The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by DMac »

Okay, I've quit clicking on all the LGBTQRSUVW+ stories that pop up on my feed in hopes that they'll stop popping up as I just don't really give a damn about it all (not to say I don't think 14 year old trans boys should be competing against the girls or the Lia Thomson types, that's my only beef about the whole deal). I'll keep up with the Bud Light sales at the watering hole (don't really care about that either). Speaking of, I'm pretty bummed about Monday's forecast, high of 70 with rain. Not good for the porch and I'm figuring the judge's routine is Mondays at the Cobblestone (highly unusual for me to be there on a Monday) based on my last experience. Very much looking forward to seeing him again. Gonna say, hey Cheeze Whiz, you ever find that line that the Indians couldn't go back across when they were playing lacrosse? Was it the two mile mark? How 'bout those pot heads, ever find that none of them got thrown in jail for smoking a joint? I'm on a mission with the judge.
I'm figuring no one noticed Alicia's fingernails in the last picture (they are in there) so here ya go. Just isn't right to go unnoticed given all the effort put in, ya know.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:21 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:18 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 am May I ask- what is the "Trans Movement?"
What is this demographic looking for and wanting? What rights are being disallowed?
I'm not following this as a marriage or voting rights movement. What is it all about?
Here's a conversation I just had with Ohmilax. This is the State of Florida's discriminatory laws surrounding education and LGBTQ....

States are actively REMOVING their rights, Kram. That's why you're hearing the noise from the left. States all over the country are moving to basically make it so that K-12 pretends like there's no such thing as Gay, let alone Trans, and attempting to punish teachers who dare to mention it. They're not doing a very good job at it, as the wording of the laws are a complete mess....which is increasing teacher vacancies in places like Florida at light speed because they don't really know what they can or can't do without breaking the law.

It's a mess.
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:36 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
No problem! I think a lot of the concerns are coming from folks who don't have kids, and so they don't have the slightest idea what's mandated instruction in schools in 2023. I have an eight year old, fwiw.

The Mandated Curriculum we discussed before was Florida's.....

Here's part (part...they have more sections that are far more detailed) of the 2022 Mandatory teachings for FLA public schools. Take a look around. You'll find they MANDATE teachings on anti-semitism, racism, sexism, discrimination of all kinds, the power of meritocracy. There's a week for the Holocaust. Big section on African American experience. Section on women's experience. Section on Hispanic experience.

Andd sex ed, community studies...including mandatory discussions on the family unit. Mandatory instruction on the evils of discrimination. And on and on.

....so looking at all this, and all the things that every Florida school MUST teach, do you think it's reasonable to completely exclude any and all mention whatsoever of LGBTQ? Because that's what's being attempted in many, many States.

They're literally saying: not only do we not acknowledge your existence, we're going to complete ignore, and not discuss discrimination of LGBTQ, while we MANDATE discussions of literally every other form of discrimination in America, and every other form of the American family. How do you discuss family without discussing sexuality? Impossible. You can't....but they're trying.

Does this help?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 03.42.html
Does Ohmilax or anyone else have a comment here? It's clear as day that LGBTQ folks don't have the same rights given to Hispanics, Black Americans, Women, etc. in Florida schools, where DeSantis and Co. are singling them out, and teaching children about discrimination of everyone EXCEPT LGBTQ.

They don't have the same rights. Full stop. You can teach about this history of discrimination of women or black Americans....but you are FORBIDDEN from teaching about LGBTQ discrimination? Not only is that absurd, it's incredibly ironic.
What major players/actions/events in LGBTQ history and discrimination are being ignored in the classrooms?
I don't understand what you're missing, Kram. Did you not read the above FLA Statutes? They're fighting to make it so that teachers can't mention LGBTQ at all. So "what history" is being ignored? All of it. 100%.

Libraries around the country are working to strip all books that so much as mention anything LGBTQ
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:41 am Okay, I've quit clicking on all the LGBTQRSUVW+ stories that pop up on my feed in hopes that they'll stop popping up as I just don't really give a damn about it all (not to say I don't think 14 year old trans boys should be competing against the girls or the Lia Thomson types, that's my only beef about the whole deal). I'll keep up with the Bud Light sales at the watering hole (don't really care about that either). Speaking of, I'm pretty bummed about Monday's forecast, high of 70 with rain. Not good for the porch and I'm figuring the judge's routine is Mondays at the Cobblestone (highly unusual for me to be there on a Monday) based on my last experience. Very much looking forward to seeing him again. Gonna say, hey Cheeze Whiz, you ever find that line that the Indians couldn't go back across when they were playing lacrosse? Was it the two mile mark? How 'bout those pot heads, ever find that none of them got thrown in jail for smoking a joint? I'm on a mission with the judge.
I'm figuring no one noticed Alicia's fingernails in the last picture (they are in there) so here ya go. Just isn't right to go unnoticed given all the effort put in, ya know.
The finger tattoo tells me she knows how to party!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Finger?
No drinking, no drugs for Alicia.
Pretty straight girl actually.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:00 pm Finger?
No drinking, no drugs for Alicia.
Pretty straight girl actually.
Right ring finger posterior side.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:38 am
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:41 am Okay, I've quit clicking on all the LGBTQRSUVW+ stories that pop up on my feed in hopes that they'll stop popping up as I just don't really give a damn about it all (not to say I don't think 14 year old trans boys should be competing against the girls or the Lia Thomson types, that's my only beef about the whole deal). I'll keep up with the Bud Light sales at the watering hole (don't really care about that either). Speaking of, I'm pretty bummed about Monday's forecast, high of 70 with rain. Not good for the porch and I'm figuring the judge's routine is Mondays at the Cobblestone (highly unusual for me to be there on a Monday) based on my last experience. Very much looking forward to seeing him again. Gonna say, hey Cheeze Whiz, you ever find that line that the Indians couldn't go back across when they were playing lacrosse? Was it the two mile mark? How 'bout those pot heads, ever find that none of them got thrown in jail for smoking a joint? I'm on a mission with the judge.
The finger tattoo tells me she knows how to party!
I'd love to know more about Alicia! She''s one of those that you don't let get away.

Joe
DMac

Post by DMac »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:02 pm
I'd love to know more about Alicia! She''s one of those that you don't let get away.

Joe
:lol: :lol:
Laid back, easy to talk to, never gets rattled, quick to smile, always looks good from head to toe, can have fun with Alicia.
Runner/jogger. Parents own a funeral home, got a few bucks. She was a regular bartender for a few years, only works Monday days now. Works at a juice bar in the yuppie section downtown mixing up fancy juice drinks for the professional crowd now. Am sure she does well, perfect fit (the look). Does some modeling too, not a hung up on herself kind of gal though. Long time BF, tattoo artist all tatted up. Not two people you'd look at and figure they were a couple.
Few years back a group at a table ordered four dozen wings, there was a Karen among them. Told Alicia the wings weren't done and they didn't want them. We were at the bar a matter of feet from the table, she brought 'em over and gave them to us. Meanwhile she ordered four more dozen for Karen and party, when she took those to them Karen told her, nope, we don't want any wings now. Of course when we were eating the wings we couldn't say loud enough or enough times how delicious and done to perfection they were (and they were). Karen and crew didn't like us....Alicia was kinda liking that though. She never got the least bit rattled, nothing but a smile and pleasantness, didn't charge them for the wings. Of course we've laughed about that several times. That was a lot of wings, all of us at the bar couldn't eat 'em all, buddy took some home with him.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:57 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:02 pm

Joe
:lol: :lol:
Laid back, easy to talk to, never gets rattled, quick to smile, always looks good from head to toe, can have fun with Alicia.
Runner/jogger. Parents own a funeral home, got a few bucks. She was a regular bartender for a few years, only works Monday days now. Works at a juice bar in the yuppie section downtown mixing up fancy juice drinks for the professional crowd now. Am sure she does well, perfect fit (the look). Does some modeling too, not a hung up on herself kind of gal though. Long time BF, tattoo artist all tatted up. Not two people you'd look at and figure they were a couple.
Few years back a group at a table ordered four dozen wings, there was a Karen among them. Told Alicia the wings weren't done and they didn't want them. We were at the bar a matter of feet from the table, she brought 'em over and gave them to us. Meanwhile she ordered four more dozen for Karen and party, when she took those to them Karen told her, nope, we don't want any wings now. Of course when we were eating the wings we couldn't say loud enough or enough times how delicious and done to perfection they were (and they were). Karen and crew didn't like us....Alicia was kinda liking that though. She never got the least bit rattled, nothing but a smile and pleasantness, didn't charge them for the wings. Of course we've laughed about that several times. That was a lot of wings, all of us at the bar couldn't eat 'em all, buddy took some home with him.
Weak, no wing leaves the establishment without the meat being sucked off the bones!

Thanks, Mgt
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is she married, or is that ring just there to keep you guessing? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:50 pm Is she married, or is that ring just there to keep you guessing? :lol:
That’s one of those get off my back, Dmac, rings.

(Working on my rhyming for my eventual track feature for KRS One)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Silver or gold,
rock or not,
it's just some bling,
don't mean a thing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:57 am Silver or gold,
rock or not,
it's just some bling,
don't mean a thing.
Talking my language. Want to be featured on my next track like this?

https://youtu.be/ATFy2YLT504
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 am Crazy times we live in.....https://twitter.com/amuse/status/166772 ... 73025?s=20
Try Mardi Gras.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 am Crazy times we live in.....https://twitter.com/amuse/status/166772 ... 73025?s=20
Yes you do.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:13 am
Try Mardi Gras.
"That's different" tm
DMac

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:13 am
rock or not,
it's just some bling,
don't mean a thing.

DMac on a track,
cussin' and swearin'
talkin' all kinda smack?
I'll smudge the judge
on the new featured track,
don't care 'bout no robe
he be wearin'.

Call my agent, I'm in.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:39 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:13 am
rock or not,
it's just some bling,
don't mean a thing.

DMac on a track,
cussin' and swearin'
talkin' all kinda smack?
I'll smudge the judge
on the new featured track,
don't care 'bout no robe
he be wearin'.

Call my agent, I'm in.
Excellent! I hear it’s easy to get illegal guns around Roch Cha Cha these days too to keep the Haters away and, as always, Protect Ya Neck!

We can even to a remake of All I need and she can be Mary J blige to your Method Man. You’ve already got the puffy camouflage outfit, I’ve seen it.

https://youtu.be/XW1HNWqdVbk
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:18 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:21 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:18 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 am May I ask- what is the "Trans Movement?"
What is this demographic looking for and wanting? What rights are being disallowed?
I'm not following this as a marriage or voting rights movement. What is it all about?
Here's a conversation I just had with Ohmilax. This is the State of Florida's discriminatory laws surrounding education and LGBTQ....

States are actively REMOVING their rights, Kram. That's why you're hearing the noise from the left. States all over the country are moving to basically make it so that K-12 pretends like there's no such thing as Gay, let alone Trans, and attempting to punish teachers who dare to mention it. They're not doing a very good job at it, as the wording of the laws are a complete mess....which is increasing teacher vacancies in places like Florida at light speed because they don't really know what they can or can't do without breaking the law.

It's a mess.
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:36 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
No problem! I think a lot of the concerns are coming from folks who don't have kids, and so they don't have the slightest idea what's mandated instruction in schools in 2023. I have an eight year old, fwiw.

The Mandated Curriculum we discussed before was Florida's.....

Here's part (part...they have more sections that are far more detailed) of the 2022 Mandatory teachings for FLA public schools. Take a look around. You'll find they MANDATE teachings on anti-semitism, racism, sexism, discrimination of all kinds, the power of meritocracy. There's a week for the Holocaust. Big section on African American experience. Section on women's experience. Section on Hispanic experience.

Andd sex ed, community studies...including mandatory discussions on the family unit. Mandatory instruction on the evils of discrimination. And on and on.

....so looking at all this, and all the things that every Florida school MUST teach, do you think it's reasonable to completely exclude any and all mention whatsoever of LGBTQ? Because that's what's being attempted in many, many States.

They're literally saying: not only do we not acknowledge your existence, we're going to complete ignore, and not discuss discrimination of LGBTQ, while we MANDATE discussions of literally every other form of discrimination in America, and every other form of the American family. How do you discuss family without discussing sexuality? Impossible. You can't....but they're trying.

Does this help?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 03.42.html
Does Ohmilax or anyone else have a comment here? It's clear as day that LGBTQ folks don't have the same rights given to Hispanics, Black Americans, Women, etc. in Florida schools, where DeSantis and Co. are singling them out, and teaching children about discrimination of everyone EXCEPT LGBTQ.

They don't have the same rights. Full stop. You can teach about this history of discrimination of women or black Americans....but you are FORBIDDEN from teaching about LGBTQ discrimination? Not only is that absurd, it's incredibly ironic.
I don't understand what you're missing, Kram. Did you not read the above FLA Statutes? They're fighting to make it so that teachers can't mention LGBTQ at all. So "what history" is being ignored? All of it. 100%.

Libraries around the country are working to strip all books that so much as mention anything LGBTQ
It was a simple question.

What major players/actions/events in LGBTQ history and discrimination are being ignored in the classrooms?

Or should we start mentioning the orientation of famous figures in history?

Curious what you think about this.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:33 pm It was a simple question.

Or should we start mentioning the orientation of famous figures in history?

Curious what you think about this.
It was a simple answer. All of them.

You're not allowed to discuss anything based on sexual orientation, gay or straight. So anyone fighting for gay rights can't be mentioned. Right to marry someone you love based on orientation? Can't be mentioned. Right to not be discriminated against based on orientation? Can't be mentioned.

Murdered or jailed because of sexual orientation? Can't be mentioned. And on and on.

Return to “POLITICS”