The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

He was probably a trans man. Mind blowing to think they actually exist to some people.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd figure the same percent (pretty much) of the population was intersex in the 1700s as it is today (and always has been) so yeah, a good chance he was a trans man.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What about in France?

https://youtu.be/s4uvLXCUhVg
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
NattyBohChamps04

Marjorie Taylor Greene leads far-right voices falsely claiming Philadelphia shooter is trans

So the media magnifying a lot of the situations. But we must not forget the significant number of right wing politicians really ramping up the hate and divisive rhetoric the past year or two.

Stochastic terrorism.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

From my experience dating back to 1970s, it seems that all the LGBTQ haters in my area were uncomfortable with their own sexuality.

The worst offenders (the dopes that drove Christopher St and its area smacking folk with baseball bats as they drove by) wound up dead within 15 years by suicide or Aids taking part homosexual activity. Very bizarre phenomenon.

My grand aunt and uncle were in the fashion industry, so I was never uncomfortable in the least around those of a different persuasion from the time I was a toddler; and I never was faced with grooming or advances from any of their industry pals when attending their holiday or summer house parties.
The parent, not the coach.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Jim Malone wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:29 pm From my experience dating back to 1970s, it seems that all the LGBTQ haters in my area were uncomfortable with their own sexuality.

The worst offenders (the dopes that drove Christopher St and its area smacking folk with baseball bats as they drove by) wound up dead within 15 years by suicide or Aids taking part homosexual activity. Very bizarre phenomenon.

My grand aunt and uncle were in the fashion industry, so I was never uncomfortable in the least around those of a different persuasion from the time I was a toddler; and I never was faced with grooming or advances from any of their industry pals when attending their holiday or summer house parties.
One of my mother’s best friends since elementary school was a gay guy. He was a friend of my mom, my aunt and five uncles. Nobody cared. He had a constant five o’clock shadow and a deep voice. He died of aids back in the early days of the disease.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan

Post by a fan »

Jim Malone wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:29 pm From my experience dating back to 1970s, it seems that all the LGBTQ haters in my area were uncomfortable with their own sexuality.

That's 100% what I think it is. Because: why else would anyone with a life to live spend even ten seconds worrying/thinking about what other people that they'll never meet do in the privacy of their own homes? It's the only possible explanation.

That, and churches that don't know which end of the Bible is up. That part, thankfully, is disappearing quickly. WWJD.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:15 pm

That's 100% what I think it is. Because: why else would anyone with a life to live spend even ten seconds worrying/thinking about what other people that they'll never meet do in the privacy of their own homes? It's the only possible explanation.

That, and churches that don't know which end of the Bible is up. That part, thankfully, is disappearing quickly. WWJD.
Interesting perspective. Another take, is not much different than what we see in racism, lunatic fringe religious groups.....when children are raised poorly. Remember, we are not born with theses prejudices.....'more is caught, than taught'.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:12 pm Not surprised by this.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coupl ... 6cc2&ei=12
Yep, it's unfortunately too common for kids to hide their sexual and gender identities from their parents out of fear (this one for 6 months). Not a great environment at home.

I hope the kid is ok. Too many people ignore the kids and they end up as in fodder in the culture wars.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Not surprised by this link from that article either:
https://cafemom.com/news/florida-school ... biological
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yep, they have secret Keith Harring collections hidden in their houses. And the baseball furies, those cats wore makeup!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:28 pm
Yep, it's unfortunately too common for kids to hide their sexual and gender identities from their parents out of fear (this one for 6 months). Not a great environment at home.

I hope the kid is ok. Too many people ignore the kids and they end up as in fodder in the culture wars.
:lol: :lol: :oops: Says the guy complaining that 23 kids are freed from slavery of another, and whining because the guy that spearheaded and freed them did not do more.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:34 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :oops: Says the guy complaining that 23 kids are freed from slavery of another, and whining because the guy that spearheaded and freed them did not do more.
I hope those kids are ok. You and that dude don't seem to care if they ended right back where they started a week later.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Long time, peer reviewed JHU Psychiatrist: Transgender is a mental disorder https://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/scpsva/B ... eaver).pdf

Leading US psychiatrist describes transgender medicine as “folly”: https://bioedge.org/enhancement/eugenic ... -as-folly/

Is Transgenderism a 'Cult' ?
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:34 am Long time, peer reviewed JHU Psychiatrist: Transgender is a mental disorder https://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/scpsva/B ... eaver).pdf

Leading US psychiatrist describes transgender medicine as “folly”: https://bioedge.org/enhancement/eugenic ... -as-folly/

Now why do you suppose that I knew to immediately google "Paul McHugh" (the Hopkins guy making these claims) with the word "Christian", YA?

Wanna take a wild guess as to this man's religious views? His opinion on this matter, sorry to say, is utterly worthless.

You'd do just as well to ask Victor D Hanson if Biden and his little D is "doing it wrong"?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:34 am Long time, peer reviewed JHU Psychiatrist: Transgender is a mental disorder https://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/scpsva/B ... eaver).pdf

Now why do you suppose that I knew to immediately google "Paul McHugh" (the Hopkins guy making these claims) with the word "Christian", YA?

Wanna take a wild guess as to this man's religious views? His opinion on this matter, sorry to say, is utterly worthless.

You'd do just as well to ask Victor D Hanson if Biden and his little D is "doing it wrong"?
Perfect, now we have set the ground work that anything from the mouth of a person of Faith is just BS, regardless of their education and place of, choice of career, body of work, really anything i'd suppose. So moving forward, are you sure you want to die on that hill? if so, that will greatly undermine anything further you say hereafter. 8-)
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Paul Rodney McHugh (born May 21, 1931) is an American psychiatrist, researcher, and educator. He is currently the University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine[1] and the author, co-author, or editor of seven books in his field. McHugh is a vocal proponent of Catholic-informed and socially conservative stances relating to sexual orientation and transgender people. Several Johns Hopkins staffers and geneticists Dean Hammer accused McHugh of misrepresenting scientific research relating to sexual orientation.[2][3]

... you can check it out in his Wikipedia entry.

The folks at Hopkins think his best work is well behind him at 92 years old.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

So what you are saying is that if you are old, went or taught at JHU, you should be erased from affiliation......b/c well, you just clearly haven't learned anything. Sheesh....you guys love eating your own. :lol:
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:31 pm Perfect, now we have set the ground work that anything from the mouth of a person of Faith is just BS, regardless of their education and place of, choice of career, body of work, really anything i'd suppose. So moving forward, are you sure you want to die on that hill? if so, that will greatly undermine anything further you say hereafter. 8-)
No. What I'm telling you is that if you want to peg this to a coincidence and a footnote, you're welcome to do that. Go right ahead. I didn't stop at "oh, he's a Catholic". I dug further.

Agree to disagree that he's letting his faith steer his professional work. This is a man who called homosexuality an "erroneous desire" in the 2000's. Sorry man, those aren't the words of an objective professional, looking to help people. That's a religious zealot judging others. Hard pass.
Last edited by a fan on Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”