Landmark Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Leonard Washington

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by Leonard Washington »

Tightyrighty wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:13 am I think anyone playing 6 years of college sports is kinda wild. I’m sure the kid is getting a 2 year MBA so he’s probably saying it makes sense so why not. My thing is that in 21 teams had half a season. E town had played like 9 games at that point when the lost in the chip so, to say they didn’t have a season is a stretch. Also can’t even imagine the student loans it’s taking to do this. Why not throw your name in the portal see what’s out there on greener pastures at D2 maybe D1
All solid points. The 6 years I have had conversations with (not affiliated with the Landmark conference lol) will definitely be getting their masters degrees. Money didn't seem like an issue. The thing that was interesting was that a few of them that were staying in DIII didn't want to move up and "challenge" themselves as they didn't want to "sit the bench". They are comfortable where they are at or are going in DIII.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Leonard Washington wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:01 am
Tightyrighty wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:13 am I think anyone playing 6 years of college sports is kinda wild. I’m sure the kid is getting a 2 year MBA so he’s probably saying it makes sense so why not. My thing is that in 21 teams had half a season. E town had played like 9 games at that point when the lost in the chip so, to say they didn’t have a season is a stretch. Also can’t even imagine the student loans it’s taking to do this. Why not throw your name in the portal see what’s out there on greener pastures at D2 maybe D1
All solid points. The 6 years I have had conversations with (not affiliated with the Landmark conference lol) will definitely be getting their masters degrees. Money didn't seem like an issue. The thing that was interesting was that a few of them that were staying in DIII didn't want to move up and "challenge" themselves as they didn't want to "sit the bench". They are comfortable where they are at or are going in DIII.
On the flip side the NESCAC and Centennial got at most 6 games(some less) and were told that they should “consider themselves lucky”. The whole point of the waivers was because of the lack of unification across NCAA . This isn’t a widespread thing the best teams are going to continue to be the best. ETown didn’t even win the Landmark so complaining about someone else desire to continue to play a game that most of us on this forum are so passionate about; that we are willing to post on an anonymous forum.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Where was the outrage when Salisbury or MIT had 6th year players who broke records! Any player who wants to use their eligibility and in the meantime are bettering themselves is a player many coaches would want in their program. Good for Kilgour.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

How about other Landmark teams just get better instead of wishing the best players in the conference transfer.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Has anyone considered the fact that perhaps this individual had plans to attend grad school? Most graduate programs fall at minimum take 1-2 years so if you have the eligibility and can manage your studies why not continue to play. Anyone talking about student loans or anything in regards to financials should worry about themselves. Etown didn't make the rules, the NCAA did....if you have an issues take it up with them.
D3hero

Post by D3hero »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:50 pm Has anyone considered the fact that perhaps this individual had plans to attend grad school? Most graduate programs fall at minimum take 1-2 years so if you have the eligibility and can manage your studies why not continue to play. Anyone talking about student loans or anything in regards to financials should worry about themselves. Etown didn't make the rules, the NCAA did....if you have an issues take it up with them.
yeah this is it
Last edited by D3hero on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:23 pm
LaxCrusader1 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:55 pm
If you notice, I never took shots specifically at the young man, but at the idea of 6 years of collegiate athletics. But way to make the straw man argument, and not focus on the actual topic I was trying to discuss: 6th year athletes in college at all. Not a young man taking advantage of it. All the power to him.

I simply disagree with the idea of someone who has already had 5 seasons to play... taking opportunities away from say a junior, or senior, or even a 5th year. But go off i guess Leonard...
Never took shots at the young man? I guess my reading comprehension skills are lacking and fading away as I get older. So yes, it wasn't you that +1 on a post that said "Time to grow up Kilgour, returning for a 6th year at E-town LMAO".

The fact is, if you wanted to have a conversation about 6th years, then have one, instead of being lazy and +1/quote about a specific individual. Love the glorious backpedaling or should I congrats on trying to put that toothpaste back in the tube. Hope it works out for you. But you're right, I got you confused with someone else. Carry on. Hope the air up there is clean. :lol:
Fair point on the laziness, and to the post it was posted on. Understood, and appreciated. To be clear, I place no blame on any athlete taking advantage of the rules they are playing under. But, it does affect the competition, recruiting, and experience of other athletes that will not have even a 5th year, let alone a 6th.

Still, thanks for keeping me honest Mr. Washingington.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

LaxCrusader1 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:45 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:23 pm
LaxCrusader1 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:55 pm
If you notice, I never took shots specifically at the young man, but at the idea of 6 years of collegiate athletics. But way to make the straw man argument, and not focus on the actual topic I was trying to discuss: 6th year athletes in college at all. Not a young man taking advantage of it. All the power to him.

I simply disagree with the idea of someone who has already had 5 seasons to play... taking opportunities away from say a junior, or senior, or even a 5th year. But go off i guess Leonard...
Never took shots at the young man? I guess my reading comprehension skills are lacking and fading away as I get older. So yes, it wasn't you that +1 on a post that said "Time to grow up Kilgour, returning for a 6th year at E-town LMAO".

The fact is, if you wanted to have a conversation about 6th years, then have one, instead of being lazy and +1/quote about a specific individual. Love the glorious backpedaling or should I congrats on trying to put that toothpaste back in the tube. Hope it works out for you. But you're right, I got you confused with someone else. Carry on. Hope the air up there is clean. :lol:
Fair point on the laziness, and to the post it was posted on. Understood, and appreciated. To be clear, I place no blame on any athlete taking advantage of the rules they are playing under. But, it does affect the competition, recruiting, and experience of other athletes that will not have even a 5th year, let alone a 6th.

Still, thanks for keeping me honest Mr. Washingington.
Kudos Crusader… it’s refreshing to see someone maturely defer to a valid counter point, instead of taking us all down a bottomless rabbit hole of proverbial “dead horse beating” and childish intransigence. Something I’m sure I’ve been guilty of myself - to a small degree of course! :lol:
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Two NESCAC coordinators that Catholic did not get.
Richard Carrington, defensive coordinator at Amherst, takes over as head coach at Haverford, and Will Pilat, offensive coordinator at Wesleyan, will be head coach at Immaculata.
Last edited by nevadajoe on Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Sounds like final interview for Catholic is today. That being the case they should have a decision soon.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Lycoming has their new coach as they enter the Landmark Conference next year.

https://lycomingathletics.com/news/2023 ... -role.aspx
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

I like the hire by Lyco. Makin played when the last Coach, Gorman, was just starting out and I think they are from the same hometown. Hopefully with him being an alum they can get him to stick around for a while.
Good Luck Coach Makin!
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

relaxedfan wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:10 am I like the hire by Lyco. Makin played when the last Coach, Gorman, was just starting out and I think they are from the same hometown. Hopefully with him being an alum they can get him to stick around for a while.
Good Luck Coach Makin!
If we like the hire, can we at least spell the man's last name correctly :lol:

All kidding aside, Coach Mackin is a class guy. There is a glass ceiling at Averett (lacrosse wise). Happy he is able to come home and take over at Lycoming. Landmark ain't a cake walk! Good luck
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

Can't believe I messed the spelling up. Actually I'm surprised anytime I spell something right. Lyco has some some advantages over Averett but plenty of challenges as well. And while the Landmark is no cake walk, it ain't the ODAC either. Good Luck Coach MACKIN!
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Susquehanna grad Peter Donley reported to be taking over at Catholic.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Catholic just made it official. Curious to see what coach donley can do with the program

https://www.catholicathletics.com/sport ... 0718eanpll
D3hero

Post by D3hero »

No disrespect to Coach Donley, but I thought Catholic would make a bigger splash with this hire. Heard a lot of bigger names floating around.

Hope Coach Donley can clean up the culture at the program after what Sax created. We all remember the ending to that 2021 Catholic-Moravian semifinal…haha
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Doug sage, former HC of Drew and Scranton for a few years a while back, has just been given the interim HC spot at Manhattan since the current HC has moved on to be the DC at cuse. Pretty cool showing for the landmark hopefully he can have a good showing there and rep us lil ole D3 fellas proudly.
Skeetshooter

Post by Skeetshooter »

Anyone hear about transfers coming in to landmark teams??
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Skeetshooter wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:06 pm Anyone hear about transfers coming in to landmark teams??
Goucher has at least 3 that I know of:

Howard CC - Tyler May
CCBC Essex - David Vucci
Greensboro College - Caelen Young

Might be more.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”