The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:40 am Don't have the answers to any of those questions and certainly don't have a link to Bud commercials. It was a simple drink beer to have a good time ad, guess it just happened to be raining and the girls got caught in it during the shooting. What I took from the ad was groveling.
“Raining” what?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:40 am Don't have the answers to any of those questions and certainly don't have a link to Bud commercials. It was a simple drink beer to have a good time ad, guess it just happened to be raining and the girls got caught in it during the shooting. What I took from the ad was groveling.
But you said “back to the basics”…anyway..I don’t drink it. If there is nothing else, I drink water.
Basics mean not anything like brokeback Mountain. Maybe not intended but reads like do your thing but I don’t ever want to see it.

I don’t want to see dudes getting after it either but if they ever made a real Schmitz Gay Beer ad I would probably watch it repeatedly laughing my a** off.

The key is the stay awake while not being a player hater - Stic Man
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 am
But you said “back to the basics”…anyway..I don’t drink it. If there is nothing else, I drink water.
Basics mean not anything like brokeback Mountain. Maybe not intended but reads like do your thing but I don’t ever want to see it.

I don’t want to see dudes getting after it either but if they ever made a real Schmitz Gay Beer ad I would probably watch it repeatedly laughing my a** off.

I can only assume that the people at AB understand that gay folks drink beer, too. No mystery. Just stupidity at all the hoopla over this.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:00 am

I can only assume that the people at AB understand that gay folks drink beer, too. No mystery. Just stupidity at all the hoopla over this.
Yes and those who have an agenda against TQs cite the CEO selling his new marketing woman out as evidence when all its evidence of is that he’s a bad manager who doesn’t support his middle management appropriately.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Expanding a market to include as many people as possible is un-American.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Who says that?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:30 amWho says that?
The many people that are outraged by the one can that had a transgender person’s face on it….actions speak louder than words.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinsto ... 5302f29645

….But put a transgender person’s face on a can to try to sell more beer and all hell breaks loose….
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am
The many people that are outraged by the one can that had a transgender person’s face on it….actions speak louder than words.
I very much doubt they think that.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am
I very much doubt they think that.
You are probably right.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am

Expanding a market to include as many people as possible is un-American.
Unless it’s guns!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:38 am https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinsto ... 5302f29645

….But put a transgender person’s face on a can to try to sell more beer and all hell breaks loose….
They call that “Tuesday night” at UA I believe.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

The key is the stay awake while not being a play hater - Stic Manex
Exactly. Corporations don’t have allies, they have customers. They are amoral actors.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:07 pm

Exactly. Corporations don’t have allies, they have customers. They are amoral actors.
Jordan: "Republicans wear shoes, too".
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:23 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:07 pm

Jordan: "Republicans wear shoes, too".
Because that’s what winners do.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/michael- ... 723d1b2d83
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trolling fascists is great fun! Glad to see so many enjoying the sport. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:00 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
So I ask you to clarify statements, and that's wrong. But earlier? You're splitting hairs because I didn't say the EXACT words I'm attempting to respond to. Yet here? I ask you to clarify how this issue "involves children", and you pull the teenage girlfriend "if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you." :lol:
I didn't clarify because "involves children" could not be more obvious and I figured you were just gaslighting.

And I could easily have left this alone but just noticed that Norway... "Under the proposed updated guidelines, the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and transition-related surgery would be restricted to research contexts and no longer provided in clinical settings. Norway joins Finland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom in introducing greater safeguarding for children."

Based on prior posts, I suppose you consider these countries, like the US, trans/homophobic too?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
So I ask you to clarify statements, and that's wrong. But earlier? You're splitting hairs because I didn't say the EXACT words I'm attempting to respond to. Yet here? I ask you to clarify how this issue "involves children", and you pull the teenage girlfriend "if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you." :lol:
I didn't clarify because "involves children" could not be more obvious and I figured you were just gaslighting.

And I could easily have left this alone but just noticed that Norway... "Under the proposed updated guidelines, the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and transition-related surgery would be restricted to research contexts and no longer provided in clinical settings. Norway joins Finland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom in introducing greater safeguarding for children."

Based on prior posts, I suppose you consider these countries, like the US, trans/homophobic too?
Good to see you posting again Tech. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm

I'm happy to respond here. You're asking questions, and I'm answering. Not trying to waste your time, or harass you.

My comments were about Bud Lite. That's it. Not trans in general (operations, etc). So I was right...we were talking past each other again.

I'm in full support of caution and medically driven safeguards, especially for those under 18....even I'm smart enough to understand that hormones are a mess at that age. From reading, it seem most here are in agreement with you on that point. It's a mess, and a sticky wicket------some of these kids are in emotional turmoil, and feel a drive to feel "normal" and comfortable with themselves. I really feel for folks who aren't comfortable with their sexuality...whatever that may mean.

It's a rough ride. I have a cousin who transitioned in his 30's after serving in the Army. Just got his nursing degree, finished Magna Cum Laude. It's been a tough life for him so far, but it's getting better according to him. This Bud Lite thing hurt him deeply, btw. Put yourself in his shoes....millions of Americans hate you so much, they're willing to boycott their favorite beer. Doesn't matter how secure you are...that stuff hurts.

I agree with DMac's point, though....... after Americans lost their minds over this silliness......people are now likely to not buy Bud Lite to stay out of the conversation entirely.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Speaking of Bud Light, yesterday had day drinking in the air for some reason. Highly unusual and pretty much out of character for me but somehow the porch of my favorite watering hole was calling loudly. Might have been because Alicia works on Mondays (only), also could have been because it was a very comfortable 75 degrees with a nice breeze and it felt like that would be a nice place to be so my buddy and I went. Have had a chive with a nice purple flower in bloom in my garden for a few days, pretty little flower. Had to pick it and put it in a fancy vase to take to Alicia. Could not have worked better, when we opened the door Alicia was standing right at that end of the bar and asked, "Oh, what's that?" Of course I said it's a little flower that's been growing in my garden, it's so pretty that every time I saw it I thought of you so I thought I should pick it and bring it in to you. Need I say she loved it? I told her not only could she look at it and enjoy it's beauty, but when she's done doing that she can eat it too. She had no idea it was a chive (she aint a stupid gal). I'm sayin' all in all it was a pretty smooth move.
For whatever reason, Judge Neri came over to have a little chat with us on the porch. A real pain in the asz you can't tell a phukin thing to...he's the judge, ya know, they talk and you listen. I've never heard more back pedaling and downplaying than when I asked him how he feels about how marijuana has been handled for the last 50 years (he was a Chief Of Police before becoming a judge). He said that no one ever cared about marijuana and it was just a violation which no one ever went to jail for in NY. After I told him he was full of schidt and I didn't buy one word of that the conversation went kind of down hill...you don't talk to a judge like that, ya know. I told him he'd have to prove that to me, he told me he could and was scrolling through his phone for quite awhile to try to find something. We were all done and ready to leave before he ever came over so I told him when he finds the link (he aint gonna) give it to Alicia and I'll get it from her next time I see her. When we were leaving, putting my helmet on I fired up a joint and got some nice big puffs of smoke going because the breeze was blowing right in the direction where the judge and his retired cop buddies were sitting. Another one that couldn't have worked better. Got a, "oh yeah, we smell pot...ha, ha, ha." In said I did that just for you and your boys, judge..enjoy. I don't like the judge.
This is the judge in his black hat...ooops, I mean toupee.
https://www.syracuse.com/opinion/2018/1 ... judge.html
Meet Alicia the sweetie (picture doesn't really do her justice) and her pretty little flower.

Return to “POLITICS”