The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:24 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:05 pm As a middle school teacher my experience over the past few years is that we have gone from tolerance, to acceptance, to promotion - I am fully supportive of the first two, not so much the third. The pandemic has affected many of our youth in so many ways. I am not a counselor, but I believe this push by the LGBTQ+ community, and the media, will not serve our young people well in the long run. These students brains are not developed enough for them to making life changing decisions about their sexual orientation at this stage of their development. In addition, due to the effects of the pandemic, the adults trusted in guiding these youngsters are much more prone to be "supportive" in a way that they never would have been before.
I'll generally defer to your real-life experience in education but how do you explain the recent case in GA where a highly rated (over 10 years) teacher was fired for reading a best selling children's book to her 5th grade class which she acquired at the school's book fair - My Shadow is Purple After the reading, the class discussed the book’s message of acceptance of oneself and others and embracing diverse and complex identities and experiences. Some parents and another teacher (also a parent) complained. The young lady was recently terminated. Have to wonder what THAT taught the children.

https://cobbcountycourier.com/2023/06/i ... cepts-law/

Seems rather harsh to me - As I have previously mentioned I spent a career at a company where gay/lesbian staff was common and there were few, if any issues about it.
Promo line for book: My Dad has a shadow that’s blue as a berry, and my Mom's is as pink as a blossoming cherry. There’s only those choices, a 2 or a 1. But mine is quite different, it’s both and it’s none. A heartwarming and inspiring book about being true to yourself and moving beyond the gender binary, by best-selling children's book creator Scott Stuart.

We wonder what the 10 year veteran SCIENCE teacher thinks about the "moving beyond" the male and female "science".

Guess should just go back to leeches for ailments :roll:

Like everything, 4 sides to every story. But, still only two genders. Male and female.

Shouldn't there be A LAW that forces ALL , on their 18th birthday, to register for the draft ? Why is it just MALES that have to do it ? Should everyone have to register with the selective service and hit the post office?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:06 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:21 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:23 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:06 pmExactly. We do not teach Algebra to 3rd graders because their brains are not ready. Some, if not most teens are not ready to understand what is happening to them amid the craziness of their own natural hormonal bombardment. I have heard that a vast majority of people who are gender questioning wind up back to identifying with their biological sex if allowed to resolve itself. Why not let nature take it's course until they are an adult and can give informed consent?
3rd graders are very capable of understanding basic Algebra.

And by vast majority, do you mean 1%?

Some studies suggest that rates of regret have declined over the years as patient selection and treatment methods have improved. In a review of 27 studies involving almost 8,000 teens and adults who had transgender surgeries, mostly in Europe, the U.S and Canada, 1% on average expressed regret.

We want to catch it early because if people go through puberty, then it's much, much harder to transition and pass later in life.
Way more than the 1% you suggest. And who is this "we" that want to catch it early? Do you have a pet rat in your pocket?

https://www.transgendertrend.com/children-change-minds/
... source is a bunch of psychiatrists selling their sh*t. Your fact data is generated by asking parents of anti-trans kids what they think. :roll:
This is why I seldom cite sources. I did so to point out that 1% was a ridiculous number. I could cite The Bible as my authority, but that doesn't mean you recognize my cited authority. How many cited the CDC during Covid and how many times were they flat out wrong? There are a lot of highly educated stupid people that contracted Covid after vaccination and several boosters.
They got it less, tho. Less sick.

Like the millions "infected" prior to November, 2020. They got it "less" and survived.

We can play videos and read articles till the cows come home......and nothing would change these peoples minds.

"...a pandemic of the unvaccinated..." Guess Dr. Fauci, etc. NEVER, ever said, that , if you take tRumps fake shot, you wouldn't get covid.

That is fraud.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:06 pmExactly. We do not teach Algebra to 3rd graders because their brains are not ready. Some, if not most teens are not ready to understand what is happening to them amid the craziness of their own natural hormonal bombardment. I have heard that a vast majority of people who are gender questioning wind up back to identifying with their biological sex if allowed to resolve itself. Why not let nature take it's course until they are an adult and can give informed consent?

Some studies suggest that rates of regret have declined over the years as patient selection and treatment methods have improved. In a review of 27 studies involving almost 8,000 teens and adults who had transgender surgeries, mostly in Europe, the U.S and Canada, 1% on average expressed regret.

We want to catch it early because if people go through puberty, then it's much, much harder to transition and pass later in life.
Way more than the 1% you suggest. And who is this "we" that want to catch it early? Do you have a pet rat in your pocket?

... source is a bunch of psychiatrists selling their sh*t. Your fact data is generated by asking parents of anti-trans kids what they think. :roll:
This is why I seldom cite sources. I did so to point out that 1% was a ridiculous number. I could cite The Bible as my authority, but that doesn't mean you recognize my cited authority. How many cited the CDC during Covid and how many times were they flat out wrong? There are a lot of highly educated stupid people that contracted Covid after vaccination and several boosters.
... there is no data you have presented that does anything to support your statement that 1% is a ridiculous number. It is your opinion it is a ridiculous number based on anti-trans propaganda.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 am ... there is no data you have presented that does anything to support your statement that 1% is a ridiculous number. It is your opinion it is a ridiculous number based on anti-trans propaganda.
The HATE directed at the LGBTQ gang, jhu71, does that include the HATE that the Democrats threw our way ?

Up until 2012 ?

Arkansas was the last state to make same sex marriage legal. Aren't the Clintons from that state ?

Pathetic you ignore this historical fact. Obama did NOT support the gays in 2008. Did any Democratic candidate ?

but... look....tRump

And now, those pesky Islams .....with their built in hate towards homosexuals.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 am

... there is no data you have presented that does anything to support your statement that 1% is a ridiculous number. It is your opinion it is a ridiculous number based on anti-trans propaganda.
And any study you cite has a short time horizon as very few of these procedures have been done until recently. Your view is like saying "Chesterfields are great for digestion" back in the 1940's before we knew of the correlation between cigarettes and lung cancer. Until 10 minutes ago gender dysphoria was a mental illness. So is thinking your left arm isn't part of your body. Are you ok with amputation as therapy?

I have a friend who went through this and she is no more happy than before, when she was a he. She goes through severe bouts of depression that require medication. I wouldn't say there is regret, just disappointment that it didn't make her happy.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
runrussellrun

happiness

Post by runrussellrun »

People need to have more good sex. no matter WHAT you call yourself, it is depressing to not have human copulation.

Don't understand how a human, who removes their penis and testicles, can have an orgasm ?

Orgasm lives matter.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Many of the students in the LGTBQ+ community in our schools do not feel they can talk to their parent(s) about their development. They talk to the school counselor. The school counselor provides support for the student. Our school added a counselor this year with no increase to our population. Students used to ask me to go the counselor and I usually would ask them what was going on, etc. - not so much anymore. My response typically depends on my how well I know the student and other factors like the sense of urgency on the students face. This is not limited to the LGTBQ+ students. Since we returned to school from the pandemic the amount of students asking to see the counselors has increased 3 fold. There is a lot of kid drama at the middle school age these days more than ever.

Anytime a teacher is presenting information about sensitive subjects there are going to be questions. Not every question has a cut and dry answer. Sometimes the teachers answer, IMO, is a form of promoting a certain angle to a subject rather than providing information. This happens in history/language arts class, etc. on a different level as well. Rather than answer some of these questions, the teacher should refer the student(s) to the counselor. Most health teachers who cover these subjects have an anonymous question box in their classroom where students can place questions they have. The teacher will then either answer the question in the next class or consult with the counselor.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

At the end of the year promotion ceremony for our 8th grade students we present a PE award. In 2021 my principal told me we could no longer present the award to male and a female student. So now we present awards to two students who demonstrate athletic ability, sportsmanship and a deep sense of humility. Why is it offensive to say a boy and a girl or a male and a female?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:32 am At the end of the year promotion ceremony for our 8th grade students we present a PE award. In 2021 my principal told me we could no longer present the award to male and a female student. So now we present awards to two students who demonstrate athletic ability, sportsmanship and a deep sense of humility. Why is it offensive to say a boy and a girl or a male and a female?
Did you ask him/her?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 am
KI Dock Bar wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:32 am At the end of the year promotion ceremony for our 8th grade students we present a PE award. In 2021 my principal told me we could no longer present the award to male and a female student. So now we present awards to two students who demonstrate athletic ability, sportsmanship and a deep sense of humility. Why is it offensive to say a boy and a girl or a male and a female?
Did you ask him/her?
Maybe he wanted to "keep" his job....

lotta that going round.

the silent majority aint' so silent anymore.....especially when it comes to the covid MANDATES.
DMac

Post by DMac »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:32 am Why is it offensive to say a boy and a girl or a male and a female?
It's not offensive. The miniscule percent of the population that is transgender would like you to believe it is (or the loudest squeaking wheels of that percent) but it's not.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

DMac wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:24 am
KI Dock Bar wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:32 am Why is it offensive to say a boy and a girl or a male and a female?
It's not offensive. The miniscule percent of the population that is transgender would like you to believe it is (or the loudest squeaking wheels of that percent) but it's not.
Most of them don't care and don't think it's offensive. They just want to be left alone and live their lives and be personally called what they prefer. The more attention they get, the worse they generally have it.

It's the small handful of loud crazy far-left allies (and some of them) tweeting it's offensive. Then that gets amplified by the right wing media machine. They say the entire left thinks it's offensive.

That's the world we're living in.
DMac

Post by DMac »

On the last day of Pride Month we are in complete agreement.
As noted, it's a small percent of the small percent that is making
all the noise and too much of the media is giving them too much
attention which ultimately, I believe, is hurting their cause.
I believe that most people are indifferent to all this but the cesspool
that is the "news" and social media has temporarily turned this little
mole hill into a mountain.
Yup, the world we live in.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's why folks asked you where the line is between support and promotion. It's a tough call, isn't it?

You feel that some promotion of sexuality is going on, yes? Well.....I think that that happens with things like school dances in Junior High (and HS, for that matter) or cheerleaders running around in tiny skirts as 12 year olds. Should these things be eliminated so we don't have the .gov pushing sexuality and/or gender roles on kids? If the goal is to keep the .gov from pushing sexuality and/or gender roles on minors? My answer is an obvious yes. Let that stuff happen outside the campus walls.

And this statement you made: "Many of the students in the LGTBQ+ community in our schools do not feel they can talk to their parent(s) about their development. They talk to the school counselor. The school counselor provides support for the student."

That's grounds for a lawsuit in Florida schools. For some? What you just described is "promotion", and the .gov hiding information from parents. States across the country are passing laws to throw that counselor in jail if they don't notify parents immediately, and stop the conversation in its tracks.

Guessing you disagree with these Florida laws. So again....where is the line?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:24 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:05 pm As a middle school teacher my experience over the past few years is that we have gone from tolerance, to acceptance, to promotion - I am fully supportive of the first two, not so much the third. The pandemic has affected many of our youth in so many ways. I am not a counselor, but I believe this push by the LGBTQ+ community, and the media, will not serve our young people well in the long run. These students brains are not developed enough for them to making life changing decisions about their sexual orientation at this stage of their development. In addition, due to the effects of the pandemic, the adults trusted in guiding these youngsters are much more prone to be "supportive" in a way that they never would have been before.
I'll generally defer to your real-life experience in education but how do you explain the recent case in GA where a highly rated (over 10 years) teacher was fired for reading a best selling children's book to her 5th grade class which she acquired at the school's book fair - My Shadow is Purple After the reading, the class discussed the book’s message of acceptance of oneself and others and embracing diverse and complex identities and experiences. Some parents and another teacher (also a parent) complained. The young lady was recently terminated. Have to wonder what THAT taught the children.

https://cobbcountycourier.com/2023/06/i ... cepts-law/

Seems rather harsh to me - As I have previously mentioned I spent a career at a company where gay/lesbian staff was common and there were few, if any issues about it.
She can teach at Mary Lin. Cobb Co is geographically sprawled so I had to look up that elementary school-it’s in the rural/less developed portion of the county.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:31 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:23 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:53 am You need some help relaxing man.

There's honestly not a lot of Pride Month stuff out there unless you seek it out or are glued to the outrage news firehose. I'm sure the more you search for it, the more it pops up too. I hardly see anything in stores, in TV commercials, etc. Maybe once in a while. Doesn't really register or live in my brainspace even if it's there. I don't give it a second thought.

Maybe getting out and doing stuff will help you avoid over thinking about it too much.

For military appreciation month, we have lots of sales on top of the already 10-20% military discounts. Elementary school put on a play with a lot of patriotic songs and a hypothetical story about a vietnam vet. Tons of flags and bunting all over, some news stories here and there, etc, etc.
What a patronizing POS post.
Why?
Look at DMac's post.

You don't think some chilling out could help, some getting out and looking instead of what the boob tube and internet tell us might help?

Pretty good advice to any of us from time to time, seems to me.
It was projection from one of the most patronizing of all out there.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

contracted"?

How many who contracted and had been boosted died of COVID related causes? What percentage died of those who contracted?

How many unvaccinated died? What percentage of those who contracted died?

Now tell me being vaccinated and boosted didn't save lives...

Of course we should analyze what the data is actually telling us, including modifying our assessments as more data comes in...but turning to some whack jobs on the internet ain't the way to do it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:45 am On the last day of Pride Month we are in complete agreement.
As noted, it's a small percent of the small percent that is making
all the noise and too much of the media is giving them too much
attention which ultimately, I believe, is hurting their cause.
I believe that most people are indifferent to all this but the cesspool
that is the "news" and social media has temporarily turned this little
mole hill into a mountain.
Yup, the world we live in.
Sorry, I don't agree.

For those who are rejected and bullied because they have different feelings of sexual attraction or gender identity than the majority of people, it's a very serious issue.

And yes, on this last day of Pride Month, the Conservative engineered SCOTUS decided to overturn precedent to make it illegal to pass a state law that forbids discrimination.

Was there even an actual case of someone harmed before them? No, it was an entirely contrived case of a 'web designer', who was not actually even in business, much less making web sites, who claimed they were considering going into business and didn't want to have to design web sites for same-sex marriages. There was no one asking the 'web designer' for these services, and yet this SCOTUS decided to take the case and make this radical activist decision.

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/courts ... 201bc.html

Who actually funded the case? Was it some wild eyed lefty trans activist, perhaps?

NOPE... a Christian Nationalist group directly funded the case.

And they're real pieces of work: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... ng-freedom

THIS is why this gets covered by mainstream media. It's raw power being exercised to roll back basic human rights, previously protected by SCOTUS as Constitutional, and to loudly proclaim these rights do not exist at all...

So much for being opposed to judicial activism.

Back to the kids in school, the bullies and the bullied,...what lesson do you think they get from this?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:48 pm

contracted"?

How many who contracted and had been boosted died of COVID related causes? What percentage died of those who contracted?

How many unvaccinated died? What percentage of those who contracted died?

Now tell me being vaccinated and boosted didn't save lives...

Of course we should analyze what the data is actually telling us, including modifying our assessments as more data comes in...but turning to some whack jobs on the internet ain't the way to do it.
My point was when you argue from authority, whether its a scientist or the written word, the other person may not accept your authority. You might believe the "Men can get pregnant" authority, I may not. Wasn't really a Covid argument.
Last edited by get it to x on Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:18 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 am

And any study you cite has a short time horizon as very few of these procedures have been done until recently. Your view is like saying "Chesterfields are great for digestion" back in the 1940's before we knew of the correlation between cigarettes and lung cancer. Until 10 minutes ago gender dysphoria was a mental illness. So is thinking your left arm isn't part of your body. Are you ok with amputation as therapy?

I have a friend who went through this and she is no more happy than before, when she was a he. She goes through severe bouts of depression that require medication. I wouldn't say there is regret, just disappointment that it didn't make her happy.
... sorry I don't make the news - just report it. The old thinking from a biological science and psychiatric perspective that sex/gender are the same thing and only a binary representation is available, an "either/or", is just plain wrong! Don't blame the scientists or those afflicted -- blame your god for being a poor engineer and allowing the situation to exist. You seem to want to blame the scientists, and/or the afflicted, not believe them when they tell you how they feel, it is some mass delusion - it is a FAD. This is not true. There may be instances, but that is not the bulk of the cases. The bulk of the afflicted are doing the best they know how with a genetic problem. Some are able to improve their life through chemistry, some may improve their life through psychiatry, some are not able to improve their lives at all, some are driven to suicide largely by society and some are made worse by medical or psychiatric intervention and far too many are killed or badly injured by testosterone filled insecure vegetables parading as human males. These afflicted are not being groomed, they are not grooming others, they are not generally a threat to society as a whole. Single individuals may be, just like in any other sample of humans. They simply want to be accepted, not persecuted and ultimately left alone.

Think about it and ask yourself why would anyone go through the hate and hassle if they had a choice. I think you already know the answer given your friend's existence.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”