The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
So I ask you to clarify statements, and that's wrong. But earlier? You're splitting hairs because I didn't say the EXACT words I'm attempting to respond to. Yet here? I ask you to clarify how this issue "involves children", and you pull the teenage girlfriend "if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you." :lol:
I didn't clarify because "involves children" could not be more obvious and I figured you were just gaslighting.

And I could easily have left this alone but just noticed that Norway... "Under the proposed updated guidelines, the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and transition-related surgery would be restricted to research contexts and no longer provided in clinical settings. Norway joins Finland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom in introducing greater safeguarding for children."

Based on prior posts, I suppose you consider these countries, like the US, trans/homophobic too?
I'm happy to respond here. You're asking questions, and I'm answering. Not trying to waste your time, or harass you.

My comments were about Bud Lite. That's it. Not trans in general (operations, etc). So I was right...we were talking past each other again.

I'm in full support of caution and medically driven safeguards, especially for those under 18....even I'm smart enough to understand that hormones are a mess at that age. From reading, it seem most here are in agreement with you on that point. It's a mess, and a sticky wicket------some of these kids are in emotional turmoil, and feel a drive to feel "normal" and comfortable with themselves. I really feel for folks who aren't comfortable with their sexuality...whatever that may mean.

It's a rough ride. I have a cousin who transitioned in his 30's after serving in the Army. Just got his nursing degree, finished Magna Cum Laude. It's been a tough life for him so far, but it's getting better according to him. This Bud Lite thing hurt him deeply, btw. Put yourself in his shoes....millions of Americans hate you so much, they're willing to boycott their favorite beer. Doesn't matter how secure you are...that stuff hurts.

I agree with DMac's point, though....... after Americans lost their minds over this silliness......people are now likely to not buy Bud Lite to stay out of the conversation entirely.
I drank it the other night not because I give two s**ta about pushing a cause but because I would love for some a**hat to step up and start a lecture or other behavior with me because I’m drinking it (and I just wanted cheap light american piss beer and that was as good as any other option). Just like as a rep in DC at Stetsons on the U st corridor when some drunk emancipated fool tries getting in my face because “this is a Democrat bar” to which I told him I am going to take all the girls out of there and give them some Republican ####. (Local 16th and 18th st lounge we’re better bars anyways)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:37 pm Speaking of Bud Light, yesterday had day drinking in the air for some reason. Highly unusual and pretty much out of character for me but somehow the porch of my favorite watering hole was calling loudly. Might have been because Alicia works on Mondays (only), also could have been because it was a very comfortable 75 degrees with a nice breeze and it felt like that would be a nice place to be so my buddy and I went. Have had a chive with a nice purple flower in bloom in my garden for a few days, pretty little flower. Had to pick it and put it in a fancy vase to take to Alicia. Could not have worked better, when we opened the door Alicia was standing right at that end of the bar and asked, "Oh, what's that?" Of course I said it's a little flower that's been growing in my garden, it's so pretty that every time I saw it I thought of you so I thought I should pick it and bring it in to you. Need I say she loved it? I told her not only could she look at it and enjoy it's beauty, but when she's done doing that she can eat it too. She had no idea it was a chive (she aint a stupid gal). I'm sayin' all in all it was a pretty smooth move.
For whatever reason, Judge Neri came over to have a little chat with us on the porch. A real pain in the asz you can't tell a phukin thing to...he's the judge, ya know, they talk and you listen. I've never heard more back pedaling and downplaying than when I asked him how he feels about how marijuana has been handled for the last 50 years (he was a Chief Of Police before becoming a judge). He said that no one ever cared about marijuana and it was just a violation which no one ever went to jail for in NY. After I told him he was full of schidt and I didn't buy one word of that the conversation went kind of down hill...you don't talk to a judge like that, ya know. I told him he'd have to prove that to me, he told me he could and was scrolling through his phone for quite awhile to try to find something. We were all done and ready to leave before he ever came over so I told him when he finds the link (he aint gonna) give it to Alicia and I'll get it from her next time I see her. When we were leaving, putting my helmet on I fired up a joint and got some nice big puffs of smoke going because the breeze was blowing right in the direction where the judge and his retired cop buddies were sitting. Another one that couldn't have worked better. Got a, "oh yeah, we smell pot...ha, ha, ha." In said I did that just for you and your boys, judge..enjoy. I don't like the judge.
This is the judge in his black hat...ooops, I mean toupee.
https://www.syracuse.com/opinion/2018/1 ... judge.html
Meet Alicia the sweetie (picture doesn't really do her justice) and her pretty little flower.
Straight pimpin! That’s what I’m talking about.

Get it get It get It
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:37 pm Speaking of Bud Light, yesterday had day drinking in the air for some reason. Highly unusual and pretty much out of character for me but somehow the porch of my favorite watering hole was calling loudly. Might have been because Alicia works on Mondays (only), also could have been because it was a very comfortable 75 degrees with a nice breeze and it felt like that would be a nice place to be so my buddy and I went. Have had a chive with a nice purple flower in bloom in my garden for a few days, pretty little flower. Had to pick it and put it in a fancy vase to take to Alicia. Could not have worked better, when we opened the door Alicia was standing right at that end of the bar and asked, "Oh, what's that?" Of course I said it's a little flower that's been growing in my garden, it's so pretty that every time I saw it I thought of you so I thought I should pick it and bring it in to you. Need I say she loved it? I told her not only could she look at it and enjoy it's beauty, but when she's done doing that she can eat it too. She had no idea it was a chive (she aint a stupid gal). I'm sayin' all in all it was a pretty smooth move.
For whatever reason, Judge Neri came over to have a little chat with us on the porch. A real pain in the asz you can't tell a phukin thing to...he's the judge, ya know, they talk and you listen. I've never heard more back pedaling and downplaying than when I asked him how he feels about how marijuana has been handled for the last 50 years (he was a Chief Of Police before becoming a judge). He said that no one ever cared about marijuana and it was just a violation which no one ever went to jail for in NY. After I told him he was full of schidt and I didn't buy one word of that the conversation went kind of down hill...you don't talk to a judge like that, ya know. I told him he'd have to prove that to me, he told me he could and was scrolling through his phone for quite awhile to try to find something. We were all done and ready to leave before he ever came over so I told him when he finds the link (he aint gonna) give it to Alicia and I'll get it from her next time I see her. When we were leaving, putting my helmet on I fired up a joint and got some nice big puffs of smoke going because the breeze was blowing right in the direction where the judge and his retired cop buddies were sitting. Another one that couldn't have worked better. Got a, "oh yeah, we smell pot...ha, ha, ha." In said I did that just for you and your boys, judge..enjoy. I don't like the judge.
Meet Alicia the sweetie (picture doesn't really do her justice) and her pretty little flower.
That is straight trouble dmac.....thanks for the photo.

That judge reminds me of a used car salesman during the week, and a televangelist on the weekends. He probably went to Dartmouth or Hobart. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

I'd be there every Friday and Saturday night! Alicia can get it! :D :D

Joe
DMac

Post by DMac »

She's a sweetie, youth. 5'10", played lacrosse for about fifteen seconds, always looks nice, never trashy. Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs (not sayin' it's always been that way but she straightened her act out and has been straight for a long time now). Wouldn't call her a great bartender, works at her own pace but with Alicia it just doesn't seem to much matter. I have a hard time paying for a drink when she's there, she just always treats us great (and vice versa).
It gets better with the judge. We had a brief lacrosse discussion with him too, he was telling us how the white man phukked the game up. Before he got involved you weren't allowed to come back over the line once you crossed it. Think about that one for a minute...what lines? Of course we asked what line, the midfield line? No, not that one, the other line. The restraining line? Yeah, that one. I was not nice to this annoying pain in the asz, again, I told him he had no idea what he was talking about and that was all horseschit. That was another one I told him he'd never be able to prove to me because it just aint so. The judge doesn't like to be told he's wrong. Big horsesasz.....but I do hope I see him again.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:17 pm She's a sweetie, youth. 5'10", played lacrosse for about fifteen seconds, always looks nice, never trashy. Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs (not sayin' it's always been that way but she straightened her act out and has been straight for a long time now). Wouldn't call her a great bartender, works at her own pace but with Alicia it just doesn't seem to much matter. I have a hard time paying for a drink when she's there, she just always treats us great (and vice versa).
It gets better with the judge. We had a brief lacrosse discussion with him too, he was telling us how the white man phukked the game up. Before he got involved you weren't allowed to come back over the line once you crossed it. Think about that one for a minute...what lines? Of course we asked what line, the midfield line? No, not that one, the other line. The restraining line? Yeah, that one. I was not nice to this annoying pain in the asz, again, I told him he had no idea what he was talking about and that was all horseschit. That was another one I told him he'd never be able to prove to me because it just aint so. The judge doesn't like to be told he's wrong. Big horsesasz.....but I do hope I see him again.
Outside of the courtroom you can tell him anything you want, including that he looks like Art Fern.
IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg (92.42 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

That judge reminds me of a used car salesman during the week, and a televangelist on the weekends. He probably went to Dartmouth or Hobart. ;) :lol:
Electrical engineer project mgr. I hear all the blowhard stories. My wife comes home from the Meta job site shes at 60% of the time and tells me how they all Cliff Claven each other. The best is when I gets texts and she’s passing along these guys talking about economics, banking etc like Nobel Prize Economists and she’s been around enough of my business calls to know more than they do. In fact they talk down to her and she tells me about it and they’re completely wrong about those topics. But staggering amount of confidence. More than once they should be fired and she could have them bounced but bass more class than those electricians.

Must be the insecurity of certain types of trade labor and related. I find people who use LOL are generally crying inside as well.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:25 pm

Electrical engineer project mgr. I hear all the blowhard stories. My wife comes home from the Meta job site shes at 60% of the time and tells me how they all Cliff Claven each other. The best is when I gets texts and she’s passing along these guys talking about economics, banking etc like Nobel Prize Economists and she’s been around enough of my business calls to know more than they do. In fact they talk down to her and she tells me about it and they’re completely wrong about those topics. But staggering amount of confidence. More than once they should be fired and she could have them bounced but bass more class than those electricians.

Must be the insecurity of certain types of trade labor and related. I find people who use LOL are generally crying inside as well.
:lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 pm Outside of the courtroom you can tell him anything you want, including that he looks like Art Fern.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG, a s, that's just way too funny and thanks for that!!
Now I'm dying to see the judge again. Gotta tell him, ya know the last time we met it was driving me a little nuts trying to figure out where I knew you from or where I had seen you before. Was thinking it was maybe on the news for some case you were on or some decision you had made or something along those lines. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, ART FERN, that's why you look so familiar, you look just like him.
Definitely a striking resemblance there, good eye.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Got the perfect Bud Light new commercial. Don’t forget the antenna!

https://youtu.be/hvfbq9ENNyI
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
So I ask you to clarify statements, and that's wrong. But earlier? You're splitting hairs because I didn't say the EXACT words I'm attempting to respond to. Yet here? I ask you to clarify how this issue "involves children", and you pull the teenage girlfriend "if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you." :lol:
I didn't clarify because "involves children" could not be more obvious and I figured you were just gaslighting.

And I could easily have left this alone but just noticed that Norway... "Under the proposed updated guidelines, the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and transition-related surgery would be restricted to research contexts and no longer provided in clinical settings. Norway joins Finland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom in introducing greater safeguarding for children."

Based on prior posts, I suppose you consider these countries, like the US, trans/homophobic too?
I'm happy to respond here. You're asking questions, and I'm answering. Not trying to waste your time, or harass you.

My comments were about Bud Lite. That's it. Not trans in general (operations, etc). So I was right...we were talking past each other again.
Again, let's be accurate. "children" came up due to your comment that the trans movement and the civil rights movement are comparable. Remember? So now I've addressed "children" because you asked for clarification. Right?

If you're serious about the civil rights angle, perhaps a civil rights thread should be started where trans oppression examples can be listed along with all other civil rights abuses you and others see out there.

I'm in full support of caution and medically driven safeguards, especially for those under 18....even I'm smart enough to understand that hormones are a mess at that age. From reading, it seem most here are in agreement with you on that point. It's a mess, and a sticky wicket------some of these kids are in emotional turmoil, and feel a drive to feel "normal" and comfortable with themselves. I really feel for folks who aren't comfortable with their sexuality...whatever that may mean.
Agreed.

It's a rough ride. I have a cousin who transitioned in his 30's after serving in the Army. Just got his nursing degree, finished Magna Cum Laude. It's been a tough life for him so far, but it's getting better according to him. This Bud Lite thing hurt him deeply, btw. Put yourself in his shoes....millions of Americans hate you so much, they're willing to boycott their favorite beer. Doesn't matter how secure you are...that stuff hurts.
Disagree. Take the trans activism (teachers, doctors, lawyers, corps.) out of it and watch the hate subside. As I said in another post, there will always be haters but they would be marginalized. The Bud Lite reaction is push back to the initial activism push. IMO, the vast majority of Americans just want to be left alone (live, and let live) to live there lives free of activism and political intrusion.

Remember the infamous saying "it's the economy stupid"? Well, in 2023 it should be "it's the activism stupid".

I agree with DMac's point, though....... after Americans lost their minds over this silliness......people are now likely to not buy Bud Lite to stay out of the conversation entirely.
Seems reasonable. But of course, Bud Lite is just a symptom.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:17 pm She's a sweetie, youth. 5'10", played lacrosse for about fifteen seconds, always looks nice, never trashy. Doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs (not sayin' it's always been that way but she straightened her act out and has been straight for a long time now). Wouldn't call her a great bartender, works at her own pace but with Alicia it just doesn't seem to much matter. I have a hard time paying for a drink when she's there, she just always treats us great (and vice versa).
Dmac, your post help me regain faith in humanity. My only point of contention is about the gifting of the chive..I have them in my own little vegetable garden and they are in full bloom right now. I prefer a chive with a fine chop mixed with sour cream and topped on a steaming hot baked potato. :D Firing up a Doobie so the judge could get a good whiff...I love it.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta love this one, Monty Python from about forty years ago (I think).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:47 am Gotta love this one, Monty Python from about forty years ago (I think).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
Looks like the individual was impregnated by a keg of Bud light. I question if it was 40 years ago by the ink.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Talking about the YouTube video, click on that.
That's from a long time ago and the pregnant man (how nuts is that?) is this guy.
https://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-transge ... 39114.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:11 am Talking about the YouTube video, click on that.
That's from a long time ago and the pregnant man (how nuts is that?) is this guy.
https://news.yahoo.com/pregnant-transge ... 39114.html
Was it a boy or a girl??
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not sure, it's not all that easy to identify gender these days, ya know.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

;)
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am If you're serious about the civil rights angle, perhaps a civil rights thread should be started where trans oppression examples can be listed along with all other civil rights abuses you and others see out there.
And I clarified similar, not identical.

MLK was called an activist and troublemaker. So were the folks he marched with. And like the fight for trans rights, not everyone was asking for the same things in the Civil Rights era of the 50's and 60's. Yet the media and Americans in general would routinely paint them with the same brush.

So Dylan? Wasn't activism. That was Dylan accepting a job. That's it. Yet you're telling me that Dylan is getting punished for other's activism, and if I understand correctly, that this is the only reason folks are boycotting.

That's not all that swell, either. Again, they made the same complaint about MLK.....shut up and go away. We don't want to hear it.

The message sent by the BudLite reaction is: you don't have a say in America, and you can't be visible. You can't sue for equal rights. Get back in the closet where you belong. If you don't, we're going to punish you, and keep you from being able to work like everyone else.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am Disagree. Take the trans activism (teachers, doctors, lawyers, corps.) out of it and watch the hate subside. As I said in another post, there will always be haters but they would be marginalized. The Bud Lite reaction is push back to the initial activism push. IMO, the vast majority of Americans just want to be left alone (live, and let live) to live there lives free of activism and political intrusion.
This was another point I was trying to explain. RightWing media is the reason you're hearing about trans for the most part. That, and people talking about them......Chapelle isn't trans. Yet how many millions of Americans heard about trans because if him? That wasn't trans activism "cramming it down your throat". That was Chapelle.

And surely you've notice that these stories are blown up by places like Breitbart?

And then there's this, which you may not have noticed:

LGBTQ people are under siege by a staggering number of bills across the U.S. with a deliberate aim, a new report says: to expunge the community.

So far in 2023, lawmakers in 46 states have introduced more than 650 anti-LGBTQ bills, according to a report by the Movement Advancement Project, or MAP, a think tank that researches LGBTQ issues and laws.

If the US is passing laws taking away Tech's rights, are you just going to shut up and take it, as you are telling these communities to do? Or are you going to defend those rights, vocally?

Let me put it another way: how quiet were millions of Americans when they were asked to wear a simple face mask during Covid? They wouldn't shut up about it. We had to hear 24/7 whining, right?

And that was just for a mask. But you're telling me that Trans don't get to do that.....or America will punish them. You're telling me here that Trans don't have the same Civil Rights you take for granted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 552357002/
Last edited by a fan on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am If you're serious about the civil rights angle, perhaps a civil rights thread should be started where trans oppression examples can be listed along with all other civil rights abuses you and others see out there.
And I clarified similar, not identical.

MLK was called an activist and troublemaker. So were the folks he marched with. And like the fight for trans rights, not everyone was asking for the same things. Yet the media and Americans in general would routinely pain them with the same brush.

So Dylan? Wasn't activism. That was Dylan accepting a job. That's it. Yet you're telling me that Dylan is getting punished for other's activism, and if I understand correctly, that this is the only reason folks are boycotting.

That's not all that swell, either. Again, they made the same complaint about MLK.....shut up and go away. We don't want to hear it.

The message sent by the BudLite reaction is: you don't have a say in America, and you can't be visible. You can't sue for equal rights. Get back in the closet where you belong. If you don't, we're going to punish you, and keep you from being able to work like everyone else.
tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:02 am Disagree. Take the trans activism (teachers, doctors, lawyers, corps.) out of it and watch the hate subside. As I said in another post, there will always be haters but they would be marginalized. The Bud Lite reaction is push back to the initial activism push. IMO, the vast majority of Americans just want to be left alone (live, and let live) to live there lives free of activism and political intrusion.
This was another point I was trying to explain. RightWing media is the reason you're hearing about trans for the most part. That, and people talking about them......Chapelle isn't trans. Yet how many millions of Americans heard about trans because if him? That wasn't trans activism "cramming it down your throat". That was Chapelle.

And surely you've notice that these stories are blown up by places like Breitbart?

And then there's this, which you may not have noticed:

LGBTQ people are under siege by a staggering number of bills across the U.S. with a deliberate aim, a new report says: to expunge the community.

So far in 2023, lawmakers in 46 states have introduced more than 650 anti-LGBTQ bills, according to a report by the Movement Advancement Project, or MAP, a think tank that researches LGBTQ issues and laws.

If the US is passing laws taking away Tech's rights, are you just going to shut up and take it, as you are telling these communities to do? Or are you going to defend those rights, vocally?

Let me put it another way: how quiet were millions of Americans when they were asked to wear a simple face mask during Covid? They wouldn't shut up about it. We had to hear 24/7 whining, right?

And that was just for a mask. But you're telling me that Trans don't get to do that.....or America will punish them. You're telling me here that Trans don't have the same Civil Rights you take for granted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 552357002/
Yes. That’s what he is telling you. They don’t deserve the rights that every other American receives.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 482242002/

A day after returning home in December 1964 from a tour whose most important stop was Oslo, the Nobel Laureate for Peace joined a picket line at Atlanta’s Scripto Pen factory, where some 700 workers were striking for better wages for less skilled employees. Though it was a remarkably humble gesture for someone who had received such a lofty affirmation, King’s actions that day and his call for a nationwide boycott of Scripto products won him few friends in his hometown’s white, staunchly anti-union business community.

Good thing ol’ Marty wasn’t sent a can of Bud Light with his photo on it.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”