The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:42 pm Some call it a 'cult' that has expanded with the growth in social media.
Dude you are on social media all the time. instatwatter, etc. what cult are you in? Third eye gang?
You, and quite a few others are in the LaxPower Cult. In rough numbers here are the posts per day:

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

For those of you that are married, do your wives need to make an appointment to see "Mr. Winky"?
:lol: As most know, post at work with Stills running....I'm making money and payin' taxes right now, as I type this.

I'm here to learn, my man. From folks with opposing views. This is healthy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:42 pm Some call it a 'cult' that has expanded with the growth in social media.
Dude you are on social media all the time. instatwatter, etc. what cult are you in? Third eye gang?
You, and quite a few others are in the LaxPower Cult. In rough numbers here are the posts per day:

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

For those of you that are married, do your wives need to make an appointment to see "Mr. Winky"?
Ahh the post count which typically comes from people that can’t handle much in their lives. It makes sense for you to bring this up. I see it in the regurgitation and lack of independent thought. How can folks run circles around you given your low post count, you must be doing so much more in life than others.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:12 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Ahh the post count which typically comes from people that can’t handle much in their lives. It makes sense for you to bring this up. I see it in the regurgitation and lack of independent thought. How can folks run circles around you given your low post count, you must be doing so much more in life than others.
Sitting by the pool with an IPA. Your independent thought comment is rich coming from the top cut and paste artist on the entire board. Too much blow at Snowbart?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Can you add TLD, i wanna see this numbers. 😂😂

If you add in FFG’s alias’ he likely surpasses everyone combined.

My wife, on occasion….”are you with your other family” or “I see you are with your other family” or “ ask your other family what is the deal with X” or “ so what is your other family saying about X”. It’s a great place to get immediate feedback on current events, and when you get crazy push back, you know you struck a nerve, which often means it’s engaging. I often see long quoted threads with my post as the leading cite…..and in the end we learn a bit.

Unless it’s TLD, who likes to say his friend just told him something exactly like this, or filter in a YouTube clip to steer the conversation his way, always followed by laughing emojis, and a slight attack so you respond and he can reaping again to keep his post count up.

Or maybe MDLAX with a 5000 word dissertation that really waffles and panders so much you have no clue where he stands, but in the end has some solid arguments that seem to make sense about a week later.

Or afan who loves to break out his surgical debate team tactics and try to flip it back on you with some binary twisted logic, but sure as hell will Force you to be prepared in your reply so long as you don’t get caught up in his multiple quotes of your post that prolong the debate until you cry uncle.

Or Old Salt who is probably polishing a bullet or a coin he still has from the Navy in 1973 while recalling some historical or media tidbit that only he would recall but sure as hell brings a strong argument to the table

Or FFG, who is either going to paste an entire news clip and all its advertising jargon, some deep end Econ finance jargon or cite from a music clip that is so obscure, and the fun one….he may even blow a gasket and cuss you out.

Or Brooklyn, the biggest teddy bear of them all, but puts on a big progressive hate the republicans schtick that you just have to chuckle and wonder if he’s on a sugar rush from another crème pie he just ate.

My wife is now telling me to tell my other family we have feed the dog and get dinner ready…..gotta go. 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:25 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Sitting by the pool with an IPA. Your independent thought comment is rich coming from the top cut and paste artist on the entire board. Too much blow at Snowbart?
The fact that you said “IPA” says it all….a poser.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:26 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

My wife, on occasion….”are you with your other family” or “I see you are with your other family” or “ ask your other family what is the deal with X” or “ so what is your other family saying about X”. It’s a great place to get immediate feedback on current events, and when you get crazy push back, you know you struck a nerve, which often means it’s engaging. I often see long quoted threads with my post as the leading cite…..and in the end we learn a bit.

Unless it’s TLD, who likes to say his friend just told him something exactly like this, or filter in a YouTube clip to steer the conversation his way, always followed by laughing emojis, and a slight attack so you respond and he can reaping again to keep his post count up.

Or maybe MDLAX with a 5000 word dissertation that really waffles and panders so much you have no clue where he stands, but in the end has some solid arguments that seem to make sense about a week later.

Or afan who loves to break out his surgical debate team tactics and try to flip it back on you with some binary twisted logic, but sure as hell will Force you to be prepared in your reply so long as you don’t get caught up in his multiple quotes of your post that prolong the debate until you cry uncle.

Or Old Salt who is probably polishing a bullet or a coin he still has from the Navy in 1973 while recalling some historical or media tidbit that only he would recall but sure as hell brings a strong argument to the table

Or FFG, who is either going to paste an entire news clip and all its advertising jargon, some deep end Econ finance jargon or cite from a music clip that is so obscure, and the fun one….he may even blow a gasket and cuss you out.

Or Brooklyn, the biggest teddy bear of them all, but puts on a big progressive hate the republicans schtick that you just have to chuckle and wonder if he’s on a sugar rush from another crème pie he just ate.

My wife is now telling me to tell my other family we have feed the dog and get dinner ready…..gotta go. 😂😂
:lol: fun review.
For the record, I'm glad to hear my posts have solid arguments that still make sense a week later. ;)

I agree with a fan, here to learn and with you, to get feedback on views.
And as much as I hate finding that I'm wrong about something, that's really helpful to the learning part...
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Very high. +1 more.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Back to the topic, there certainly may be some social contagion around gender dysphoria, especially among girls in adolescence (finding social approval gets super important), but that means that parents and medical folks still need to be sensitive about those feelings as legitimate, because, like other social contagions, so is suicide.

Whether those feelings persist as the specific child ages isn't going to be known until they do so...may or may not...but the feelings are nevertheless very much being experienced regardless.

Allowing the youngster to go through whatever gender and sexual attraction journey they wish, while feeling affirmed as loved individuals regardless of where they land, provides the healthiest path to a happy future and is most likely to avoid severe traumas, including suicide.

There's a thornier question, perhaps, about irreversible medical procedures.

But not providing empathy for the realities of the experience the child is going through...not ok.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

And Peter brown comes out. Lame.

The inability to distinguish actions is top shelf.

I just made dinner while dropping a few posts. Guess that is a challenge for your brain as a flunky.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:45 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

And I was going to let that go.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

And yet when I’m away for 6-8 weeks I can come back and you’re still dropping goofy links to Instagram and Twitter.

Social media has algorithms that feed information in a loop - I’m not sure some folks understand the difference between here and that.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

This should be the end of soccer teams and drag queens story time

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/us/frank ... index.html

(Adding to my post count)
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

I am almost 67 and have been drinking Sierra Nevada IPA since I was in my 30’s. Anchor Steam before that. Couldn’t fine my usual summer beer, Bells Oberon, so I settled for Jai Alai IPA from Tampa. Only a poseur would call someone a poser for drinking IPA.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:46 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

I am almost 67 and have been drinking Sierra Nevada IPA since I was in my 30’s. Anchor Steam before that. Couldn’t fine my usual summer beer, Bells Oberon, so I settled for Jai Alai IPA from Tampa. Only a poseur would call someone a poser for drinking IPA.
Could have easily said Sierra Nevada or Anchor Steam…..sounded like a poseur.

“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:25 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

I just made dinner while dropping a few posts. Guess that is a challenge for your brain as a flunky.
I have plenty of challenges in my life. Cooking isn't one of them. I have been in charge of the stove since the day I was married. Posting while cooking is probably too much for my brain, but then again I'm not making tacos from a kit.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:21 pm

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

I have plenty of challenges in my life. Cooking isn't one of them. I have been in charge of the stove since the day I was married. Posting while cooking is probably too much for my brain, but then again I'm not making tacos from a kit.
Guess I have you beat since I www cooking for myself and my mother since she got divorced. Who uses a taco kit? Wouldn’t even come into my consciousness. Sounds like a poseur in the kitchen as well.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:50 am

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Guess I have you beat since I www cooking for myself and my mother since she got divorced. Who uses a taco kit? Wouldn’t even come into my consciousness. Sounds like a poseur in the kitchen as well.
Who uses a taco kit?? Probably people too lazy to hit the drive thru at Taco Bell for some authentic Mexican food.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:08 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:50 am

youthathletics 6.9
a fan 8.5
FFG 10.6
Mdlaxfan76 12.7
get it to x 0.7

Who uses a taco kit?? Probably people too lazy to hit the drive thru at Taco Bell for some authentic Mexican food.
I haven’t walked inside a Taco Bell in years. Last one would probably be a KFC/TB combo on 5&20 in Geneva when my father was still alive. Could crush them for $20-$25 each between my best friend and I in college but that is trash food.

Making taco seasoning for meat is incredibly easy.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Just talking with a bar owner (has a small bar) said still no one drinking Bud at his place. Said his AB rep told him he was down $30k this year. Ouch, pretty serious business and it's all lasted more than sixteen minutes at this point. Pretty crazy.
Meanwhile, the judge showed up at the watering hole Monday (and Alicia was looking exceptionally nice in her tight black jeans...don't think I've ever seen her in jeans...and Rolling Stones t-shirt, an original from '81) but he wouldn't even look at me. Was there with some asz kissin' muckity-mucks, some sort of congratulatory gathering for someone who was promoted/elected/... I passed him and when we made eye contact he couldn't look away fast enough. Must be he never found that line the Indians couldn't come back across once they went over it in their lacrosse games way back in the day.

Return to “POLITICS”