The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:49 pm Wow, this is pretty crazy.
People just do not want to be seen with anything Bud Light right now.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 239a2&ei=7
Gonna have to buy a Bud Lite in that situation...except I'd go for the full Bud. But get back to the game!

The reality is that this is going to work through over a period of years, and I'd predict will not be in any way relevant to company performance and stock price. Other factors will be far more important than this boycott.

AnBev was at $127 in '16, down to $32 in October of last year, up to $66 in March, now at $55...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:00 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:08 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:39 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:09 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/06/ ... ctivities/
Public school wants to have pride day. Some parents want to protest. Antifa decides to show up to counter-protest/intimidate. It seems LGBTQ is being pushed by something other than right wing media and right wing media is covering it.
You're citing the Daily Signal, my man. You're citing a conservative site, and then telling me that it's "not right wing media" that's pushing this stuff.

Is everyone's plan to just keep making my points for me...? ;)
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm There was a college student who was given a failing grade for using the term "biological women" in a paper. I didn't read the paper. Maybe she deserved an F for the content. If the story is correct, that's someone pushing their ideology and the media pushing the story. Are you blaming the media for this?
No! Guys, come on. Read what I'm telling you.

All I'm saying is: Right Wing media is taking small stories and AMPLIFYING THEM. That's it. That's what I"m communicating to you. I'm not saying that LGBTQ folks aren't fighting for their rights.

I'm simply responding to people claiming that they can't get away from stories about Trans or LGBTQ.....and helping them understand why that's happening. That DailySignal that you JUST cited? They're going to keep running EVERY SINGLE LGBTQ story that they can find, no matter how small....because they're getting paid for clicks.

Want this story to disappear overnight? Stop clicking. This is about 1%ers making mountains out of molehills.

Folks are fighting for their rights, yep. That's happening. I'm not denying that in the least. And I'm also not saying that I agree with everything and anything that's happening in these fights for Civil Rights. My points are about media putting a megaphone to these issues, and they're doing it because it makes them money.

I said upstream, if you kept clicking on stories that claim "water is wet".....you'd be seeing stories on "the wetness of water" 24/7. Folks need to recognize that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. YOU are telling these sites: we want MORE of this LGBTQ stuff.
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
Rights separating church and state?
Life, liberty and happiness?
That's better but I didn't want the rebuttal of what about the muslim's feelings on the letters? It's the intersection of liberty and rights where I was ensuring I carve out right of religious to stomp on the liberties and rights of others.
Religious objectors (to whatever-homosexuality, evolution, gender equality, miscegenation, birth control, etc) may be reminded that their own rights of 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' depend upon the protection of everyone's rights for such.

We are to be free to practice and espouse whatever religion we wish but that means everyone has this right, thus, the very important Constitutional protection that the state cannot prefer or impose the religious beliefs of one over all.

Seems obvious, but some 'religious' folks claim otherwise on the regular.

I think this is more about power than morality.
For those disposed to think in familiar theological or quasi-theological terms, it's more Satan than Jesus, dark side over the light, etc, etc calling to mankind's weaknesses. Power is tempting, and justification of "god" comes all too easy...

That said, many 'believe' strongly...but using the power of the state is the line not to be crossed if one's own rights are to be protected over the long term.

Pretty genius stuff. We need to value it.
Imagine trying to explain Hegelian dialectic to that crowd.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:11 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am Ha! Okay, 1977 Florida...
I could say I forgot but frankly, I doubt I even knew this was happening, nor cared at that point in my life.

Yet you speak with complete confidence that I have no idea what I'm talking about....and you do. ;)
tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am You completely misunderstood my earlier posts and are making my point that the trans movement is just an extension of the decades-established gay movement.
That's your opinion.

My cousin would disagree with your assessment about the "trans movement", btw.

His view, and mine, is that this is all fruit from the same tree, the Constitution. Everyone wants the same rights. That's it. That's as complicated as it gets. You want to say Trans or Gay, or Muslims or whomever....... looking for the same rights everyone other American enjoys have nothing to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 50's and 60's where Black Americans were looking for these very same rights enumerated in the Constitution is just.....foreign to me, and I'll leave it at that.

Agree to disagree, I guess, and move on. I have no interest in going round and round, either....enjoy your week, and enjoyed the back and forth.
May I ask- what is the "Trans Movement?"
What is this demographic looking for and wanting? What rights are being disallowed?
I'm not following this as a marriage or voting rights movement. What is it all about?
The right to not get your a** kicked because you like having fun on Fire Island.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:37 pm
I could say I forgot but frankly, I doubt I even knew this was happening, nor cared at that point in my life.

Yet you speak with complete confidence that I have no idea what I'm talking about....and you do. ;)
tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am You completely misunderstood my earlier posts and are making my point that the trans movement is just an extension of the decades-established gay movement.
That's your opinion.

His view, and mine, is that this is all fruit from the same tree, the Constitution. Everyone wants the same rights. That's it. That's as complicated as it gets. You want to say Trans or Gay, or Muslims or whomever....... looking for the same rights everyone other American enjoys have nothing to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 50's and 60's where Black Americans were looking for these very same rights enumerated in the Constitution is just.....foreign to me, and I'll leave it at that.

Agree to disagree, I guess, and move on. I have no interest in going round and round, either....enjoy your week, and enjoyed the back and forth.
What is this demographic looking for and wanting? What rights are being disallowed?
I'm not following this as a marriage or voting rights movement. What is it all about?

“The transgender rights movement is a movement to promote the legal status of transgender people and to eliminate discrimination and violence against transgender people regarding housing, employment, public accommodations, education, and health care. A major goal of transgender activism is to allow changes to identification documents to conform with a person's current gender identity without the need for gender-affirming surgery or any medical requirements, which is known as gender self-identification.[1][2][3] It is part of the broader LGBT rights movements.”
It's interesting, and likely a bit revealing, that when hard-right wing media talks about this they use "trans movement" rather than "trans rights movement". And folks who consume that media adopt that parlance.

In that worldview, the "movement" is a concerted effort to convert as many people (children especially) as possible to a gender queer status for the activists' (groomers) pleasure. It's not about "rights", it's about abuse. Crazy, but that's the conspiracy theory...and, of course, the Dems and "globalists" are behind this "agenda" and "movement"...the right wing media and politicians and preachers in the pulpit all profit from firing people up to resist the "trans movement".

So, they claim they need to "protect" females from males...seems reasonable, but this means (public accomodations) denying a trans female from using the bathrooms designed for females and forcing them instead to use bathrooms in which they may be vulnerable to bullying and violence with males...in much of Europe this is solved very differently through some basic engineering, with all bathrooms being gender neutral, with private stalls only. Use the first open stall...everyone has privacy and less stalls are needed overall...

That's the sort of thing the right wing activists like to use as a legislative stalking horse...housing and employment discrimination is just assumed to be ok, and not needing discussion, when you can deny someone access to the bathroom or the playing field...
Would you call that a dishonest, bad faith approach and position?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:18 pm

That's your opinion.

“The transgender rights movement is a movement to promote the legal status of transgender people and to eliminate discrimination and violence against transgender people regarding housing, employment, public accommodations, education, and health care. A major goal of transgender activism is to allow changes to identification documents to conform with a person's current gender identity without the need for gender-affirming surgery or any medical requirements, which is known as gender self-identification.[1][2][3] It is part of the broader LGBT rights movements.”
It's interesting, and likely a bit revealing, that when hard-right wing media talks about this they use "trans movement" rather than "trans rights movement". And folks who consume that media adopt that parlance.

In that worldview, the "movement" is a concerted effort to convert as many people (children especially) as possible to a gender queer status for the activists' (groomers) pleasure. It's not about "rights", it's about abuse. Crazy, but that's the conspiracy theory...and, of course, the Dems and "globalists" are behind this "agenda" and "movement"...the right wing media and politicians and preachers in the pulpit all profit from firing people up to resist the "trans movement".

So, they claim they need to "protect" females from males...seems reasonable, but this means (public accomodations) denying a trans female from using the bathrooms designed for females and forcing them instead to use bathrooms in which they may be vulnerable to bullying and violence with males...in much of Europe this is solved very differently through some basic engineering, with all bathrooms being gender neutral, with private stalls only. Use the first open stall...everyone has privacy and less stalls are needed overall...

That's the sort of thing the right wing activists like to use as a legislative stalking horse...housing and employment discrimination is just assumed to be ok, and not needing discussion, when you can deny someone access to the bathroom or the playing field...
For those who know what they're doing, yes.
I give a semi-pass for those who don't realize what they're parroting and why they're being fed it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 pm
tech37 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:32 pm I think you're a smart, very informed guy a fan, it's just that nuance isn't your strong suit. ;)
Touche!! ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:05 pm

That's your opinion.

I give a semi-pass for those who don't realize what they're parroting and why they're being fed it.
Even when they’re intransigent?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Do you know what time each of those photos were taken and by whom?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:05 pm

That's your opinion.

Even when they’re intransigent?
That suggests that they actually do know better, so are in the first category.
But some are just stubbornly brainwashed. Is the emphasis on the 'stubbornly' or on the 'brainwashed?' Mmmm...
How much awareness they truly have is questionable.

But that's why the "semi-pass'...just want to leave the door open to future realization...but there are definitely those who are quite consciously profiting from it, and I'll reserve ire for them...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 pm
Do you know what time each of those photos were taken and by whom?
:lol: Hah!
If you read down in the comments, someone points out that the supposed "Bud Lite" line has Coors Lite and Miller Lite sold in that same "line"...it's obviously not the same time of day.
FyIVs1qaUAAYREB.jpeg
FyIVs1qaUAAYREB.jpeg (250.06 KiB) Viewed 322 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

There is no context given as to what time of day both of these pictures are taken, making it hard to verify whether the Bud Light stand remained empty.
Under the Bud line (non) it says 9:47 PM.
Probably fake but it keeps the frenzy going.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:11 pm
There is no context given as to what time of day both of these pictures are taken, making it hard to verify whether the Bud Light stand remained empty.
Under the Bud line (non) it says 9:47 PM.
Probably fake but it keeps the frenzy going.
That's the timing of the post, right?
Not the time a particular picture was taken much less when both were taken.

Indeed, looks like both were taken during daylight, not after 9PM...

The question is, is there really a "frenzy going"... other than with Twitter trolls?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't know. The whole thing is pretty nuts.
I don't do twitter, clueless what's going on there.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 pm Don't know. The whole thing is pretty nuts.
What’s nuts is perpetuating the nonsense. You see the shadows in one photo and not the other, right? I wonder why these stories won’t go away? It’s strange.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:26 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:31 pm Don't know. The whole thing is pretty nuts.
What’s nuts is perpetuating the nonsense. You see the shadows in one photo and not the other, right? I wonder why these stories won’t go away? It’s strange.
https://youtu.be/gHtXKTHwDDE

https://youtu.be/TDd1ELXZLIg
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:57 pm

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:01 pm

Never actually watched that movie
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:01 pm

Never actually watched that movie
It was very good. Gave it an 7.5/8.0 out of 10. One of my favorite "science fiction" films in some ways. Max Von Sydow was excellent.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

We figured...

Someone brought Bud Light to our civic league meeting tonight. Shockingly, people drank it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:59 pm
Gonna have to buy a Bud Lite in that situation...except I'd go for the full Bud. But get back to the game!

The reality is that this is going to work through over a period of years, and I'd predict will not be in any way relevant to company performance and stock price. Other factors will be far more important than this boycott.

AnBev was at $127 in '16, down to $32 in October of last year, up to $66 in March, now at $55...
A man who is expert in everything and loves to put cradling Putin’s twig and berries in display around here says otherwise. Obviously the stock price only reflects this bit of information and no other information. The “black box” algorithms are given only one variable, so you support LGBTQ. The markets only run on that one variable.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”