Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
user1020

Re: Transfer portal

Post by user1020 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:02 pm Agostino to Clemson
Clemson hitting the portal hard again. Getting a fair amount of top recruits out of HS, especially from that 2021 class, that haven’t played much in college
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

njbill wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:37 am When Covid hit and the 2020 season got canceled, it seemed to many (especially current players and at least some of their parents) like the magnanimous thing to do to grant players an extra year of eligibility. Others questioned the wisdom of the move. Parents of younger players still in high school accurately predicted that their kids’ college playing time would be adversely impacted.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think it was wrong to grant a Covid year. At least some of the transferring that has gone on in recent years and is still occurring seems at least in part to be due to lack of playing time occasioned by colleges bringing in players using their Covid year. When a fifth year transfers from one school to another, the PT apple cart at the new school gets upset.

This is an overgeneralization, but it has helped the top tier of players to the detriment of those in the middle tier and below, including younger players. It turned into a zero sum game.

And now the powers that be are considering a move that will further decrease playing time. Don’t do it.
It was totally wrong and the impact was obvious to anyone with any understanding. Screwed over a lot of girls.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Anyone hear where Biskup or tierney ended up yet?
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Fischer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:19 pm Anyone hear where Biskup or tierney ended up yet?
Biskup's family has ties to "Cuse. Seems like it could be a potential landing spot.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

UO22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:14 pm
Fischer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:19 pm Anyone hear where Biskup or tierney ended up yet?
Biskup's family has ties to "Cuse. Seems like it could be a potential landing spot.
Yea dad was a kicker on fb I believe Then why wasn’t that where She went to begin with
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Fischer wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:32 pm
UO22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:14 pm
Yea dad was a kicker on fb I believe Then why wasn’t that where She went to begin with
Following parents legacy isn’t the only factor in choosing school, but COVID year let’s athletes try something new
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Does MD look at Tierney at all? Or is she not UMD caliber
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

timber18888 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:49 pm Per Instagram, Carly Fleisher transferred to Penn from Northwestern. I thought she'd get more playing time next year with NU.
I think she would have. From what I heard, this transfer was not lacrosse-driven.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

user1020 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:20 pm
You would really have to explain exactly what an MD caliber is because lthey have been irrelevant for about the last six years
I remember already in from the school days on the travel circuit. We ran into her and her mom at a lot of clinics and I know her mother was frustrated because nobody was biting at the time. I don’t think Richmond was her first choice, but she certainly made the best of her time there and he’s probably one of the top draw girls in the country and a damn good attacker so I see her going to someplace possibly in the top floor
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Fischer wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:20 am
You would really have to explain exactly what an MD caliber is because lthey have been irrelevant for about the last six years
I remember already in from the school days on the travel circuit. We ran into her and her mom at a lot of clinics and I know her mother was frustrated because nobody was biting at the time. I don’t think Richmond was her first choice, but she certainly made the best of her time there and he’s probably one of the top draw girls in the country and a damn good attacker so I see her going to someplace possibly in the top floor
**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Phone doesn’t understand English
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Fischer wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:01 am
**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Tierney is an excellent player. She’s make Maryland better instantly. Frankly she would be in the mix anywhere. An elite feeder who can win draws and also finish.
clansolid

Post by clansolid »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:15 am
**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Tierney is an excellent player. She’s make Maryland better instantly. Frankly she would be in the mix anywhere. An elite feeder who can win draws and also finish.
She's going to NW
clansolid

Post by clansolid »

**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Tierney going to NW
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

clansolid wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:37 am
**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Tierney going to NW
Tierney is an elite player. Should make northwestern even better. Wins draws, superb vision, and scores goals. Excited for her and to see what she adds to that squad next year.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:46 am
clansolid wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:37 am
**tierney
Top four Sorry My
Tierney going to NW
Tierney is an elite player. Should make northwestern even better. Wins draws, superb vision, and scores goals. Excited for her and to see what she adds to that squad next year.
I heard she’s going to another team
truster49

Post by truster49 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:50 pm I’ve heard this sad song before. Face it, Maryland will never be what they were before. Since the move from the ACC they just don’t get the same quantity of recruits. Their recruiting classes have been sub par since. Not in magazines but on the field. In the past, Players that were recruited and groomed the MD way and were plugged in to sustain that type of winning tradition are just not in the program. Most elite players go top end ACC first, that’s the truth. Example, Back in the day Godine stays in state and pairs with Kori as a strong class foundation. Not now. You swing and miss on a whole class, 2021’s,( horrible) and you can’t recover. They got a reprieve with the Hop transfer two years ago for the final 4 run but the cupboards are bare or just not elite. Truth
I also think it's important (and something I think this sub sometimes misses) to take into account academics. UMD is a great school, but a lot of the top ACC schools are top tier academic institutions (ND, UNC, BC, Duke, UVA). I know I personally would want my daughter going to the best academic school possible.
truster49

Post by truster49 »

intheknow247 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:07 pm
UO22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 am
RollTheCrease wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:23 am
UO22 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:09 am A lot of headaches associated with some players/families. It appears the Gators did their homework.
Is there a back story to this you can share UO22?
There is for sure. Not going to share the specifics in this forum. I was simply giving credit to the Gators doing their diligence on the player.
Dad is nightmare. Period. Not sure why USF is willing to deal with it because McCord is firm on the right families and players from a values standpoint.

Daughter follows in same steps as dad.
I really think it's messed up that you posted this. Her father's behavior isn't her responsibility. It would be awful if she saw this.

There's something wrong with a bunch of adults (prob grown men) speaking this way about a 19-year-old and her family.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

truster49 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:39 am
intheknow247 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:07 pm
UO22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:44 am
RollTheCrease wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:23 am
UO22 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:09 am A lot of headaches associated with some players/families. It appears the Gators did their homework.
Is there a back story to this you can share UO22?
There is for sure. Not going to share the specifics in this forum. I was simply giving credit to the Gators doing their diligence on the player.
Dad is nightmare. Period. Not sure why USF is willing to deal with it because McCord is firm on the right families and players from a values standpoint.

Daughter follows in same steps as dad.
I really think it's messed up that you posted this. Her father's behavior isn't her responsibility. It would be awful if she saw this.

There's something wrong with a bunch of adults (prob grown men) speaking this way about a 19-year-old and her family.
+1
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

I assume the Tierney news is official now. That is what I was referencing vaguely a few weeks ago. I know she was waiting for grad school admission to come through.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Emma Muchnick to Syracuse

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”