The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 am Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….
:lol: ...oh you poor baby. :cry: I was making fun of you.
Yes Old Seaman
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:25 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:54 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:12 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:45 am Looks interesting.

Very, thanks...goes to what my pal told us years ago that she was seeing happening with doctors 'playing god' and 'deciding' for the new baby what they would have...and likely even know about themselves.
Yes. This was covered in one of my wife’s genetics classes years ago. Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….
Variations are natural, indeed the secret sauce of evolution.

and yet, people are afraid of variation.
Evolution??? Why would natural selection create variations that might be detrimental to the sustainability of the species?

Wouldn't evolution naturally strengthen/clarify the binary nature of sex in order to ensure propagation, producing healthy offspring?

Of course there are always recessive genes and mutation... but on the level and volume that is being depicted for rationalization sake?

Maybe what's been happening on the genetic level is very unnatural variation, not natural. Maybe it's environmental. For example, PFASs and/or micro-plastics in the water system...who knows?

Also, IMO this thread title should be changed to: "The Hate Directed at LGBTQ Activism... much more accurate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for removing all doubt!
:lol:

tech, you clearly don't understand how genetic variation works, entirely randomly, with zero regard to any "rationalization", "propagation", or any other outcome you might imagine to be "desirable".

These are entirely "natural" and constantly happening in all life, including human. For all of the length of time of life's existence.

TLD may post for you a link to a short course on genetics and variation, as I believe he's done more than once over the years.
:lol: back at you since you clearly didn't understand

The "rationalization" I'm referring to is by people such as yourself and the entire movement to try to explain and normalize "trans" in evolutionary terms (good luck with that). Real trans exists but is rare (I've shared the anecdote re my friend's son, now daughter). I don't begin to buy the number of people claiming "trans" though, most especially, teens. Again, just my opinion.
I was responding to your clear lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...

Yes, as I've cited, observable gender variations in babies are not frequent, but that's just what we can see in sex organ development, it doesn't include all the other variable genes that don't get realized that way. People are on a spectrum. If thinking about just one dimension (and undoubtedly there are multiple) most are reasonably far to one side or anther when it comes to gender, but a pretty darn large chunk are somewhere in between in what they feel about themselves and others. They may tilt one way or another, but that's way less clear when considering things like identity and sexual attraction, which have more to do with the complexities of our brains perhaps than anything else. In other words, sometimes we can see outward manifestations physically, sometimes we can't.

Less than 2% of youth identify as trans, closer to 1% than 2%, and the only real difference over time has been the willingness of that small % to say so out loud.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... ed-states/
And yet, we are knowingly allowing that very percentage to increase prematurely w/irrevocable consequences in minors, nonetheless. Long before they even have the brain developed enough to make these decisions, and we are allowing a parent to overrule or godorbid influence their childs decision.

Call it 'observable gender variation', but at least give it educated time in its development to make the decision to change.
I dunno, doctors have been playing god for generations...making these decisions right out of the womb.

I definitely don't want whacko parents to be making "irreversible" decisions but I'm not sure government should be getting involved, certainly not based on someone's Bible...

I want this to be a carefully considered decision with medical input...but waiting until post puberty may be too late...medically.

So, a conundrum...who you gonna have making decisions, if not parents and children in consultation with doctors?

Want to be careful about medical licensing and standards of care, ok, look to the medical associations...keep politics out.

And there's no actual increase in incidence. Just people saying so out loud.
Agreed, but. I believe a reasonable and logical (based on known science of the brain) is to legally have the decision made after the age of ...say 18-21. Full counseling, educational, and family resources should be prudently made prior to the surgical age. Sure nuance can take place...legally deal with them as the arise.

My posted meme a few posts back, summarizes it simplistically.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

;)
Maybe he's muslim? the Prophet Muhammad reportedly said gays "should be thrown from tremendous height then stoned."
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Very, thanks...goes to what my pal told us years ago that she was seeing happening with doctors 'playing god' and 'deciding' for the new baby what they would have...and likely even know about themselves.
Yes. This was covered in one of my wife’s genetics classes years ago. Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….

Evolution??? Why would natural selection create variations that might be detrimental to the sustainability of the species?

Wouldn't evolution naturally strengthen/clarify the binary nature of sex in order to ensure propagation, producing healthy offspring?

Of course there are always recessive genes and mutation... but on the level and volume that is being depicted for rationalization sake?

Maybe what's been happening on the genetic level is very unnatural variation, not natural. Maybe it's environmental. For example, PFASs and/or micro-plastics in the water system...who knows?

Also, IMO this thread title should be changed to: "The Hate Directed at LGBTQ Activism... much more accurate.

tech, you clearly don't understand how genetic variation works, entirely randomly, with zero regard to any "rationalization", "propagation", or any other outcome you might imagine to be "desirable".

These are entirely "natural" and constantly happening in all life, including human. For all of the length of time of life's existence.

TLD may post for you a link to a short course on genetics and variation, as I believe he's done more than once over the years.

The "rationalization" I'm referring to is by people such as yourself and the entire movement to try to explain and normalize "trans" in evolutionary terms (good luck with that). Real trans exists but is rare (I've shared the anecdote re my friend's son, now daughter). I don't begin to buy the number of people claiming "trans" though, most especially, teens. Again, just my opinion.
I was responding to your (EDIT seeming) lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...
Genetic variation is not always "natural" (you do realize that right?) and why I brought up environmental factors. You can try all you want to rationalize/normalize trans but using "evolution" as the reason. IMO, that's a dubious stretch.

Yes, as I've cited, observable gender variations in babies are not frequent, but that's just what we can see in sex organ development, it doesn't include all the other variable genes that don't get realized that way. People are on a spectrum. If thinking about just one dimension (and undoubtedly there are multiple) most are reasonably far to one side or anther when it comes to gender, but a pretty darn large chunk are somewhere in between in what they feel about themselves and others. They may tilt one way or another, but that's way less clear when considering things like identity and sexual attraction, which have more to do with the complexities of our brains perhaps than anything else. In other words, sometimes we can see outward manifestations physically, sometimes we can't.
Sheesh!...of course there's a spectrum re sexuality, you're stating the obvious. So long as you agree that that spectrum ranges within binary M/F sexes. Even those born with androgynous parts (very rare) are not a third sex but a combination of the binary.

Less than 2% of youth identify as trans, closer to 1% than 2%, and the only real difference over time has been the willingness of that small % to say so out loud.
How much of that 1+% do you think are actually "trans" and what % are going along for the ride (the movement/fad), for any number of reasons/ideas/needs?

Bart

Post by Bart »

What’s the selection pressure? If there is non then the likelihood of said mutation sticking is very small
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:25 pm

I was responding to your (EDIT seeming) lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...
Genetic variation is not always "natural" (you do realize that right?) and why I brought up environmental factors. You can try all you want to rationalize/normalize trans but using "evolution" as the reason. IMO, that's a dubious stretch.

Sheesh!...of course there's a spectrum re sexuality, you're stating the obvious. So long as you agree that that spectrum ranges within binary M/F sexes. Even those born with androgynous parts (very rare) are not a third sex but a combination of the binary.

How much of that 1+% do you think are actually "trans" and what % are going along for the ride (the movement/fad), for any number of reasons/ideas/needs?

Who said anything about the perceived increase in the population of transgender people being the result of “evolution”? You sound like you don’t know what you are talking about.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:25 pm How much of that 1+% do you think are actually "trans" and what % are going along for the ride (the movement/fad), for any number of reasons/ideas/needs?
Respectfully, I'd peg that number as close to zero. Bill Maher had this idea----that trans was more prominent in liberal cities, and jumping to the conclusion that straight kids were going trans because it was "cool".

A much more obvious and logical interpretation of this data is: if you're made to feel welcome and safe with whatever your choices? You're about 1,000,000 times more likely to make those choices public.

In other words, the numbers of out trans in liberal cities isn't "up"......it's the other cities that are in many cases, seething with hate and a violent response....are "down". Repressed.

Reminds me of Ahmadinejad getting laughed at Columbia when he claimed that there are no homosexuals in Iran. Yep, the numbers of out trans are WAY down in Iran.

No one would intentionally put themselves through all the h8ll that these Americans are put through. Look at Bud lite.....if your trans, you're being told by millions of Americans that we hate you SO MUCH, that we're not going to drink our favorite beer anymore.

Pretty sad, if you ask me. You gotta admit, that's gonna reduce the number of folks who want to wear dresses, etc. in most of America.....from wearing that dress.

Just my opinion. No vortex.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:43 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:04 am Budweiser does it again. :lol:
Sounds like they have realized that their waffling in the face of blowback was much worse than getting the made-up issue blowback in the first place. They stumbled out of the gate, but looks to me like they're trying to regain the initiative.

It really comes down to what do our employees want from our company? Can we attract and keep the very best creative people in our marketing departments, savvy in digital and the tastes and trends of the next generation of consumers?...in this case, beverage drinkers...

It'll be interesting as to whether they lean in more to "inclusivity" over the next couple of years. That's certainly what the younger generation expects/demands.
... agree, their waffling did far more damage than the initial boycott. Target made the same mistake.
I had about a half dozen bud lights last night with a business relationship (exec in the payments space in trucking started with jumpers and broadening out w fuel cards etc). It was fine.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
DMac

Post by DMac »

7 year old non binary devastated.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=candace
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:26 pm
Who said anything about the perceived increase in the population of transgender people being the result of “evolution”? You sound like you don’t know what you are talking about.
Take it up with your fanlax pal, he brought up evolution
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:52 pm
I believe he said variations is what makes evolution possible not the the variations are the result of evolution which is how you seem to be characterizing the argument….that’s why I took it up with you.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:25 pm How much of that 1+% do you think are actually "trans" and what % are going along for the ride (the movement/fad), for any number of reasons/ideas/needs?
Respectfully, I'd peg that number as close to zero. Bill Maher had this idea----that trans was more prominent in liberal cities, and jumping to the conclusion that straight kids were going trans because it was "cool".
I wasn't referring to "straight" kids necessarily (although I'm sure there's that). Out of the 1+% I'm suggesting kids who, despite what they're feeling/identifying as, may end up being gay (the spectrum) but not trans.

A much more obvious and logical interpretation of this data is: if you're made to feel welcome and safe with whatever your choices? You're about 1,000,000 times more likely to make those choices public. In other words, the numbers of out trans in liberal cities isn't "up"......it's the other cities that are in many cases, seething with hate and a violent response....are "down". Repressed.
That's an interesting take. But haven't gays been generally accepted in every city? Certainly some cities more than others. And of course there will always be haters in every city. I would say liberal cities are more accepting of the activism that is the trans movement.

Reminds me of Ahmadinejad getting laughed at Columbia when he claimed that there are no homosexuals in Iran. Yep, the numbers of out trans are WAY down in Iran.
Remember it well

No one would intentionally put themselves through all the h8ll that these Americans are put through.
What h*ll are you referring to? And I disagree, plenty would put themselves through h*ll if it fulfilled their needs.

Look at Bud lite.....if your trans, you're being told by millions of Americans that we hate you SO MUCH, that we're not going to drink our favorite beer anymore.
Free market for better or worse...

Pretty sad, if you ask me. You gotta admit, that's gonna reduce the number of folks who want to wear dresses, etc. in most of America.....from wearing that dress.

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm I wasn't referring to "straight" kids necessarily (although I'm sure there's that). Out of the 1+% I'm suggesting kids who, despite what they're feeling/identifying as, may end up being gay (the spectrum) but not trans.

Well, on this point we're all just guessing as to numbers. People don't answer (are you gay, bi, etc.) the question honestly when polled. So yes, your guess is as good as mine.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm That's an interesting take. But haven't gays been generally accepted in every city?
Not even close, no.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm Certainly some cities more than others. And of course there will always be haters. I would say liberal cities are more accepting of the activism that is the trans movement.
Sure. But you could say the same thing about all the Civil Rights movements.......for women, blacks, other minorities, LGBTQ. They're all more accepting, because in a big city, you actually meet these people and find out they're just like you.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm What h*ll are you referring to? And I disagree, plenty would put themselves through h*ll if it fulfilled their needs.

The hell of being bullied, ostracized, being told by Evangelicals and others you're going to hell, and on and on. And if you haven't seen it, there are record anti-LGBTQ laws being passed the last couple of years, as Ron DeSantis and others try and make a mountain out of a molehill, playing off America's fear that "the gays are coming".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm Free market for better or worse
I understand. But this speaks to "the hell" I referred to.....I have a hard time seeing a person popping on a dress and some lipstick knowing that millions of your fellow Americans will hate you with the intensity of the sun.

Why do you think so many Americans hid in the closet (and still do) for the last, oh, 200+ years?

Same reason. And you're saying you're surprised that more come out when they know they're unlikely to be beaten to within an inch of their life by simply walking home?

Obvious to me that that's why numbers of "out" are higher in liberal cities, my man. You disagree, and think some do it because "it's cool".

Agree to disagree, let's move on, eh?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:41 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm I wasn't referring to "straight" kids necessarily (although I'm sure there's that). Out of the 1+% I'm suggesting kids who, despite what they're feeling/identifying as, may end up being gay (the spectrum) but not trans.

Well, on this point we're all just guessing as to numbers. People don't answer (are you gay, bi, etc.) the question honestly when polled. So yes, your guess is as good as mine.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm That's an interesting take. But haven't gays been generally accepted in every city?
Not even close, no.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm Certainly some cities more than others. And of course there will always be haters. I would say liberal cities are more accepting of the activism that is the trans movement.
Sure. But you could say the same thing about all the Civil Rights movements.......for women, blacks, other minorities, LGBTQ. They're all more accepting, because in a big city, you actually meet these people and find out they're just like you.
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm What h*ll are you referring to? And I disagree, plenty would put themselves through h*ll if it fulfilled their needs.

The hell of being bullied, ostracized, being told by Evangelicals and others you're going to hell, and on and on. And if you haven't seen it, there are record anti-LGBTQ laws being passed the last couple of years, as Ron DeSantis and others try and make a mountain out of a molehill, playing off America's fear that "the gays are coming".
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:19 pm Free market for better or worse
I understand. But this speaks to "the hell" I referred to.....I have a hard time seeing a person popping on a dress and some lipstick knowing that millions of your fellow Americans will hate you with the intensity of the sun.

Why do you think so many Americans hid in the closet (and still do) for the last, oh, 200+ years?

Same reason. And you're saying you're surprised that more come out when they know they're unlikely to be beaten to within an inch of their life by simply walking home?

Obvious to me that that's why numbers of "out" are higher in liberal cities, my man. You disagree, and think some do it because "it's cool".

Agree to disagree, let's move on, eh?
Two of the neighborhood bullies I know did it because when they went to prison, they turned out not to be so tough.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:41 pm
I'll move on soon enough. The Civil Rights Movement! What? Pretty soon you'll be claiming Dylan Mulvaney is the new MLK!
How do you possibly equate these? First of all, the trans activism involves children! Quite different from the gay activism from Stonewall and on. Second, the trans activism has pushed into established women's spaces, like athletics of course and all that goes along with that... locker rooms/bathrooms/podiums.
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:42 pm

I was responding to your clear lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... ed-states/
And yet, we are knowingly allowing that very percentage to increase prematurely w/irrevocable consequences in minors, nonetheless. Long before they even have the brain developed enough to make these decisions, and we are allowing a parent to overrule or godorbid influence their childs decision.

Call it 'observable gender variation', but at least give it educated time in its development to make the decision to change.
I dunno, doctors have been playing god for generations...making these decisions right out of the womb.

I definitely don't want whacko parents to be making "irreversible" decisions but I'm not sure government should be getting involved, certainly not based on someone's Bible...

I want this to be a carefully considered decision with medical input...but waiting until post puberty may be too late...medically.

So, a conundrum...who you gonna have making decisions, if not parents and children in consultation with doctors?

Want to be careful about medical licensing and standards of care, ok, look to the medical associations...keep politics out.

And there's no actual increase in incidence. Just people saying so out loud.
Agreed, but. I believe a reasonable and logical (based on known science of the brain) is to legally have the decision made after the age of ...say 18-21. Full counseling, educational, and family resources should be prudently made prior to the surgical age. Sure nuance can take place...legally deal with them as the arise.

My posted meme a few posts back, summarizes it simplistically.
A reasonable POV, except that post puberty the options grow much harder.

I just don't want government making the call. Same as abortion, stay out.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:36 pm

A much more obvious and logical interpretation of this data is: if you're made to feel welcome and safe with whatever your choices? You're about 1,000,000 times more likely to make those choices public.

In other words, the numbers of out trans in liberal cities isn't "up"......it's the other cities that are in many cases, seething with hate and a violent response....are "down". Repressed.

No one would intentionally put themselves through all the h8ll that these Americans are put through. Look at Bud lite.....if your trans, you're being told by millions of Americans that we hate you SO MUCH, that we're not going to drink our favorite beer anymore.

Exactly.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:30 pm

What’s the selection pressure? If there is non then the likelihood of said mutation sticking is very small
Yup, the "mutation" is not particularly likely to "stick".
But that doesn't stop variations continuing to happen in each generation.

In this particular set of such, there's no particular evolutionary benefit as far as we know, so it's not going to become a dominant aspect of the population...just an on ongoing variation happening rather randomly (albeit there may be some genetic pass through...not sure).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:01 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:52 pm
I believe he said variations is what makes evolution possible not the the variations are the result of evolution which is how you seem to be characterizing the argument….that’s why I took it up with you.
Correct.

tech seems to think I'm saying there's an evolutionary benefit to these variations, rather than the randomness of variations, the complete unpredictability, is what enables evolution to occur in all species. It's all entirely natural, and the fact that there's randomness is indeed beneficial...to evolution. But lots and lots of these random variations have no specific benefit, just part of the process.

Return to “POLITICS”