Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:59 am :roll:
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:37 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:21 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:55 am Okay, I'm ready to get beat up by the usual suspects here. I understand the importance of Juneteenth to the black community. It is an occasion for celebration and joy. How did it become a reason to gather in a parking lot and instead of celebrating the party turns into a shooting gallery. One person dead and 20 more wounded. I guess there is reason to insert the dreaded eye roll emoji... :roll:
This sentence is one you’d expect from a person with brain damage. The choice of words is pathetic and demands a reciprocal lack of empathy or respect.
So you are not the least bit curious about what happened? How many celebrations have you been to in your life that ended this tragically? Your frat parties don't count. I don't give 2 chits about your opinion of what I wrote. I would expect that what happened should disgust you as much as it disgusts me. There were a number of Juneteenth celebrations in our area that involved alot of people getting together and having a good time. Would it assuage your feelings if I just ignored the damn thing? FTR Skippy you have a very long and unglamorous record of spouting off stupid chit. Your really not qualified to judge anyone, anywhere or anytime.
Keep on being stuck in the dark. This running around like an idiot is all you.

Being curious what happened and suggesting it has anything to do with Juneteenth is beyond stupid it’s wrong, Jimmy. If you can’t understand how stupid what your wrote is there is no Hope in the world for you.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I am curious how a celebration suddenly turns into a wild west shootout? The news headline said 20 people shot at Juneteenth celebration. So what the news headline said is misleading and incorrect... GOT IT Skippy. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that if everybody had left their guns at home nobody would have been shot. What the hell though Skippy, it must be a new American tradition to bring your guns to the party. I'm sure using your logic it boils down to hey, chit happens. Have a good day I'm done discussing this with you.
Eye rolls of a mentally incapacitated person. You aren’t curious about anything. By self declaration numerous times. Sorry, Jimmy, you let the world pass you by through your own intentional behavior and now are frustrated by it. Sucks to be you Jimmy.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:41 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:55 am Okay, I'm ready to get beat up by the usual suspects here. I understand the importance of Juneteenth to the black community. It is an occasion for celebration and joy. How did it become a reason to gather in a parking lot and instead of celebrating the party turns into a shooting gallery. One person dead and 20 more wounded. I guess there is reason to insert the dreaded eye roll emoji... :roll:
This sentence is one you’d expect from a person with brain damage. The choice of words is pathetic and demands a reciprocal lack of empathy or respect.
RE: the parking lot, I found an article that referred to the shooting at Honeysuckle Rose Lane and Route 83 in Willowbrook. If so, it's either one of the parking lots at Hinsdale Lake Terrace Apartments or in the strip mall parking lot just outside its entrance. While there seems to be a decent amount of grass between apartment buildings, any of the parking lot areas would seem to me to be a better choice for a neighborhood party. Everything I've managed to find about this complex seems to lead to it being low income oriented, and poorly managed. It has terrible on-line reviews.
I'm sorry I even posted it SC. Maybe a good rule of thumb for any party or celebration is leave your guns at home. Maybe the dictionary folks need a more inclusive definition of the word " celebration" There was a reason back in Dodge City why the gamblers had to leave their colts at the door? Some drunk poker player thinks he has been cheated and............ The people may change over the centuries but this is as true as it gets. Drunk people should never carry guns on them.
I'm sure all here agree that drunks shouldn't be carrying guns, but what the gun advocates want us to believe is that we need to carry a gun just in case some other 'bad guy' starts shooting...horrible gun culture problem...meanwhile, the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists are chortling away...
I'll go out on a limb and make this outrageous claim that a very large # of folks with concealed carry permits don't drink when they are packing heat.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:08 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:37 pm
Keep on being stuck in the dark. This running around like an idiot is all you.

Being curious what happened and suggesting it has anything to do with Juneteenth is beyond stupid it’s wrong, Jimmy. If you can’t understand how stupid what your wrote is there is no Hope in the world for you.

Don't be too harsh or he'll put you on "block" like he did with me (as if that was any "loss"). LOL.
I’m working hard to follow the general axiom of “be kind” so maybe I should be thankful I’m being tested.

Hahaha!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:07 am
RE: the parking lot, I found an article that referred to the shooting at Honeysuckle Rose Lane and Route 83 in Willowbrook. If so, it's either one of the parking lots at Hinsdale Lake Terrace Apartments or in the strip mall parking lot just outside its entrance. While there seems to be a decent amount of grass between apartment buildings, any of the parking lot areas would seem to me to be a better choice for a neighborhood party. Everything I've managed to find about this complex seems to lead to it being low income oriented, and poorly managed. It has terrible on-line reviews.
I'm sorry I even posted it SC. Maybe a good rule of thumb for any party or celebration is leave your guns at home. Maybe the dictionary folks need a more inclusive definition of the word " celebration" There was a reason back in Dodge City why the gamblers had to leave their colts at the door? Some drunk poker player thinks he has been cheated and............ The people may change over the centuries but this is as true as it gets. Drunk people should never carry guns on them.
I'm sure all here agree that drunks shouldn't be carrying guns, but what the gun advocates want us to believe is that we need to carry a gun just in case some other 'bad guy' starts shooting...horrible gun culture problem...meanwhile, the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists are chortling away...
I'll go out on a limb and make this outrageous claim that a very large # of folks with concealed carry permits don't drink when they are packing heat.
Yup, most people don't drink most of the time. Including those "packing heat". And those with concealed carry permits. They only drink some hours of the day.

What you seem to be suggesting is that "most" concealed carry permitted individuals leave their guns at home when they go to a bar or party...at night...away from their own home...out where it's "dangerous"...I betcha that's not accurate. I'd bet the majority have their guns on them. Else whatcha gonna have to protect yourself and your squeeze when out? I also don't think a majority are teetotalers. Indeed, I'd bet very few., like most of America.

But more importantly, the gun advocates make the argument I stated, that they need their weapons handy if a bad guy starts shooting. Wherever and whenever that may be. And we know that large groups have significant odds of being such situations simply because there are more people who can get into arguments, etc...and we also know they have become targets as well for mass shootings. It's still very, very low probability of such at any given event, but they happen...and mass shootings get alot of notice.

I'm not sure why you're being so resistant to the call out that this ain't a Juneteenth issue any more than a Memorial Day event is related to who is celebrating that holiday nor July 4th. Nothing to do with the purpose of the holiday nor who is celebrating other than they happen to live in America. Just say you agree, it has nothing to do with black folks celebrating the end of slavery...

I'm back to blaming the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists, the politicians they own, the gun nuts, and all of us who fail to vote for those who will address the gun culture with restrictions on access and usage of guns.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:07 am
Yup, most people don't drink most of the time. Including those "packing heat". And those with concealed carry permits. They only drink some hours of the day.

What you seem to be suggesting is that "most" concealed carry permitted individuals leave their guns at home when they go to a bar or party...at night...away from their own home...out where it's "dangerous"...I betcha that's not accurate. I'd bet the majority have their guns on them. Else whatcha gonna have to protect yourself and your squeeze when out? I also don't think a majority are teetotalers. Indeed, I'd bet very few., like most of America.

But more importantly, the gun advocates make the argument I stated, that they need their weapons handy if a bad guy starts shooting. Wherever and whenever that may be. And we know that large groups have significant odds of being such situations simply because there are more people who can get into arguments, etc...and we also know they have become targets as well for mass shootings. It's still very, very low probability of such at any given event, but they happen...and mass shootings get alot of notice.

I'm not sure why you're being so resistant to the call out that this ain't a Juneteenth issue any more than a Memorial Day event is related to who is celebrating that holiday nor July 4th. Nothing to do with the purpose of the holiday nor who is celebrating other than they happen to live in America. Just say you agree, it has nothing to do with black folks celebrating the end of slavery...

I'm back to blaming the gun manufacturers and their lobbyists, the politicians they own, the gun nuts, and all of us who fail to vote for those who will address the gun culture with restrictions on access and usage of guns.
It's ego because he was called out on it. Every time anyone points out a hypocrisy or inane comment he lashes out at that person. It's formulaic at this point.

Of course it's, beyond everyone's fault for particpating in this, the responsibility, and abrogation of it, by most of those who stand to profit from it.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The real Juneteenth story. Hawley got drug on twitter. This dumbass could not possibly have gotten a history degree from Stanford. What an embarrassment! What a loser!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Michele Bachmann is at it again: Michele Bachmann says slavery was not 'sinful' at America's inception
David Edwards

https://www.rawstory.com/michele-bachmann-slavery/

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) celebrated America's birthday by declaring that slavery was not a "sinful" part of the nation's founding.

In a July 4 appearance on the Christian program Flashpoint, Bachmann was asked how America's youth viewed the country's inception.

She responded by calling the 1619 Project's efforts to document the effects of slavery "evil."

"Well, I think sometimes when evil comes into the world and when falsehoods come into our nation, people react to that," Bachmann said. "There's the 1619 Project that came in, and that is a rewriting of American history, a false view of American history. And a lot of people were absolutely appalled by that."

The former lawmaker claimed that today's students are falsely being taught that America was "sinful from our inception" because slavery existed in the original 13 colonies when the war for independence broke out in 1775.

"They're taught things that aren't true, that America is a hateful country, that we were sinful from our inception," she asserted. "That isn't true. And so there's a whole 'nother group who are interested in knowing what the truth is."

"And so they're very motivated, and they're active and wanting to get the truth out to people," Bachmann insisted.

A majority of the "Founding Fathers" were slave owners, according to Britannica.

She's an ignorant bigoted nut. Had she bothered to read the Bible she would know that "man stealing" (kidnapping for slavery) was a crime punishable by death. See Exodus 21:16.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You should be happy she is sayin that....she is giving the democratic party an out.....take it. ;) 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:39 pm You should be happy she is sayin that....she is giving the democratic party an out.....take it. ;) 8-)
I don't understand your point. Can you explain, please?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

In 2023, we have a Representative - Eli Crane (R-AZ) , a navy veteran referring to "color-ed people" on the floor of the HoR.
Not to be outdone dumbass Tommy Tuberville wants to quibble about whether white nationalists are racists.

Liz Cheney is right - idiots are being elected. :oops:

Even FanLax won't allow the word here
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:55 am Michele Bachmann is at it again: Michele Bachmann says slavery was not 'sinful' at America's inception
David Edwards

https://www.rawstory.com/michele-bachmann-slavery/

Former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) celebrated America's birthday by declaring that slavery was not a "sinful" part of the nation's founding.

In a July 4 appearance on the Christian program Flashpoint, Bachmann was asked how America's youth viewed the country's inception.

She responded by calling the 1619 Project's efforts to document the effects of slavery "evil."

"Well, I think sometimes when evil comes into the world and when falsehoods come into our nation, people react to that," Bachmann said. "There's the 1619 Project that came in, and that is a rewriting of American history, a false view of American history. And a lot of people were absolutely appalled by that."

The former lawmaker claimed that today's students are falsely being taught that America was "sinful from our inception" because slavery existed in the original 13 colonies when the war for independence broke out in 1775.

"They're taught things that aren't true, that America is a hateful country, that we were sinful from our inception," she asserted. "That isn't true. And so there's a whole 'nother group who are interested in knowing what the truth is."

"And so they're very motivated, and they're active and wanting to get the truth out to people," Bachmann insisted.

A majority of the "Founding Fathers" were slave owners, according to Britannica.

She's an ignorant bigoted nut. Had she bothered to read the Bible she would know that "man stealing" (kidnapping for slavery) was a crime punishable by death. See Exodus 21:16.
and the Brits only made slavery illegal, to mess with everyone else.

Not sure what part she is incorrect about ? Most of the African slaves went to Spanish speaking colonies (Port. too ) anyway.

Bachmann is a con artist, fer sure. Plenty of real stuff to bash her own. "sinful", can be discussed, especially since greed is a sin, and the only purpose to own another human IS greed. So, in a sense, she is wrong about human bondage as NOT being "sinful". Certainly, it shows veinity ?

African slaves arrived way earlier, than 1619......why is it only the English speaking white, western European to blame, not the Spanish speaking, white ,western European romance language slave traders .

Why is the African slave trade of the Central and Southern Americas taught, by the 1619 "clu b"
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ as I wrote before = "See Exodus 21:16"

The Judeo-Christian Bible imposes the death penalty for the crime of "man stealing".

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

“African slaves arrived way earlier, than 1619......why is it only the English speaking white, western European to blame, not the Spanish speaking, white ,western European romance language slave traders .“

Run that by me again
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:28 pm “African slaves arrived way earlier, than 1619......why is it only the English speaking white, western European to blame, not the Spanish speaking, white ,western European romance language slave traders .“

Run that by me again
I think he's just trying to pee on the 1619 Project, as that date symbolizes when slavery had a solid foothold in what became the US in Jamestown, VA.

There had been earlier slaves brought to Florida by the Spanish, as well as other efforts to bring slaves to the Americas.

https://www.history.com/news/american-s ... stown-1619#

As to "blame", I have no idea what he's talking about as historians, including the 1619 Project, don't ignore the earlier slave trade, nor is the point that slavery was America's "original sin" a blaming of solely the British...to the contrary, the issue that the 1619 Project is intended to drive awareness of is that much of our country's early financial success was dependent upon slavery, and, it was this financial success, and the desire to control it, that drove the rebellion from Britain in the first place. Many of the early Founders were slave owners and darn few ever freed their slaves, certainly not upon winning independence from Britain. The noble words of those Founders did not apply to all in the new United States.

Perhaps he's confused by the reality that the USA was founded by 13 British colonies. They wrote and agreed to the Constitution, not the Spanish or French colonies. But sure, slavery was present in what eventually became the US before 1619.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Well, I guess sometimes "facts" are stranger than fiction...

If I were a parent in Floriduh, I'd be leaving and taking my children elsewhere.

"Florida’s public schools will now teach students that some Black people benefited from slavery because it taught them useful skills, part of new African American history standards approved Wednesday that were blasted by a state teachers' union as a “step backward.”

The Florida State Board of Education’s new standards includes controversial language about how “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” according to a 216-page document about the state’s 2023 standards in social studies, posted by the Florida Department of Education."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... -rcna95418
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

I didn't believe it when it was making the media rounds. Thought "oh, this must be more partisan nonsense spin". So naturally, I looked up what was ACTUALLY being proposed, expecting Pete Brown nonsense from the libs.

Nope. These F"ing racist nutjobs in Florida want to FORCE Florida teachers to tell their students: "hey man, you know, slavery gave some of them slaves some lifelong work skills".

Not kidding. Here's the new mandated "educational benchmark" for Florida State Academic Standards for Social Studies:

SS.68.AA.2 Analyze events that involved or affected Africans from the founding of the nation through Reconstruction.

With the new Benchmark clarification:

Clarification 1: instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

Anyone involved in putting this on paper needs to be removed from power---and our children . Immediately.

A new low for our nation, folks. I can't believe they put that into print. If Republican leaders don't flip out over this? Then you know what's REALLY going on here, and the libs aren't crying wolf. Yep, it's true. They can use racism as a weapon.

But folks, this is as clear as it gets. There's no wiggle room on this sh(t.

I'm sickened that this is on a government document.

Here's the link for the minutes:

www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/20653/urlt/6-4.pdf
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:13 pm Well, I guess sometimes "facts" are stranger than fiction...

If I were a parent in Floriduh, I'd be leaving and taking my children elsewhere.

"Florida’s public schools will now teach students that some Black people benefited from slavery because it taught them useful skills, part of new African American history standards approved Wednesday that were blasted by a state teachers' union as a “step backward.”

The Florida State Board of Education’s new standards includes controversial language about how “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” according to a 216-page document about the state’s 2023 standards in social studies, posted by the Florida Department of Education."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ne ... -rcna95418
It’s all building up to Ronnie D making the case for why there’s so many retired Jewish snowbirds in S FL and how Hitler was really just conditioning them to like warm climates.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:28 pm “African slaves arrived way earlier, than 1619......why is it only the English speaking white, western European to blame, not the Spanish speaking, white ,western European romance language slave traders .“

Run that by me again

Don't mind RRR too much.

We've had enough discussions here about how Columbus and Spanish royalty created the slave trade. While this truth has always been known it has only been in the past half century or so since his reputation has fallen thanks to this revelation. In fact I recall mentioning Bartolomé de las Casas and his condemnation of slavery caused by his countrymen in Spain.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:09 pm

Run that by me again

Don't mind RRR too much.

We've had enough discussions here about how Columbus and Spanish royalty created the slave trade. While this truth has always been known it has only been in the past half century or so since his reputation has fallen thanks to this revelation. In fact I recall mentioning Bartolomé de las Casas and his condemnation of slavery caused by his countrymen in Spain.
well, you'd at least think we've had "enough", but not sure everyone was listening.

But this was a squirrel thrown out by RRR that had nothing really to do with the topic, nor any sort of valid refutation of the 1619 Project. That the authors of that effort use 1619 as pertains to the founding colonies of what became the USA is entirely reasonable as a way to draw attention to slavery's role in those particular colonies for 150 years prior to the founding. That there was even earlier slavery in other parts of the Americas, including what eventually became other States is also plenty interesting and should be taught in our history classes, accurately, as well...they are concepts NOT in conflict.

However, those colonies, those regions, did not contribute to the Founders' choices to revolt, nor in their choices in the creation of our founding documents, nor any role in early governance of the country.

I don't think OCanada was unaware of earlier slavery, just perplexed by the claim that somehow the 1619 Project was saying "only the English speaking white, western European to blame, not the Spanish speaking, white ,western European romance language slave traders .“

That was a squirrelly squirrel....
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

However, those {Spanish} colonies, those regions, did not contribute to the Founders' choices to revolt, nor in their choices in the creation of our founding documents, nor any role in early governance of the country.

Actually, the Spanish speaking regions had a significant role in liberating what became the USA from Britain. Commander-General de Gálves (for whom Galveston, TX is named) was former governor of Louisiana who resigned from office to fight the British. From what I've read his used his forces (comprised of Spaniards, former slaves, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and others) to fight the Brits all the way to California. He freed Florida from British rule and supplied the former colonies with arms and foods. That's how the war was won.

Return to “POLITICS”