The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:49 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:53 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:47 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:26 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:09 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:55 pm Postscript: so…the current House majority appears to have been ushered in by unlawful voting districts.
Don't forget all the legal gerrymandering too! Who doesn't want to be ruled by a superminority of voters?
What a dilemma when that evil SCOTUS rules in your favor. What's a true-believing partisan progressive to do?
Could you explain what you mean?
That this SCOTUS is not AS evil as some of the most hyperbolic on the left would claim?

They clearly have lost huge credibility and trust, for very clear reasons of a lack of basic ethics as applied to their own behaviors, and to their rather ridiculous claims of not being politicized, and hypocritical claims that judges shouldn't be "activists".

Do you disagree?
I'm certain to disappoint... my opinion re SCOTUS could narrowly be described as agnostic to indifferent
ok, so you think SCOTUS decisions have little or no impact on the world in which you, your loved ones, your friends, your community live?

Interesting, but fair enough if true of your opinion. Others obviously disagree.

Does that make them "biased"?

Does wanting decisions made to be fair, based on facts and law, not partisan interests make one "biased"?

Or is that actually "partisan"???
In light of some recent SCOTUS decisions are the conservatives on the court the fire breathing devils they have been portrayed as ad nauseum on this forum??
Some are... ;)
I dunno about "fire breathing devils" but definitely high partisan, activist right wing...

What was that vote?
why not 9-0?

Really should have been an easy 9-0.
They have been voting on a consistent basis that indicates they are not an activist far right wing court so many people were worried about.
No, quite the opposite...big decisions used to be 9-0, 8-1 or 7-2 sometimes, but on these major re-writes of precedents ala Dodd, the conservatives are undeniably "activist" going even so far at to write into opinions invitations for additional suits. Those usually come in opinions that not all of the conservatives sign on to, though they confirm the rest.

Alito is the most active activist of the group, Thomas even farther to the right. Even "moderate" Roberts' re-write of the intent of the Voting Rights Act was highly activist.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:52 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:30 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:22 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:16 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:55 pm Postscript: so…the current House majority appears to have been ushered in by unlawful voting districts.
Don't forget all the legal gerrymandering too! Who doesn't want to be ruled by a superminority of voters?
What a dilemma when that evil SCOTUS rules in your favor. What's a true-believing partisan progressive to do?
I'm not sure what you mean by this, except to point out that I am biased. I confess you're right; I am biased in favor of making votes count. But the decision I was referencing made clear that (1) the voting districts adopted by the Alabama legislature was unlawful; (2) the voting districts unreasonably and unlawfully diluted the votes of black Alabama voters; and (3) those voting districts were nonetheless used during the 2022 midterms and resulted in GOP candidates winning. I don't think my bias comes into those conclusions of fact and law made by the Court.
This is probably not a realistic question but it sounds logical in my mind. In all federal elections ie.. presidential, Senate and congressional would it be feasible for the federal government to come up with a template or guidelines for all 50 states to adhere to? The states could then structure how they make this happen. It is probably not doable because it would interfere with local and state elections but it would level the playing field as to how national elections are conducted out of fairness to all citizens. The guidelines should be the same for New York state as they are for Alabama and so on.
Oh, I think your question is plenty logical. We have the skills and computer-aided ability to make voting districts reasonably fair. Search around the Google-sphere for the Princeton and Stanford projects on this. The problem appears to be that when voting districts are fair, Democrats seem to win elections. And we can’t have that.
When voting districts are fair and honest then those long forgotten 25% of independent voters may decide to become involved in our election system again. Are you forgetting counselor about all of us who have become disillusioned with both parties for a very long time?
And that would be a good thing.
But my party, the GOP, opposes that happening, unfortunately.
Their task at hand is to win back that very large pool of independents like myself. This is a sidenote but my neighbor had stopped by the other day and we were having a beer in the garage. A gentleman was walking down our street and came up to talk to us. His name was Mark Assini who is running for Monroe County executive as a republican. He is the same republican who narrowly lost to Louise Slaughter for a congressional seat. He wound up talking to us for about a half an hour. He impressed the heck out of me. He is a republican that even you would admire. I liked his positive opinion. Everything he discussed was all positive. He had nothing bad to say about his opponent. He simply believes he can do a better job. Your party could use more people like him. If your curious, look him up.
Just out of curiosity MD, have you ever run for political office?
No, that would have needed to have been long ago.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm not sure what you mean by this, except to point out that I am biased. I confess you're right; I am biased in favor of making votes count. But the decision I was referencing made clear that (1) the voting districts adopted by the Alabama legislature was unlawful; (2) the voting districts unreasonably and unlawfully diluted the votes of black Alabama voters; and (3) those voting districts were nonetheless used during the 2022 midterms and resulted in GOP candidates winning. I don't think my bias comes into those conclusions of fact and law made by the Court.
This is probably not a realistic question but it sounds logical in my mind. In all federal elections ie.. presidential, Senate and congressional would it be feasible for the federal government to come up with a template or guidelines for all 50 states to adhere to? The states could then structure how they make this happen. It is probably not doable because it would interfere with local and state elections but it would level the playing field as to how national elections are conducted out of fairness to all citizens. The guidelines should be the same for New York state as they are for Alabama and so on.
Oh, I think your question is plenty logical. We have the skills and computer-aided ability to make voting districts reasonably fair. Search around the Google-sphere for the Princeton and Stanford projects on this. The problem appears to be that when voting districts are fair, Democrats seem to win elections. And we can’t have that.
When voting districts are fair and honest then those long forgotten 25% of independent voters may decide to become involved in our election system again. Are you forgetting counselor about all of us who have become disillusioned with both parties for a very long time?
Their task at hand is to win back that very large pool of independents like myself. This is a sidenote but my neighbor had stopped by the other day and we were having a beer in the garage. A gentleman was walking down our street and came up to talk to us. His name was Mark Assini who is running for Monroe County executive as a republican. He is the same republican who narrowly lost to Louise Slaughter for a congressional seat. He wound up talking to us for about a half an hour. He impressed the heck out of me. He is a republican that even you would admire. I liked his positive opinion. Everything he discussed was all positive. He had nothing bad to say about his opponent. He simply believes he can do a better job. Your party could use more people like him. If your curious, look him up.
As I said, it IS possible to find Republicans at a local level who aren't captured by MAGA.

We had a two term GOP Governor here in MD who had 60+% approval in a quite blue state...

But they then, last year, nominated a flamboyantly MAGA election denier...and were crushed.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:45 pm
As I said, it IS possible to find Republicans at a local level who aren't captured by MAGA.

We had a two term GOP Governor here in MD who had 60+% approval in a quite blue state...

But they then, last year, nominated a flamboyantly MAGA election denier...and were crushed.
Sadly the reality in NYS is completely different. The Democrat party is so powerful that almost no republican is willing to offer themselves up as a sacrificial lamb to put the time and effort into a campaign they have almost no chance of winning. That is the reality in my state but it makes for strict one party rule across the board. By the standards and optimism of the democrats NYS should be leading this state onto a pinnacle of excellence. Somehow that is not the way it is working out.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

That this SCOTUS is not AS evil as some of the most hyperbolic on the left would claim?

They clearly have lost huge credibility and trust, for very clear reasons of a lack of basic ethics as applied to their own behaviors, and to their rather ridiculous claims of not being politicized, and hypocritical claims that judges shouldn't be "activists".

Do you disagree?
I'm certain to disappoint... my opinion re SCOTUS could narrowly be described as agnostic to indifferent
ok, so you think SCOTUS decisions have little or no impact on the world in which you, your loved ones, your friends, your community live?

Interesting, but fair enough if true of your opinion. Others obviously disagree.
Never said anything of the kind of course.

Frankly, there's nothing I can do... SCOTUS rules as it will despite fanlax opinions. I can vote in 2024 (maybe) but otherwise...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:00 pm

Sadly the reality in NYS is completely different. The Democrat party is so powerful that almost no republican is willing to offer themselves up as a sacrificial lamb to put the time and effort into a campaign they have almost no chance of winning. That is the reality in my state but it makes for strict one party rule across the board. By the standards and optimism of the democrats NYS should be leading this state onto a pinnacle of excellence. Somehow that is not the way it is working out.
Yeah, that's what they'd said about Maryland, but the right, appealing candidates can win statewide and certainly in various counties. The Dems manage to shoot themselves in the foot by being overbearing and get a bit arrogant, hire some incompetent partisans, and lo and behold a guy like Hogan can win...and then win again.

But the dummies in MAGA land decided to put up as far right a guy as they could find (who Hogan said would be a huge mistake), instead of the more moderate, competent gal Hogan supported. Meanwhile, the Dems were hungry to get back into the top job...they had a tough primary and landed on a very appealing guy, way more liberal certainly than Hogan, but very appealing personality, heck of a life story...etc. He'll have national options in due course, but for now the good news is he's hired very competent people to run things.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Do you disagree?

Never said anything of the kind of course.

Frankly, there's nothing I can do... SCOTUS rules as it will despite fanlax opinions. I can vote in 2024 (maybe) but otherwise...
"agnostic and indifferent" was your answer to my question as to whether you agreed with what I wrote...or not.....that answer made it sound like you didn't care, didn't have an opinion...but what you are really saying is that you feel powerless?

Of course we're all just one vote, one opinion...I was asking for yours.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This is what passes as a serious person for the Performance Crowd:

https://twitter.com/ScottforFlorida/sta ... 1652551680

Laughable.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:00 pm

Some would say it's not the strength of the NYS Democratic Party but the weakness of the NYS Republican Party. Let's look at the last 50 years post-Rockefeller (and Wilson, who finished out Rocky's term when he became VP):

Of seven governors, one republican. 42 yrs Democratic, 8 yrs Republican. Since 2000 - 17.5 yrs Dem, 6 yrs Rep.

Contrast that with the last fifty years in Massachusetts, the state next door that some would rightfully say has a greater percentage of Democrats in its population:

Of eleven governors, six have been Republican. 25 yrs Democratic, 28 yrs Republican. Since 2000 - 8.5 yrs Dem, 15 yrs Rep.

The NYS Republican Party needs to put up better candidates.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Old As Fork

A.I. 2024 Ad…

:lol: :lol:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:26 pm Old As Fork

A.I. 2024 Ad…

We'll get good candidates for POTUS at some point------right, guys?

Guys? Right?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A.I. 2024 Ad…

Selling pitch: “I’m not the one who sent a violent clown brigade into the capital to kill Nancu Pelosi”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:51 pm

A.I. 2024 Ad…

Guys? Right?
Biden the MAN is old and establishment.

Biden the head of the Democratic-led Administration has gotten LOTS done for America....not the least of which was riding the office of the cretinous orange moron. I've said it before, the Head of State is just that: a figurehead. We NEED a left-of-center leader (yes, DEM) in the White House. Period.

To review:

-Didn't try to overthrow an election
-passed the Inflation Reduction Act, the biggest investment in fighting climate change in history
-passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the largest investment in infrastructure since Eisenhower
-passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, breaking a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence legislation
-signed the CHIPS and Science Act into law
-took out the leader of al Qaeda
-followed through with ending America's longest war with minimal loss of American lives
-reauthorized and strengthened the Violence Against Women Act
-signed the PACT Act, a bill to address veteran burn pit exposure
-signed the NATO accession protocols for Sweden and Finland
-issued executive order to protect reproductive rights
-in the process of canceling $10,000 of student loan debt for borrowers making less than $125,000 and canceled $20,000 in debt for Pell Grant recipients
-canceled billions in student loan debt for borrowers who were defrauded
-nominated now-Supreme Court Associate Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to replace Justice Breyer
-brought COVID under control in the U.S. (e.g., COVID deaths down 90% and over 220 million vaccinated)
-formed Monkeypox response team to reach communities at highest risk of contracting the virus
-unemployment at a 50-year low
-largest one-year deficit reduction in U.S. history (yes there are extenuating circumstances)
-limited the release of mercury from coal-burning power plants
-$5 billion for electric vehicle chargers- $119 billion budget surplus in January 2022, first in over two years
-united world against Russia’s war in Ukraine
-ended forced arbitration in workplace sexual assault cases
-reinstated California authority to set pollution standards for cars
-ended asylum restrictions for children traveling alone
-signed the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act, the first federal ban on lynching after 200 failed attempts
-Initiated “use it or lose it" policy for drilling on public lands to force oil companies to increase production
-released 1 million barrels of oil a day for 6 months from strategic reserves to ease gas prices
-rescinded Trump-era policy allowing rapid expulsion of migrants
-expunged student loan defaults
-overhauled USPS finances to allow the agency to modernize its service
-required federal dollars spent on infrastructure to use materials made in America
-restored environmental reviews for major infrastructure projects
-Launched $6 billion effort to save distressed nuclear plants
-provided $385 million to help families and individuals with home energy costs through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. (This is in addition to $4.5 billion provided in the American Rescue Plan.)
-national registry of police officers who are fired for misconduct
-tightened restrictions on chokeholds, no-knock warrants, and transfer of military equipment to police departments
-required all federal law enforcement officers to wear body cameras
-$265 million for South Florida reservoir, key component of Everglades restoration
-major wind farm project off West coast to provide electricity for 1.5 million homes
-continued Obama administration's practice of posting log records of visitors to White House
-devoted $2.1 billion to strengthen US food supply chain
-invoked Defense Production Act to rapidly expand domestic production of critical clean energy technologies
-enacted two-year pause of anti-circumvention tariffs on solar
-allocated funds to federal agencies to counter 300-plus anti-LGBTQ laws by state lawmakers in 2022
-relaunched cancer 'moonshot' initiative to help cut death rate
-expanded access to emergency contraception and long-acting reversible contraception
-prevented states from banning Mifepristone, a medication used to end early pregnancy that has FDA approval
-21 executive actions to reduce gun violence
-Climate Smart Buildings Initiative: Creates public-private partnerships to modernize Federal buildings to meet agencies’ missions, create -good-paying jobs, and cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
-Paying for today’s needed renovations with tomorrow’s energy savings without requiring upfront taxpayer funding
-ended Trump-era “Remain in Mexico” policy
-Operation Fly-Formula, bringing needed baby formula (19 missions to date)
-executive order protecting travel for abortion
-invested more in crime control and prevention than any president in history
-provided death, disability, and education benefits to public safety officers and survivors who are killed or injured in the line of duty
-Reunited 500 migrant families separated under Trump
-$1.66 billion in grants to transit agencies, territories, and states to invest in 150 bus fleets and facilities
-brokered joint US/Mexico infrastructure project; Mexico to pay $1.5 billion for US border security
-blocked 4 hospital mergers that would've driven up prices and is poised to thwart more anti-competition consolidation attempts
-11 million jobs—more than ever created before at this point of a presidency
-record small business creation
-banned paywalls on taxpayer-funded research
-best economic growth record since Clinton
-eliminated civil statute of limitations for child abuse victims
-announced $156 million for America's first-of-its-kind critical minerals refinery, demonstrating the commercial viability of turning mine waste into clean energy technology.

You won't see NEAR this level of governance under ANY republican in 2024...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A.I. 2024 Ad…

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:42 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:51 pm

A.I. 2024 Ad…

Guys? Right?
Biden the MAN is old and establishment.

Biden the head of the Democratic-led Administration has gotten LOTS done for America....not the least of which was riding the office of the cretinous orange moron. I've said it before, the Head of State is just that: a figurehead. We NEED a left-of-center leader (yes, DEM) in the White House. Period.

To review:

-Didn't try to overthrow an election
-passed the Inflation Reduction Act, the biggest investment in fighting climate change in history
-passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the largest investment in infrastructure since Eisenhower
-passed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, breaking a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence legislation
-signed the CHIPS and Science Act into law
-took out the leader of al Qaeda
-followed through with ending America's longest war with minimal loss of American lives
-reauthorized and strengthened the Violence Against Women Act
-signed the PACT Act, a bill to address veteran burn pit exposure
-signed the NATO accession protocols for Sweden and Finland
-issued executive order to protect reproductive rights
-in the process of canceling $10,000 of student loan debt for borrowers making less than $125,000 and canceled $20,000 in debt for Pell Grant recipients
-canceled billions in student loan debt for borrowers who were defrauded
-nominated now-Supreme Court Associate Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to replace Justice Breyer
-brought COVID under control in the U.S. (e.g., COVID deaths down 90% and over 220 million vaccinated)
-formed Monkeypox response team to reach communities at highest risk of contracting the virus
-unemployment at a 50-year low
-largest one-year deficit reduction in U.S. history (yes there are extenuating circumstances)
-limited the release of mercury from coal-burning power plants
-$5 billion for electric vehicle chargers- $119 billion budget surplus in January 2022, first in over two years
-united world against Russia’s war in Ukraine
-ended forced arbitration in workplace sexual assault cases
-reinstated California authority to set pollution standards for cars
-ended asylum restrictions for children traveling alone
-signed the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act, the first federal ban on lynching after 200 failed attempts
-Initiated “use it or lose it" policy for drilling on public lands to force oil companies to increase production
-released 1 million barrels of oil a day for 6 months from strategic reserves to ease gas prices
-rescinded Trump-era policy allowing rapid expulsion of migrants
-expunged student loan defaults
-overhauled USPS finances to allow the agency to modernize its service
-required federal dollars spent on infrastructure to use materials made in America
-restored environmental reviews for major infrastructure projects
-Launched $6 billion effort to save distressed nuclear plants
-provided $385 million to help families and individuals with home energy costs through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. (This is in addition to $4.5 billion provided in the American Rescue Plan.)
-national registry of police officers who are fired for misconduct
-tightened restrictions on chokeholds, no-knock warrants, and transfer of military equipment to police departments
-required all federal law enforcement officers to wear body cameras
-$265 million for South Florida reservoir, key component of Everglades restoration
-major wind farm project off West coast to provide electricity for 1.5 million homes
-continued Obama administration's practice of posting log records of visitors to White House
-devoted $2.1 billion to strengthen US food supply chain
-invoked Defense Production Act to rapidly expand domestic production of critical clean energy technologies
-enacted two-year pause of anti-circumvention tariffs on solar
-allocated funds to federal agencies to counter 300-plus anti-LGBTQ laws by state lawmakers in 2022
-relaunched cancer 'moonshot' initiative to help cut death rate
-expanded access to emergency contraception and long-acting reversible contraception
-prevented states from banning Mifepristone, a medication used to end early pregnancy that has FDA approval
-21 executive actions to reduce gun violence
-Climate Smart Buildings Initiative: Creates public-private partnerships to modernize Federal buildings to meet agencies’ missions, create -good-paying jobs, and cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
-Paying for today’s needed renovations with tomorrow’s energy savings without requiring upfront taxpayer funding
-ended Trump-era “Remain in Mexico” policy
-Operation Fly-Formula, bringing needed baby formula (19 missions to date)
-executive order protecting travel for abortion
-invested more in crime control and prevention than any president in history
-provided death, disability, and education benefits to public safety officers and survivors who are killed or injured in the line of duty
-Reunited 500 migrant families separated under Trump
-$1.66 billion in grants to transit agencies, territories, and states to invest in 150 bus fleets and facilities
-brokered joint US/Mexico infrastructure project; Mexico to pay $1.5 billion for US border security
-blocked 4 hospital mergers that would've driven up prices and is poised to thwart more anti-competition consolidation attempts
-11 million jobs—more than ever created before at this point of a presidency
-record small business creation
-banned paywalls on taxpayer-funded research
-best economic growth record since Clinton
-eliminated civil statute of limitations for child abuse victims
-announced $156 million for America's first-of-its-kind critical minerals refinery, demonstrating the commercial viability of turning mine waste into clean energy technology.

You won't see NEAR this level of governance under ANY republican in 2024...

There’s turnaround guys and leaders who can take something solid and achieve another level. Which one do you think Biden is in this situation?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Well, what do you mean by "turnaround guy", exactly?

Nos. 2, 3, 4 & 5 on that list are BIG legislative accomplishments. Those things in particular, and much of the rest of this lengthy list, speak pretty loudly for themselves, dontcha think??

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:00 pm Well, what do you mean by "turnaround guy", exactly?

Nos. 2, 3, 4 & 5 on that list are BIG legislative accomplishments. Those things in particular, and much of the rest of this lengthy list, speak pretty loudly for themselves, dontcha think??

I’m sure there’s some positive items in there but probably could find plenty of problems and fault within a lot of that list as well. Or challenge insinuations/heuristics.

Legislative accomplishments is a problematic statement unto itself. Fine with the chip act. Have issues with inflation reduction act on many many like items and the representation of it with that name which is a cheap dumb trick and offensive to me. #4: you claiming a win on gun safety? Etc, etc.

Look, I voted dem President first time ever but it wasn’t to get 8 years of this cat. It was to do what was done within the first 12-18mo which is mainly stabilize a train wreck taking our nation towards a stay in ICU. I didn’t want him to fulfill 85% of the Christmas list created by his left leaning wing of supporters and he’s trying to make them happy without really taking the time to do it properly (if such a method exists in my view). It’s what can be sold/spun politically over substance 75% of the time. I just want him to stop here, endorse someone younger who’s credible: Harris, Buttigieg, Yang, Klobuchar, whoever and retire to Dewey Beach.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:00 pm Well, what do you mean by "turnaround guy", exactly?

https://hbr.org/2003/06/leadership-and- ... urnarounds

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19227407/

Abstract

Leaders in transition reflexively rely on the skills and strategies that worked for them in the past. That's a mistake, says Watkins, whose research shows that executives moving into new roles must gain a deep understanding of the situation at hand and adapt to it. To help them accurately assess their organizations and tailor their strategies and styles accordingly, he developed the STARS framework. "STARS" is an acronym for the five common situations leaders move into: start-up, turnaround, accelerated growth, realignment, and sustaining success. Thus, the model outlines the challenges of launching a venture or project; saving a business or initiative that's in serious trouble; dealing with rapid expansion; reenergizing a once-leading company that's now facing problems; and following in the footsteps of a highly regarded leader with a strong legacy of success. Executives can accelerate their immersion in new roles by following certain fundamental principles: Organize to learn about the business, establish A-item priorities, define strategic intent, quickly build the leadership team, secure early wins, and create supportive alliances across the company. But the way those principles should be applied depends very much on the business situation, which the STARS framework can help leaders analyze. Turnarounds and realignments present especially distinct leadership challenges that call for particular transition strategies. Regardless of the business situation, leaders must figure out which things need to happen--perhaps a jump in market share or an expansion into different markets--for their business to achieve its goals. And they must determine which leadership style best fits the new culture they're joining. Armed with such clarity, executives can design effective plans to manage their organizations and themselves.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So if Cornel West runs for POTUS as a green party candidate that gives him the same leverage Bernie had. There has to be a very nice compensation package for Mr West to stay the hell out of this election. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Read the full transcript of this interview.

https://thenevadaglobe.com/articles/the ... d-j-trump/

Here is a clip of the r's hero:

TNG: So let’s talk Nevada. Governor Lombardo lost Clark County by six points. He lost Washoe county by two points. Yet, he still won the governorship. Additionally, he’s recently signed legislation that awards $25 million to the Culinary Union. The Nevada GOP believes that that money is going to be used for ballot harvesting. Proponents claim it’s going to be used for a “capital improvement project” that hasn’t been identified. A GOP presidential candidate hasn’t won Nevada since 2004. You lost Nevada twice. How do you win Nevada?

President Trump:

I think I won the last time. I think I won both times by a lot.

This is a state that is disgraceful.

You know, we sued on the basis of …they robbed the vote at a level.

We had a lawsuit that was so good and the judge didn’t want to see it. He didn’t even want to see it.

We had a lawsuit that was, in my opinion, conclusive.

But, you know, we have guys like Laxalt. Laxalt was a very weak candidate. He was pathetic.

You know, I helped Laxalt do the best he could. I guess his grandfather was strong. His father was good. But, I guess the chain got weaker and weaker.

But, Adam Laxalt is a stiff and he didn’t do the job. He was a lawyer. He was working for a lot of different people on trying to do the vote thing, but he wasn’t the right guy.

We have great people working now. We have great lawyers working.

They used COVID to cheat the last time. They used COVID to cheat.

But, we think we have a great team in place to stop it.

(We are then asked to wrap the interview due to an event at Calvary Chapel for NVGOP volunteers)

TNG: Nevada has unlimited ballot harvesting….

President Trump:

It’s a disgrace. I think it’s a disgrace. It’s, it’s not a good thing, but the Republicans are going to do it now.

You have to understand. I come here and I campaign. You have other people running elections.

The last time I did a great job in campaigning, but I didn’t know I had to be running every voting booth in the country.

Some states do a great job. This is a state that, I have no doubt, if you take a look at the litigation…but, Adam was not a good attorney and didn’t do a good job. I thought he was actually a terrible attorney and he didn’t do a good job. He wasn’t able to do anything with the litigation, but this is a state we did very well in.

I don’t believe this is a Democrat state. I think this is a Republican state.

I endorsed the governor. I like the governor. He was able to win. So we’re proud of him for doing that.

Return to “POLITICS”