Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 pm Here you go gang.

Before any media outlet or American citizen gives Steve Bannon's smear campaign against the Bidens even a minute of consideration, please remember that he is currently charged with Fraud.

Now he's working with Russian disinformation to smear Trump's opponent.

guess WHAT.....fizer was CONVICTED of fraud........

yet, you love tRumps fake shot.

How IS the white priveledge thing working out for you and Hunter ?

What does the IRS charge, interest rate wize, on "misduh mean hers" for tax evasion?

"tinfoil" hat my arse.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:34 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:55 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 am Hunter Biden just plead guilty to two federal charges in Delaware. Let the whining of the snowflake republICONs begin. :lol: :lol:
Why would they whine? Isn't that what they wanted all along? How this effects Bidens reelection in 2024 just got complicated for the POTUS.
... just wait. Not the charges they wanted, no jail time (as expected by sane people). No effect on his father. The government prosecutor is a Trump appointee.
I was thinking along the line of Hunters problems becoming campaign fodder for the Republicans.
... even without this they will pick on Hunter, that is already baked in.

----
PS: the whining has begun. Both Trump and DeSantis whining.
Does that come as a surprise to anyone?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:46 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 am Hunter Biden just plead guilty to two federal charges in Delaware. Let the whining of the snowflake republICONs begin. :lol: :lol:
Why would they whine? Isn't that what they wanted all along? How this effects Bidens reelection in 2024 just got complicated for the POTUS.
... just wait. Not the charges they wanted, no jail time (as expected by sane people). No effect on his father. The government prosecutor is a Trump appointee.
I was thinking along the line of Hunters problems becoming campaign fodder for the Republicans.

----
of course not, babies whine.
Trump is a professional whiner, DeSantis sounds like he's whining no matter what he says....something in the pitch of his voice?
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:21 am And there’s no guarantee that a “road back” could not eventually happen, but it sure has always seemed extremely unlikely, at least to rational folks.

If I’m not mistaken, this 2018 Trump appointee prosecutor had full responsibility on the “laptop” matter… it certainly appears that there was nothing to prosecute in that regard… after 5 years of investigation.

Biden’s decision to not turnover this prosecutor, like what is often done with US Attorneys, avoided any valid critique of political self interested interference.

Does Not stop the haters and grifters.
Never will.

Really thought they'd get something with meat on the bone after investigating that long....financial shenanigans. Guess not.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:21 am And there’s no guarantee that a “road back” could not eventually happen, but it sure has always seemed extremely unlikely, at least to rational folks.

If I’m not mistaken, this 2018 Trump appointee prosecutor had full responsibility on the “laptop” matter… it certainly appears that there was nothing to prosecute in that regard… after 5 years of investigation.

Biden’s decision to not turnover this prosecutor, like what is often done with US Attorneys, avoided any valid critique of political self interested interference.

Never will.

Really thought they'd get something with meat on the bone after investigating that long....financial shenanigans. Guess not.
Yeah, I really doubted there was ever more than what we knew, that Hunter parlayed presumed access, the family name, to pay for his profligate lifestyle. But that Joe never profited nor delivered anything, nor was likely ever asked for anything to deliver. The last was possible, but being asked ain't criminal. Saying yes and taking action, different matter...but that really doesn't seem like it ever happened.

Joe has had a really long career in politics but never had much money until he and Jill could sell books. Still doesn't have more than one would expect for books.

Just doesn't feel like he was in on the grift...we don't know whether he looked away from what his son was doing, or approved, or disapproved...we don't know what he said to Hunter...but we do know that Hunter wasn't exactly listening to good advice...he was a mess for quite awhile. Hope he stays clean.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:13 pm

----
Trump is a professional whiner, DeSantis sounds like he's whining no matter what he says....something in the pitch of his voice?
But the whining if phrased properly, would revolve around the preferential treatment given by the DOJ in this matter. I think the DOJ made the perfect choice at exactly the right time. Maybe not so much in the ethical sense but adjudicating this case against Hunter Biden at this time is a brilliant move. By 2024 elections the vast majority of Americans won't even remember who Hunter is much less what he confessed to.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:00 pm

Never will.

Yeah, I really doubted there was ever more than what we knew, that Hunter parlayed presumed access, the family name, to pay for his profligate lifestyle. But that Joe never profited nor delivered anything, nor was likely ever asked for anything to deliver. The last was possible, but being asked ain't criminal. Saying yes and taking action, different matter...but that really doesn't seem like it ever happened.

Joe has had a really long career in politics but never had much money until he and Jill could sell books. Still doesn't have more than one would expect for books.

Just doesn't feel like he was in on the grift...we don't know whether he looked away from what his son was doing, or approved, or disapproved...we don't know what he said to Hunter...but we do know that Hunter wasn't exactly listening to good advice...he was a mess for quite awhile. Hope he stays clean.
Well the Biden family found a way to become very wealthy without having a lick of business savvy. As a matter of fact, if you get my drift, There are a lot of politicians on both sides have become very wealthy wealthy.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:10 pm

----
But the whining if phrased properly, would revolve around the preferential treatment given by the DOJ in this matter. I think the DOJ made the perfect choice at exactly the right time. Maybe not so much in the ethical sense but adjudicating this case against Hunter Biden at this time is a brilliant move. By 2024 elections the vast majority of Americans won't even remember who Hunter is much less what he confessed to.
mmm, the US Attorney made these decisions quite likely based on his own assessment, not any instruction from Garland or anyone else at the top of DOJ.

The decision to leave the Trump appointee in place was a decision to wall off that effort from any notion of political interference...had there been such presumably that US Attorney would have squawked.

That was a good call...and sure, fortunately the answer after 5 years of investigating was there was no more there there. So, rational to wrap it up.

If he hadn't done so and there really wasn't any justification other than partisan interest to do so, presumably others in that office would have eventually squawked; and if it was found out later he'd acted as a partisan, unless that's really who you want to be going forward, then it's a heck of a repetitional stain...so, let's give the benefit of the doubt to the prosecutor that he made this decision based on his own recognition of reality above any partisan interest. He's going to land the plane with a "win" on tax counts plea.

But as to "remember", I'll make another bet today that there's no way the right wing media world will let their viewers "not remember" Hunter. They'll make it sound like this was all a cover-up, and "the Biden crime family" doesn't deserve election. Yes, they'll gloss over what he actually confessed to...which he confessed long ago!

The "preferential treatment" is. massive projection by the Trump cult as to what they would do if they were in charge...they can't imagine not weaponizing the government against their political foes, so of course that explains everything...Yikes it's delusional for those who actually buy it, but it's the grifters peddling this swill that make me angry.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:30 pm

----
mmm, the US Attorney made these decisions quite likely based on his own assessment, not any instruction from Garland or anyone else at the top of DOJ.

The decision to leave the Trump appointee in place was a decision to wall off that effort from any notion of political interference...had there been such presumably that US Attorney would have squawked.

That was a good call...and sure, fortunately the answer after 5 years of investigating was there was no more there there. So, rational to wrap it up.

If he hadn't done so and there really wasn't any justification other than partisan interest to do so, presumably others in that office would have eventually squawked; and if it was found out later he'd acted as a partisan, unless that's really who you want to be going forward, then it's a heck of a repetitional stain...so, let's give the benefit of the doubt to the prosecutor that he made this decision based on his own recognition of reality above any partisan interest. He's going to land the plane with a "win" on tax counts plea.

But as to "remember", I'll make another bet today that there's no way the right wing media world will let their viewers "not remember" Hunter. They'll make it sound like this was all a cover-up, and "the Biden crime family" doesn't deserve election. Yes, they'll gloss over what he actually confessed to...which he confessed long ago!

The "preferential treatment" is. massive projection by the Trump cult as to what they would do if they were in charge...they can't imagine not weaponizing the government against their political foes, so of course that explains everything...Yikes it's delusional for those who actually buy it, but it's the grifters peddling this swill that make me angry.
Your talking about a situation where Hunters sentence can easily be represented by Republicans as preferential treatment. When the Feds want to prosecute you bad enough they will find the way to nail you to the wall. I wonder how Wesley Snipes feels about this. They went after him relentlessly.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Never will.

Well the Biden family found a way to become very wealthy without having a lick of business savvy. As a matter of fact, if you get my drift, There are a lot of politicians on both sides have become very wealthy wealthy.
I guess it matters what you mean by "very wealthy"; Joe and Jill's net worth is currently about $9 million, reportedly. They have taken in over $16 million in book royalties, mostly in the last decade. I don't recall their charitable contributions, but my recollection is that they've been substantial...and real...

There are a heck of a lot of Americans who become "very wealthy" who aren't business people, may not have much if any "business savvy". Right? Entertainers, artists, sports...if you're at the very top of your profession, monetization is possible without any element of corruption involved.

But yes, many politicians have gotten wealthy with a much greater degree of grift and corruption than others. For instance, ticks me off that Congress can trade stocks in industries they regulate...all of these public servants should have to put their assets into a blind trust while in office.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

----
Most people don’t get investigated by the DOJ for five years for a final set of charges that are so relatively minor. Hunter Biden, if anything, received far more scrutiny than most DOJ investigative targets would.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the far-right extremists propounding malignant, delusional slanders about Hunter and Joe Biden are despicable, lying pieces of trash?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:35 pm

----

Your talking about a situation where Hunters sentence can easily be represented by Republicans as preferential treatment. When the Feds want to prosecute you bad enough they will find the way to nail you to the wall. I wonder how Wesley Snipes feels about this. They went after him relentlessly.
See, I really don't think your characterization is accurate...if you haven't committed crimes it's darn hard to nail you to the wall when everyone's watching. We have this thing called a justice system that makes it extremely difficult to do without solid proof.

As to Snipes, he was recalcitrant, fought conviction and was found guilty of committing fraud and tax evasion...$23.5 million. Sentenced on 3 counts, 3 years. Did 2.5 years.

https://www.newsweek.com/wesley-snipes- ... mp-1534637

If you want to see a double standard, take a look at what Trump has gotten away with for decades.

But even there, Trump was practically in the business of and an expert in manipulation and tax evasion, and his numbers and complexity are staggering, making it so much more daunting to try to untangle.

Snipes' crimes were very straightforward. He didn't file his returns and later claimed he didn't need to because the income was earned off shore..but that ain't the way it works. Very simple case.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:43 pm

----
Most people don’t get investigated by the DOJ for five years for a final set of charges that are so relatively minor. Hunter Biden, if anything, received far more scrutiny than most DOJ investigative targets would.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the far-right extremists propounding malignant, delusional slanders about Hunter and Joe Biden are despicable, lying pieces of trash?

DocBarrister
Come on Doc, what slanderous allegations are you talking about? Hunter Biden just pled guilty to 3 of the charges ha was accused of. That means he admitted doing what he was accused of. We will all never know who the big guy was. :)
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

----

The Trump administration-appointed U.S. attorney investigated Hunter Biden for FIVE YEARS. He didn’t charge more because there probably wasn’t more to charge.

Why is that so hard for you to accept?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:49 pm

----

DocBarrister
Come on Doc, what slanderous allegations are you talking about? Hunter Biden just pled guilty to 3 of the charges ha was accused of. That means he admitted doing what he was accused of. We will all never know who the big guy was. :)
Ask Gator.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

----

DocBarrister
Now you are being “insincere” here.

Two pleas to misdemeanor tax charges and a diversion program for a gun violation (where the charge will likely eventually be dropped) doesn’t seem much after a five-year DOJ investigation.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

----

DocBarrister
Huh?
First he's pleading to the two tax charges, fully repaid, not the gun charge. That's not a guilty plea.

And none of it was remotely about what the right wing media machine has been trying to feed us.
Some people are disappointed. Why? Because they listened to the BS, hoping that it would help their partisan interests.

But most rational folks understood that it was very unlikely to be more, because the facts simply weren't like to be there that other crimes were committed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Never will.

I guess it matters what you mean by "very wealthy"; Joe and Jill's net worth is currently about $9 million, reportedly. They have taken in over $16 million in book royalties, mostly in the last decade. I don't recall their charitable contributions, but my recollection is that they've been substantial...and real...

There are a heck of a lot of Americans who become "very wealthy" who aren't business people, may not have much if any "business savvy". Right? Entertainers, artists, sports...if you're at the very top of your profession, monetization is possible without any element of corruption involved.

But yes, many politicians have gotten wealthy with a much greater degree of grift and corruption than others. For instance, ticks me off that Congress can trade stocks in industries they regulate...all of these public servants should have to put their assets into a blind trust while in office.
... the Bidens were poor as church mice until after Joe left office. It is all book income. Every year someone investigates and compiles the who's the richest Senator and Representative lists. Every year since Biden first went to DC, he was among the poorest on the Senate list. EVERY YEAR. :roll: Biden is a lot of things, one there has been zero evidence of is his lining his own pockets. People have been looking at him since 1973.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:49 pm

----

See, I really don't think your characterization is accurate...if you haven't committed crimes it's darn hard to nail you to the wall when everyone's watching. We have this thing called a justice system that makes it extremely difficult to do without solid proof.

As to Snipes, he was recalcitrant, fought conviction and was found guilty of committing fraud and tax evasion...$23.5 million. Sentenced on 3 counts, 3 years. Did 2.5 years.

https://www.newsweek.com/wesley-snipes- ... mp-1534637

If you want to see a double standard, take a look at what Trump has gotten away with for decades.

But even there, Trump was practically in the business of and an expert in manipulation and tax evasion, and his numbers and complexity are staggering, making it so much more daunting to try to untangle.

Snipes' crimes were very straightforward. He didn't file his returns and later claimed he didn't need to because the income was earned off shore..but that ain't the way it works. Very simple case.
That isn't the point MD. The feds hounded Mr Snipes for years. I don't think they offered him anything in the same league of a deal than they ever offered to Hunter. So for snips and giggles if this case had not been resolved do you think a republican POTUS and his DOJ would have cut the same deal? Your missing the bigger point. If the feds and the DOJ want to nail your ass to the wall they will do so with all of the resources available to them. If they don't think your case is worth their time and effort you get a slap on the wrist. Is that how equal justice under the law is defined? FTR, I'm glad for Hunter. I think he was very fortunate to cut the deal that he did.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:54 pm

----

DocBarrister
Huh?
First he's pleading to the two tax charges, fully repaid, not the gun charge. That's not a guilty plea.

And none of it was remotely about what the right wing media machine has been trying to feed us.
Some people are disappointed. Why? Because they listened to the BS, hoping that it would help their partisan interests.

But most rational folks understood that it was very unlikely to be more, because the facts simply weren't like to be there that other crimes were committed.
Did that repayment include interest and penalty?? ;) It is a good thing his art work is selling like hotcakes. :D
I had a chat with my oldest son earlier today about this. He has been a federal law enforcement agent for 12 years now. He has worked for 2 different agencies. His observation is very simple... if we want you bad enough we will get you eventually. I'm certain Al Capone would agree with that sentiment even though that was a very long time ago.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”