Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
The Orfling

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by The Orfling »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:22 pm
The Orfling wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:47 pm
oldbartman wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm Blanchard had a 4.0 GPA for the spring semester and was Phi Beta Kappa at Hobart. Graduate school admissions shouldn't be an issue anywhere. I would expect more than a few programs to be reacjing out to him.
Blanchard has been in college a LONG time -- seems funny for someone who was a grad transfer to OSU to be a grad transfer again -- he had redshirt eligibility, I take it?
Yes. He lost 2 years at the freshmen and sophomore due to injury. Played in a total of 3 games in 2018 & 19. Before he was injured this season he was 82-131 for a 62.6% win rate.
Sounds like a smart guy who will be a great addition to a team and hopefully he'll be able to stay healthy and end his college lacrosse career with a full season at the X. One would think that maybe Hop or Georgetown could be a good landing spot?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Orfling wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:33 pm
oldbartman wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:24 pm Blanchard had a 4.0 GPA for the spring semester and was Phi Beta Kappa at Hobart. Graduate school admissions shouldn't be an issue anywhere. I would expect more than a few programs to be reacjing out to him.
Blanchard has been in college a LONG time -- seems funny for someone who was a grad transfer to OSU to be a grad transfer again -- he had redshirt eligibility, I take it?
Yes. He lost 2 years at the freshmen and sophomore due to injury. Played in a total of 3 games in 2018 & 19. Before he was injured this season he was 82-131 for a 62.6% win rate.
Sounds like a smart guy who will be a great addition to a team and hopefully he'll be able to stay healthy and end his college lacrosse career with a full season at the X. One would think that maybe Hop or Georgetown could be a good landing spot?
He was probably the reason ND won the title this year on the revenge tour as he replaced a struggling Inacio in the 22 reg season OSU win over ND. So they owe him.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

With the Cabrini news do we see a bunch of kids enter the portal with a waiver?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

According to TX, yesterday was the last day to submit,

although if you’re referring to this,

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h
BREAKING: @D3sports and @D3hoopsville have learned that Division III school

@CabriniUniv is in the final stages of being sold to its larger neighbor, @VillanovaU

This upcoming season will be the last for @CabriniCavs. Story: https://d3sports.com/notables/2023/06/c ... to-be-sold… #d3hoops #d3baseball
I’d guess this would qualify as extenuating circumstances,
plus, the details on what actually becomes of Cabrini athletics are yet to come out.

A shame,
Cabrini reached 34 NCAAs combined men’s and women’s, and won a national title in 2019.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

former army/usaf commit Haydn Sommer going to Rutgers. was a 2022 4 star recruit.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:09 am former army/usaf commit Haydn Sommer going to Rutgers. was a 2022 4 star recruit.
no one cares

Post by 1766 »

Ouch, former Army commit.

Solid player. Looks like Ross Scoot with more size. More news coming on portal players for Rutgers.
Crease Crank

Post by Crease Crank »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:09 am former army/usaf commit Haydn Sommer going to Rutgers. was a 2022 4 star recruit.
I guess the service academy’s weren’t for him???
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:51 am According to TX, yesterday was the last day to submit,

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h

@CabriniUniv is in the final stages of being sold to its larger neighbor, @VillanovaU

This upcoming season will be the last for @CabriniCavs. Story: https://d3sports.com/notables/2023/06/c ... to-be-sold… #d3hoops #d3baseball
plus, the details on what actually becomes of Cabrini athletics are yet to come out.

A shame,
Cabrini reached 34 NCAAs combined men’s and women’s, and won a national title in 2019.
Villanova has been hemmed in on its campus, and it wants to move its law school to the Cabrini land. Cabrini has the retirement home for all of the nuns of that order, and that's what Cabrini wanted protected. Villanova will move its law school there, and that will allow them to repurpose their law school building on the main campus for other growing programs. That's why they wanted Cabrini. Radnor wouldn't allow Villanova to expand its current campus footprint, and getting permits to build has become difficult.

Short term, LaSalle gets a lifeline (a much needed one because they're entering death spiral territory), but it's more likely that Immaculata, Neumann, and Holy Family see bumps especially in athletics. LaSalle doesn't offer a lot of sports anymore. I'd bet that a lot of Cabrini lacrosse players will get absorbed by local D3 programs (Neumann, Immaculata, Widener, Eastern, and the like). Maybe a high end player will go to a lower level D1 school. But I'd best most will transfer to similar D3 or D2 (Holy Family, Chestnut Hill) schools in the area.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The Orfling wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:33 pm
If Blanchard needs assistance enrolling in Social Security or Medicare, I am sure Johns Hopkins has people for that.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wheels wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:45 pm
10stone5 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:51 am According to TX, yesterday was the last day to submit,

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h

A shame,
Villanova has been hemmed in on its campus, and it wants to move its law school to the Cabrini land. Cabrini has the retirement home for all of the nuns of that order, and that's what Cabrini wanted protected. Villanova will move its law school there, and that will allow them to repurpose their law school building on the main campus for other growing programs. That's why they wanted Cabrini. Radnor wouldn't allow Villanova to expand its current campus footprint, and getting permits to build has become difficult.

Short term, LaSalle gets a lifeline (a much needed one because they're entering death spiral territory), but it's more likely that Immaculata, Neumann, and Holy Family see bumps especially in athletics. LaSalle doesn't offer a lot of sports anymore. I'd bet that a lot of Cabrini lacrosse players will get absorbed by local D3 programs (Neumann, Immaculata, Widener, Eastern, and the like). Maybe a high end player will go to a lower level D1 school. But I'd best most will transfer to similar D3 or D2 (Holy Family, Chestnut Hill) schools in the area.
:lol:

No kidding, Villanova can’t afford to straight purchase the land surrounding their campus.
So, this is the next best option.

I’d heard talk of Drexel purchasing or partnering with La Salle for a number of years,
instead Drexel bought Salus University.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h

A shame,

It depends on where they're from.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

lorin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:36 am
no one cares
sucks brah
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:59 pm

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h

A shame,

No kidding, Villanova can’t afford to straight purchase the land surrounding their campus.

I’d heard talk of Drexel purchasing or partnering with La Salle for a number of years,
St. Joe's was eying up LaSalle. St. Joe's has been on an acquisition bender. They bought U Sciences and then a nursing school out in Lancaster that they're moving to their main campus once a new building gets finished. IMO, going into the health space they way they have at this late in the game is probably going to hurt them in the next 5-7 years. They bought at the top of a market that is going to swing back.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:59 pm

Phillylacrosse.com

@phillylacrosse
1h
Another major report:

D3hoops/Patrick Coleman
@d3hoops
2h

A shame,

Yes, the land immediately surrounding Villanova is expensive, but Radnor Township is not in favor of expansion. I was told the Township does not want to see more land taken off the property tax rolls. I believe Township financial considerations are more likely than the Township being influenced by the kind of hate groups that objected to the crosses Villanova put on their overpasses they built over US-30.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Unless it involves one of the guys below or another "big name" enters late, I am unlikely to continue updating the list now that portal season is winding down. These are the guys I am personally interested to see where they land, if anywhere. Everyone else is free to make other updates as they come in. But I've got some travel coming up and won't have time to make every last tiny update.

Jack Pucci
Matthew Gunty
Sean Donnelly
Jack McKenna
Thomas McIntire
John Sidorski (rumored to Rutgers but not official)
Josh Zawada
Steven Schmitt
TJ Gravante
Anthony Ghobriel
JT Roselle
Richie LaCalandra
Drew Blanchard
Alexander Vardaro
Cole Brams
Jack Boyden
Willie Grieco
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

Donnie Howard from BU to Rutgers.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Rumors I've heard from decent sources:

Pucci going to Adelphi. Something about time your are eligible for D 1 athletics. I don't know the truth of that partt.

LaCalandra to St. Joes. Guess all is forgiven.

Blanchard should be on the top of the list for anyone that needs a high quality FOGO. Phi Beta Kappa undergrad, along with a 4.0 GPA at tOSU.

Post by 1766 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:56 am Unless it involves one of the guys below or another "big name" enters late, I am unlikely to continue updating the list now that portal season is winding down. These are the guys I am personally interested to see where they land, if anywhere. Everyone else is free to make other updates as they come in. But I've got some travel coming up and won't have time to make every last tiny update.

Jack Pucci
Matthew Gunty
Sean Donnelly
Jack McKenna
Thomas McIntire
John Sidorski (rumored to Rutgers but not official)
Josh Zawada
Steven Schmitt
TJ Gravante
Anthony Ghobriel
JT Roselle
Richie LaCalandra
Drew Blanchard
Alexander Vardaro
Cole Brams
Jack Boyden
Willie Grieco
I'll make a few predictions

Cole Brams and Sidorski to Rutgers. Jack Boyden to Uva.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”