The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ohmilax34

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:16 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:08 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:58 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pmUSA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

Again, all I'm discussing is the VOLUME you're seeing...and everyone's media feed is different in 2023.
Left lean? https://www.allsides.com/news-source/us ... media-bias
And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/usa-today-bias-rating/
From your link
A.I. Ratings
A.I. Bias Score
Center

Policy Leanings
Somewhat Liberal

Analyst Ratings
Analyst Bias Score
Somewhat Liberal

Author Bias
Moderately Liberal
That's 3 mentions of liberal and zero of conservative for those keeping score.
Do you think that means “left wing”?

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-wall ... as-rating/

And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-dail ... as-rating/

Your “feed”….for those keeping score.
The daily signal link was one of the first google hits. Definitely not my feed. By looking at the headlines on the site I figured it was conservative/right-wing, but I don't read it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:16 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:08 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:58 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pmUSA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

Again, all I'm discussing is the VOLUME you're seeing...and everyone's media feed is different in 2023.
Left lean? https://www.allsides.com/news-source/us ... media-bias
And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/usa-today-bias-rating/
From your link
A.I. Ratings
A.I. Bias Score
Center

Policy Leanings
Somewhat Liberal

Analyst Ratings
Analyst Bias Score
Somewhat Liberal

Author Bias
Moderately Liberal
That's 3 mentions of liberal and zero of conservative for those keeping score.
Do you think that means “left wing”?

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-wall ... as-rating/

And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-dail ... as-rating/

Your “feed”….for those keeping score.
The daily signal link was one of the first google hits. Definitely not my feed. By looking at the headlines on the site I figured it was conservative/right-wing, but I don't read it.
:D
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pm

Agreed.

Again I ask
Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
Again I ask
Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:27 pm For anyone interested:

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/ran ... h-history/

Yeah….it works like that.
I believe it. But when I search "CNN muslim parents glendale" nothing comes up. I saw it on twitter, but I wanted to send an article here. I actually add "CNN" into my google searches frequently to read that side.
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:25 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:09 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pm

Agreed.

Again I ask
Again I ask
https://www.gale.info/en/database/readi ... -the-quran
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

No problem! I think a lot of the concerns are coming from folks who don't have kids, and so they don't have the slightest idea what's mandated instruction in schools in 2023. I have an eight year old, fwiw.

The Mandated Curriculum we discussed before was Florida's.....

Here's part (part...they have more sections that are far more detailed) of the 2022 Mandatory teachings for FLA public schools. Take a look around. You'll find they MANDATE teachings on anti-semitism, racism, sexism, discrimination of all kinds, the power of meritocracy. There's a week for the Holocaust. Big section on African American experience. Section on women's experience. Section on Hispanic experience.

Andd sex ed, community studies...including mandatory discussions on the family unit. Mandatory instruction on the evils of discrimination. And on and on.

....so looking at all this, and all the things that every Florida school MUST teach, do you think it's reasonable to completely exclude any and all mention whatsoever of LGBTQ? Because that's what's being attempted in many, many States.

They're literally saying: not only do we not acknowledge your existence, we're going to complete ignore, and not discuss discrimination of LGBTQ, while we MANDATE discussions of literally every other form of discrimination in America, and every other form of the American family. How do you discuss family without discussing sexuality? Impossible. You can't....but they're trying.

Does this help?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 03.42.html
Last edited by a fan on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's fine. And there's nothing at all wrong with Conservative sites.

All I'm communicating is: this is where the megaphone on these issues are. And people keep clicking, which also activates the Google algo's.

That's why folks are hearing about this stuff nonstop. You are in control what you see online.....is my point. Well, one of them. ;)
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:38 pm
That's fine. And there's nothing at all wrong with Conservative sites.

All I'm communicating is: this is where the megaphone on these issues are. And people keep clicking, which also activates the Google algo's.

That's why folks are hearing about this stuff nonstop. You are in control what you see online.....is my point. Well, one of them. ;)
Agreed if by "this" you mean both conservative and liberal sites. We just saw the USA Today, which is pretty centrist or liberal leaning (TLD, will you accept that?), with an article that seemed to not tell both sides.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:36 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

No problem! I think a lot of the concerns are coming from folks who don't have kids, and so they don't have the slightest idea what's mandated instruction in schools in 2023. I have an eight year old, fwiw.

The Mandated Curriculum we discussed before was Florida's.....

Here's part (part...they have more sections that are far more detailed) of the 2022 Mandatory teachings for FLA public schools. Take a look around. You'll find they MANDATE teachings on anti-semitism, racism, sexism, discrimination of all kinds, the power of meritocracy. There's a week for the Holocaust. Big section on African American experience. Section on women's experience. Section on Hispanic experience.

Andd sex ed, community studies...including mandatory discussions on the family unit. Mandatory instruction on the evils of discrimination. And on and on.

....so looking at all this, and all the things that every Florida school MUST teach, do you think it's reasonable to completely exclude any and all mention whatsoever of LGBTQ? Because that's what's being attempted in many, many States.

They're literally saying: not only do we not acknowledge your existence, we're going to complete ignore, and not discuss discrimination of LGBTQ, while we MANDATE discussions of literally every other form of discrimination in America, and every other form of the American family. How do you discuss family without discussing sexuality? Impossible. You can't....but they're trying.

Does this help?

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 03.42.html
Thank you! I will look at this and give it some thought.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:31 pm

I believe it. But when I search "CNN muslim parents glendale" nothing comes up. I saw it on twitter, but I wanted to send an article here. I actually add "CNN" into my google searches frequently to read that side.
The events in Glendale either happened as reported or not.
If they did happen, that tells you which media are ignoring or trying to bury the story.
Dismissing the source that reported it, if accurate, is a way to further bury the story.
LA Times, CBS News, Newsweek & ABC (local) all reported the story.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am If you're serious about the civil rights angle, perhaps a civil rights thread should be started where trans oppression examples can be listed along with all other civil rights abuses you and others see out there.
And I clarified similar, not identical.

MLK was called an activist and troublemaker. So were the folks he marched with. And like the fight for trans rights, not everyone was asking for the same things in the Civil Rights era of the 50's and 60's. Yet the media and Americans in general would routinely paint them with the same brush.
Jesus H, please lose the MLK reference. The Dylan = MLK example was a jokey metaphor I used to show how ridiculous it is to compare trans movement to civil rights movement. Talk about apples and oranges.

Now to be much more germane/accurate, go ahead and compare the trans movement to the decades-established gay movement. But just a couple very important differences, the gay revolution/movement did not involve children. Again I'll ask... surly you see that difference? Secondly, it didn't invade/threaten women's established spaces. That's quite new and different as well.

So Dylan? Wasn't activism. That was Dylan accepting a job. That's it. Yet you're telling me that Dylan is getting punished for other's activism, and if I understand correctly, that this is the only reason folks are boycotting.
Never said Dylan was activism. Please go back and read if you need to. I said Dylan was a personality used and supported by activism. Of course Dylan was hired by either AB marketing and/or advertising people. If you can't (or won't) connect the dots between trans activism and Dylan being hired to try expanding that market, not sure what else to say.

"Punished" ?... that's a loaded word on your part. Again, it's the free market. AB tried a provocative ad campaign. It didn't work as anticipated. People were let go. Happens all the time with less provocative advertising/marketing.

That's not all that swell, either. Again, they made the same complaint about MLK.....shut up and go away. We don't want to hear it.

The message sent by the BudLite reaction is: you don't have a say in America, and you can't be visible. You can't sue for equal rights. Get back in the closet where you belong. If you don't, we're going to punish you, and keep you from being able to work like everyone else.
Fine. That's your personal interpretation of things.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am Disagree. Take the trans activism (teachers, doctors, lawyers, corps.) out of it and watch the hate subside. As I said in another post, there will always be haters but they would be marginalized. The Bud Lite reaction is push back to the initial activism push. IMO, the vast majority of Americans just want to be left alone (live, and let live) to live there lives free of activism and political intrusion.
This was another point I was trying to explain. RightWing media is the reason you're hearing about trans for the most part. That, and people talking about them......Chapelle isn't trans. Yet how many millions of Americans heard about trans because if him? That wasn't trans activism "cramming it down your throat". That was Chapelle.

And surely you've notice that these stories are blown up by places like Breitbart?

And then there's this, which you may not have noticed:

LGBTQ people are under siege by a staggering number of bills across the U.S. with a deliberate aim, a new report says: to expunge the community.

So far in 2023, lawmakers in 46 states have introduced more than 650 anti-LGBTQ bills, according to a report by the Movement Advancement Project, or MAP, a think tank that researches LGBTQ issues and laws.

If the US is passing laws taking away Tech's rights, are you just going to shut up and take it, as you are telling these communities to do? Or are you going to defend those rights, vocally?

Let me put it another way: how quiet were millions of Americans when they were asked to wear a simple face mask during Covid? They wouldn't shut up about it. We had to hear 24/7 whining, right?

And that was just for a mask. But you're telling me that Trans don't get to do that.....or America will punish them. You're telling me here that Trans don't have the same Civil Rights you take for granted.
You're all over the place... so we'll agree to disagree on most of this. You and ohmilax can slug it out over the legal stuff. I've addressed what I was interested in addressing, above.

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:04 pm

If they did happen, that tells you which media are ignoring or trying to bury the story.
Dismissing the source that reported it, if accurate, is a way to further bury the story.
You're setting up a strawman where no matter what these Americans do, it's "wrong."

If everyone picks up the story, folks complain that LBGTQ is everywhere, and being shoved down their throats.

If not all outlets pick it up, they're "burying the story".

Maybe this stuff isn't their fault at all, and they just want the same Civil Rights the rest of us enjoy?

How do they get there if what they're doing is "wrong"?
Typical Lax Dad

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/06/07/us/g ... index.html

I guess that’s that..
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:58 pm

You're setting up a strawman where no matter what these Americans do, it's "wrong."

If everyone picks up the story, folks complain that LBGTQ is everywhere, and being shoved down their throats.

Maybe this stuff isn't their fault at all, and they just want the same Civil Rights the rest of us enjoy?

No. I'm pointing out that it's a dishonest diversion to dismiss the story because it was reported in the Daily Signal,
while it was also reported in more established mainstream news sources.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:55 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:58 pm

No. I'm pointing out that it's a dishonest diversion to dismiss the story because it was reported in the Daily Signal,
while it was also reported in more established mainstream news sources.
We're talking past each other. I didn't DISMISS the story. it's a perfectly valid story to run.

We're going round and round, and we need to stop. You're not listening here, I"m sorry to say, so let's stop.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:10 pm Now to be much more germane/accurate, go ahead and compare the trans movement to the decades-established gay movement. But just a couple very important differences, the gay revolution/movement did not involve children.
Sorry man, you're simply wrong. Full stop.

I told you all earlier, we've heard this song before, and it's why I posted the Simpson's reference of the well-worn BS of "think of the children". The played the same "think about the children" card with Black Americans, too......keep 'em out of our schools and "away from our children", remember?

So here ya go: same fight, 50 years ago, Florida Schools, and good ol' Anita Bryant and her "save our children" campaign. She literally incorporated the fight against LGBTQ and children, for heaven's sake......

Save Our Children, Inc. was an American political coalition formed in 1977 in Miami, Florida, to overturn a recently legislated county ordinance that banned discrimination in areas of housing, employment, and public accommodation based on sexual orientation. The coalition was publicly headed by celebrity singer Anita Bryant, who claimed the ordinance discriminated against her right to teach her children biblical morality because the ordinance specifically required parochial Christian schools, like the one her children attended, to hire openly homosexual teachers.[1] It was a well-organized campaign that initiated a bitter political fight between gay activists and Christian fundamentalists. When the repeal of the ordinance went to a vote, it attracted the largest response of any special election in Dade County's history, passing by 70%.[note 1] In response to this vote, a group of gay and lesbian community members formed Pride South Florida, now known as Pride Fort Lauderdale, an organization whose mission was to fight for the rights of the gay and lesbian community in South Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_Our_ ... 20teachers.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:15 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:10 pm Now to be much more germane/accurate, go ahead and compare the trans movement to the decades-established gay movement. But just a couple very important differences, the gay revolution/movement did not involve children.
Sorry man, you're simply wrong. Full stop.

I told you all earlier, we've heard this song before, and it's why I posted the Simpson's reference of the well-worn BS of "think of the children". The played the same "think about the children" card with Black Americans, too......keep 'em out of our schools and "away from our children", remember?

So here ya go: same fight, 50 years ago, Florida Schools, and good ol' Anita Bryant and her "save our children" campaign. She literally incorporated the fight against LGBTQ and children, for heaven's sake......

Save Our Children, Inc. was an American political coalition formed in 1977 in Miami, Florida, to overturn a recently legislated county ordinance that banned discrimination in areas of housing, employment, and public accommodation based on sexual orientation. The coalition was publicly headed by celebrity singer Anita Bryant, who claimed the ordinance discriminated against her right to teach her children biblical morality because the ordinance specifically required parochial Christian schools, like the one her children attended, to hire openly homosexual teachers.[1] It was a well-organized campaign that initiated a bitter political fight between gay activists and Christian fundamentalists. When the repeal of the ordinance went to a vote, it attracted the largest response of any special election in Dade County's history, passing by 70%.[note 1] In response to this vote, a group of gay and lesbian community members formed Pride South Florida, now known as Pride Fort Lauderdale, an organization whose mission was to fight for the rights of the gay and lesbian community in South Florida.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_Our_ ... 20teachers.
But but that was different…..
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

God singled Anita out to spearhead the crusade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fABwascm12s
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:14 pm God singled Anita out to spearhead the crusade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fABwascm12s
Yeah…..this stuff is the number 1 issue facing America….It is laughable. The media doesn’t tell people what to think but it sure as hell tell people what to talk about.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”