Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan999

Re: Transfer portal

Post by laxfan999 »

Ncaa treats it like a redshirt year but they also usually look at it poorly if you need a medical redshirt. Football players sometime have issues getting a redshirt if they voluntarily took one.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Relax77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:01 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:26 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:18 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:06 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:34 pm
NULax2 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:12 pm Chepenik to USF

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... th-florida
interesting...
Congrats to her but she's not exactly the best lax player out there..crazy amount of money for an average player
USF already playing up to the father on Instagram.
Chepnik to USF old news.

Chepnik is nightmare - her dad is the ring leader. (Just reread the bottom of the article if you think otherwise).

2024 is a "Bonus Year" where the athletes are on campus but not competing at D1 level so it doesn't count against their eligibility. Many new programs have this "Bonus Year".
Oregon to Clemson to USF...and only played 1 year
Yes i know but I was surprised to see USF cheerleading the father. She’ll be out of there by her senior year.
he opened the check book for a "generous" donation
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

I’m fairness, she never went to Oregon - just committed.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:38 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:01 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:47 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:26 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:18 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:06 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:34 pm
NULax2 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:12 pm Chepenik to USF

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... th-florida
interesting...
Congrats to her but she's not exactly the best lax player out there..crazy amount of money for an average player
USF already playing up to the father on Instagram.
Chepnik to USF old news.

Chepnik is nightmare - her dad is the ring leader. (Just reread the bottom of the article if you think otherwise).

2024 is a "Bonus Year" where the athletes are on campus but not competing at D1 level so it doesn't count against their eligibility. Many new programs have this "Bonus Year".
Oregon to Clemson to USF...and only played 1 year
Yes i know but I was surprised to see USF cheerleading the father. She’ll be out of there by her senior year.
he opened the check book for a "generous" donation
Guy looks like a shady shady dude.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

USA Lacrosse put out their training list for the U20 team and it has LoPinto listed as a BC player. Guess it's finally out there.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

jff97 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:43 pm USA Lacrosse put out their training list for the U20 team and it has LoPinto listed as a BC player. Guess it's finally out there.

Is LoPinto RING CHASING? If you don't think so(or know so), tell me why?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:56 pm
jff97 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:43 pm USA Lacrosse put out their training list for the U20 team and it has LoPinto listed as a BC player. Guess it's finally out there.

the term ring chasing is a bit over used. She was unhappy at Florida for reasons only she knows, and sought another program that gave her a better chance at winning a ring than Florida did. That's not ring chasing, as there were multiple programs that gave her a better shot at winning than Florida did. She felt BC gave her that along with other factors about the school itself that matched what she was looking for. Being a star player and going to an already super stacked team who are heavy favorites in your final year of eligibility has a better claim of ring chasing than LoPinto's move.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Has anybody except UMD transferred in a 1st team all American? Haven’t been keeping up.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 am Has anybody except UMD transferred in a 1st team all American? Haven’t been keeping up.
Your post makes it seem like ball will be the most impactful transfer because she was “first team AA”. Who cares. Maryland got two defenders as good as ball last season and they were not difference makers.
On the other hand, aurora cordingly was “just” a third team iwcla as her last year at hop….and then proceeded to be the best player on the Maryland team she joined by far…

Maryland need a lot of things. Ball is a nice addition, but that’s it…. Said differently, if you could have either lopinto or ball at Maryland, would you really choose ball????!
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:16 pm
Lopinto also visited Northwestern. If she was purely ring chasing, she would have joined the reigning National Champs who are favored to win again.

the term ring chasing is a bit over used. She was unhappy at Florida for reasons only she knows, and sought another program that gave her a better chance at winning a ring than Florida did. That's not ring chasing, as there were multiple programs that gave her a better shot at winning than Florida did. She felt BC gave her that along with other factors about the school itself that matched what she was looking for. Being a star player and going to an already super stacked team who are heavy favorites in your final year of eligibility has a better claim of ring chasing than LoPinto's move.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:19 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 am Has anybody except UMD transferred in a 1st team all American? Haven’t been keeping up.
Your post makes it seem like ball will be the most impactful transfer because she was “first team AA”. Who cares. Maryland got two defenders as good as ball last season and they were not difference makers.
On the other hand, aurora cordingly was “just” a third team iwcla as her last year at hop….and then proceeded to be the best player on the Maryland team she joined by far…

Maryland need a lot of things. Ball is a nice addition, but that’s it…. Said differently, if you could have either lopinto or ball at Maryland, would you really choose ball????!
Ball is one of the most dominant defenders I have ever seen. She has elite size, speed, and skills. I take her all day.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:16 pm

No knowledge whatsoever of this specific situation but AWW has a recent example of taking a player with elite skills from a "bad match" program and providing the environment for them to win a natty and the Tewaaraton. Pretty potent weapon in the recruiting arsenal.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dasher wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:02 pm

Ball is one of the most dominant defenders I have ever seen. She has elite size, speed, and skills. I take her all day.
Don't want to speak for Womenslaxxfan, but think the point was that MD is losing 3 starters on defense. 2 of which, Bosco and Donovan, are all-americans. Yes, Ball is great, but she's basically just partially replacing what they lost on defense. Defense wasn't the issue with MD last year. and LoPinto would have given them something they didn't have. Not to mention the fact that Essex is just an annoying poster, and that's coming from a fan of MD lacrosse.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:10 pm

Don't want to speak for Womenslaxxfan, but think the point was that MD is losing 3 starters on defense. 2 of which, Bosco and Donovan, are all-americans. Yes, Ball is great, but she's basically just partially replacing what they lost on defense. Defense wasn't the issue with MD last year. and LoPinto would have given them something they didn't have. Not to mention the fact that Essex is just an annoying poster, and that's coming from a fan of MD lacrosse.
Donovan is a former AA from her time at Princeton, not this year. And I do think defense was an issue for the Terps this season. Ball is exceptional, but she can't do it all herself. Major showed flashes of potential, but the unit has a long way to go developmentally, IMHO.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

That's great and all, but Maryland needs someone of Ball's defensive caliber for their offense.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

ultravisitor wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:30 pm

That's great and all, but Maryland needs someone of Ball's defensive caliber for their offense.
I wondered all last season was Marge Donovan did not shine with the Terps. Bosco excelled as a Terp and in their system, but Donovan did not. Does anyone know why?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

My point is twofold: (1) that a defensive transfer is far less likely than a comparable offensive one to have a trajectory altering impact on a team. (2). Essex implication that md getting a first team aa transfer vs a third or second team was nonsense.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:11 pm

My point is twofold: (1) that a defensive transfer is far less likely than a comparable offensive one to have a trajectory altering impact on a team. (2). Essex implication that md getting a first team aa transfer vs a third or second team was nonsense.

I thought 1st team AA is more prestigious than lower teams. But I was just asking if any other teams have transferred in a first teamer other than UMD because I haven’t been keeping up with it.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:24 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:11 pm

I thought 1st team AA is more prestigious than lower teams. But I was just asking if any other teams have transferred in a first teamer other than UMD because I haven’t been keeping up with it.
Well, you've been keeping up with a bit since you had to look through all 3 AA lists to find the one that had Ball on the first team considering the other 2 did not.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

So no.

No other team except UMD has brought in a first team AA transfer.

Way to go for the flag trimmed ladies of lacrosse royalty !!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”