The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by DMac »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:57 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:54 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:58 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:07 pm
According to a study published on June 10, 2022, nearly 1.64 million people over the age of 13 in the United States identify themselves as transgender 1. This is equivalent to about 0.5% of all U.S. adults 1. Another source states that approximately 0.58% of Americans identify as transgender, which is over 1.3 million people 2.

It’s important to note that these numbers are estimates and may not be entirely accurate due to the difficulty in collecting data on this topic 3.
Will say again, a fan, I think Mulvaney was just the final straw. Awful lot of noise coming from this group, lot of fuss being made over a miniscule part of the population who has a burden to carry (and don't we all) and wants to shift that burden to "us". Yes, it is being pushed in front of our faces and jammed down our throats. Christ almighty, I can't open a browser without these stories popping up front and center. Mulvaney can get a job, she can get a job with an outfit that caters to the trans population.
Lia Thompson? You can't have a discussion about Lia without it ending up being about outliers, extreme cases, and mutations. That's a simple conversation twisted and distorted....yet one we all agree on. She has no business being in the pool competing against women.
Saw a new Bud ad last night (women's softball tourney, tune in, very good stuff) see they came out with a new Harley Davidson can. Begging and groveling for their boys to come back.
I don’t see the shifting of burden to others. That’s the part you’ll have to explain to me. Otherwise I agree they're voice seems disproportionate but I don’t see fighting for a equal place as shifting a burden.
They are pushing the burden on us by wanting 14 year old trans boys competing in girl's competition.
Competed as a male one year as a female the next. Puts the burden of dealing with that on a lot of
parents (and all of the other competitors).
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/1 ... inst-boys/
What if the majority of people involved don’t consider it a burden but it’s a silent majority?

You told me this is social media in response to you stating that you amplify what “pops up” previously but this isn’t the same thing as a algorithm driven platform that is indirect. What survey demonstrated the majority of participants are burdened by this?
What's the majority, 60-40, 80-20, 95-5? Pick a number and there are people burdened by it who shouldn't have to be.

Didn't see or refer to any survey. Don't think I've said anything about majorities.
Bud Light drinkers don't want to be seen with a can of it. Despite not being all
that concerned with gender identity at birth and all its difficulties, or who is using
a rudder on the girl's swim team (sorry, just too irresistible + it's Bud drinkers we're
talking about here) they don't want to hear about all the nonsense...they're burdened too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:57 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:54 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:58 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:07 pm
According to a study published on June 10, 2022, nearly 1.64 million people over the age of 13 in the United States identify themselves as transgender 1. This is equivalent to about 0.5% of all U.S. adults 1. Another source states that approximately 0.58% of Americans identify as transgender, which is over 1.3 million people 2.

It’s important to note that these numbers are estimates and may not be entirely accurate due to the difficulty in collecting data on this topic 3.
Will say again, a fan, I think Mulvaney was just the final straw. Awful lot of noise coming from this group, lot of fuss being made over a miniscule part of the population who has a burden to carry (and don't we all) and wants to shift that burden to "us". Yes, it is being pushed in front of our faces and jammed down our throats. Christ almighty, I can't open a browser without these stories popping up front and center. Mulvaney can get a job, she can get a job with an outfit that caters to the trans population.
Lia Thompson? You can't have a discussion about Lia without it ending up being about outliers, extreme cases, and mutations. That's a simple conversation twisted and distorted....yet one we all agree on. She has no business being in the pool competing against women.
Saw a new Bud ad last night (women's softball tourney, tune in, very good stuff) see they came out with a new Harley Davidson can. Begging and groveling for their boys to come back.
I don’t see the shifting of burden to others. That’s the part you’ll have to explain to me. Otherwise I agree they're voice seems disproportionate but I don’t see fighting for a equal place as shifting a burden.
They are pushing the burden on us by wanting 14 year old trans boys competing in girl's competition.
Competed as a male one year as a female the next. Puts the burden of dealing with that on a lot of
parents (and all of the other competitors).
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/1 ... inst-boys/
What if the majority of people involved don’t consider it a burden but it’s a silent majority?

You told me this is social media in response to you stating that you amplify what “pops up” previously but this isn’t the same thing as a algorithm driven platform that is indirect. What survey demonstrated the majority of participants are burdened by this?
What's the majority, 60-40, 80-20, 95-5? Pick a number and there are people burdened by it who shouldn't have to be.

Didn't see or refer to any survey. Don't think I've said anything about majorities.
Bud Light drinkers don't want to be seen with a can of it. Despite not being all
that concerned with gender identity at birth and all its difficulties, or who is using
a rudder on the girl's swim team (sorry, just too irresistible + it's Bud drinkers we're
talking about here) they don't want to hear about all the nonsense...they're burdened too.
I still don’t follow. But it doesn’t matter. You’re much more worked up about it than I am. Not worried about a T competing w my daughter. Not worried about Bud Light. I see it drank and offered plenty in a city of 6mm+ as well as hve some light travels to other majors cities within 6-8hrs of here since it happened. It’s a nothing. Literally unimportant. I’ve seen and endured plenty of burdens. This doesn’t qualify as a burden.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

A-B market value down $27 billion, Target down $13.8 billion. (per CNN)

TLD & ffg tell us it's just the business cycle. MDLF76 tells us it's necessary to attract quality young employees.

Okie Dokie. See ya at the Pride Month company picnic.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:19 pm A-B market value down $27 billion, Target down $13.8 billion. (per CNN)

TLD & ffg tell us it's just the business cycle. MDLF76 tells us it's necessary to attract quality young employees.

What’s going to be around longer…..you or Budweiser? See your buddies in hell.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:19 pm A-B market value down $27 billion, Target down $13.8 billion. (per CNN)

The super expert at everything spoketh! We all bow down to old
Sack!

I never once said a business cycle but I understand who and what you are so all good.

Just brain dead trash blowing in the wind.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:32 pm

What’s going to be around longer…..you or Budweiser? See your buddies in hell.
Where I’ll be king so good luck!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:52 am Again, free market reaction. My guess is the people boycotting are pushing back against what they see as unwanted activism. How else can they fight back? Seems logical, no? Nothing-burger for me too...don't even drink beer. If it's such a nothing-burger to you, you should hire Dylan to sell your spirits. What do you think would happen?
I'll try being polite and answer your latest queries before this conversation devolves into charade. It's teetering for certain...

You just claimed that I "like to put things in one tidy box." My reply to that with you has always been the same: you have a habit of doing the precise thing that you claim other posters do.

So in this case? You're lumping Dylan in with, for example Lia Thompson....and claiming both are "activists".
Never made that claim. Dylan is a personality. Lia, who knows...opportunist? I'd say they're both certainly supported by and used by activists.

This is factually and demonstrably wrong. Two ENTIRELY different situations, yet you're here lumping anything Americans don't like as "activism".
Not sure where you're getting this?...but Okay I'll play some more.

Lia entered an athletic contest according to their rules. If you want to label that as "activism", ok. Was Jackie Robinson an 'activist"? Or just a man entering an athletic contest according to their rules? Debatable, I guess.
Never even mentioned Lia.

But Dylan? What did she do, Tech? Bud Lite came to her and offered her money to be a sponsor. That's it. Under no stretch of the word can that possibly be called "activism". That's simply commerce.
Never claimed Dylan was an activist. You've made that leap on your own. That's okay though...

You are on the one hand, telling me that American isn't a homophobic nation, while at the same time, telling me to hire Dylan because you know perfectly well that millions of Americans will punish ANY business that dares to hire a man in a dress and makeup in 2023.
No, go back and read. I suggested you hire Dylan because you said you think the Bud Lite issue is a "nothing-burger." Let's be accurate.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Please educate me... what trans civil-rights abuses haven't already been addressed with/during the gay revolution? Do you propose new laws specifically for trans?
Tech, for heaven's sake, you JUST acknowledged that Bud Lite was punished for hiring a Trans Woman....billions of dollars now. Unlike every other brain dead "influencer", Dylan can't earn a legal and honest living, or her employer will be hammered economically.
Once again, free market action/reaction. Hardly a civil-rights issue (sure some "well meaning" lawyer could invent a case). AB is the "brain dead" player here, coming up with a "brain dead" marketing plan, developed by some "brain dead" marketing person (since fired I believe).

What don't you understand here? Civil rights aren't just about laws. Surely you know this, right?
I'm sorry. I'm really trying a fan.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Of course not. What businesses and punishments are you referring to? The way you put it, sounds widespread.
Just did. Bud LIght.
No no no. I thought you were referring to trans-owned businesses that had been discriminated against. My bad...
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Completely agree. Privacy is sacrosanct. That's not what's happening though. What you're describing I think is pretty fringe. You make it sound as though the entire country is these "weirdos."
Bud Lite tells me it's NOT fringe. But okay.
Well, which came first? AB putting it out there or the reaction? Not sure the reaction is transphobic at all, that's your assumption. Perhaps most of the initial reaction was by the customers simply saying, stop F***ing with my brand! Politics, the culture war, and social media of course took over from there.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm They'll? I hope you mean women. Those are birthing-person's :D issues after all.
Yes. Women. And yep, you can make fun because some of it is silly.
But my view is: after a few hundred years of not having a voice? These Americans aren't gonna be perfect out of the gate when they ask for rights. Same EXACT thing happened with black Americans in the 60's and 70's. There were BRILLIANT parodies of this by Red Foxx on Sanford and Son when his son showed up in a Dashiki. See the parallels between "my prounouns", and Lamont's "my slave name"? These Americans are just coming to terms with having choices and a voice after not having one......
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm In a macro sense perhaps. There will always be haters and others who resist change. At some point though you need to ask yourself if all change is good.
I can tell you without question that not all change is good.....and I can list examples of that for days. I agree with you. But your statement implies that you think you can stop these cultural changes if you don't like them. You can't, any more than I can.
Never meant to imply anything. IMO though, a segment of haters (both left and right) in any population won't change. That segment can be marginalized and that's about the best outcome you can hope for.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm I guess it helps to confirm your belief that we live in a trans/homophobic country, which I disagree with.[/color][/b]
Again...then why can't Bud Lite hire Dylan without losing billions? Can you answer that? Those two things don't add up, sorry.
Redundant.

Appreciate the conversation. Feel free to bail.....
A fan, before I "bail," you'll be pleased to know I've hung up my Moderate Boomer hat (at least until the 2024 election) and am now sporting a... Woke Boomer brim!
Last edited by tech37 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:52 am I'll try being polite and answer your latest queries before this conversation devolves into charade. It's teetering for certain...
I'll pull the ripcord for you, my man.

You and I can't communicate, and I'll show you why. You've done this again, and again, and again. And it's obvious you can't help yourself, and don't understand that you do this, and that's fine.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm Geez...if you can't differentiate, not sure what else to say.
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:42 pm I can indeed differentiate. But the problem may be that we're talking past each other. What do you mean by "involves children".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:59 pm You can't be serious. Not going to open that can of worms here. Let's just say "we're talking past each other."
So I ask you to clarify statements, and that's wrong. But earlier? You're splitting hairs because I didn't say the EXACT words I'm attempting to respond to. Yet here? I ask you to clarify how this issue "involves children", and you pull the teenage girlfriend "if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm not going to tell you." :lol:

So no matter what we're discussing, we talk past each other...and ironically, a steak dinner says that we're 90% in agreement, but simply can't communicate that to one another. So we go round and round...and you accuse me of being "a vortex".

So I'll offer you the same deal I offered Old Salt-------let's steer clear of one another. I have no interest in being a thorn in your side, so just enjoy the forum, and don't respond to my posts, and I'll do the same. Old Salt declined, and we're trying to avoid pressing each other's buttons. Life's too short to get all wound up about this stuff. And some of us just can't communicate, and that's fine. It is what it is.

I will respond to your plea to understand what I meant by Civil Rights being cultural. When my Mom was living her life in the 60's and 70's, she couldn't get either a bank loan or a credit card without my dad signing on, even though she had full time jobs, and qualified for the loans. Why? Was there a law preventing it? Nope. It was simply that a man ran the bank, and it was HIS policy. Same went for a Dept. Store credit card. No laws.....yet unequal treatment all the same. The men "in charge" made cultural choices.

Dylan and the trans community will have equal rights in the Civil Rights sense when she can be a spokesperson for Bud Lite....and no one will give it a second thought, just like those gay marriage Bud Lite ads from 2014.....that Old Salt and I, and the rest of the forum didn't notice.

Enjoy the forum!
Typical Lax Dad

“Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's entitlement to participate in the civil and political life of society and the state without discrimination or repression”.

Pretty simple…..pretty close to basic human rights.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:56 pm “Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's entitlement to participate in the civil and political life of society and the state without discrimination or repression”.

No sh!t Sherlock. But... to compare trans to the civil rights movement of the 60s is, IMHO, inane.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:56 pm “Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's entitlement to participate in the civil and political life of society and the state without discrimination or repression”.

No sh!t Sherlock. But... to compare trans to the civil rights movement of the 60s is, IMHO, inane.
Why is that comparison “inane”? Asking for my trans niece, and many thousands of others.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:45 pm

Why is that comparison “inane”? Asking for my trans niece, and many thousands of others.
Because not all people should be treated equal! And if you can’t understand that I’m going to run away and pretend I’m smarter and more thoughtful that you!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

You sound like you don’t know what you are talking about…..or are some civil rights less equal than others? Some honest opinions are just as wrong as the next guy’s or gal’s.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:14 pm

You sound like you don’t know what you are talking about…..or are some civil rights less equal than others? Some honest opinions are just as wrong as anyone else’s.
Don’t think he understands what the “H” stands for either.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Saw a new Bud ad last night. Back to basics, and if it aint broke don't fix it.
Ad opens by taking your eyes to a young girl's asz in cut off jean shorts and
t-shirt in the rain scurrying along to catch up to her other two gal pals all wet
and dressed pretty much the same. The three of them catch up to a guy pal and
the foursome is heading off in the rain to do some partying. Don't know what the
occasion was/is but it didn't look like the Broke Back Mountain Festival. I'm liking
the new Bud ads, the groveling is palatable.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 am Saw a new Bud ad last night. Back to basics, and if it aint broke don't fix it.
t-shirt in the rain scurrying along to catch up to her other two gal pals all wet
the foursome is heading off in the rain to do some partying. Don't know what the
occasion was/is but it didn't look like the Broke Back Mountain Festival. I'm liking
They stole that model of attention gathering from Dead Prez!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oiusDE0KND8
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 am Saw a new Bud ad last night. Back to basics, and if it aint broke don't fix it.
What was the new ad campaign? Do you have a link to the prior commercials? I did not see any of them. Who is the new agency?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't have the answers to any of those questions and certainly don't have a link to Bud commercials. It was a simple drink beer to have a good time ad, guess it just happened to be raining and the girls got caught in it during the shooting. What I took from the ad was groveling.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:40 am Don't have the answers to any of those questions and certainly don't have a link to Bud commercials. It was a simple drink beer to have a good time ad, guess it just happened to be raining and the girls got caught in it during the shooting. What I took from the ad was groveling.
But you said “back to the basics”…anyway..I don’t drink it. If there is nothing else, I drink water.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

....and everybody understands (but for you, maybe) what I meant to by back to basics.
No ad campaign is going to get me to drink Bud either, I'm getting a kick out of their ads
these days though.

Return to “POLITICS”