January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:49 am Georgia Supreme Court rejects Trump’s nearly moronic effort to quash the Fulton County DA’s investigation. Eight of the nine judges appointed by GOP governors.
Once again Georgia (Atlanta and its suburbs) bring sanity back to the realm.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:50 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:49 am Georgia Supreme Court rejects Trump’s nearly moronic effort to quash the Fulton County DA’s investigation. Eight of the nine judges appointed by GOP governors.
And Kemp acknowledges that he would “endorse” Trump if he is the nominee. The grip of the cult is strong.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:48 am
And Kemp acknowledges that he would “endorse” Trump if he is the nominee. The grip of the cult is strong.
Kemp plays to the hicks in the sticks and the KKK out east towards Alabama (on I20 or up towards Centre) then falls back to the middle (literally if you look at Atlanta in the state it’s a little north but fairly central). I’m not a fan but when he has to act his actions don’t look like his words in a way that would please you, and people who care about like freedom, property rights, civility. He stinks because he’s a politician but he’s demonstrated when forced to that he does what is right.

So to describe him as in the grip of the cult is debatable. He’s just selling everyone - still don’t love him and his commercials holding a gun are a joke. He’s an institutionalist at his core which isn’t MAGA (not saying it’s good but it’s not that).

In a country that’s barbelled in its representation he’s closer to the center than a lot of folks outside the state realize. The economy is too diverse and there’s too many transients and transplants mixed into the population to do otherwise and retain a seat.

Meanwhile Cali, NY watch in horror and can’t do anything, completely effete, about what’s happening in VA, TX, OH, MI, AZ. Just screaming and yelling. Right or wrong when it comes time to adjudicate National issues Atlanta is the epicenter. I used to think it was places like the mid Atlantic and Colorado but it’s basically been a parallel shift south.

BTW, I’ve lived here now 13yrs and it still doesn’t feel like home and I don’t love it. After years of refusing to consider jobs out of the area I opened up to doing something potentially where id have to move to San Diego and still lived half my adult life in DC or NY (70/30 NYC/upstate info college)

Edit: would you rather Doc talking speciously about Cali or Peter Brown to come back and jerk off over the villages or me pointing to my people at least shutting down disaster. Don’t forget our girl Fani Willis.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 am
Kemp plays to the hicks in the sticks and the KKK out east towards Alabama (on I20 or up towards Centre) then falls back to the middle (literally if you look at Atlanta in the state it’s a little north but fairly central). I’m not a fan but when he has to act his actions don’t look like his words in a way that would please you, and people who care about like freedom, property rights, civility. He stinks because he’s a politician but he’s demonstrated when forced to that he does what is right.

So to describe him as in the grip of the cult is debatable. He’s just selling everyone - still don’t love him and his commercials holding a gun are a joke. He’s an institutionalist at his core which isn’t MAGA (not saying it’s good but it’s not that).

In a country that’s barbelled in its representation he’s closer to the center than a lot of folks outside the state realize. The economy is too diverse and there’s too many transients and transplants mixed into the population to do otherwise and retain a seat.

Meanwhile Cali, NY watch in horror and can’t do anything, completely effete, about what’s happening in VA, TX, OH, MI, AZ. Just screaming and yelling. Right or wrong when it comes time to adjudicate National issues Atlanta is the epicenter. I used to think it was places like the mid Atlantic and Colorado but it’s basically been a parallel shift south.

BTW, I’ve lived here now 13yrs and it still doesn’t feel like home and I don’t love it. After years of refusing to consider jobs out of the area I opened up to doing something potentially where id have to move to San Diego and still lived half my adult life in DC or NY (70/30 NYC/upstate info college)

Edit: would you rather Doc talking speciously about Cali or Peter Brown to come back and jerk off over the villages or me pointing to my people at least shutting down disaster. Don’t forget our girl Fani Willis.
“He’s just selling everyone”

That’s what politicians do. We get the leaders we deserve.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:30 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 am

“He’s just selling everyone”

That’s what politicians do. We get the leaders we deserve.
Agreed but I think a meaningful distinction in selling everyone vs. selling a very targeted nasty cohort. As I said, not a massive fan of the guy but he's what moderate republicans thought/hoped Trump would be when facing Hillary going into the 16 election. Outsource and delegate to smarter, better people and ultimately make the responsible/reasonable decision even if talking a big game to firebreathers to settle those gimps down.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Michigan AG just dropped indictments on 16 fake electors from Michigan.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Voting fraud does not happen.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:13 pm Voting fraud does not happen.
Just putting that out there? :roll: :D

Are you saying that these fake electors didn't commit fraud, knowing that all claims brought to courts in Michigan had been found entirely meritless well before they made their phony submission?

Or are you saying they did commit fraud?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Of course, there really are sometimes attempts to commit election fraud, including in Michigan, according to those writer:

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... t-n1295741

Obviously, those sorts of efforts should be taken very seriously, and when there's actual intent, IMO folks should go to jail for it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Same simple, tried-and-true logic applies that always has, my man: I'll believe that election fraud in the US exists the moment every single winning candidate on every single US ballot refuses to take their victory because they believe if was fraudulently obtained.

Wake me up when that happens. Until then?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

In a national election, voter fraud is statistically insignificant….in the basis point range….. coaches molest kids at a higher rate.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:30 pm
Just putting that out there? :roll: :D

Are you saying that these fake electors didn't commit fraud, knowing that all claims brought to courts in Michigan had been found entirely meritless well before they made their phony submission?

Or are you saying they did commit fraud?
There’s also the complete lack of distinction of the entire citizenry voting in a general election and the electoral college members which is problematic if one took that statement seriously though I imagine most dont.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:20 pm
In a national election, voter fraud is statistically insignificant….in the basis point range….. coaches molest kids at a higher rate.
Mainly because of Disney’s suppression of it.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The Chesebro Memo

'Previously Secret Memo Laid Out Strategy for Trump to Overturn Biden’s Win
The House Jan. 6 committee’s investigation did not uncover the memo, whose existence first came to light in last week’s indictment."

Read it for yourself (PDF file)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/us/p ... -memo.html

https://www.justsecurity.org/87498/kenn ... -election/

Nothing to see here - just move along...... :o

and then there's this
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-kil ... =102138966
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Another, IMO, very interesting and important Tucker Carlson interview, this time with Capitol Chief of Police, Steven Sund.

Sorry don't have the link. Came up on my X (Twitter) feed. Probably easy to find if anyone's interested.
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:37 am Another, IMO, very interesting and important Tucker Carlson interview, this time with Capitol Chief of Police, Steven Sund.

Sorry don't have the link. Came up on my X (Twitter) feed. Probably easy to find if anyone's interested.
Wow ! :shock: ...no wonder nobody wants to hear from him. 71 minutes from the time he requested permission to call in the National Guard until Pelosi gave him permission.

Sund wanted to request that the National Guard be placed on stand by in the advance planning meeting, but was told to not make it an official request. He was hung out to dry.

Sund's comparison of the BLM riots to Jan 6th was telling. Because of their criticism of the BLM riot response "optics", Mayor Bowser & Pelosi had the Pentagon afraid to deploy the National Guard on Jan 6th beyond what the CPB requested & Bowser approved in the advance meeting when DoD said they'd provide whatever the CPB & Mayor requested, so long as they made it a formal request.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/statu ... gr%5Etweet
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:58 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:37 am Another, IMO, very interesting and important Tucker Carlson interview, this time with Capitol Chief of Police, Steven Sund.

Wow ! :shock: ...no wonder nobody wants to hear from him. 71 minutes from the time he requested permission to call in the National Guard until Pelosi gave him permission.

Sund wanted to request that the National Guard be placed on stand by in the advance planning meeting, but was told to not make it an official request. He was hung out to dry.

Sund's comparison of the BLM riots to Jan 6th was telling. Because of their criticism of the BLM riot response "optics", Mayor Bowser & Pelosi had the Pentagon afraid to deploy the National Guard on Jan 6th beyond what the CPB requested & Bowser approved in the advance meeting when DoD said they'd provide whatever the CPB & Mayor requested, so long as they made it a formal request.

You are the ‘86 Bears.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:58 am

So this is now Pelosi's fault? Is that what you're telling us?

Return to “POLITICS”