Post by ICGrad »

JuiceMan wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:16 am
Lmao, dude grow up.
Don't be a little b/tch.

No one likes a little b/tch.
mailsy

Re: RIP Cabrini

Post by mailsy »

MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 am Goddamn I can't sleep. I'm into my bourbon. I'm just looking for an outlet. And if you read this you're like 1/100000 of the lacrosse community. I'm just sick to my stomach. Unrelated to the drink. Related to the drink. Imagine you woke up, and this thing you loved, this place, this heavenly thing that scarred you and you ungratefully were apart of, that you followed, and embarrassingly praised, that you fought on behalf of, and fought directly...and that you referred...that you had to explain wasn't community college to anyone outside of the DIII lacrosse world, that you were oddly proud of, that spawned unwarranted disgust from well educated family, that induced understanding from locals, that grew because of you and in spite of you...that was just sentenced to death. That some unrelated entity that always saw itself as better than you without provocation, that found itself born with entitled self worth and importance (my wife went to Nova BTW) purchased you to fold into it's "success." Most of my fellow student athletes stood at the plate with an 0-2 count. We fought our way through. Some hit, some didn't. But it was our opportunity. My kids will be fine. My life will be fine. But I am not fine with this. I'm just heartbroken.
I feel your pain MVP! The news is gut wrenching.

And to juiceman. Easy to troll when you don't walk in our shoes. May you never feel what we are going through.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

JuiceMan wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:16 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:30 am Goddamn I can't sleep. I'm into my bourbon. I'm just looking for an outlet. And if you read this you're like 1/100000 of the lacrosse community. I'm just sick to my stomach. Unrelated to the drink. Related to the drink. Imagine you woke up, and this thing you loved, this place, this heavenly thing that scarred you and you ungratefully were apart of, that you followed, and embarrassingly praised, that you fought on behalf of, and fought directly...and that you referred...that you had to explain wasn't community college to anyone outside of the DIII lacrosse world, that you were oddly proud of, that spawned unwarranted disgust from well educated family, that induced understanding from locals, that grew because of you and in spite of you...that was just sentenced to death. That some unrelated entity that always saw itself as better than you without provocation, that found itself born with entitled self worth and importance (my wife went to Nova BTW) purchased you to fold into it's "success." Most of my fellow student athletes stood at the plate with an 0-2 count. We fought our way through. Some hit, some didn't. But it was our opportunity. My kids will be fine. My life will be fine. But I am not fine with this. I'm just heartbroken.
Lmao, dude grow up.
I'm grown. And I'm blessed with emotional intelligence. And I was raised well. Best to you.
letitfly

Post by letitfly »

born with entitled self worth and importance
Had to chuckle at this after reading all the overwrought prose on the last few pages. Come on now.

Obviously feel terrible for everyone involved with the university. Read that they've lost half of their student body since 2013 - that is hard to comprehend. Don't know enough to know what the school's overall profile is or why they couldn't find any path to viability, I'd have assumed that the 2019 title would have provided at least some kind of boost. Definitely going to be tough for some D2/D3 schools over the next decade or two.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

HA! I did preface that with my consumption of some bourbon. Def some emotion flowing at that hour and with that hyperbole. I'm not going to edit the post though. It's authentic. Not sure where you went to school and when you played/graduated, but, I'd imagine you'd be a little heartbroken if your school was in this set of circumstances too. Or maybe you weren't able to create the kind of deep connections. Damned if I know.

I've beed around generations of Wildcats. Dozens of alumni. Several in our wedding. I pull for them athletically. They have a few charity cases, but not many. Attending a school with a healthy endowment and lineage, well, I mean...if you knew 'Nova, you'd have to agree that they think of themselves in high regard. My jealousy is showing though.
letitfly

Post by letitfly »

Oh of course, I'd be some combination of livid and sad. Didn't love my experience as much as it seems like you did but I totally get it. Crazy that this was the only off-ramp for the situation.

Have to admit I don't know much about Villanova beyond calling it Villa-No-Fun when a high school teammate committed there. Very creative, I know.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

We have a group text going and had some hot takes on what should have been the headline:

Villanova imports fun with acquisition of Cabrini

From Law Breakers to Law School

Cabrini Mothers Give Birth to New Law School

Cabrini Students can't Escape the LAW

Villanova Retroactively Wins Men's Lacrosse National Championship

Radnor Police announces across the board cuts due to drop in crime

Eastern University experiences lack of falling eggs and water balloons for the first time in 50 years
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Official release on Colfer taking job at EA,

Episcopal Academy names
Hall of Famer Colfer as head boys’ lacrosse coach
https://phillylacrosse.com/2023/episcop ... sse-coach/

________
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:24 am Official release on Colfer taking job at EA,

Episcopal Academy names
Hall of Famer Colfer as head boys’ lacrosse coach
https://phillylacrosse.com/2023/episcop ... sse-coach/

________
Happy for Colf. Well deserved to be coaching a perennial powerhouse and the benefits that come with working at an Interac school.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

His girls getting that education for free :shock: ...Dawson at Haverford School had a similar stance on that gig. It's nationally a top flight position, but the promise of putting 2/3s of his bambinos through that school for a song. Easy decision.

Miss the days of the PSLA, pure singular state champions. Publics gave as good as they got. Those final fours at Marple were really fun.

I'll be curious to see how he transitions to the HS game and it's parental complications. Def needs to grab a couple strong coordinators. Very excited for him, and I think he'll thrive.

100% picking up some EA lax swag.

Looks like Deluca is holding down at Cabrini. His messages on our alumni insta handle were solid.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:15 pm His girls getting that education for free :shock: ...Dawson at Haverford School had a similar stance on that gig. It's nationally a top flight position, but the promise of putting 2/3s of his bambinos through that school for a song. Easy decision.

Miss the days of the PSLA, pure singular state champions. Publics gave as good as they got. Those final fours at Marple were really fun.

I'll be curious to see how he transitions to the HS game and it's parental complications. Def needs to grab a couple strong coordinators. Very excited for him, and I think he'll thrive.

100% picking up some EA lax swag.

Looks like Deluca is holding down at Cabrini. His messages on our alumni insta handle were solid.
Hill, Deluca, and Camp to EA :D
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Tommy Deluca officially named head coach. Might even coach against opposing players who are older than him :D
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Looks like the first show dropped with Cabrini’s outstanding freshman fogo is transferring to Drexel
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Asgot wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:05 pm Looks like the first show dropped with Cabrini’s outstanding freshman fogo is transferring to Drexel

Xanders Retweeted

PhillyFaceoffLeague @Philly_Faceoff

13h
Big congrats to Sam Ditrolio staying local and getting picked up by
@DrexelMLax

Dragons got a big gift from Cabrini
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

I would have to believe that the incoming freshmen recruiting class for Cabrini will be looking for other opportunities and will opt to go elsewhere to play lacrosse. And there are some solid players in that group.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:51 am
Asgot wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:05 pm Looks like the first show dropped with Cabrini’s outstanding freshman fogo is transferring to Drexel

Xanders Retweeted

13h
@DrexelMLax

Pretty evident this season that Sam was D1 material. What a stud. Will always pull for a fellow Jaguar/Cavalier.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Bear Evans was a dawg too. Bet he gets snapped up.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

ICGrad wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:54 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:27 am It’s an understandable exodus. What player would willingly stay under these circumstances?
I would imagine the exodus will include not just athletes but all students. I would imagine any student would look at this situation and wonder about whether paying a year of tuition at a pricey private school makes sense under these conditions.

For seniors, sure, but if I were an underclassman I'd be making other plans for Fall right about now.

I'd be interested to see statistics on enrollment in situations like this, where a school announces it is closing a year out. I would imagine it plummets. The Cabrini website still has a very prominent link regarding summer orientation; I wonder how many, if any, of their incoming commits will be matriculating.
Honestly, everyone but people that will be graduating next year need to look into transferring ASAP. Unless someone is going to be transferring to a school that will accept all or nearly all their credit hours, any classes they take this year may just end up going to waste as they might not transfer. And if you have enough credit hours that don't transfer over, you're going to be stuck having to go to summer school or take another semester or two worth of classes. Best to just cut bail now and go elsewhere.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:39 pm
10stone5 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:51 am

Xanders Retweeted

13h
@DrexelMLax

Pretty evident this season that Sam was D1 material. What a stud. Will always pull for a fellow Jaguar/Cavalier.
Ditrolio wrestled at 189/195 lbs.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Garnet Valley athletics have obviously risen due to the land development and swell of enrollment the last 20 years. But our wrestling team has always produced, even when we were a AA school. BYC has always been run extremely well from a wrestling and football standpoint. Coach Ricci (football, recently retired) basically handed down a consumable version of the triple option to BYC. So, the kids get to HS having worked the system for 8-10 years already. Urso hasn't done that for lacrosse. Neither did his predecessor. Only two HCs in the history of Jaguar lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”