D1 Womens Lacrosse
Essexfenwick

Re: Transfer portal

Post by Essexfenwick »

user1020 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:04 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:30 pm
Dasher wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:02 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:19 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 am Has anybody except UMD transferred in a 1st team all American? Haven’t been keeping up.
Your post makes it seem like ball will be the most impactful transfer because she was “first team AA”. Who cares. Maryland got two defenders as good as ball last season and they were not difference makers.
On the other hand, aurora cordingly was “just” a third team iwcla as her last year at hop….and then proceeded to be the best player on the Maryland team she joined by far…

Maryland need a lot of things. Ball is a nice addition, but that’s it…. Said differently, if you could have either lopinto or ball at Maryland, would you really choose ball????!
Ball is one of the most dominant defenders I have ever seen. She has elite size, speed, and skills. I take her all day.
That's great and all, but Maryland needs someone of Ball's defensive caliber for their offense.
I wondered all last season was Marge Donovan did not shine with the Terps. Bosco excelled as a Terp and in their system, but Donovan did not. Does anyone know why?
Donovan was a 3rd team AA prior to UMD and Bosco wasn’t on the AA teams. Ball is a bonifide 1st team AA.
jff97

Essex Advice

Post by jff97 »

As I've written before, this poster is a troll on multiple sites about UMD sports. Just best to ignore. Do NOT feed the troll.
Essexfenwick

Re: Essex Advice

Post by Essexfenwick »

jff97 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:08 pm As I've written before, this poster is a troll on multiple sites about UMD sports. Just best to ignore. Do NOT feed the troll.

Lolzzz! The fact that UMD is the only woman’s lacrosse royalty .. and got the only 1st team AA transfer is “trolling”. How dare UMD get the most valuable addition to its never to be unmatched program?

Give somebody else a chance!!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Boycott the Troll.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Ha. It'll all come out in the wash.

A defensive unit is only as strong as its weakest link. Finding the right piece on offense can take a team to the next level. Defense is about depth, attack can be about top-end talent if you have no other choice and that can potentially get you far (but not to a natty).
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:10 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 am Has anybody except UMD transferred in a 1st team all American? Haven’t been keeping up.
Your post makes it seem like ball will be the most impactful transfer because she was “first team AA”. Who cares. Maryland got two defenders as good as ball last season and they were not difference makers.
On the other hand, aurora cordingly was “just” a third team iwcla as her last year at hop….and then proceeded to be the best player on the Maryland team she joined by far…

Maryland need a lot of things. Ball is a nice addition, but that’s it…. Said differently, if you could have either lopinto or ball at Maryland, would you really choose ball????!
Ball is one of the most dominant defenders I have ever seen. She has elite size, speed, and skills. I take her all day.
Don't want to speak for Womenslaxxfan, but think the point was that MD is losing 3 starters on defense. 2 of which, Bosco and Donovan, are all-americans. Yes, Ball is great, but she's basically just partially replacing what they lost on defense. Defense wasn't the issue with MD last year. and LoPinto would have given them something they didn't have. Not to mention the fact that Essex is just an annoying poster, and that's coming from a fan of MD lacrosse.
Or they could just develop their HIGHLY RANKED recruits into the players they need them to be, or don’t, and just rely on transfers…
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

intheknow247 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Don't want to speak for Womenslaxxfan, but think the point was that MD is losing 3 starters on defense. 2 of which, Bosco and Donovan, are all-americans. Yes, Ball is great, but she's basically just partially replacing what they lost on defense. Defense wasn't the issue with MD last year. and LoPinto would have given them something they didn't have. Not to mention the fact that Essex is just an annoying poster, and that's coming from a fan of MD lacrosse.
Or they could just develop their HIGHLY RANKED recruits into the players they need them to be, or don’t, and just rely on transfers…
Ah yes, MD's ~*~highly ranked~*~ recruits... which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

BC picks up their 3rd AA transfer. Clarke from UVA.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:50 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Ah yes, MD's ~*~highly ranked~*~ recruits... which came first, the chicken or the egg?
HS recruiting rankings really only end up hurting the athletes.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Going to post again that Clarke is going to BC since big news
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:34 pm BC picks up their 3rd AA transfer. Clarke from UVA.
In my eyes BC just went from having an outside chance at Memorial Day weekend to a team with a strong chance to make the final 4 (when LoPinto was added) to a team that could very be back in the championship game (with Clarke). You never know what will actually happen, but BC is back in my top 5, if not top 2. They have arguably the 3 best attackers in the junior class. LoPinto & Davis low. Clarke & Martello up top. Smith & Weeks (did I hear Cassidy is coming back?. This team is loaded again.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Clarke def makes BC huge threat. Her and LoPinto could be the greatest 1-2 transfer coup in in W Lax history so far..The depth still isn't great but man that attack is potent. NW will be number one cause they are the champs but on paper it's really close between BC and UNC. UNC has more depth and is a little more balanced but BC has more potent scorers in Clarke and Lopinto
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:01 pm
Lax101 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:34 pm BC picks up their 3rd AA transfer. Clarke from UVA.
In my eyes BC just went from having an outside chance at Memorial Day weekend to a team with a strong chance to make the final 4 (when LoPinto was added) to a team that could very be back in the championship game (with Clarke). You never know what will actually happen, but BC is back in my top 5, if not top 2. They have arguably the 3 best attackers in the junior class. LoPinto & Davis low. Clarke & Martello up top. Smith & Weeks (did I hear Cassidy is coming back?. This team is loaded again.
Cass Weeks (coming back), Smith, Smith and Reynolds at middie Dont forget great 4 defenders - Scales, Roman, Bakes and AA Florida transfer - with Dolce in goal.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

WOW, :shock: AWW hitting the portal hard. Good for her.
Laxdad126

Post by Laxdad126 »

Are there no rules anymore that if you transfer in conference that you have to sit out a season?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:29 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:01 pm
Cass Weeks (coming back), Smith, Smith and Reynolds at middie Dont forget great 4 defenders - Scales, Roman, Bakes and AA Florida transfer - with Dolce in goal.
Is Schleicher coming back? Or Taglich? Sprinkle in some freshman and this team has depth
user1020

Post by user1020 »

NULax2 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:46 pm

WOW, :shock: AWW hitting the portal hard. Good for her.
Looks like she’s tired of being runner up
Dull Thud

Post by Dull Thud »

Wow - Rachel Clark. Quite a coup for Boston College. I guess this assures that the Hasselbeck sisters will never break into the starting lineup for the Eagles. Not intended to be snarky, but I guess I need to recognize the reality that there is next to no loyalty to rostered and committed incoming players. The reality is that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Dull Thud wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:19 pm Wow - Rachel Clark. Quite a coup for Boston College. I guess this assures that the Hasselbeck sisters will never break into the starting lineup for the Eagles. Not intended to be snarky, but I guess I need to recognize the reality that there is next to no loyalty to rostered and committed incoming players. The reality is that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Im sure Dad will be very vocal...
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

Senior goalie Georgia Hoey transferred from UConn to Florida. Landyn White recently announced she's doing a 6th year at UConn and with Georgia having seen little playing time the last 2 years as the backup, she seems to be seeking greener pastures.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”