The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:59 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:17 pm Okay, I'm letting this go but I never said anything re NATO-US relations.
Yeah, ya did.

Here's your post:
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:17 pm
"(sensing weakness & division between the US & NATO over the Afghan pullout)"

You left out those key words a fan. Weakness... "over the Afghan pullout"
You're telling me here, in bold, that the weakness and division between the US & NATO was caused by the Afghan pullout.

If that's not what you meant? Be more clear next time.
That was OS's post I copied :D Please see quotes

Might want to call it a night a fan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:00 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:57 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:26 pm :lol: So the idea here is that NATO-US relations were spectacular under Trump.....and fell apart when Biden showed up?
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/03/78444427 ... y-spending

Dec 3, 2019
...those savings pale in comparison to what has been — despite Trump's frequent criticism of NATO's cost-sharing formula — a sizeable increase in U.S. outlays for military operations in Europe since he took office.
That's the dollars and cents. What about the ACTUAL relationships between Trump and NATO's leaders?

Sh*tshow. Surely you agree.
NATO is more than a toasting & dining society. Combat power is what matters.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... gy/661459/

The Accidental Trumpification of NATO
In a narrow but important sense, the world has become more amenable to the former president. And yet.

By Tom McTague
JULY 2, 2022

If Donald Trump returns to power in 2025, he will find a world starkly different from the one he tried to construct while president. All hopes of normalizing relations with Russia have been obliterated in the slaughter of Ukraine. China is more powerful than ever. Iran is closer to acquiring nuclear weapons. And Kim Jong Un is still behaving like Kim Jong Un.

But, in a narrow yet important sense, the world has become more Trumpian since he left office. The NATO that met in Madrid this past week to agree on a new strategy to defend the West has started to resemble the kind of organization Trump and his wing of the Republican Party said they always wanted.

NATO’s European members are paying more for their own defense, the alliance is more Eastern European in its outlook and positioning, and, for the first time, it is explicitly focused on America’s great-power rivalry with China. Trump is not primarily responsible for these changes—for that he can thank Vladimir Putin—but they nevertheless signal an important moment for the West, as Europe moves to more closely align itself with American domestic political concerns. Europe’s shift is part of a bid to protect the status quo that has existed since NATO’s founding, but which is now threatened both by Russia’s aggression and by the U.S.’s growing focus on its great-power rival in the 21st century: China.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:17 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:26 pm :lol: So the idea here is that NATO-US relations were spectacular under Trump.....and fell apart when Biden showed up?

Dec 3, 2019
...those savings pale in comparison to what has been — despite Trump's frequent criticism of NATO's cost-sharing formula — a sizeable increase in U.S. outlays for military operations in Europe since he took office.
That's the dollars and cents. What about the ACTUAL relationships between Trump and NATO's leaders?

Then we're right back to Putin invading because Trump and then Biden were turning Ukraine into your porcupine. Real combat power.

;)

Enjoyed the discussion.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:17 pm

Dec 3, 2019

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... gy/661459/

The Accidental Trumpification of NATO
In a narrow but important sense, the world has become more amenable to the former president. And yet.

By Tom McTague
JULY 2, 2022

If Donald Trump returns to power in 2025, he will find a world starkly different from the one he tried to construct while president. All hopes of normalizing relations with Russia have been obliterated in the slaughter of Ukraine. China is more powerful than ever. Iran is closer to acquiring nuclear weapons. And Kim Jong Un is still behaving like Kim Jong Un.

But, in a narrow yet important sense, the world has become more Trumpian since he left office. The NATO that met in Madrid this past week to agree on a new strategy to defend the West has started to resemble the kind of organization Trump and his wing of the Republican Party said they always wanted. :lol: :lol: Sure. :lol:

NATO’s European members are paying more for their own defense, the alliance is more Eastern European in its outlook and positioning, and, for the first time, it is explicitly focused on America’s great-power rivalry with China. Trump is not primarily responsible for these changes—for that he can thank Vladimir Putin—but they nevertheless signal an important moment for the West, as Europe moves to more closely align itself with American domestic political concerns. Europe’s shift is part of a bid to protect the status quo that has existed since NATO’s founding, but which is now threatened both by Russia’s aggression and by the U.S.’s growing focus on its great-power rival in the 21st century: China.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

pixies song

Post by runrussellrun »

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UmpgM-8EJyw

Here comes your man.......

only the best. Thank you democratic party. Thank you.

lemmings.......
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

How many grandkids does Joe Biden have? Is the answer 6 or 7? One little granddaughter has had her grandpa turn his back on her. Very sad optics Joe very sad.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:55 pm How many grandkids does Joe Biden have? Is the answer 6 or 7? One little granddaughter has had her grandpa turn his back on her. Very sad optics Joe very sad.
It is indeed a sad story, one that happens when there isn't a recognition of a child by the parent, whether because of the lack of any remembered relationship or because of the political attack complication here of the Roberts' family and their counsel's alignment with Trump.

I disagree about grandad turning a back on her being a fair statement. He's honoring his son's preferences at this point. But I would hope that the Bidens are thinking about how to address the reality that the child isn't being recognized, other than with some money, despite the DNA. And that's missing an opportunity to do better. Maybe they eventually will...

Biologically, she's Hunter's child and Joe's grandchild, though that may never be the normal relationship for any of them...but if there's a way to embrace her more fully, it certainly might be the sweet thing to do.

And sure, it may prove to be better "optics", though that really shouldn't be the motivator...indeed, it's very possible that trying to be nice could backfire politically if there isn't a reciprocal effort. Or worse, it's used a cudgel...

But the kid ain't at fault...

And it seems to me that Hunter's sobriety journey of "making amends" could benefit himself by finding a way to embrace the child.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:55 pm How many grandkids does Joe Biden have? Is the answer 6 or 7? One little granddaughter has had her grandpa turn his back on her. Very sad optics Joe very sad.
It is indeed a sad story, one that happens when there isn't a recognition of a child by the parent, whether because of the lack of any remembered relationship or because of the political attack complication here of the Roberts' family and their counsel's alignment with Trump.

I disagree about grandad turning a back on her being a fair statement. He's honoring his son's preferences at this point. But I would hope that the Bidens are thinking about how to address the reality that the child isn't being recognized, other than with some money, despite the DNA. And that's missing an opportunity to do better. Maybe they eventually will...

Biologically, she's Hunter's child and Joe's grandchild, though that may never be the normal relationship for any of them...but if there's a way to embrace her more fully, it certainly might be the sweet thing to do.

And sure, it may prove to be better "optics", though that really shouldn't be the motivator...indeed, it's very possible that trying to be nice could backfire politically if there isn't a reciprocal effort. Or worse, it's used a cudgel...

And it seems to me that Hunter's sobriety journey of "making amends" could benefit himself by finding a way to embrace the child.
I disagree. Joe Biden should be able to do both. He of all people should be able to give his son some very safe advice. If his son is smart he would listen to it.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:38 pm

I disagree. Joe Biden should be able to do both. He of all people should be able to give his son some very safe advice. If his son is smart he would listen to it.
Don't get me wrong, it would be the good thing to make happen.

But Joe wasn't able to control his son's choices before, and I suspect isn't in control of Hunter now. (and should not be)..the hope would be that Hunter is on a path that allows this progress. Getting various lawsuits settled, including this one, may have been steps that needed to happen first...but "making amends" is a process that he ultimately needs to do himself, and not because Daddy insists.

But for the kid's sake, hope it can happen, preferably away from prying eyes. Which ain't gonna be easy.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:14 pm

But Joe wasn't able to control his son's choices before, and I suspect isn't in control of Hunter now. (and should not be)..the hope would be that Hunter is on a path that allows this progress. Getting various lawsuits settled, including this one, may have been steps that needed to happen first...but "making amends" is a process that he ultimately needs to do himself, and not because Daddy insists.

But for the kid's sake, hope it can happen, preferably away from prying eyes. Which ain't gonna be easy.
Kid already has enough stuff to worry about without the media machine grinding her into a pulp.

A 4 year old. Sheesh
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:16 pm

Kid already has enough stuff to worry about without the media machine grinding her into a pulp.

A 4 year old. Sheesh
Imagine Ronny d bugging out like a hypocritical biyach when someone comes after his family.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:44 pm

A 4 year old. Sheesh
Imagine Ronny d bugging out like a hypocritical biyach when someone comes after his family.
Imagine if Joe had kids like Don Jr, Eric, Ivanka, and in-laws like Jared. Dude's taken 10x the lumps for 1/10th the actual scandals. Gish gallop in the house.

Barron has been left alone and is smart enough to avoid the media, probably due to his mom figuring out how terrible the sitch is. Hunter's daughter has about caught up to Barron in terms of visibility.

Same with Chelsea vs. the Bush Twins.

Bigger magnifying glass for no good reason.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:44 pm

A 4 year old. Sheesh
Imagine if Joe had kids like Don Jr, Eric, Ivanka, and in-laws like Jared. Dude's taken 10x the lumps for 1/10th the actual scandals. Gish gallop in the house.

Barron has been left alone and is smart enough to avoid the media, probably due to his mom figuring out how terrible the sitch is. Hunter's daughter has about caught up to Barron in terms of visibility.

Same with Chelsea vs. the Bush Twins.

Bigger magnifying glass for no good reason.
I know some primary source stories from Jenna Bush’s college days. Only things I recall about Chelsea were her “highly idiosyncratic aesthetic features” that weren’t to my tastes.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it makes me proud.

US Completes Chemical Weapons Stockpile Destruction Operations
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Joe Biden has a neat nickname from the people who have to work closely with him...OLE YELLER... I guess humble old uncle Joe has a propensity for mother effing everyone around him when he gets ticked off. Who would a thunk it? :D
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:48 pm Joe Biden has a neat nickname from the people who have to work closely with him...OLE YELLER... I guess humble old uncle Joe has a propensity for mother effing everyone around him when he gets ticked off. Who would a thunk it? :D
He's "relatable"...maybe your kind of guy? ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:48 pm Joe Biden has a neat nickname from the people who have to work closely with him...OLE YELLER... I guess humble old uncle Joe has a propensity for mother effing everyone around him when he gets ticked off. Who would a thunk it? :D
He's "relatable"...maybe your kind of guy? ;)
Maybe 20 years ago. In my line of work verbally harassing each other was our way of saying " your alright" in my book. If you want to go back to my time in the US Army being politically incorrect was the norm. My fellow soldiers and I were a bunch of heathens in every sense of the word. We were almost up there with some guy named Ted Kennedy... The Lion of the Senate. :D We never did get to enjoy a waitress sandwich.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Biden is causing his own problems by stubbornly keeping Hunter in the spotlight. In your face to his political opponents.
That is not working out well.

He should limit family interaction to weekends & holidays at the Wilmington compound & Camp David.
Keep Hunter out of the WH & off of AF1. He's a huge political liability.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:11 pm Biden is causing his own problems by stubbornly keeping Hunter in the spotlight. In your face to his political opponents.

He should limit family interaction to weekends & holidays at the Wilmington compound & Camp David.
He’s his son.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:45 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:11 pm Biden is causing his own problems by stubbornly keeping Hunter in the spotlight. In your face to his political opponents.

He’s his son.
Whatever liability he has is a result of the coordinated right wing plot to make him one in order to damage his father for the 2024 election.

It is clearly not a matter of principal or well the previous children of the president would ha e had even more notoriety for their crimes

Return to “POLITICS”