BARR

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wahoomurf

Re: BARR

Post by wahoomurf »

When your pants are down around your ankles and the KY tube has opened,the best strategy to adopt...ATTACK HILLARY!

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... ktail_Hour
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

seacoaster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm
old salt wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:54 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 am "Ranger Bob needs to stop sweating cable news spin & letting the NYT/WP start fights which involve him.
The public can read his report & draw their own conclusions.
If Ranger Bob thought Trump should be impeached for obstruction, why didn't he just say so in his report ?
Marines & Rangers don't whine about context."

This, I once thought, was beneath you.
After 2+ years of hero worship, Mueller found himself with a 4th & 1, ....& he punted.

He let this drag on for over 2 years then didn't have the courage to clearly, unequivocally provide his opinion on whether or not Trump broke the law, or committed a high crime or misdemeanor. Based on the NYT report, Barr & Rosenstein apparently expected him to.

For 2+ years, he put the country through this , only to give us inconclusive weasel words on obstruction of justice.
I expected better.
You expected better; so you mock his former service. That doesn't sound right for tough ex-service guys like you and C&S.

But it is perfect; you sound almost exactly like Giuliani. This is the perfect sync'ing up: your sophistry on behalf of Trump and Flynn and the other "process criminals" with Giuliani's fetishism for the President. How proud you must be.

"The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 25 did not fully capture the context, nature and substance of [the Special Counsel's] Office's work and conclusions."

This is a polite way of saying "your summary is poorly done, and grossly incomplete." It's probably also a polite way of indicating that Mueller thinks the summary is Barr's crossing the line to a complete political hack, toadying to the President's commands.
A tip of the hat, seacoaster.This "salty article" is a gutless twerp and a waste of oxygen.And IT certainly ain't any more "a tough ex-service guy'" than his idol.

Scrape IT off and move on.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Blizzard in Telluride - too bad the mountain is closed - cross country;

Diss IMHO and I recognize and respect that I am not a troll and do not post here much but if you are going to post opinions from Huffington Post and a John Marshall, a liberal progressive according to Wiki you might want to mention that. You might also want to mention what he wrote in the first piece posted, the last 5 paragraphs, were an opinion not a fact, IMHO. I cannot wait for my WSJ tomorrow. BTW your friend at TPM as of 2017, had 21,500 subscribers, that is a rounding digit for the US population :D. I would think most people would want a fair and balanced opinion. Lastly, John's wiki seems to have last been updated in 2007......lots of air in there. Not taking away anything he opined but you might want a second opinion. H

To Mr. Murph - next time I am in LI, I go down there for an annual event at SBU every year, we should have a drink. The Clintons keep being mentioned because THEY keep putting themselves in the news. If you had the clearance as claimed - you should know the deal.

In my travels from NY to CO 5 weeks ago and leaving in three weeks back to NY, both the D's and R's better stop the nosense and focus on issues the public cares about. Take a car trip - the fly-over states have not changed, I could buy MAGA junk wherever we stopped, at the gas stations, grocery stores, road stands - pick a point. This political junk is just that, it makes a base feel good but many like myself will probably sit out again.........sad what has happened but not the first and will not be the last.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

LandM wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:35 pm Blizzard in Telluride - too bad the mountain is closed - cross country;

Diss IMHO and I recognize and respect that I am not a troll and do not post here much but if you are going to post opinions from Huffington Post and a John Marshall, a liberal progressive according to Wiki you might want to mention that. You might also want to mention what he wrote in the first piece posted, the last 5 paragraphs, were an opinion not a fact, IMHO. I cannot wait for my WSJ tomorrow. BTW your friend at TPM as of 2017, had 21,500 subscribers, that is a rounding digit for the US population :D. I would think most people would want a fair and balanced opinion. Lastly, John's wiki seems to have last been updated in 2007......lots of air in there. Not taking away anything he opined but you might want a second opinion. H

To Mr. Murph - next time I am in LI, I go down there for an annual event at SBU every year, we should have a drink. The Clintons keep being mentioned because THEY keep putting themselves in the news. If you had the clearance as claimed - you should know the deal.

In my travels from NY to CO 5 weeks ago and leaving in three weeks back to NY, both the D's and R's better stop the nosense and focus on issues the public cares about. Take a car trip - the fly-over states have not changed, I could buy MAGA junk wherever we stopped, at the gas stations, grocery stores, road stands - pick a point. This political junk is just that, it makes a base feel good but many like myself will probably sit out again.........sad what has happened but not the first and will not be the last.
With regard to Josh Marshall, unlike most editors, he actually has a doctorate in history... Yes he is not from the center, but provides some of the more insightful analysis of the news, as he understands more about context and past history than most journalists.

Judging him by his site and the number of subscribers (which is substantially higher than you report now) is not a good judge of how good he is. Talkingpointsmemo.com is only partially a membership based site - you can read a substantial fraction of the site with absolutely no membership (but you will see more ads)...So the number of people who read the site is not anywhere as low as the number of members...

And even worse is judging him by a Wikipedia entry - if no one has an interest in keeping it up, it becomes outdated and useless...I would be quite disturbed to find one of my students (I am a college professor) using Wikipedia as a direct source...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Gosh did the usual suspects listen to the hearing today? Do the usual suspects have any understanding of DOJ procedures and regulations? Apparently not.

Fact: Barr lied multiple times over the last month.

Fact: neither Barr nor Rod R read the evidence in the Report by their own admission. They made their decision without knowing the evidence.

Fact: Lawyers put things in writing to protect the record so someone doesn’t come around later trying to recharactrrize events.

Fact: RM wrote his report as a brief. DOJ regulations specifically prohibit indicting a president so RM addressed it another way.

You might want to look at the positions Barr’s two children hold.

Fact: the Report lists at least 10 actions that were it not for it being the president anyone else would have been indicted.

Fact: Barr said the president femt he was being unfairly
Investigated so he could not have obstructed justice.

Fact: the subject of an investigation does not get to make that decision the courts do.

Barr was eaten alive by Harris today. You can find Irvin the internet.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

LandM.....To Mr. Murph - next time I am in LI, I go down there for an annual event at SBU every year, we should have a drink. The Clintons keep being mentioned because THEY keep putting themselves in the news. If you had the clearance as claimed - you should know the deal.
"Clearance as claimed" ? Clarence may have claimed clearance.Not me.The Clintons live in Bedford or used to. Not sure why you think they live on Long Island...or me for that matter.And how does one put oneself in the news? Now that is a difficult task for sure.They....the COOO,Lindsey,Barr,Nadler,Alt Facts Conway, Pelosi,Biden seem to take up Lions of the news these days.Moreover why would the Clintons volunteer to enter the fray? Unless they have something new to add to the sideshow.

Drinks...thanks but no thanks.Like Trump I'm a teetotaler.Likely the only thing I have in common with that mass of protoplasm.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The more I see these people in the flesh, the more I realize just how unremarkable these Clowns are: Kavanaugh, that VHD guy that Old Salty idolizes and now this guy. AG ofbthw United States of America. REMARKABLE.

What a sad sack of sh*t....another example of a person that thinks what he says is meaningful just because he is talking.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

Trump Admin AG Power Rankings (5/1/19):

(1) Sessions - Must be embarrassed at this point that he actually recused himself. As if following any sort of protocols matters anymore.
(2) Whitaker - Would happily follow orders but didn't understand them.
(3) Barr - Gave Lindsay a taint tickle and a wing ding at the maga-tubbies day spa; Trump has video.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

In the Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/opin ... e=Homepage

"How could Mr. Barr, a bright and accomplished lawyer, start channeling the president in using words like “no collusion” and F.B.I. “spying”? And downplaying acts of obstruction of justice as products of the president’s being “frustrated and angry,” something he would never say to justify the thousands of crimes prosecuted every day that are the product of frustration and anger?

How could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?

How could Mr. Barr go before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and downplay President Trump’s attempt to fire Mr. Mueller before he completed his work?

And how could Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, after the release of Mr. Mueller’s report that detailed Mr. Trump’s determined efforts to obstruct justice, give a speech quoting the president on the importance of the rule of law? Or on resigning, thank a president who relentlessly attacked both him and the Department of Justice he led for “the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations”?

What happened to these people?

I don’t know for sure. People are complicated, so the answer is most likely complicated. But I have some idea from four months of working close to Mr. Trump and many more months of watching him shape others.

Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

But more often, proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing. I think that’s at least part of what we’ve seen with Bill Barr and Rod Rosenstein. Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive Mr. Trump and that adds up to something they will never recover from. It takes character like Mr. Mattis’s to avoid the damage, because Mr. Trump eats your soul in small bites."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:16 pm Wrong on virtually all counts.

He followed his regulations. Barr lied about what he said mans has been lying ever since. RM trusted his AG to have integrity and not lie or lead a cover up. That was his mistake.
Mueller made the great mistake of trusting the legal system, the DOJ, the AG and the constitution that he has served his entire life. IT IS BROKEN. Small men have failed us. Even smaller men rejoice.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MONEY
NYT wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:33 amHow could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?
Thanks for posting seacoaster...

This is how these clowns want to play. Time for hardball with the GOP Establishment and this illegitimate president.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Not the best The Daily (sometimes, it's really good) but still interesting.

This one is less timely but... I thought it was really good.

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Trump's justice ''champion''. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Hillary Clinton- Questioned for 14 hours and did not flinch.

William Barr- Questioned for 6 hours, cried, took his ball, and went home.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 am Hillary Clinton- Questioned for 14 hours and did not flinch.

So true.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

PPM's take on yesterdays hearing:

WILLIAM BARR ABSOLVED TRUMP OF OBSTRUCTION WITHOUT HAVING THE FAINTEST CLUE WHAT HE OBSTRUCTED
Bill Barr just finished testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

It was remarkable.

Among the opinions the Attorney General espoused are that:

- You only need to call the FBI when being offered campaign assistance by a foreign intelligence service, not a foreigner

- It’s okay to lie about the many dangles hostile foreign countries make to a political campaign, including if you accepted those dangles

- Because Trump was being falsely accused (it’s not clear of what, because the report doesn’t address the most aggressive accusation, and many other accusations against Trump and his campaign are born out by the Mueller Report), it’s okay that he sought to undermine it through illegal means

- It’s okay for the President to order the White House Counsel to lie, even about an ongoing investigation

- It’s okay to fire the FBI Director for refusing to confirm or deny an ongoing investigation, which is DOJ policy not to do

- It’s okay for the Attorney General to call lawfully predicated DOJ investigative techniques “spying” because Fox News does

- Public statements — including threatening someone’s family — cannot be subornation of perjury

- You can exhaust investigative options in a case having only obtained contemptuous responses covering just a third of the investigation from the key subject of it
That's right. This is how these guys want to play it. Scumbag Lindsey Graham is a total bunghole. Those GOP Senators are an embarrassment. This is headed towards all-out war. The Dems need to find a spine.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:30 am
CU88 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 am Hillary Clinton- Questioned for 14 hours and did not flinch.

So true.
Because she still hasn't told the truth.

Barrs done case closed.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:30 am

So true.
Because she still hasn't told the truth.

Barrs done case closed.

^^^ .. smaller men rejoice.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm The more I see these people in the flesh, the more I realize just how unremarkable these Clowns are: Kavanaugh, that VHD guy that Old Salty idolizes and now this guy. AG ofbthw United States of America. REMARKABLE.

What a sad sack of sh*t....another example of a person that thinks what he says is meaningful just because he is talking.
Barr, is the original swamp thing. And Trump is the annoying donkey, always tweeting .
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
LandM

Post by LandM »

To RedfromMI:
1. I do not use Google or Wiki as a factual source, but many people do, so hence the Russia trolling expedition IMHO – If you are ever interested in a factual (my own) border crossing experience into Canada with an expired passport using Google as a reference, let me know. Fortunately, my best friends wife’s brothers are an ICE agent and a Border Patrol agent – all born in Mexico;
2. I tried being a college professor twice – I come from the military/business world, so when I sold my last company folks though it would be a good experience for the students, "real world experience". I waited two years, tried it twice, worse experience in the world – too long to detail but happy to;
3. Our son has his BS in History. My wife and I are both engineers so we asked him what is the plan – his plan was to become a lawyer, policeman or teacher. For me personally if that is your passion, great but how to figure out how to pay for that is the question. He runs a high-end body shop now - doing well but that degree is pretty worthless;
4. Finally Social Media brings clicks but not necessarily credibility – I would have at least thought if he wanted street cred, it would have been more updated;
5. BTW family lives in Kalamazoo and TC – my grandfather was the mayor there.

To Mr. Murph:
Not trying to offend –it was just an offer. Your claim of knowing Lt. Murphy who I visit his Memorials on LI and at PSU – I know people who knew him and worked with him. It was an offer, nothing more.

Have a great day.

Return to “POLITICS”