THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DougELax

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by DougELax »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 pm Ok, Petro can stay
Why haven't we played like this all year?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Monster muchkins maul Maryland, outeverythinged 'em. More hustle, more fire, more grit and determination.
Very well done, Hop, congrats that was a big win.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DougELax wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:45 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:44 pm Ok, Petro can stay
Why haven't we played like this all year?
No idea, but better late than never.

That was the best second half defensive performance I've seen since the Final Four run.

I actually can't believe how good Pat Foley was tonight, especially off the ground. That is as All-American a job you will ever see from a close defenseman this day and age.

Joey Epstein eats turtles for breakfast.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Coach should tithe to Joey Epstein.

After he graduates, of course.
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

primitiveskills wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 pm How good has Foley been tonight?
Too bad they voted on All Big Ten already. That was a first team effort for sure.
DocBarrister

Hopkins = Arya Stark; Cooter Explodes

Post by DocBarrister »

:shock: :o :shock:

Wow. Eight gbs for Foley (player of the game). :shock:

Best defensive game in years. :P

Joey Epstein ... another hat trick. *yawn*

Darby sneaking back into the game like Arya Stark! :P

A 10-1 run to finish the game. :shock:

Unselfish play all around.

And first back-to-back wins over MD ever! :D

Think the Blue Jays probably punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament, but screw an at large bid. We want the B1G championship and the AQ!

Great team effort and terrific work by the coaches!

This Hopkins team did not quit on themselves.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

There are some rather weird stats in this week’s game also.

Namely: UMd One and ONLY one second half goal.

Have to really credit Hopkins’ defense for these two wins.

And the offense for doing some outscoring.

Hopkins 2, Meatheads 0
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

The slides were near-perfect in that second half. I can't explain it. Looked like a different team. Looked like the Jays of old. Everyone was locked in. I'm very impressed. I don't know if we have a chance against Penn State but this turnaround has been pretty exciting to watch. Great day to be a Jay.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

As Joe said: “What got into the BlueJays in the second half?’ Convincing 10-1 demolition of the
Turtles down the stretch. Darby came up big, Foley was all world, Forry, Cole, Baskin and Epstein did what no Hopkins team has ever done—-beat Maryland back to back. How sweet it is!

Jays are hitting their stride at precisely the right moment and send the Terps reeling into the NCAA tournament.
molo

Post by molo »

With no cable, I didn't see this one, but evidently Maryland was able to make it competitive for a while tonight.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

The Wombatress has a bird feeder in the backyard, and loaded it up last week.

I saw a flock of Blue Jays in there before the game last weekend, and I counted seven Jays. They were pushing around the other birds (GTFO) and even the squirrels were watching their own asses.

Saw the same thing a couple of days ago.

Blue Jays kicking ass and taking names.

At least for 2019, Petro owned Tillman.

Where’s Coot?

Woof
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

molo wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 pm With no cable, I didn't see this one, but evidently Maryland was able to make it competitive for a while tonight.
molo, man, let me introduce you to a sports bar.

I think you are on the wrong side of Baltimore, but I think there’s a Green Turtle up there somewhere.

W
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-huge fail not having live stats on the hopkins website. Maybe like a few of you they didn't think we'd make the b1g or fans would want to look at them. we do.

-love the epstein hit at the end, already been penalized once, then goes for a daily double, maryland should tape that photo to every barbell, door, laptop, playbook, in their facility to remind them how a freshman took their turtle hearts and ate them like magua in last of the mohicans. perfect. the size of the balls on that kid are like the upper quad and lower quad put together. 3+ more years.

-this week has been worth the 133 pages and counting, scratch that, this game has been worth the 133 pages and counting. This team tonight showed us every level of play from team that could lose to michigan (oops only you do that ohio state) to a ff caliber d. Maybe we should just play all our games at rutgers or college park. Heard rutgers needs the $.
https://www.pbs.org/video/mishkin-rutge ... 549918540/

-up to 7 in rpi and 2 in sos, will be 1 in sos. A lot questioned the b1g move but toughest schedule in the nation despite unc, cuse, and princeton not being their top 5/20 selves. plus a conference tournament!
DocBarrister

Re: Season is NOT over ... It has just begun.

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 pm I hear all the criticism and I get it ... indeed, agree with much of it.

But let’s put things in perspective. Blue Jays got blown out by two stellar Loyola and Towson teams. They played Syracuse and Virginia, two top ten teams, close for about three quarters. They beat North Carolina and Princeton on the road. They beat a DE team that is pretty good, and MSM on short rest.

This Hopkins team has plenty of talent. What I haven’t seen is a team with a lot of chemistry and its head fully in the game. I think that explains a lot of the turnovers we have seen, which have been devastating.

These Blue Jays don’t have the talent or cohesiveness of the 2005 version, but who does?

If Hopkins can just cut turnovers down (and not by much ... just 3 a game may do it), and work together better as a team on both offense and defense, they could make some noise in the second half of the season. Quicker second slides and more open shots for Marr ... those will be signs of a team working more like a team.

Pre-season is over for the Blue Jays. A brand new season begins at Michigan. Petro and his crew still have their fates entirely in their own hands.

Go Blue Jays!

DocBarrister (still optimistic) ;)
Just sayin’. ;)

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:13 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 pm I hear all the criticism and I get it ... indeed, agree with much of it.

But let’s put things in perspective. Blue Jays got blown out by two stellar Loyola and Towson teams. They played Syracuse and Virginia, two top ten teams, close for about three quarters. They beat North Carolina and Princeton on the road. They beat a DE team that is pretty good, and MSM on short rest.

This Hopkins team has plenty of talent. What I haven’t seen is a team with a lot of chemistry and its head fully in the game. I think that explains a lot of the turnovers we have seen, which have been devastating.

These Blue Jays don’t have the talent or cohesiveness of the 2005 version, but who does?

If Hopkins can just cut turnovers down (and not by much ... just 3 a game may do it), and work together better as a team on both offense and defense, they could make some noise in the second half of the season. Quicker second slides and more open shots for Marr ... those will be signs of a team working more like a team.

Pre-season is over for the Blue Jays. A brand new season begins at Michigan. Petro and his crew still have their fates entirely in their own hands.

Go Blue Jays!

Just sayin’. ;)

DocBarrister 8-)
Why do you do that pat pat pat on your own back?

Makes you look like your usual self.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Go Blue Jays!

Just sayin’. ;)

DocBarrister 8-)

Look, Theon, I think your run on the show is over.

You’re a good man, Wombat. Thank you.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 pm

Go Blue Jays!

Just sayin’. ;)

DocBarrister 8-)

For the next 24 hours all is forgiven.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Thank you guys for such great two games against Maryland. You're RPI literally ballooned from i think 16 to now 7 with the first ever back to back wins. Loyola's RPI went up to 4 now from i think 6, .... no promises but i pray my team can repay you for the RPI boost with wins tomorrow and hopefully sunday as well.

Also... according to lax reference, i think you guys secure a home game with either a win or loss against Penn State on Sunday...
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Check this out.

laf gives JHU and UMd equal at large probabilities of 44.2%

I haven’t checked Maryland’s out of conference schedule, but if it is weak enough, I could see if the B1G only gets two bids, UMd could be OUT.
E524AB51-0F56-473B-AA06-60BEDA565247.jpeg
E524AB51-0F56-473B-AA06-60BEDA565247.jpeg (222.41 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
Of course, I’m not buying that Hopkins AQ probability of 54%, because that means, uh, Penn State 46%. Yeah, right.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Jays have now won the last 3 meetings with the twerps.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”