The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ohmilax34

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am If you're serious about the civil rights angle, perhaps a civil rights thread should be started where trans oppression examples can be listed along with all other civil rights abuses you and others see out there.
And I clarified similar, not identical.

MLK was called an activist and troublemaker. So were the folks he marched with. And like the fight for trans rights, not everyone was asking for the same things in the Civil Rights era of the 50's and 60's. Yet the media and Americans in general would routinely paint them with the same brush.

So Dylan? Wasn't activism. That was Dylan accepting a job. That's it. Yet you're telling me that Dylan is getting punished for other's activism, and if I understand correctly, that this is the only reason folks are boycotting.

That's not all that swell, either. Again, they made the same complaint about MLK.....shut up and go away. We don't want to hear it.

The message sent by the BudLite reaction is: you don't have a say in America, and you can't be visible. You can't sue for equal rights. Get back in the closet where you belong. If you don't, we're going to punish you, and keep you from being able to work like everyone else.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am Disagree. Take the trans activism (teachers, doctors, lawyers, corps.) out of it and watch the hate subside. As I said in another post, there will always be haters but they would be marginalized. The Bud Lite reaction is push back to the initial activism push. IMO, the vast majority of Americans just want to be left alone (live, and let live) to live there lives free of activism and political intrusion.
This was another point I was trying to explain. RightWing media is the reason you're hearing about trans for the most part. That, and people talking about them......Chapelle isn't trans. Yet how many millions of Americans heard about trans because if him? That wasn't trans activism "cramming it down your throat". That was Chapelle.

And surely you've notice that these stories are blown up by places like Breitbart?

And then there's this, which you may not have noticed:

LGBTQ people are under siege by a staggering number of bills across the U.S. with a deliberate aim, a new report says: to expunge the community.

So far in 2023, lawmakers in 46 states have introduced more than 650 anti-LGBTQ bills, according to a report by the Movement Advancement Project, or MAP, a think tank that researches LGBTQ issues and laws.

If the US is passing laws taking away Tech's rights, are you just going to shut up and take it, as you are telling these communities to do? Or are you going to defend those rights, vocally?

Let me put it another way: how quiet were millions of Americans when they were asked to wear a simple face mask during Covid? They wouldn't shut up about it. We had to hear 24/7 whining, right?

And that was just for a mask. But you're telling me that Trans don't get to do that.....or America will punish them. You're telling me here that Trans don't have the same Civil Rights you take for granted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 552357002/
https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/06/ ... ctivities/
Public school wants to have pride day. Some parents want to protest. Antifa decides to show up to counter-protest/intimidate. It seems LGBTQ is being pushed by something other than right wing media and right wing media is covering it.

There was a college student who was given a failing grade for using the term "biological women" in a paper. I didn't read the paper. Maybe she deserved an F for the content. If the story is correct, that's someone pushing their ideology and the media pushing the story. Are you blaming the media for this?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Those dang Muslims and Islamist’s need to also shut up.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtMMxPJA ... I4NDBkZg==
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 am
LGBTQ people are under siege by a staggering number of bills across the U.S. with a deliberate aim, a new report says: to expunge the community.

So far in 2023, lawmakers in 46 states have introduced more than 650 anti-LGBTQ bills, according to a report by the Movement Advancement Project, or MAP, a think tank that researches LGBTQ issues and laws.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 552357002/
I'm skimming this article. What rights of trans people are being taken away? Can't use the bathroom of your gender identity? That one deserves discussion. Can't play girls' sports if you were born a male? That one deserves discussion. Protecting teachers who refuse to use preferred pronouns? That one deserves discussion. The article seems to imply that all of the answers to these are simple, but they're not.

It seems there are more kids identifying as trans or some other LGBTQ term than ever before, so it makes sense that lawmakers are having to sort some of this out. These aren't all hateful bills, but the article would like the reader to think they are.

And this seems like a left wing media source sensationalizing these things. I wouldn't have heard about this unless I read this article.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/06/ ... ctivities/
Public school wants to have pride day. Some parents want to protest. Antifa decides to show up to counter-protest/intimidate. It seems LGBTQ is being pushed by something other than right wing media and right wing media is covering it.
You're citing the Daily Signal, my man. You're citing a conservative site, and then telling me that it's "not right wing media" that's pushing this stuff.

Is everyone's plan to just keep making my points for me...? ;)
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm There was a college student who was given a failing grade for using the term "biological women" in a paper. I didn't read the paper. Maybe she deserved an F for the content. If the story is correct, that's someone pushing their ideology and the media pushing the story. Are you blaming the media for this?
No! Guys, come on. Read what I'm telling you.

All I'm saying is: Right Wing media is taking small stories and AMPLIFYING THEM. That's it. That's what I"m communicating to you. I'm not saying that LGBTQ folks aren't fighting for their rights.

I'm simply responding to people claiming that they can't get away from stories about Trans or LGBTQ.....and helping them understand why that's happening. That DailySignal that you JUST cited? They're going to keep running EVERY SINGLE LGBTQ story that they can find, no matter how small....because they're getting paid for clicks.

Want this story to disappear overnight? Stop clicking. This is about 1%ers making mountains out of molehills.

Folks are fighting for their rights, yep. That's happening. I'm not denying that in the least. And I'm also not saying that I agree with everything and anything that's happening in these fights for Civil Rights. My points are about media putting a megaphone to these issues, and they're doing it because it makes them money.

I said upstream, if you kept clicking on stories that claim "water is wet".....you'd be seeing stories on "the wetness of water" 24/7. Folks need to recognize that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. YOU are telling these sites: we want MORE of this LGBTQ stuff.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:09 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/06/ ... ctivities/
You're citing the Daily Signal, my man. You're citing a conservative site, and then telling me that it's "not right wing media" that's pushing this stuff.

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm There was a college student who was given a failing grade for using the term "biological women" in a paper. I didn't read the paper. Maybe she deserved an F for the content. If the story is correct, that's someone pushing their ideology and the media pushing the story. Are you blaming the media for this?

All I'm saying is: Right Wing media is taking small stories and AMPLIFYING THEM. That's it. That's what I"m communicating to you. I'm not saying that LGBTQ folks aren't fighting for their rights.

I'm simply responding to people claiming that they can't get away from stories about Trans or LGBTQ.....and helping them understand why that's happening. That DailySignal that you JUST cited? They're going to keep running EVERY SINGLE LGBTQ story that they can find, no matter how small....because they're getting paid for clicks.

Want this story to disappear overnight? Stop clicking. This is about 1%ers making mountains out of molehills.

Folks are fighting for their rights, yep. That's happening. I'm not denying that in the least. And I'm also not saying that I agree with everything and anything that's happening in these fights for Civil Rights. My points are about media putting a megaphone to these issues, and they're doing it because it makes them money.

I said upstream, if you kept clicking on stories that claim "water is wet".....you'd be seeing stories on "the wetness of water" 24/7. Folks need to recognize that this is a self fulfilling prophecy. YOU are telling these sites: we want MORE of this LGBTQ stuff.
Understood. What rights are we talking about here? My post right before this one asks the same question.

Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

It’s the power of the media, which doesn’t influence anyone or what they think. Yeah a teacher gave a student an F for using biological woman. Sounds about right.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm I'm skimming this article. What rights of trans people are being taken away? Can't use the bathroom of your gender identity? That one deserves discussion. Can't play girls' sports if you were born a male? That one deserves discussion.
Agree completely.
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm Protecting teachers who refuse to use preferred pronouns? That one deserves discussion. The article seems to imply that all of the answers to these are simple, but they're not.
Also agree completely!

Respectfully, posters are pushing back on things that they've imagined I've written.....OR, I"m doing a poor job of conveying my thoughts.
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm It seems there are more kids identifying as trans or some other LGBTQ term than ever before
That's right. And we discussed why earlier in this thread. Would you have come out of the closet in the 70's, when you were VERY likely to get beaten to within an inch of your life not just once, but multiple times? Oh, and disowned by your own family, lost your job, etc.? No, right?

So OF COURSE more folks are going to come out if they're made to feel safe. This is LITERALLY what they are fighting for, and folks seem to be unable to understand that, and I can't grasp why, honestly. Would you come out as straight if you knew it was likely to cost you your entire extended family?
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm .....so it makes sense that lawmakers are having to sort some of this out. These aren't all hateful bills, but the article would like the reader to think they are.
I agree here, too. But many of them are. Why would you care about a drag performance, for example? What year is it?
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm And this seems like a left wing media source sensationalizing these things. I wouldn't have heard about this unless I read this article.
USA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

Again, all I'm discussing is the VOLUME you're seeing...and everyone's media feed is different in 2023.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 pm

It’s the power of the media, which doesn’t influence anyone or what they think. Yeah a teacher gave a student an F for using biological woman. Sounds about right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOEex0H_E8
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm I'm skimming this article. What rights of trans people are being taken away? Can't use the bathroom of your gender identity? That one deserves discussion. Can't play girls' sports if you were born a male? That one deserves discussion.
Agree completely.
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm Protecting teachers who refuse to use preferred pronouns? That one deserves discussion. The article seems to imply that all of the answers to these are simple, but they're not.
Also agree completely!

Respectfully, posters are pushing back on things that they've imagined I've written.....OR, I"m doing a poor job of conveying my thoughts.
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm It seems there are more kids identifying as trans or some other LGBTQ term than ever before
That's right. And we discussed why earlier in this thread. Would you have come out of the closet in the 70's, when you were VERY likely to get beaten to within an inch of your life not just once, but multiple times? Oh, and disowned by your own family, lost your job, etc.? No, right?

So OF COURSE more folks are going to come out if they're made to feel safe. This is LITERALLY what they are fighting for, and folks seem to be unable to understand that, and I can't grasp why, honestly. Would you come out as straight if you knew it was likely to cost you your entire extended family?
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm .....so it makes sense that lawmakers are having to sort some of this out. These aren't all hateful bills, but the article would like the reader to think they are.
I agree here, too. But many of them are. Why would you care about a drag performance, for example? What year is it?
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:08 pm And this seems like a left wing media source sensationalizing these things. I wouldn't have heard about this unless I read this article.
USA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

Again, all I'm discussing is the VOLUME you're seeing...and everyone's media feed is different in 2023.
For all the things that people in this country should be concerned with, this is the issue. Ahead of gun violence and lack of real job opportunities for most people across the country. It’s laughable. I see it’s moved ahead of immigration reform. How many bills get passed on that issue?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 pm

You know I was given an F for having a newspaper out when the bell rung for class. It wasn’t away when the bell rung. The teacher and I had history….. Do you know this person’s history in the classroom? I didn’t go on TV BTW. It kept me out of the National Honor Society…..

I don’t think the use of biological woman should result in an F. I don’t know the history of what was transpiring in this class up until that assignment was given. Sounds like the Covington Catholic story. Don’t know all the facts….but hey, it’s on TV.
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 pm
Agree completely.
Also agree completely!

For all the things that people in this country should be concerned with, this is the issue. Ahead of gun violence and lack of real job opportunities for most people across the country. It’s laughable. I see it’s moved ahead of immigration reform. How many bills get passed on that issue?
RFK Jr is talking about guns and immigration.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:40 pm

You know I was given an F for having a newspaper out when the bell rung for class. It wasn’t away when the bell rung. The teacher and I had history….. Do you know this person’s history in the classroom? I didn’t go on TV BTW. It kept me out of the National Honor Society…..

I don’t think the use of biological woman should result in an F. I don’t know the history of what was transpiring in this class up until that assignment was given. Sounds like the Covington Catholic story. Don’t know all the facts….but hey, it’s on TV.
You're right. We don't know the whole story, but I've also seen enough unhinged trans activists in my media feed to know that it's certainly possible.
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:37 pm
Agree completely.
Also agree completely!

RFK Jr is talking about guns and immigration.
What is his fanlax handle?
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pmUSA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

Left lean? https://www.allsides.com/news-source/us ... media-bias
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:40 pm

You're right. We don't know the whole story, but I've also seen enough unhinged trans activists in my media feed to know that it's certainly possible.
I don’t get any. This is probably the closest thing to social media that I am active on. I don’t like, follow, tweet, read comments or add comments attached to articles or any of that nonsense. I was mass media communications minor in college so I have always been sensitive to the power of it. You been reading about Instagram and young girls? I warned my wife about it 15 years ago….

Anything is possible….a woman put her kid in the over… so you are right.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:58 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:20 pmUSA Today is left wing? Don't agree there...but yes, of course media is covering it in general.

And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/usa-today-bias-rating/
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Agreed.

Again I ask
Muslim parents don't want their kids exposed/indoctrinated (use your preferred term) and lgbtq counter protest because the right they're fighting for is___________. I need help with this.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:08 pm

And then there is this:

From your link
A.I. Ratings
A.I. Bias Score
Center

Policy Leanings
Somewhat Liberal

Analyst Ratings
Analyst Bias Score
Somewhat Liberal

Author Bias
Moderately Liberal
That's 3 mentions of liberal and zero of conservative for those keeping score.
Typical Lax Dad

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm

And then there is this:

From your link
A.I. Ratings
A.I. Bias Score
Center

Policy Leanings
Somewhat Liberal

Analyst Ratings
Analyst Bias Score
Somewhat Liberal

Author Bias
Moderately Liberal
Do you think that means “left wing”?

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-wall ... as-rating/

And then there is this:

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-dail ... as-rating/

Your “feed”….for those keeping score.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:16 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:12 pm

And then there is this:

From your link
A.I. Ratings
A.I. Bias Score
Center

Policy Leanings
Somewhat Liberal

Analyst Ratings
Analyst Bias Score
Somewhat Liberal

Author Bias
Moderately Liberal
Do you think that means “left wing”?

https://www.biasly.com/sources/the-wall ... as-rating/
Pretty much. I'm not surprised by the WSJ score. What did you mean by posting it?

Return to “POLITICS”