The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:11 pm So what you are saying is that if you are old, went or taught at JHU, you should be erased from affiliation......b/c well, you just clearly haven't learned anything. Sheesh....you guys love eating your own. :lol:
... stop grinding your axe. :roll: The guy was retired to an honorary position. Pretty standard stuff in such situations across all of academia.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:31 pm Perfect, now we have set the ground work that anything from the mouth of a person of Faith is just BS, regardless of their education and place of, choice of career, body of work, really anything i'd suppose. So moving forward, are you sure you want to die on that hill? if so, that will greatly undermine anything further you say hereafter. 8-)
No. What I'm telling you is that if you want to peg this to a coincidence and a footnote, you're welcome to do that. Go right ahead. I didn't stop at "oh, he's a Catholic". I dug further.

Agree to disagree that he's letting his faith steer his professional work. This is a man who called homosexuality an "erroneous desire" in the 2000's. Sorry man, that isn't the words of an objective professional, looking to help people. That's a religious zealot judging others. Hard pass.
... that is what his colleagues said, they were just more politically correct.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For those who want the truth about sex and gender and religion.

What the ancient rabbis knew.

Buddhism from earliest times recognized 4 genders, male, female, hermaphrodite, and trans-feminine (men who behave like women)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:44 pm For those who want the truth about sex and gender and religion.

Buddhism from earliest times recognized 4 genders, male, female, hermaphrodite, and trans-feminine (men who behave like women)
:lol: :lol: All of a sudden you want to cite scripture. I love it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Washington State: The legislature passed SB 5599, which allows the state to harbor runaway children and provide medicalized gender treatments without their parents’ knowledge or consent.

https://apnews.com/article/washington-m ... e90ab6f8c0

https://www.reject5599.com/

In the end, what bothers me about all this, is that consent is being minimized, which sets up all sorts of legal chaos and precedent.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:44 pm For those who want the truth about sex and gender and religion.

:lol: :lol: All of a sudden you want to cite scripture. I love it.
What is funnier is you citing it.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:29 pm Washington State: The legislature passed SB 5599, which allows the state to harbor runaway children and provide medicalized gender treatments without their parents’ knowledge or consent.

In the end, what bothers me about all this, is that consent is being minimized, which sets up all sorts of legal chaos and precedent.
The first article was interesting.
Apparently the right wing anti-trans folks felt the need to lie about the provisions of the bill?

Indeed, the second link implies the lie.

Those who are receiving medical care provide "consent" for themselves.
But only for those who are no longer in the care of parents. Parents who lose the trust of their children, who abuse or reject them, lose the opportunity to "consent". Don't lose the trust of your children if you want to remain part of their lives.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:29 pm Washington State: The legislature passed SB 5599, which allows the state to harbor runaway children and provide medicalized gender treatments without their parents’ knowledge or consent.

Apparently the right wing anti-trans folks felt the need to lie about the provisions of the bill?

But only for those who are no longer in the care of parents. Parents who lose the trust of their children, who abuse or reject them, lose the opportunity to "consent". Don't lose the trust of your children if you want to remain part of their lives.
there are plenty not under parents care, and have no clue where their family may be. I am concerned about underaged deviancy from adults who claim there was consent….. call it ‘consent creep’.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:21 pm

there are plenty not under parents care, and have no clue where their family may be. I am concerned about underaged deviancy from adults who claim there was consent….. call it ‘consent creep’.
I don't understand.
By "plenty...have no clue where their family may be"?
How does that happen???

Do you mean the kid ran away, was kicked out, and the family then moved??
Or something else?

And what do you mean by "underaged deviancy from adults who claim there was consent"...??

And what is "consent creep"?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:21 pmthere are plenty not under parents care, and have no clue where their family may be. I am concerned about underaged deviancy from adults who claim there was consent….. call it ‘consent creep’.
It may happen but the chances are probably like getting struck by lightning. Even with people sifting through stories with a fine tooth comb, there are very few stories of this. Like two or three this year?

I imagine lgbt kids getting abused by their parents and other adults in various forms is much, much more common.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:26 pm

I don't understand.
How does that happen???

Or something else?

And what do you mean by "underaged deviancy from adults who claim there was consent"...??

Child trafficking…..can answer most all of this questions. And if an adult has sex with an underaged kid, and the consent age is lowered for other issues such as the the original post, then it can be ‘legally’ argued that consent from a child would allow a grown person to walk away without recourse.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:35 pm

I don't understand.
How does that happen???

Or something else?

Child trafficking…..can answer most all of this questions. And if an adult has sex with an underaged kid, and the consent age is lowered for other issues such as the the original post, then it can be ‘legally’ argued that consent from a child would allow a grown person to walk away without recourse.
ahh, ok on the "consent creep"...yes, that would NOT be ok. But consent to receive medical care is way, way different, don'tcha think?

Child trafficking...so, the kid is still under the thumb of the child traffickers? Or are they now in the care of the government and could if they so desired look for their parents? Or do you mean these are kids from other countries trafficked to the US?

How many kids do you think this is who are looking to transition or other gender affirming care? "plenty"?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:35 pm

I don't understand.
How does that happen???

Or something else?

ahh, ok on the "consent creep"...yes, that would NOT be ok. But consent to receive medical care is way, way different, don'tcha think?

Child trafficking...so, the kid is still under the thumb of the child traffickers? Or are they now in the care of the government and could if they so desired look for their parents? Or do you mean these are kids from other countries trafficked to the US?

How many kids do you think this is who are looking to transition or other gender affirming care? "plenty"?
no fuss on the medical / mental care. I am far more concerned about age of ‘consent’ as a whole….where we both acknowledge would NOT be ok.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:31 pm Perfect, now we have set the ground work that anything from the mouth of a person of Faith is just BS, regardless of their education and place of, choice of career, body of work, really anything i'd suppose. So moving forward, are you sure you want to die on that hill? if so, that will greatly undermine anything further you say hereafter. 8-)
No. What I'm telling you is that if you want to peg this to a coincidence and a footnote, you're welcome to do that. Go right ahead. I didn't stop at "oh, he's a Catholic". I dug further.

Agree to disagree that he's letting his faith steer his professional work. This is a man who called homosexuality an "erroneous desire" in the 2000's. Sorry man, those aren't the words of an objective professional, looking to help people. That's a religious zealot judging others. Hard pass.
there you guys go again.....talking about the current POTUSA.

"....marriage, IS between a man and a woman..."

Hard pass on anyone.......that gives Biden a pass on his history of hate towards the homosexuals.

Because.....ONLY......folks that have afan's "lil d" in front of their names can do no wrong. Only, THEY....can adapt.

Wanting to make love to another human, no matter which sex, IS the same as wanting to cut your dick and ball off.

Yeah, the exact same. :roll:

You folks following the nut jobs , men, who are "breastfeeding" their babies ? All those drugs, to get the males lactating. Oh....and lets forget about all the other stuff these whackjobs are taking.

Pills or sleeping ? Anxiety ? Depression? Sure, feed those to the baby.

It IS about you....all about YOU, the trans freaks. Not the baby's health.

2008......no one running for POTUSA was in favor of same sex marriage. Not Edwards. Not Obama. Not Clinton. Not Kerry (although, like Kerry lying about NOT supporting the Iraq and Bush's killing war....what a bunch of revisionists )

Hate....directed......Joe Biden still goes to Katholic church ? What a POS
Last edited by runrussellrun on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:35 am

Agree to disagree that he's letting his faith steer his professional work. This is a man who called homosexuality an "erroneous desire" in the 2000's. Sorry man, those aren't the words of an objective professional, looking to help people. That's a religious zealot judging others. Hard pass.

Hard pass on anyone.......that gives Biden a pass on his history of hate towards the homosexuals.

Because.....ONLY......folks that have afan's "lil d" in front of their names can do no wrong. Only, THEY....can adapt.

Wanting to make love to another human, no matter which sex, IS the same as wanting to cut your dick and ball off.

You folks following the nut jobs , men, who are "breastfeeding" their babies ? All those drugs, to get the males lactating. Oh....and lets forget about all the other stuff these whackjobs are taking.

2008......no one running for POTUSA was in favor of same sex marriage. Not Edwards. Not Obama. Not Clinton. Not Kerry (although, like Kerry lying about NOT supporting the Iraq and Bush's killing war....what a bunch of revisionists )

Back to pick a fight again, are we? Cool.

And of course, you only want to pick a fight with anyone you think isn't conservative. Because pickin' on them libs is edgy and cool for TeamTinFoil.

Do you get a Tshirt for using Substack? Coffee mug? Sweet key fob?

Motto for Substack: "we're media that's owned by different 1%ers, which make us truth-ier than media owned by a different set of 1%ers".
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

https://www.thefp.com/p/trans-activists ... ific-paper

Interesting how censorship is used to put down any contrary ideas. The paper in question was about Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria, which presented mainly (75%) in adolescent girls who had not previously shown any gender identity issues. The inference is that many of these were not clinical cases of gender dysphoria but that gender identity was a diagnosis used to explain a general unhappiness and that girls were steered in that direction. In addition, many parents felt pressured to permit surgical and/or hormonal treatment. Trans activists had the publisher retract the paper.

The paper went to great lengths to show the limitations of it's own study, but it appears any deviation from the progressive stance of medical intervention will be shut down and it's authors publicly shamed.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:48 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:35 am

Back to pick a fight again, are we? Cool.

And of course, you only want to pick a fight with anyone you think isn't conservative. Because pickin' on them libs is edgy and cool for TeamTinFoil.

Do you get a Tshirt for using Substack? Coffee mug? Sweet key fob?

Motto for Substack: "we're media that's owned by different 1%ers, which make us truth-ier than media owned by a different set of 1%ers".
Not all substack is bad, my friend writes this blog or whatever it’s called on that platform and does a solid job. (Think he’s fairly entrenched in the right side of things, Princeton guys in the south like him you have to look out for, I’ve met like a dozen that all have slicked back hair and present like Bill Paxton in Two Guns without the mustache)

https://fivepoint.substack.com/
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:11 am https://www.thefp.com/p/trans-activists ... ific-paper

Interesting how censorship is used to put down any contrary ideas. The paper in question was about Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria, which presented mainly (75%) in adolescent girls who had not previously shown any gender identity issues. The inference is that many of these were not clinical cases of gender dysphoria but that gender identity was a diagnosis used to explain a general unhappiness and that girls were steered in that direction. In addition, many parents felt pressured to permit surgical and/or hormonal treatment. Trans activists had the publisher retract the paper.

The paper went to great lengths to show the limitations of it's own study, but it appears any deviation from the progressive stance of medical intervention will be shut down and it's authors publicly shamed.
Medical professionals have this issue same as any domain knowledge expert:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6060929/

Less technical definition

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iatrogenesis

I’m curious though when and why you decided to read the study you cite. Or if you did read it or just regurgitating a story about the report that was generated by others.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:44 am
get it to x wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:11 am https://www.thefp.com/p/trans-activists ... ific-paper

Medical professionals have this issue same as any Romanian knowledge expert:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6060929/

Less technical definition

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iatrogenesis

I’m curious though when and why you decided to read the study you cite. Or if you did read it or just regurgitating a story about the report that was generated by others.
Are you inferring that I have some hidden motive in citing the story? it was linked in a story about the censorship of the study. Who cares where and why I read it unless it is your wish to discredit me, the author or both. I posted this to posit that many of these late developing cases are the result of societal influences and progressive medical professionals who sometimes have a financial motive in addition to their clinical viewpoint. There is potential long term harm in steering adolescents into irreversible medical procedures. Knowingly doing this violates the principle of “first, do no harm “.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”