The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:20 pm enjoy the day dmac
Minus the judge not shoeing up it couldn't have been a whole lot better, thanks.
Syrup was a hit, Alicia was stunning.
Met Havoc, maybe the best looking GSD I've ever seen, disposition to match.
People lover, meets you with a friendly face and wagging tail. Havoc pulled
in with his head out the sunroof and parked right in front of us. Needless to say
I told him he couldn't go in the bar before stopping to say hello. His ample
breasted human brought him right to us and they hung out with us for quite
awhile. Check this guy out, stunning dog (fetches, catches, swims, really
well behaved, 2 yrs old).
DocBarrister

A Blow Against Fascism and Bigotry

Post by DocBarrister »

Bigotry and fascism, which almost always go together, share a common trait … a cruel and malignant obsession with controlling the most private and personal aspects of people’s lives.

One federal judge in Arkansas struck a blow against fascism and bigotry today.

A federal judge has struck down a 2021 Arkansas law banning gender-affirming care for transgender youth, forbidding the enforcement of the nation’s first law blocking medical treatment for transitioning young people.

U.S. District Judge James Moody of the Eastern District of Arkansas ruled the law unconstitutional, saying it violated the rights of doctors and discriminated against transgender people. Gender-affirming medical care includes such treatments as puberty blockers and hormone therapy. The law also prohibited doctors from referring trans youth to other providers for gender-affirming care.

Moody’s closely watched ruling marks the first time a federal court has decided the legality of such bans, which have been taken up by a growing number of state legislatures in recent years. As of June 20, at least 20 additional states have enacted restrictions or bans on gender-affirming care, according to data compiled by the ACLU. Florida’s effort to limit such care for trans youth has also severely restricted access to transition-related care for adults.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rt-ruling/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:20 pm enjoy the day dmac
Minus the judge not shoeing up it couldn't have been a whole lot better, thanks.
Syrup was a hit, Alicia was stunning.
Met Havoc, maybe the best looking GSD I've ever seen, disposition to match.
People lover, meets you with a friendly face and wagging tail. Havoc pulled
in with his head out the sunroof and parked right in front of us. Needless to say
I told him he couldn't go in the bar before stopping to say hello. His ample
breasted human brought him right to us and they hung out with us for quite
awhile. Check this guy out, stunning dog (fetches, catches, swims, really
well behaved, 2 yrs old).

Cobblestone Inn up in Liverpool right? Never been but looks awesome. Have a friend from Westhill and he took me to Sharkey's nearby when I visited once. That place was an absolute blast, ever make a visit or two there? I think they are rather close?

Joe
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, that is a gorgeous beast!!!
Yup, in Liverpool. Place has been there forever, used to be a stop on the stagecoaches' route back in the 1800s.
Word has it that Running Creek and Soaring Eagle used to stop in now and then after playing in a nearby lacrosse
game in mid 1800s for a drink or two but they got thrown out after a couple of visits. Indians and firewater, ya
know, it's just not a good mix. ;)
Don't know that you'd find the place all that exciting, it's that porch that's the attraction for me. Comfortable spot,
got some foot traffic passing by and all are fair game for a comment or two. Lot of dog walkers passing by heading
to Onondaga Park for a walk, get meet a lot of dogs too. Used to be a good lacrosse bar, some hard core fans and
some connected to the team used to hang out there. Rob Persing might be before your time but his old man used
to stop in after a game now and then, always highly entertaining. Maryland guy, owned a bar down there, license
plate was SU 34 (Rob's number).
Been to Sharky's but just a time or two and just briefly. It's a pretty popular spot, I think, but it was never in my
area of travels.
Rob (wildman) and Gary in the glory days.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:12 pm
Why did I think about you, when I saw this? :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/realstewpeters/stat ... 24804?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Yesterday North Carolina passed veto-safe bill (due to gerrymandered super-majority) restricting girls’ sports to birth identified females. The law doesn’t restrict birth females from competing on boys’ teams. Local (Wilmington) news had a segment tonight - only ONE student in the entire state is affected by this law.

So glad my state’s Republicans are protecting us from this single freak.

It’s going to be interesting when the parents of some Joe sue because Mike - previously Michelle - takes his spot on his high school baseball team.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Maybe Serena can do some convincing....

~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:13 pm Maybe Serena can do some convincing....

The level of stupidity in your post is breathtaking.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:13 pm Maybe Serena can do some convincing....

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you. 😂😂
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:05 pm

I am honest.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:05 pm

I am honest.
😂😂😂
~Livy

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

I've played tennis nearly my entire life competitively. What Serena says is categorically true. Nothing stupid about that. Carry on.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:33 pm

I've played tennis nearly my entire life competitively. What Serena says is categorically true. Nothing stupid about that. Carry on.

Joe
Who said it’s not true? EDIT: I am not going to get into this any further. Not going to get into a debate on athletics and this issue and my comment about YA has nothing to do with what Serena said.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

A lot of people missing the point as a Serena transitioning and hopped up on Testosterone for 3+ years as a teenager would probably land her as one of the better boys high school tennis players out there. Probably not the best, but probably beating a lot of people.

Lia Thomas' NCAA championship winning time in swimming doesn't sniff the national or olympic record times for women. She also didn't win in a few other events in the same meet, but you don't hear about the losses.

There are lines in the sand on this issue in each sport. And the NCAA and other orgs have been researching them for decades. But politicians suddenly need a boogeyman when they don't want to address the hundreds to thousands of other more pressing issues that affect a vast majority of Americans vs a few dozen. It's embarassing how obsessed people are about this nowadays. They need help.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:17 pm A lot of people missing the point as a Serena transitioning and hopped up on Testosterone for 3+ years as a teenager would probably land her as one of the better boys high school tennis players out there. Probably not the best, but probably beating a lot of people.

Lia Thomas' NCAA championship winning time in swimming doesn't sniff the national or olympic record times for women. She also didn't win in a few other events in the same meet, but you don't hear about the losses.

There are lines in the sand on this issue in each sport. And the NCAA and other orgs have been researching them for decades. But politicians suddenly need a boogeyman when they don't want to address the hundreds to thousands of other more pressing issues that affect a vast majority of Americans vs a few dozen. It's embarassing how obsessed people are about this nowadays. They need help.
Well let's give Serena credit...very few boys teams players would have been able to handle her.

Pam Shriver transferred from an all-girls school Garrison Forest to McDonogh School so she could play the boys, and beat most of them. (Tragically, Pam's much older coach Don Candy at her age 17 emotionally abused her; the relationship became sexual at age 20 when Candy was 51.)

But yes, this is ridiculous.

There should be lines, and that can deserve review as science allows, but the politicization is really damaging.

And yes, the obsession is "embarrassing" at best.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's not the vast (with a capital V) majority of people who are obsessed with this, it's the media.
A February 2017 study in the American Journal of Public Health, which aggregated 12 surveys from 2007 to 2015, estimated there are around 1 million transgender adults nationwide—roughly 0.31 percent of the population.

https://www.newsweek.com/transgender-us ... ll-1806660
A miniscule part of the population getting massive attention.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:10 am It's not the vast (with a capital V) majority of people who are obsessed with this, it's the media.
A February 2017 study in the American Journal of Public Health, which aggregated 12 surveys from 2007 to 2015, estimated there are around 1 million transgender adults nationwide—roughly 0.31 percent of the population.

https://www.newsweek.com/transgender-us ... ll-1806660
A miniscule part of the population getting massive attention.
How does that happen?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Just before Memorial Day, each grave in Arlington National Cemetery is decorated with a small American flag. The flags remain in place until the conclusion of the Memorial Day Weekend when they are all removed. It is the only time during the year when American flags are permitted at all gravesites in the Cemetery.
The few, very few, who are willing to sacrifice, including the ultimate sacrifice, for our freedom get a special little flag flown
for them for a couple of days. The lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (or questioning)+ get a flag flown for a month.
Phuk pride month.

Return to “POLITICS”