GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:05 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:17 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:58 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:14 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:11 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:34 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:31 pm Wingate: Willie Grieco (A) in portal.
3x First Team AA. Quarterback type. Some eye-popping seasons. Could see some decent schools going after him.

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p
Rutgers or GTown probably already calling.
Haha, I was thinking these two as well. Was also thinking Jacksonville.
Grieco officially to Jax.

Didn't want to say it back then, but Jax contacted him before the 45-day window. So, I had a feeling that he'd end up there.
What does this mean if had contacted him before the window? Are colleges/coaches allowed to do this?
Means he wanted the kid to feed to C Kav and Dobson next year and so jamming Galloway up here.
I'm not sure what this means? I do not care for ND. I also doubt a d2 kid would end up there.

My anonymous account does not have the capabilities to jam up Galloway, he's doing that with his own actions. Jax has the most transfers out of any program, do you think Grieco was the only kid he contacted early?
He may have meant Xanders...are you Ty?
Are you Geneva? Because I didn't catch that it was Xanders since he didn't quote a single thread with TX's name.

I can assure you I played at the collegiate level, Mr. Xanders cannot say the same... lol
Ty played at St. Paul’s (or at least went there),
then went to work at IL before starting up his own recruiting web site - then back to IL.
Xanders used to spend a lot of time on these boards and at LaxPower as well.
Believe he was stat boy for St Paul's and did not play
GaitsRightHand

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by GaitsRightHand »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:32 pm Ty played at St. Paul’s (or at least went there),
then went to work at IL before starting up his own recruiting web site - then back to IL.
Xanders used to spend a lot of time on these boards and at LaxPower as well.
Yes.
He went there and was on the team. Impact player? I hear... not so much. I believe he even said it himself on twitter years back. He then tried the Junior College route, not sure if he played or finished.

Went to IL, then left to start his own thing. He started the "Recruiting Rundown" where he STOLE the name from Joe Lombardi at LaxLessons... My tri-state guys may remember his name. He used to cover all the lacrosse in that area until about 6-7 years ago. TX's website did well and then IL hired him for his own recruiting segment.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Interesting that Chayse Ierlan has not landed anywhere yet. No needs a goalie?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:30 pm Interesting that Chayse Ierlan has not landed anywhere yet. No needs a goalie?
Early rumor was he was headed to Duke. But that slot got filled fairly quickly. There really aren't many playoff level teams looking for a starting goalie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:54 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:05 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:31 pm Wingate: Willie Grieco (A) in portal.
3x First Team AA. Quarterback type. Some eye-popping seasons. Could see some decent schools going after him.

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p

Didn't want to say it back then, but Jax contacted him before the 45-day window. So, I had a feeling that he'd end up there.
What does this mean if had contacted him before the window? Are colleges/coaches allowed to do this?
Means he wanted the kid to feed to C Kav and Dobson next year and so jamming Galloway up here.
I'm not sure what this means? I do not care for ND. I also doubt a d2 kid would end up there.

My anonymous account does not have the capabilities to jam up Galloway, he's doing that with his own actions. Jax has the most transfers out of any program, do you think Grieco was the only kid he contacted early?
He may have meant Xanders...are you Ty?
Are you Geneva? Because I didn't catch that it was Xanders since he didn't quote a single thread with TX's name.

I can assure you I played at the collegiate level, Mr. Xanders cannot say the same... lol
no, not the same cat as Geneva; he played at Hobart, I did not...I simply was guessing as to who Geneva may have meant as "he. I assumed you weren't Ty, but just in case...Ty was on this site aplenty and I assume still frequents it under an alias.

To the actual topic, I'm a bit skeptical about claims of coaches violating explicit rules...just feels like it would be a risk not worth taking. I don't know anything beyond that about Galloway in specific, but I wouldn't assume that just because he and Jax have been active in pulling transfers that they'd need to violate an explicit rule in doing so.

I think the implication was that perhaps Ty is a bit of an ND fan? I dunno if that's accurate or not, but was my guess as to why the reference...of course, he may have meant that about you and the reference about before the 45 day window..."jamming up Galloway". If not an ND fan, Syracuse?
Ahh gotcha.

I agree, not a risk worth taking but this was the first year that the 45-day window was added. So maybe, he just did it on accident. Many possibilities there.

I think Geneva assumes he's a ND fan because of the constant Kav talk by TX. I assume the same. I grew up in NY but not a Cuse fan. Uncle got me into lacrosse after he played at UNC in the 90's. Still follow them, but since I started coaching high school/travel. Now I am just a fan of the sport, and consistently follow all the teams (across all divisions) of kids I used to coach. Help out with recruiting for my travel team so I speak to a lot of coaches who know a lot of things.
Got it. Could have been accidental, or may have been just rumor?
Not everyone has unbiased views...

Your uncle was probably shortly after my time playing(77-80), knew quite a few UNC guys though.

I was a Hoo fan due to my dad being on their first NC team (1952), was recruited there but decided to go north at last minute. My dad served on the Lacrosse Foundation Board for many years, Treasurer, (now US Lacrosse) as did I for a few in the '90's.

Enjoy the coaching and following the kids. If you have any of your own, that's a ton of fun as well. I had a great time coaching my son's teams for a lot of years, then vicariously follow HS kids he coached. He also coached the New Zealand Men's National team in the world games when work took him there. Fun watching that as well! And of course our alma maters.

The game has changed a ton, so much faster, and more terrific athletes per team...not necessarily better, but more of them per team and more teams of such excellence, and obviously the stick technology is night and day enabling speed of ball movement.

But the basics remain...fast and fun to play...and practice...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 pm
AreaLax wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:30 pm Interesting that Chayse Ierlan has not landed anywhere yet. No needs a goalie?
Early rumor was he was headed to Duke. But that slot got filled fairly quickly. There really aren't many playoff level teams looking for a starting goalie.
Wouldn't Hopkins be a thought?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p

I mean if ya get jammed up don’t mention my name…

What I think of Galloway doesn’t matter. But I know that when Kobe was arrested for his actions in Colorado I didn’t think it was cool that he quickly said to the police “I should’ve just paid my women like Shaq does…” rather than address his own issue and pointing the finger elsewhere.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:49 pm IL has a lot more names than we do. Provided that it’s updated regularly, I’m going to stop making changes to this one.

Some interesting portal entrants that we didn’t have:

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Nick Harvath (UMass Lowell)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)
I still say unless it’s a hyper localized need to fill to elevate levels it doesn’t make sense to take kids who haven’t been on teams that have had relative success. This may not mean quarters and beyond but if you’re taking a kid w stats from the A10, ASUN, MAAC, CAA, Big East etc then the risk reward is not great if the kid hasn’t achieved soem
Level of team success.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:53 pm
Doc is already at the Ierlans household offering free legal advice for life!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:25 pm
Please … I offered a 1968 first-pressing copy of Sly and the Family Stone’s “Dance to the Music” album. He politely declined the album (something about NCAA rules, blah, blah, blah), but said he would think about joining PM at Homewood.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:49 pm IL has a lot more names than we do. Provided that it’s updated regularly, I’m going to stop making changes to this one.

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)

I by far prefer your way. Much easier to track!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:50 pm

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)
agreed. i'll speak for everyone, but not going to il or ty for any of this. seems like it may be easier for u 16 to just go with their updates?

obviously a bit of a time suck for you regardless, but appreciated.
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)

Don’t want to run the young man down but if he successfully transfers Pucci will have gone to four schools in five years. I respect trying to live out your dream but is that healthy for the sport?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:38 pm
Please … I offered a 1968 first-pressing copy of Sly and the Family Stone’s “Dance to the Music” album. He politely declined the album (something about NCAA rules, blah, blah, blah), but said he would think about joining PM at Homewood.

DocBarrister 8-)
Don’t worry about those bags of money that have “lawyer doctor blue Jay” printed on them…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bar_down wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:10 pm

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)

Don’t want to run the young man down but if he successfully transfers Pucci will have gone to four schools in five years. I respect trying to live out your dream but is that healthy for the sport?
Ever see Scott Nelson’s kid?

https://lemoynedolphins.com/sports/mens ... elson/5987

Pucci at least is likely trading up on degrees from Juco.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:01 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:50 pm

Steven Schmitt (MSM)
Cole Brams (Utah)
Brandon Aviles (Cuse)
Jack Pucci (Albany)
Mason Edwards (UMBC)
agreed. i'll speak for everyone, but not going to il or ty for any of this. seems like it may be easier for u 16 to just go with their updates?

obviously a bit of a time suck for you regardless, but appreciated.
Yes I also appreciate it - small pick is some of the colors are tough to read
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Maize?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:52 pm

DocBarrister 8-)
Don’t worry about those bags of money that have “lawyer doctor blue Jay” printed on them…
Unfortunately, they turned out to be filled with “Trump Bucks.”

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Jeremy Hopsicker into the portal from ND. Kid was top 50 before he lost his last year due to ACL injury. Kid can play. Wonder where he ends up. Kid will be great addition to any program he goes to. 6’2” lefty attack
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:05 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:52 pm

DocBarrister 8-)
Unfortunately, they turned out to be filled with “Trump Bucks.”

DocBarrister :P
Wait I’m trying to get you violated here for crossing lines liek someone else did.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”