Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Religion in America

Post by jhu72 »

Claims of "Book Cooking" by Theaters benefiting Sound of Freedom owners. Claims of sold out theaters that are half filled??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:48 pm Claims of "Book Cooking" by Theaters benefiting Sound of Freedom owners. Claims of sold out theaters that are half filled??
Lying…..seems to be the Christian way these days……not like any Christians I know.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

On Saturday night my wife and I went to see the new Indiana Jones flick. The theater was about half filled when the movie started. Most of the crowd appeared to be couples over 50 years old. Very few youngsters appeared in the audience. We thought it was a very entertaining movie with a bit of a surprise ending. Of the five movie episodes this was one of the two best IMO.

Monday morning worldwide gross was $302 million. Disney made back it's production budget in 16 days. Sound of Freedom sits at $85 million if you believe it. Numbers are being questioned, see post above.

Something hinky is going on in the "movie press". Way too many stories, from limited (repeated) sources, praising Sound of Freedom results, while way too many stories, from limited (repeated) sources, telling how bad Indiana Jones and Disney are doing. The 4 Disney movies in theaters currently passed gross sales of $2.3 billion over the weekend! I am guessing the right-wing blogosphere has a propaganda campaign running centered around them "winning" and their enemy "losing". :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:48 pm Claims of "Book Cooking" by Theaters benefiting Sound of Freedom owners. Claims of sold out theaters that are half filled??
There is a type of 'crowdfunding' for lack of a better term. You can purchase a ticket(s) for others. This is talked about at the close of the movie, after the credits roll. Sort of a pay it forward for those that may not have the means to attend a movie or pay for subscription based television feeds.

But hey....as TLD noted, lying must be the only way. And strangely, since when did child trafficking now turn in to a 'Christian' thing. It's almost like people don't want us to learn about child trafficking......makes you wonder why?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:05 pm
There is a type of 'crowdfunding' for lack of a better term. You can purchase a ticket(s) for others. This is talked about at the close of the movie, after the credits roll. Sort of a pay it forward for those that may not have the means to attend a movie or pay for subscription based television feeds.

But hey....as TLD noted, lying must be the only way. And strangely, since when did child trafficking now turn in to a 'Christian' thing. It's almost like people don't want us to learn about child trafficking......makes you wonder why?
I was too harsh regarding “Christians” and lying. Those orchestrating the great deception may not be Christians.

Just adding to my post total.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:09 pm

I was too harsh regarding “Christians” and lying. Those orchestrating the great deception may not be Christians.

"God's children are no longer for sale." But tickets to my movie are!

Maybe Trump can push some of his PAC money that way.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:25 pm On Saturday night my wife and I went to see the new Indiana Jones flick. The theater was about half filled when the movie started. Most of the crowd appeared to be couples over 50 years old. Very few youngsters appeared in the audience. We thought it was a very entertaining movie with a bit of a surprise ending. Of the five movie episodes this was one of the two best IMO.

Monday morning worldwide gross was $302 million. Disney made back it's production budget in 16 days. Sound of Freedom sits at $85 million if you believe it. Numbers are being questioned, see post above.

Something hinky is going on in the "movie press". Way too many stories, from limited (repeated) sources, praising Sound of Freedom results, while way too many stories, from limited (repeated) sources, telling how bad Indiana Jones and Disney are doing. The 4 Disney movies in theaters currently passed gross sales of $2.3 billion over the weekend! I am guessing the right-wing blogosphere has a propaganda campaign running centered around them "winning" and their enemy "losing". :roll:
Of course when you see the same language and sentence structures repeat themselves you should know you are getting worked.

That being said, Pixar is having real structural problems the last few years. And Disney does have issues that are somewhat unique within the media industry, largely from buying Fox in 2019.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They fakes - just pious
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:23 pm

"God's children are no longer for sale." But tickets to my movie are!

Maybe Trump can push some of his PAC money that way.
They are also no longer welcome in America.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:05 pm But hey....as TLD noted, lying must be the only way. And strangely, since when did child trafficking now turn in to a 'Christian' thing. It's almost like people don't want us to learn about child trafficking......makes you wonder why?
"It's almost as if people don't want us to learn about child trafficking"...is straight out TinFoilHat nonsense.

How come you all weren't beating your chests about watching the Liam Neesen's "Taken". That was child trafficking, my man. Clear as day.

Where was this "US vs. Them" game with that movie? It was nowhere to be found. Why?

You know why: it was how TeamTinFoil framed the conversation. This is more fabricated outrage culture clickbait.

I still plan on seeing the movie. But geez, no one is keeping people from watching it anymore than people are keeping folks from watching any movie.

Upload it to YouTube if it's SO important. Make it free.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

If they were actually giving out tickets to poor folks, sure...but that's not actually what's happening, or at least not predominantly...else the seats would get filled...

You ask an important question though, but do you actually know the answer?

As a fan points out, "Taken" didn't try to make it about "Christian" or anything other than the horrific reality that can happen.

But times have changed.

See 2024 thread:
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:49 am
CU88a wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:52 am Christie is just looking to be a spoiler in GOP Primary. These debates will be worth the extra popcorn, unless 2xIMPOTUS o d skips it to avoid the lashing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/christi ... ent-2023-7

Christie, former New Jersey governor who is challenging Trump for the 2024 nomination, said the ex-president's claim is absurd and that he has, in fact, been indicted "because of his outrageous conduct."

Speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper, Christie argued that no other American had "illegally retained classified national secrets after being asked — politely, quietly, and professionally for 18 months — to voluntarily turn them back over after he left the White House."

And no other American, he continued, "lied to their own lawyers about where those documents were" or who "flashed around documents regarding an Iranian war plan to people who didn't have clearance to see them."
Very unlikely that Trump shows for the first debate. No upside for him.

Christie will likely go after DeSantis in particular, so be prepared for DeSantis to be exposed, deer in the headlights. That's good for Trump.

DeSantis has signaled that he may take some shots at Tim Scott, and likely some broader swings at Trump not getting done most any of his campaign promises, various losses ever since...audience will boo some of the shots at Trump.

I listened to a podcast this week about QAnon (nut job with bombs and guns stalking Obama house was QAnon inspired); guy has been studying the movement for many years, deep inside the bowels of it. Lots of splinters and offshoots, but core beliefs include that a global elite cabal has controlled the world for centuries, perhaps thousands of years, drinking the blood of children, supposedly to sustain or extend life because of a chemical 'adreno something' that has such powers, and today it includes Wall Street titans, Hollywood, Democrats, Obama, Clintons, Soros...etc...piggybacks on old beliefs re Jews and cites various NAZI sources...but old mythology, made new...and also core is the belief that Trump, specifically, is the Chosen to overthrow this cabal, take them to Guantanamo and execute them all...ushering in utopia...violent, proto-fascist, the movement has appealed to Christian Nationalists, White Nationalists, and more recently broadened racially and with more women under the guise of 'save the children'...Pizzagate, Epstein, and being online way, way too much during Covid...now book banning, gender fears, etc...vaccine conspiracies, government control was another way "into" QAnon....and nothing, absolutely nothing, can be trusted as truthful from government.

Nutso's right? well...apparently 7% of all Americans say they believe in QAnon when asked specifically with that name...but at least 15% of Americans agree that global elites have conspired to rule the world in secret...

Nearly all such have coalesced in the GOP, and given the Trump mythology, they believe he and he alone is the Chosen...no matter what...and he now wears a Q pin to rallies and plays Q music at them...

7% of Americans is nearly 25% of the GOP...believe in QAnon by name...but double that believe in the core concept...Nearly all of those voters are going to vote for Trump no matter what, everything can be explained...unshakeable.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:05 pm But hey....as TLD noted, lying must be the only way. And strangely, since when did child trafficking now turn in to a 'Christian' thing. It's almost like people don't want us to learn about child trafficking......makes you wonder why?
"It's almost as if people don't want us to learn about child trafficking"...is straight out TinFoilHat nonsense.

How come you all weren't beating your chests about watching the Liam Neesen's "Taken". That was child trafficking, my man. Clear as day.

Where was this "US vs. Them" game with that movie? It was nowhere to be found. Why?

You know why: it was how TeamTinFoil framed the conversation. This is more fabricated outrage culture clickbait.

I still plan on seeing the movie. But geez, no one is keeping people from watching it anymore than people are keeping folks from watching any movie.

Spotlight did well at the box office.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Perhaps my favorite Denzel Washington film. It was great.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:09 pm

Training Day.

What about the one where he’s a florida cop in trouble? That one has Eve Medes in it!
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:24 pm

Training Day.

What about the one where he’s a florida cop in trouble? That one has Eve Medes in it!
Training Day is 2nd for me. Lonzo Harris is a legend though….
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Taken was a true story, fighting against the gov't for no funding, while telling Liam to ignore it all, drop everything and come home, while help others you do not know, under reporting saving 120 kids rather than 54 in the film, drawing attention to known issue that Hollywood would not fund. But yea.....maybe you should pick your fight with Liam....since he stayed zip lipped about it, says more about LIam, now doesn't it.

But as typical, anyone remotely mentioning Christ for the betterment of our lives is immediately attacked by the religiophobic crowd....just strange.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Training Day.

Out of time. Good movie!

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:37 pm

Training Day.

Out of time. Good movie!

Joe
Yes it was!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:32 pm Taken was a true story, fighting against the gov't for no funding, while telling Liam to ignore it all, drop everything and come home, while help others you do not know, under reporting saving 120 kids rather than 54 in the film, drawing attention to known issue that Hollywood would not fund. But yea.....maybe you should pick your fight with Liam....since he stayed zip lipped about it, says more about LIam, now doesn't it.
I'm not picking a fight...that's you.

Taken already did the same plot as this new movie, YA: good guy goes into the dark underbelly of child trafficking, and retrieves the kid that was "Taken". Shows how many people look the other way with this stuff.

Hollywood not only funded this, it funded a sequel, my man. So....there goes any absurd idea that this is being "hidden" by Hollwood.

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:32 pm But as typical, anyone remotely mentioning Christ for the betterment of our lives is immediately attacked by the religiophobic crowd....just strange.
I didn't mention him.

I'm only mocking the invention of "they're suppressing this film".....this is just plain wrong, and an absurd claim made by clickbait outrage culture websites. It's plainly an irrational claim, YA.

As for your attack on Neeson? :lol: Scroll to 5:30, my man.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:09 pm

Training Day.

Training Day is 2nd for me. Lonzo Harris is a legend though….
1. Lonzo Harris
2. King Kong
3. Chuck Norris

Return to “POLITICS”