Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Womenslaxxfan

Re: Transfer portal

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

This is silly. Ashley Humphrey as a player would make an instant positive impact on any top 10 team. She has demonstrated better field vision than anyone mentioned above except perhaps Emma ward.
Whether she wants to attend a particular program or whether she meshes as a person I have no idea.
But as a feeder, she’s next level..
timber18888

Post by timber18888 »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:14 am Interested to see where Ashley goes because not a lot of top schools need a feeder.
NU - Coykendall
BC - Davis
Cuse - Ward
DU - she wouldn’t fit their style of offense, and they have Dineen & Penoyer
UNC - Wurzburger & a lot of other feeders
JMU - could use one but Epke & Morgan return
ND - depends on Wolak returning or not
FL - could use her if LoPinto is gone
Loyola - Latch & Wills
UMD - Clevenger

Not that any of these schools couldn’t use another feeder, but not a lot of feeders graduated this year.
Not sure about the other schools but Coykendall is out of eligibility after 2024 so Humphrey would be able to take her spot the season after that (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the year she transfers)
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

For the most part, the idea that coaches (especially top ones) have a hard and fast system, especially on offense, is really outdated.

Whether it is Levy, KAH, AWW, Reese or many other top coaches, most of them evolve their system to their talent.

Yes, some may focus on recruiting size vs. speed, but once on campus they will put in an offense that gets their best 7 offensive players on the field in the best position to win.

Look at NW's offense, last year vs this year. Very different system. Last year was more ''iso" and this year much more "flow". Since KAH suddenly meet Jesus? No. She is smart and experienced enough to leverage the slashing ability of Rhatigan and Taylor to free up Scane and Coykendall for good looks.

Haley Rhatigan didn't fit NW"s system, but she is a great player so KAH adjusted to make it work. The same could be said for many of the other top coaches when they can bring in top talentt.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Demma Hall to Clemson, continuing the Maryland to Clemson pipeline.
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Jordan DeBlasio of Syracuse to Clemson. Talented incoming 2023 class, should be an exciting season for the Tigers (and hopefully in their new home!)
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:54 pm Jordan DeBlasio of Syracuse to Clemson. Talented incoming 2023 class, should be an exciting season for the Tigers (and hopefully in their new home!)
Not a clue who that is
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

jff97 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:13 pm Demma Hall to Clemson, continuing the Maryland to Clemson pipeline.
Man what happened Hall? completely forgot about her. she was very highly touted coming out of HS but could never find her footing at MD. Still very talented. Change of scenery may do her some good.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:20 pm
jff97 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:13 pm Demma Hall to Clemson, continuing the Maryland to Clemson pipeline.
Man what happened Hall? completely forgot about her. she was very highly touted coming out of HS but could never find her footing at MD. Still very talented. Change of scenery may do her some good.
She just never really played. Probably a case of a high level program continuing to bring in high level players year after year and not everyone can see time. MD hasn't gotten a lot out of that class so far. Lipkin looked like a future star as a freshman but her playing time faded towards the end of this year. Major played after missing all of last year with an injury and definitely has some potential. Pretty speedy. The top 5 ranked players in ILWomen's 2021 rankings have done very little so far, with #4 LoPinto the outlier. Younger Hasselbeck (#1), younger Sterling (#2), Agostino (#3) and Hall (#5) have barely played in their first two years.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

intheknow247 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:24 pm Yes, coaches are the only ones with access so anyone proving info has a coach letting them in on the news. With that said:

1. Four Maryland girls are in it, yikes...
2. Chepnik is getting hosed with $ at Clemson and is ticked. Her being removed from current website is because of her departing, she will be on the 2023 roster when you look back from future years - but don't be fooled, Kwolek dictated to have her taken off).
3. Humphries are an interesting story, don't sleep on Ashley leaving Stanford.
4. LoPinto wants more, as do a lot of players, to compete for NCAA title. Cuse is not an option for her though.
Just bumping this up - #3. No one is sleeping now, knew it then!
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Was first commit before the April 2017 recruiting rules changed. #1 in the class as a 8th grader...things change.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 pm Don’t Ashley Humphrey and Wurzburger play the same position?
So do all attackers...
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

user1020 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:14 am Interested to see where Ashley goes because not a lot of top schools need a feeder.
NU - Coykendall
BC - Davis
Cuse - Ward
DU - she wouldn’t fit their style of offense, and they have Dineen & Penoyer
UNC - Wurzburger & a lot of other feeders
JMU - could use one but Epke & Morgan return
ND - depends on Wolak returning or not
FL - could use her if LoPinto is gone
Loyola - Latch & Wills
UMD - Clevenger

Not that any of these schools couldn’t use another feeder, but not a lot of feeders graduated this year.
Having more than ONE feeder is a actually a good thing.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

You can be an amazing feeder but that won't account for much if you don't have great scorers to catch and finish..Katie Hoeg wouldn't have had the success she had if she did not have Jamie Ortega. If you're a player like Ashley that's something you take into consideration because who's around you directly affects how successful you are. So based on that, the shortlist of schools with great attackers becomes very limited.

Her sister Chloe is an incredible talent for those who don't follow HS lacrosse and has stated that Nicole and Ashley helped shaped her game so there's chemistry there. I'm not saying Ashley is going to UNC but to discount it is a bit ridiculous considering other factors. I'd say the top ACC schools, and NW have the best shot at landing her. Maybe MD if they can land a strong attacker.
lacrosselaxin20

intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:31 am
lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 pm Don’t Ashley Humphrey and Wurzburger play the same position?
So do all attackers...
Meant as in low left of crease.
njbill

Post by njbill »

intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 am
Was first commit before the April 2017 recruiting rules changed. #1 in the class as a 8th grader...things change.
Interesting. Maryland also had another similarly situated commit: Emily Lamparter. I believe she committed to Maryland in February 2017 as an eighth grader, two months before the rules changed.

So now both eighth grade MD commits have moved on. Perhaps more evidence that the rule change (with which I heartily agreed although don’t think went far enough) was a good thing.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:40 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 am
Interesting. Maryland also had another similarly situated commit: Emily Lamparter. I believe she committed to Maryland in February 2017 as an eighth grader, two months before the rules changed.

So now both eighth grade MD commits have moved on. Perhaps more evidence that the rule change (with which I heartily agreed although don’t think went far enough) was a good thing.
Actually, the first 2021 commit was Alayna Costa to Navy. She later flipped to Hopkins.

To my knowledge there are only 2 MD players in the portal. Not sure where the number 4 came from. I don't believe that is correct. At least not right now. Definitely could have others enter before the window closes.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t remember the names of all of the HS 2021s who committed while in eighth grade prior to the rule change in April 2017, but I seem to recall there were about eight of them.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:46 pm I don’t remember the names of all of the HS 2021s who committed while in eighth grade prior to the rule change in April 2017, but I seem to recall there were about eight of them.
That number may be a bit high but right ballpark. I think almost all of them, besides Demma, were from Yellowjackets.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:46 pm I don’t remember the names of all of the HS 2021s who committed while in eighth grade prior to the rule change in April 2017, but I seem to recall there were about eight of them.
And I believe none of them met expectations. Lots changes in 4 years.
lacrosselaxin20

hmmm wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:50 pm
That number may be a bit high but right ballpark. I think almost all of them, besides Demma, were from Yellowjackets.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Olivia Adamson was an 8th grader when she committed to Cuse?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”