Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Leonard Washington

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by Leonard Washington »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:51 pm I have never heard of them before you posted this - they are not either NAIA or NCAA...
Not sure if the rumor is true but they may be going Division II
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
seventy7

Post by seventy7 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:37 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:06 am I imagine Northwood is struggling financially and are following the typical D2 structure- heads in beds! If we're actually good at lacrosse, that's just a plus.
That is a theme that is running rampant across Division II and Division III
Heard some rumblings Northwood actually offered solid starting salary and scholarship plan. Emory & Henry more confusing with no movement on coaching staff with plans of first season in the SAC spring of 2024.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:43 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:51 pm I have never heard of them before you posted this - they are not either NAIA or NCAA...
Not sure if the rumor is true but they may be going Division II
They are USCAA d2, I’ve heard rumors of FTC eventually going D3 Skyline Conference.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Coach-S

Post by Coach-S »

Season is finally over and soon new the new Coaching Carousel will begin.

Young Harris lost there new AC at the end of the year and just hired a new one (Scoba). Looks like Scoba had previously been at Oberlin and most recently 2020/2021 at Saint Leo's. Not sure if he took a hiatus or just wanted back in somewhere. Anyway, going from SL's to YH is head-scatching to me...usually you want to go up in your next coaching gig, right?

-S
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Coach-S wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:45 pm Season is finally over and soon new the new Coaching Carousel will begin.

Young Harris lost there new AC at the end of the year and just hired a new one (Scoba). Looks like Scoba had previously been at Oberlin and most recently 2020/2021 at Saint Leo's. Not sure if he took a hiatus or just wanted back in somewhere. Anyway, going from SL's to YH is head-scatching to me...usually you want to go up in your next coaching gig, right?

-S
I’m pretty sure Scoba and Geldhart Coached together at Oberlin. It would make sense for Geldhart to want to bring in someone trusted to really help him get the program off in the right direction..
Coach-S

Post by Coach-S »

"..get the program off in the right direction..?? Geldart has already had one year and this program is still on life support. It's going to take a seasoned Coach(s) with an inordinate amount of experience to right that ship. Not to mention that the AD is not very supportive of the MLAX team and would like nothing better than to disband it. My two cents.

There's also recruiting to consider and it's a very hard sell to get good to great talent from the hotbeds and have them come down to the beautiful mountains of northern Georgia in the middle of nowhere to play ball. This could be a make or break season.

-S
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

Coach-S wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:28 pm "..get the program off in the right direction..?? Geldart has already had one year and this program is still on life support. It's going to take a seasoned Coach(s) with an inordinate amount of experience to right that ship. Not to mention that the AD is not very supportive of the MLAX team and would like nothing better than to disband it. My two cents.

There's also recruiting to consider and it's a very hard sell to get good to great talent from the hotbeds and have them come down to the beautiful mountains of northern Georgia in the middle of nowhere to play ball. This could be a make or break season.

-S
One whole year?!?!? The HORROR
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

NCLax14 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:22 pm
Coach-S wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:28 pm "..get the program off in the right direction..?? Geldart has already had one year and this program is still on life support. It's going to take a seasoned Coach(s) with an inordinate amount of experience to right that ship. Not to mention that the AD is not very supportive of the MLAX team and would like nothing better than to disband it. My two cents.

-S
One whole year?!?!? The HORROR
Yeah I also don’t agree with this. Geldhart got the position Aug 1st. I’m the college Coaching world that’s not even a year. He has zero recruiting influence literally coached this year on whatever was left and whatever schedule was left by the previous Coach. He also inherited his coaching staff whatever that may have looked like.. I would say going 3-13 and close Games vs Mars hill LMU and even Flagler and even tho the outcome doesn’t show it other games were competitive games is good sign. It shows that giving Geldhart a couple classes and time and now a staff that he has a relationship with, those are huge positives that should have any D2 fan saying Young Harris is going in the right direction and is far from life support.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Per Jastrzembski

“Finally, on the head coach situation at Queens: Expecting it to be a head coach from a current Division II school. Couple of names being floated around as we speak.”

Anyone with any ideas on who could be in the mix for this Job?
I’d have to think Coach P’s situation at LR is way better then what Queens has to offer.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:48 pm Per Jastrzembski

“Finally, on the head coach situation at Queens: Expecting it to be a head coach from a current Division II school. Couple of names being floated around as we speak.”

I’d have to think Coach P’s situation at LR is way better then what Queens has to offer.
Coach P would be a huge score, but now that I see it’s a d2 coach, maybe Boyle??
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Coach P would be a huge score, but now that I see it’s a d2 coach, maybe Boyle??
Boyle would be a big get! I think he’s in a similar situation Paradine. Great facilities, strong support I think he pretty happy at Wingate.. but wouldn’t shock me. Stocks is another name I wouldn’t be surprised by.. he was in the mix for Limestone and Tampa. Can’t imagine too many Northern HC in the mix maybe CR or Novotny
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

StuckinD2 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:23 pm
River Donkey wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:06 pm

Boyle would be a big get! I think he’s in a similar situation Paradine. Great facilities, strong support I think he pretty happy at Wingate.. but wouldn’t shock me. Stocks is another name I wouldn’t be surprised by.. he was in the mix for Limestone and Tampa. Can’t imagine too many Northern HC in the mix maybe CR or Novotny
Word on the street is... you guys listed two of the main candidates
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

After all that speculation…it’s Colpitts
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

NCLax14 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:29 pm After all that speculation…it’s Colpitts
Was told that Stocks was their guy. When he got the final contract... it was significantly less than promised.

Turned down by Lr, stone, and Wingate head coaches. D1 Athletics with a D2 budget. Good luck Queens.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:45 pm
NCLax14 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:29 pm After all that speculation…it’s Colpitts
Was told that Stocks was their guy. When he got the final contract... it was significantly less than promised.

Turned down by Lr, stone, and Wingate head coaches. D1 Athletics with a D2 budget. Good luck Queens.
A couple of D3 coaches as well.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Rumors that two Southern Programs are opening up this week. If true I would expect one to be a pretty good job and well sought after. The other, is a question mark… don’t want to say much more in respect to the programs and their players until it’s Public.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:45 am Rumors that two Southern Programs are opening up this week. If true I would expect one to be a pretty good job and well sought after. The other, is a question mark… don’t want to say much more in respect to the programs and their players until it’s Public.
Looks like Coach Wims is the next coach to leave college coaching for a private prep school.

https://erauathletics.com/news/2023/7/3 ... erway.aspx
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

New College of Florida is one of those souther schools:

https://ncf.simplehire.com/postings/993
Yeti_33

Post by Yeti_33 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:54 am New College of Florida is one of those souther schools:

https://ncf.simplehire.com/postings/993
Looks like the athletics department is relatively new here. Based on this article it looks like they'll be primarily playing in the NAIA

https://www.tampabay.com/news/education ... athletics/

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”