The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Also the video doesn't show anyone kissing. There's talk of a kiss, which high schoolers do a lot of. Plus it's a student-made video.

Lots of Disney films are out the window now? Ones showing a prince & princess kissing. Guess books with a kiss in them are off the table.

What about parents kissing their kids? Verboten?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:02 am
Why not when a dude comes dressed as a chick respond:

“Hey that’s quite a change. How did you arrive and that and how does it make you feel?” And when they respond “I finally feel comfortable as a human being” perhaps support or positive reinforcement of their finding some relief in their place on this planet?
Absolutely...can you see your fourteen year old self and buddies handling that so adult like?
When the dude wants to join the girl's swim team do you figure there are going to be some
questions about that beyond how does that make feel?
No answer to my question about what side of the net the trans goes to at White Thorn?
No swim suits, shorts, nothing but the naked truth/facts there. It's really that simple to me.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:24 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:20 am

LBBTQ Representation does matter. But there is a difference between representation and indoctrination. Showing Timmy has 2 moms is fine in my opinion. Showing Timmy's 2 moms kissing is not. But the later is what we are occasionally getting.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 97665?s=20

People should 100% be able to give their kids content that shows them representation.

But beyond the general, do it in your own household. And the incompetent government most certainly shouldn't be the ones delivering that message. Until I sign the sex-ed course waiver, keep it out of the classroom. Whatever the age.
So can we assume that you wouldn't want to see Timmy's hetero mom and dad kissing as well?
Not in my kid's classroom, no. Why do I want a Powerpoint showing a man and woman kissing in Math class?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:20 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:59 pm
So I’m reading my daughter some stories tonight of women from this book collection that you probably would dig for your own daughter (https://www.rebelgirls.com/products/3-book-box-set) and thinking about how if one of my kids were in a T that, boy it would be nice if they had more, ANY, stories for those children.
Been keeping up with rebel girls for years now....thanks for the head's up, though!
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:59 pm
I couldn’t imagine having a child and not having stories to share that made them feel something special or inspired because there were no stories of someone similar to share.

It’s really that f’ng simple.
This. This is why I believe all you need is an ounce of human kindness to understand why telling kids LGBTQ are just as equal as all the other minorities that have been stepped on for so many years.

Ever see these? Representation matters.......choked up watching how big of a deal these things are to children. Makes your heart soar. Right up there with soldiers surprising family members by coming home early......gets me every time.

LBBTQ Representation does matter. But there is a difference between representation and indoctrination. Showing Timmy has 2 moms is fine in my opinion. Showing Timmy's 2 moms kissing is not. But the later is what we are occasionally getting.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 97665?s=20

People should 100% be able to give their kids content that shows them representation.

But beyond the general, do it in your own household. And the incompetent government most certainly shouldn't be the ones delivering that message. Until I sign the sex-ed course waiver, keep it out of the classroom. Whatever the age.
So..umm…can you describe the aesthetic characteristics and qualities of the two moms before I comment on the rest please?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:02 am
Why not when a dude comes dressed as a chick respond:

“Hey that’s quite a change. How did you arrive and that and how does it make you feel?” And when they respond “I finally feel comfortable as a human being” perhaps support or positive reinforcement of their finding some relief in their place on this planet?
Absolutely...can you see your fourteen year old self and buddies handling that so adult like?
When the dude wants to join the girl's swim team do you figure there are going to be some
questions about that beyond how does that make feel?
No answer to my question about what side of the net the trans goes to at White Thorn?
No swim suits, shorts, nothing but the naked truth/facts there. It's really that simple to me.
Look, I’m still an jerk and chose Hobart over Brown and Richmond because I met a girl who let me see her dorm room and my football host picked me up from there in the morning so obviously I’m a bad example. But the world and kids are better than me and my cohort now. They also learn to be better from their elders, adults and parents which is exactly why we need to do what’s right and we can to encourage and cultivate a better world for these marginalized and anguished kids who struggle with the environment we’ve created and fostered already.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:16 pm

So..umm…can you describe the aesthetic characteristics and qualities of the two moms before I comment on the rest please?
Rita Ora and Alicia look alikes.
Am ready for the rest now. :D

For anyone who hasn't met Rita
(those who have too).
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?pglt ... ORM=WRVORC
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:46 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:45 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:41 am I’m fine with the schools keeping out of anything to do with sexuality. Including all the things you mentioned you learned.
You're mistaken. No books that mention families? None of husbands and wives? Picture how many books that eliminates. And school dances go bye-bye, I assume?

And you also want to get rid of sex ed?

Help me understand why you'd rather avoid teaching entire swaths of Western Civilization, all to avoid telling students that yup, we have gay Americans, and they've been struggling for their rights since America was formed. What's the actual problem here?
Because I've seen it with 3 kids. My kid's elementary and middle schools mostly suck. And they go to the "better" public schools in the district.

Nothing in the humanities and social sciences is worth anything. Hell, our school system couldn't even get the topics right that are not subjective. My middle kid got pushed through MS math, when he wasn't even getting the answers right. Because the teacher was incompetent. Which leads back to the incompetent system who put a humanities teacher in the math department and set her up to fail. And the trash reading selections in history, science and lit. They are so bad and watered down that they get none of it right. "The history of recycling!" It's just time-killing garbage at this stage. It's not real education.

As for Sex Ed and Western Civ? All topics we cover at home when we, you know... parent and live as an engaged family. Fortunately my wife and I have backgrounds that allow us to supplement the learning. But I realize there are a ton of parents who aren't engaged parents.
Glad I dug deeper....you're talking about larger educational problems. Appreciate you taking the time to clarify your thoughts, Kram.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So Bud Lite lost it's #1 position in beer sales in the US in May...to Mexican made Modelo Especial...which is owned by Anheuser-Busch...

Owning the libs...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:39 am So Bud Lite lost it's #1 position in beer sales in the US in May...to Mexican made Modelo Especial...which is owned by Anheuser-Busch...

Owning the libs...
Not quite.

A-B only owns rights to Modelo outside the USA and North America.

Domestically, Modelo is part of the Constellation Brands Group.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:39 am So Bud Lite lost it's #1 position in beer sales in the US in May...to Mexican made Modelo Especial...which is owned by Anheuser-Busch...

Owning the libs...
Not quite.

yup, but Mexican factory producing Modelo Especial for US is apparently owned by AnBev in an otherwise unrelated company.

AnBev owns non controlling 50% share of Grupo Modelo too.

But Constellation has distribution rights for USA...I don't think that extends to all North America.

so, both Constellation and AnBev make money on consumption in US. I was a bit surprised to learn that Modelo Especial was already the #2 beer in US. Of their brands, I'd have guessed Corona Extra. Personally, I like Pacifico (also Grupo Modelo) cold with my Mex food, or Dos Equis...Mexican owner.

I may have some of that wrong, so if someone in the industry has better info, feel free to correct me!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Question is, when everyone is over the Mulvaney thing and the rainbow and pride month isn't being plastered pretty much everywhere and driven down your throat, will all the horses be able to gather to go out and bring all their loyal friends back? A whole lot of them might decide I like my new choice much better and am sticking with it (perfectly understandable to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu10xwlwWEk
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:35 am Question is, when everyone is over the Mulvaney thing and the rainbow and pride month isn't being plastered pretty much everywhere and driven down your throat, will all the horses be able to gather to go out and bring all their loyal friends back? A whole lot of them might decide I like my new choice much better and am sticking with it (perfectly understandable to me.
Good question. Will be interesting to see what happens.
People are loyal brand drinkers for whatever reason. And most of those reasons are dumb. Especially with those mass produced "30 pack" brands.
We used to be Miller Lt strong because everyone else was Bud Light and it was easier finding "our beer" in the fridge at a party.
That's just what we started with as kids. My cheap friends were Keystone Lt. Another Natural Lt. My Aunt was Coors Lt.
All. The. Time.
Lose that loyalty, and its tough to get back because people just pick up a new ... habit.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:03 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:35 am Question is, when everyone is over the Mulvaney thing and the rainbow and pride month isn't being plastered pretty much everywhere and driven down your throat, will all the horses be able to gather to go out and bring all their loyal friends back? A whole lot of them might decide I like my new choice much better and am sticking with it (perfectly understandable to me.
People are loyal brand drinkers for whatever reason. And most of those reasons are dumb. Especially with those mass produced "30 pack" brands.
We used to be Miller Lt strong because everyone else was Bud Light and it was easier finding "our beer" in the fridge at a party.
That's just what we started with as kids. My cheap friends were Keystone Lt. Another Natural Lt. My Aunt was Coors Lt.
All. The. Time.
Lose that loyalty, and its tough to get back because people just pick up a new ... habit.
Folks our age are brand loyal. Millennials and Gen Z are not.

The entire beer and spirits industry is lost at sea because of this fact, and don’t know what to do
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:56 pm
All. The. Time.
Folks our age are brand loyal. Millennials and Gen Z are not.

The entire beer and spirits industry is lost at sea because of this fact, and don’t know what to do
This does appear to be the case across all sorts of consumer products.

Seems to be driven by a couple of factors, including a proliferation of a far greater variety of choices and a huge democratization of information sources, with therefore much more awareness of such choices. Young people probably aren’t more influenced by some spokesperson but the access to far more people’s, celebrities’ and friends’, opinions creates more new recommendation’s.

And so the habit of trying something new is more likely, rather than strict conformity to prior choices.

And then we also have this greater access to information about the “values “ of the brand and thus an additional differentiator. I remember something about Coors having Nazi roots and not wanting to make that choice ( I have no idea if true!)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:16 pm

Rita Ora and Alicia look alikes.
Am ready for the rest now. :D

For anyone who hasn't met Rita
(those who have too).
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?pglt ... ORM=WRVORC
Call me Billy Madison!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:41 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 am

Owning the libs...
Not quite.

yup, but Mexican factory producing Modelo Especial for US is apparently owned by AnBev in an otherwise unrelated company.

AnBev owns non controlling 50% share of Grupo Modelo too.

But Constellation has distribution rights for USA...I don't think that extends to all North America.

so, both Constellation and AnBev make money on consumption in US. I was a bit surprised to learn that Modelo Especial was already the #2 beer in US. Of their brands, I'd have guessed Corona Extra. Personally, I like Pacifico (also Grupo Modelo) cold with my Mex food, or Dos Equis...Mexican owner.

I may have some of that wrong, so if someone in the industry has better info, feel free to correct me!
And this goes back to why I can’t support Dems as they’ve allowed consolidation and monopolistic activity every bit as much as the Republicans the last 30yrs…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

All. The. Time.
I’m and always been as loyal to beer as I’ve been with women. I like em all (as QTip would say “I like em brown yellow Puerto Rican and Haitian)

And there’s a very strong demand in my tastes and preferences for cheap and trashy. I’ll let you all decide which I’m referring to.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:27 pm
All. The. Time.
I’m and always been as loyal to beer as I’ve been with women. I like em all (as QTip would say “I like em brown yellow Puerto Rican and Haitian)

And there’s a very strong demand in my tastes and preferences for cheap and trashy. I’ll let you all decide which I’m referring to.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”