Syracuse 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Njlaxx11

Re: Syracuse 2024

Post by Njlaxx11 »

not to further the speculation of who the next DC will be but i got a notification of this:

https://www.njschooljobs.com/job/lr4pt8 ... oradell/nj

:shock: :shock: :shock:

his IG bio also no longer says BC head coach....
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:36 am not to further the speculation of who the next DC will be but i got a notification of this:

Wasn't he just hired there?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

PulpExposure wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:48 am
Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:36 am not to further the speculation of who the next DC will be but i got a notification of this:

Wasn't he just hired there?
yeah, 2023 was his first year.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

^^
FWIW this happened before the Petro move.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

EasyRider wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:57 am ^^
FWIW this happened before the Petro move.
He had BC Coach in his IG bio this morning when his name was first mentioned in the thread. 8-)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Finlay Thomson with the Ontario box league OJLL scoring title, beating out Willem Firth and Koleton Marquis as well as Joe Spallina - averaging just under 7 points a game.

https://www.ontariojuniorlacrosse.com/p ... lar-season

Thomson’s box team has the 3 seed in the upcoming playoffs to see who makes it to the Minto Cup finals.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:33 am Finlay Thomson with the Ontario box league OJLL scoring title, beating out Willem Firth and Koleton Marquis as well as Joe Spallina - averaging just under 7 points a game.

Thomson’s box team has the 3 seed in the upcoming playoffs to see who makes it to the Minto Cup finals.
Ugghh Matthews
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:41 am
10stone5 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:33 am Finlay Thomson with the Ontario box league OJLL scoring title, beating out Willem Firth and Koleton Marquis as well as Joe Spallina - averaging just under 7 points a game.

Ugghh Matthews
Yes
I’m guessing several schools went after Liam Matthews, maybe even Syracuse since Matthews played with Trey Deere and now with Spallina.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

As of right now, it's just a rumor and I am not a cuse fan/nor a Ric B fan. But, genuine question... Any Cuse fans actually want RB to be the new DC?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not this one.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:45 amNot this one.
Not this one either.

I'm guessing the main reason Petro is at UNC now is to be with his sons. It's been mentioned here and elsewhere on the web that Petro's sideline demeanor doesn't match that of Gait or March and that might've been an issue. I believe that. It seems like it's important to Gait that the coaches are calm on the sidelines, because that's how he is. The Syracuse women's coach is also very calm and I think she played for Gait. I can't imagine that Gait would want Ric Beardsley as an assistant coach given his sideline demeanor (or at least what I've heard is his sideline demeanor).
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:36 am As of right now, it's just a rumor and I am not a cuse fan/nor a Ric B fan. But, genuine question... Any Cuse fans actually want RB to be the new DC?
There's no rumor, the local media did a big article saying how Ric wants the job and interviewed him. He's not under consideration for the position at all.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:56 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:36 am As of right now, it's just a rumor and I am not a cuse fan/nor a Ric B fan. But, genuine question... Any Cuse fans actually want RB to be the new DC?
There's no rumor, the local media did a big article saying how Ric wants the job and interviewed him. He's not under consideration for the position at all.
Rumors don't have to be true. Just have to be circulating. Anyways, I just wanted to see if Cuse fans would even want him as a DC.

You seem in-the-know, who have you heard as candidates?
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:05 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:56 am
Rumors don't have to be true. Just have to be circulating. Anyways, I just wanted to see if Cuse fans would even want him as a DC.

You seem in-the-know, who have you heard as candidates?
SU is casting a wide net, there has been a few articles with multiple names and those seem to be fairly accurate. Some of the prior names were longshots ie Galloway, Amplo etc but guys like Unterstein, Crane, Stevens, and a few others seem to be in play.
lilax

Post by lilax »

Hiring RB would be like when Galloway hired CP as his O Coordinator at Jacksonville.

That one didn’t particularly work out well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:51 am
Not this one either.

I'm guessing the main reason Petro is at UNC now is to be with his sons. It's been mentioned here and elsewhere on the web that Petro's sideline demeanor doesn't match that of Gait or March and that might've been an issue. I believe that. It seems like it's important to Gait that the coaches are calm on the sidelines, because that's how he is. The Syracuse women's coach is also very calm and I think she played for Gait. I can't imagine that Gait would want Ric Beardsley as an assistant coach given his sideline demeanor (or at least what I've heard is his sideline demeanor).
Not to mention the obnoxious narcissist is a huge pain in the asz who can't talk about himself enough. Not surprising we don't see him in the booth broadcasting games anymore. For you gamblers out there put your money on RB not even being considered for the position. His buddy Brent Axe (another huge aszwhole) just stirred the pot with the article he wrote.
I'd bet 100% of the reason DP went to UNC is because of his boys and I can't say as I blame him one bit for that. He's definitely hot on the sideline but you've got to figure Gary knew that when he asked him to join him. My guess would be his sideline demeanor really doesn't have anything to do with his leaving. JMHO.
Yes, Kayla played for Gary and can't say enough good things about the experience and how grateful she is for having had the opportunity to play for him. Gary was pretty laid back as the wlax coach as well (and very successful in turning that program around from a not so threating team to one that was an annual FF team and national title contender). Gary has always been a pretty laid back kind of guy, just the way he is.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:25 am
Not this one either.

Not to mention the obnoxious narcissist is a huge pain in the asz who can't talk about himself enough. Not surprising we don't see him in the booth broadcasting games anymore. For you gamblers out there put your money on RB not even being considered for the position. His buddy Brent Axe (another huge aszwhole) just stirred the pot with the article he wrote.
from what i've heard - 2nd hand - is that RB quit at BC. don't think the school/parents liked his character. i've also heard (2nd hand again) that RB has spoken to Gait but doesn't seem like the job is going to be his.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Not this one either.

I'd bet 100% of the reason DP went to UNC is because of his boys and I can't say as I blame him one bit for that. He's definitely hot on the sideline but you've got to figure Gary knew that when he asked him to join him. My guess would be his sideline demeanor really doesn't have anything to do with his leaving. JMHO.
Yes, Kayla played for Gary and can't say enough good things about the experience and how grateful she is for having had the opportunity to play for him. Gary was pretty laid back as the wlax coach as well (and very successful in turning that program around from a not so threating team to one that was an annual FF team and national title contender). Gary has always been a pretty laid back kind of guy, just the way he is.
agreed. i couple random people have theorized their conflicting personalities were either a problem or not gg's cup of tea in an asst. there's exactly no evidence of that i can tell, and all of it is actually to the contrary.

that said, i give "beardsley's in the mix" less than zero chance.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Dave Pietramala and Gary Gait knew each other for over 30 years before Gait hired Petro as his DC. I’m confident they got along fine.

This seems like a family move with an irreplaceable opportunity to spend more time with his sons during an important time in their lives.

Sometimes, the lacrosse comes second, although the DC job at UNC is a pretty good one.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:46 am
Not this one either.

agreed. i couple random people have theorized their conflicting personalities were either a problem or not gg's cup of tea in an asst. there's exactly no evidence of that i can tell, and all of it is actually to the contrary.

that said, i give "beardsley's in the mix" less than zero chance.
I guess you are on the outside

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”