THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GSP

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by GSP »

At least he will not need to rely upon HIS wife to finish his term nor will he allow himself to be slapped around by a syphilitic Frenchman. And do not forget that whole setting World War Two in motion thing either.

Apparently, they do not have History classes at JHU either.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Quite impressive that this active thread has zoomed from 100 pages to 128 in a mere two weeks . Not sure dissecting a still live body after the OSU loss was humane but looking forward to watching the game tonight and reading the post game reactions . Does appear to have make or break consequences for JHU . Out of self interest will be rooting against to be frank despite my respect for their history and following.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

GSP wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:25 am At least he will not need to rely upon HIS wife to finish his term nor will he allow himself to be slapped around by a syphilitic Frenchman. And do not forget that whole setting World War Two in motion thing either.

I didn't go to Hopkins. But I can still tell that you are a humorless douche.

Great Woodrow Wilson reference BTW. Super funny. :roll:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 am win or go (to) home(wood).

there's no case for an at large if we lose.
More like with a loss "it depends," but that headline doesn't look as good.

I believe an at-large is unlikely with a loss, but not a 100% done deal out.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

Looking forward to two great BIG10 games tonight. Heard this locally and if true, game changer for Hopkins. Apparently Petro has just discovered this Laxpower Backup site. After reading the entire Hopkins thread, Petro has concluded that Zinn and Coulter are the answer. Then I heard he declared to the entire team yesterday, that there will not be one Middie under 6 ft on the field the rest of the year. No exceptions! After Petro's enlightenment , he proceeded to tell the rest of his staff to read entire Hopkins thread and make some changes. Heard Benson is putting William’s on man up. Quinn wasn’t even aware of Darby’s inability to handle an outside shot, that is changing. Good stuff

Predictions. Hop starts the game off like a Lion going after their prey tonight. Totally manhandles and lays waste to the Terps with ease. Takes on Penn State in ship and shows them what being Physical actually means. Automatic qualifier gets them into the Big Show , and as they say , the rest is history with Johns Hopkins going on to win their 45th Championship in a record breaking third win over Maryland. Heard it here first!
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Chuckman wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:01 pm Looking forward to two great BIG10 games tonight. Heard this locally and if true, game changer for Hopkins. Apparently Petro has just discovered this Laxpower Backup site. After reading the entire Hopkins thread, Petro has concluded that Zinn and Coulter are the answer. Then I heard he declared to the entire team yesterday, that there will not be one Middie under 6 ft on the field the rest of the year. No exceptions! After Petro's enlightenment , he proceeded to tell the rest of his staff to read entire Hopkins thread and make some changes. Heard Benson is putting William’s on man up. Quinn wasn’t even aware of Darby’s inability to handle an outside shot, that is changing. Good stuff

Predictions. Hop starts the game off like a Lion going after their prey tonight. Totally manhandles and lays waste to the Terps with ease. Takes on Penn State in ship and shows them what being Physical actually means. Automatic qualifier gets them into the Big Show , and as they say , the rest is history with Johns Hopkins going on to win their 45th Championship in a record breaking third win over Maryland. Heard it here first!
Thanks for making me smile.
Now Petro had better make me smile tonight, or I'm calling the USNA and we'll talk trade.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Henpecked wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:56 am
GSP wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:25 am At least he will not need to rely upon HIS wife to finish his term nor will he allow himself to be slapped around by a syphilitic Frenchman. And do not forget that whole setting World War Two in motion thing either.

I didn't go to Hopkins. But I can still tell that you are a humorless douche.

Great Woodrow Wilson reference BTW. Super funny. :roll:
I’d say douchenozzle would be a better description of that person.

Reminds me of MARTY BASS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

44WeWantMore wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:40 pm Thanks for making me smile.
Now Petro had better make me smile tonight, or I'm calling the USNA and we'll talk trade.
:lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My game within a game .02cents. Gonna be a fun one.

I'd expect a heavy dose of JHU SSDM's getting exhausted by halftime, as a game plan by JL. Terps know how to play slow and know how to get players in ideal spots. JHU will need some some lofty support for their dmids and slides. I expect to see long carries across the top and down the alley to keep the dmids motor running...terps have more midfield depth than JHU does on dmids.

I also expect JHU to shoot a ton. Benson will likely use a bunch of screens and picks off the wings to try and breakdown the Terps D and find faults in their communication to switch, stay, or trap.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Random note but I just came across 2019 recruit Owen Murphy's highlights from his sophomore year of high school. These don’t have many views. He is definitely very talented, but he is playing against some weak competition and the video has poor editing.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6938298/59 ... 2a9c409ac3
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

ABClaxfan wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:18 pm Random note but I just came across 2019 recruit Owen Murphy's highlights from his sophomore year of high school. These don’t have many views. He is definitely very talented, but he is playing against some weak competition and the video has poor editing.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6938298/59 ... 2a9c409ac3
Murphy is skilled and an excellent shooter. He transferred to Avon Old Farms last year so he's seeing better competition now.
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:56 pm My game within a game .02cents. Gonna be a fun one.

I'd expect a heavy dose of JHU SSDM's getting exhausted by halftime, as a game plan by JL. Terps know how to play slow and know how to get players in ideal spots. JHU will need some some lofty support for their dmids and slides. I expect to see long carries across the top and down the alley to keep the dmids motor running...terps have more midfield depth than JHU does on dmids.

I also expect JHU to shoot a ton. Benson will likely use a bunch of screens and picks off the wings to try and breakdown the Terps D and find faults in their communication to switch, stay, or trap.
Sounds about right. Jones and Hubler will have to dig deep tonight. They're going to get worked. Jays poles have to do a better job of supporting them. But between Coulter and McManus, we now have way more depth at the SSDM position than we did when we started the season. No excuse for guys to get tired.

Let's get this W tonight.
Chitown

Post by Chitown »

I really mean that this song "Never Gets Old"

Go Blue!

Chitown wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:45 pm It never gets old !

https://youtu.be/WwrD-fWJbBU

Lets win on Thursday
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Chitown wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:56 pm I really mean that this song "Never Gets Old"

Go Blue!

Lets win on Thursday
Isn’t Go Blue a Michigan cheer?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Robert Kuhn appeared on the Inside Lacrosse podcast this week. I hope tonight is not his last game as a Blue Jay, but either way he has acquitted himself extremely well on and off the field. Sounds like a great kid. Last year's seniors made a good choice in picking who would wear #19 this year.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... rphy/54409
Chitown

Post by Chitown »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 pm
Chitown wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:56 pm I really mean that this song "Never Gets Old"

Go Blue!

Lets win on Thursday
Isn’t Go Blue a Michigan cheer?
No. :)
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Looking like the winner tonight gets Penn State. This is good for Hopkins (if they win).

Drexel currently leading UMass by 7. This is also probably good for Hopkins.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
DocBarrister

Game of Thrones Moment for Blue Jays

Post by DocBarrister »

Our Blue Jays face oblivion or glory this evening.

Will they be like the Dothraki, charging with great fervor against the dead (aka Maryland), only to be quickly extinguished?

Or will they be like stealthy Arya Stark, sneaking up on the Night King, finishing the Terps off and causing Cooter to shatter into a million pieces?

We’ll see ....

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Drcthru wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 pm Duh!! Yes!!
https://www.google.com/search?safe=acti ... 82&bih=577
Thanks.

UM sure does cause some interesting T-shirts to be created:
BE605829-6986-4E6D-90C8-FDF314B08ABA.jpeg
BE605829-6986-4E6D-90C8-FDF314B08ABA.jpeg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
738FFB97-DC72-4A42-9968-B1E806F53C7A.jpeg
738FFB97-DC72-4A42-9968-B1E806F53C7A.jpeg (212.78 KiB) Viewed 3294 times

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”