The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:11 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:05 pm The obvious, meh man, is WHAT country isn't homophobic ? our facists up North ?
Hey! Look who got to the center of the shrubbery maze! You win a cookie.

ALL countries are homophobic. That's right.

So why did you single out Ukraine?
Read that question out loud to yourself........read my Zelensky 2022 comments......

and get back to us as to why I singled out Ukraine.

I don't see the USA as a homophobic country. As I have written, repeatedadly.

Homosexuals have legal rights in this country, same as Mexico ?

you are a glass half stolen, not full, kind of guy....

....or, the glass never existed in the first place.

whatever it IS....the USA sucks.

you and yours keep on telling us this. I will side will Bill Maher, on positive progress. keep on hating
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:12 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:45 am Looks interesting.

Very, thanks...goes to what my pal told us years ago that she was seeing happening with doctors 'playing god' and 'deciding' for the new baby what they would have...and likely even know about themselves.
Yes. This was covered in one of my wife’s genetics classes years ago. Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….
Variations are natural, indeed the secret sauce of evolution.

and yet, people are afraid of variation.
Evolution??? Why would natural selection create variations that might be detrimental to the sustainability of the species?

Wouldn't evolution naturally strengthen/clarify the binary nature of sex in order to ensure propagation, producing healthy offspring?

Of course there are always recessive genes and mutation... but on the level and volume that is being depicted for rationalization sake?

Maybe what's been happening on the genetic level is very unnatural variation, not natural. Maybe it's environmental. For example, PFASs and/or micro-plastics in the water system...who knows?

Also, IMO this thread title should be changed to: "The Hate Directed at LGBTQ Activism... much more accurate.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:50 pm

Very, thanks...goes to what my pal told us years ago that she was seeing happening with doctors 'playing god' and 'deciding' for the new baby what they would have...and likely even know about themselves.
Yes. This was covered in one of my wife’s genetics classes years ago. Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….

Evolution??? Why would natural selection create variations that might be detrimental to the sustainability of the species?

Wouldn't evolution naturally strengthen/clarify the binary nature of sex in order to ensure propagation, producing healthy offspring?

Of course there are always recessive genes and mutation... but on the level and volume that is being depicted for rationalization sake?

Maybe what's been happening on the genetic level is very unnatural variation, not natural. Maybe it's environmental. For example, PFASs and/or micro-plastics in the water system...who knows?

Also, IMO this thread title should be changed to: "The Hate Directed at LGBTQ Activism... much more accurate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for removing all doubt!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:23 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:11 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:05 pm The obvious, meh man, is WHAT country isn't homophobic ? our facists up North ?
Hey! Look who got to the center of the shrubbery maze! You win a cookie.

ALL countries are homophobic. That's right.

So why did you single out Ukraine?
Read that question out loud to yourself........read my Zelensky 2022 comments......

and get back to us as to why I singled out Ukraine.

I don't see the USA as a homophobic country. As I have written, repeatedadly.
Great. You're wrong.

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:23 pm you and yours keep on telling us this. I will side will Bill Maher, on positive progress. keep on hating
You watch Bill Maher? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who owns HBO, my man? Haven't you been yelling at us for citing MSM?

You are the OG hater on the forum. How much less self aware can you possibly be?

What have you whined about on the forum more than anything else, RRR?

Science, and Vaccines. So....how come you're not on here telling us that we had unbelievable "progress" with the Covid Vaccines?

Protip: just because we've "made progress", doesn't mean we're not a homophobic nation, my man.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The gorgeous young woman from the video clip.......incredible blue eyes........she was born with balls.

Serious question, could she cultivate her own sperm and invetro a baby, placing it in her womb, creating life.

Possible, yes ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:56 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:41 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:26 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:24 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:07 pm

:lol: :lol:
exactly right.......not sure why you support a homophobic country, like Ukraine ? But , love the "flag" :roll:
:lol: America is a homophobic country, my man. Why do you support America?
Dude, clearly you didn't click on the link, to THE awesomeness that IS joe biden and his stance on this issue.

With American leaders , like homophobes the Clinton and Biden, guess you missed mdlaxfan's NPR link about how cool.....Joe B. is now, with the same sex crowd.
What part of "America is a homophobic country" isn't clear to you ?

Want me to bold it for you? America is a homophobic country"
I'll take slight issue with that, as there's been a sea change in opinions over the past two decades. More accurate to say "was"...for 90+% of our time as a country.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... -marriage/

But, sure, there's still a very large and quite rabid part of America that is decidedly homophobic. And they have decided to be very loud about it, presumably horrified and scared by that sea change.

But, meanwhile, a whole lot of people have changed their views, while others have died and been replaced by a dramatically different opinion set among young people.

That truly freaks people out.
Goes hand in hand with being freaked out about women speaking up and a black POTUS.

Lots of overlap among the freaked.
But it's human nature to find change unsettling.

Was watching the second to last episode of Mrs. Maisel last night, group of 60-65 year old intellectuals bemoaning the rapidity of change they'd seen in their lives, born prior to 1900..."humans aren't built to deal with such change"...change throughout most of human history used to be due to exogenous factors like an earthquake or a war, things change for a while but then returned to 'normal'...but these guys had seen women get the vote, civil rights begin...
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:02 pm I'll take slight issue with that, as there's been a sea change in opinions over the past two decades. More accurate to say "was"...for 90+% of our time as a country.
Didn't say that there wasn't progress. America has had progress on a number of fronts. That doesn't mean the problems are fixed. It simply means that we've had progress.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:02 pm I'll take slight issue with that, as there's been a sea change in opinions over the past two decades. More accurate to say "was"...for 90+% of our time as a country.
Didn't say that there wasn't progress. America has had progress on a number of fronts. That doesn't mean the problems are fixed. It simply means that we've had progress.
What "problems", regarding homosexuals, do you need fixing ?

not vague, specific.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:54 pm

:lol:

tech, you clearly don't understand how genetic variation works, entirely randomly, with zero regard to any "rationalization", "propagation", or any other outcome you might imagine to be "desirable".

These are entirely "natural" and constantly happening in all life, including human. For all of the length of time of life's existence.

TLD may post for you a link to a short course on genetics and variation, as I believe he's done more than once over the years.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Certainly agree with that. It's just that I think we've tipped over into a majority view and ain't going back...happened pretty darn fast which is what has those who remain homophobic quite freaked.

Which (to rrr's question) means that the backlash of homophobia can be quite dangerous and harmful. So, yeah, "problems".
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:11 pm
What "problems", regarding homosexuals, do you need fixing ?

not vague, specific.
Doesn't work like that, my man. You don't get to ask questions of me.

Because when I ask them of you, you run away.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is not just the activism your party hates.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:51 pm

tech, you clearly don't understand how genetic variation works, entirely randomly, with zero regard to any "rationalization", "propagation", or any other outcome you might imagine to be "desirable".

These are entirely "natural" and constantly happening in all life, including human. For all of the length of time of life's existence.

TLD may post for you a link to a short course on genetics and variation, as I believe he's done more than once over the years.
:lol: back at you since you clearly didn't understand

The "rationalization" I'm referring to is by people such as yourself and the entire movement to try to explain and normalize "trans" in evolutionary terms (good luck with that). Real trans exists but is rare (I've shared the anecdote re my friend's son, now daughter). I don't begin to buy the number of people claiming "trans" though, most especially, teens. Again, just my opinion.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:46 pm

The "rationalization" I'm referring to is by people such as yourself and the entire movement to try to explain and normalize "trans" in evolutionary terms (good luck with that). Real trans exists but is rare (I've shared the anecdote re my friend's son, now daughter). I don't begin to buy the number of people claiming "trans" though, most especially, teens. Again, just my opinion.
I was responding to your (EDIT seeming) lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...

Yes, as I've cited, observable gender variations in babies are not frequent, but that's just what we can see in sex organ development, it doesn't include all the other variable genes that don't get realized that way. People are on a spectrum. If thinking about just one dimension (and undoubtedly there are multiple) most are reasonably far to one side or anther when it comes to gender, but a pretty darn large chunk are somewhere in between in what they feel about themselves and others. They may tilt one way or another, but that's way less clear when considering things like identity and sexual attraction, which have more to do with the complexities of our brains perhaps than anything else. In other words, sometimes we can see outward manifestations physically, sometimes we can't.

Less than 2% of youth identify as trans, closer to 1% than 2%, and the only real difference over time has been the willingness of that small % to say so out loud.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... ed-states/
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Your opinion can be just as wrong as mine.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 am Way before all the nonsense….. Old Sailor made fun of it….
:lol: ...oh you poor baby. :cry: I was making fun of you.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It's probably all a conspiracy funded by Soros and other globalists... ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:25 pm

I was responding to your clear lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...

Yes, as I've cited, observable gender variations in babies are not frequent, but that's just what we can see in sex organ development, it doesn't include all the other variable genes that don't get realized that way. People are on a spectrum. If thinking about just one dimension (and undoubtedly there are multiple) most are reasonably far to one side or anther when it comes to gender, but a pretty darn large chunk are somewhere in between in what they feel about themselves and others. They may tilt one way or another, but that's way less clear when considering things like identity and sexual attraction, which have more to do with the complexities of our brains perhaps than anything else. In other words, sometimes we can see outward manifestations physically, sometimes we can't.

Less than 2% of youth identify as trans, closer to 1% than 2%, and the only real difference over time has been the willingness of that small % to say so out loud.

And yet, we are knowingly allowing that very percentage to increase prematurely w/irrevocable consequences in minors, nonetheless. Long before they even have the brain developed enough to make these decisions, and we are allowing a parent to overrule or godorbid influence their childs decision.

Call it 'observable gender variation', but at least give it educated time in its development to make the decision to change.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:25 pm

I was responding to your clear lack of comprehension that genetic variation is natural, not abnormal. Indeed variation is what makes evolution possible...you seemed to think that variation would not be intersex or any other place on the spectrum because it wouldn't promote procreation...just doesn't work that way...

And yet, we are knowingly allowing that very percentage to increase prematurely w/irrevocable consequences in minors, nonetheless. Long before they even have the brain developed enough to make these decisions, and we are allowing a parent to overrule or godorbid influence their childs decision.

Call it 'observable gender variation', but at least give it educated time in its development to make the decision to change.
I dunno, doctors have been playing god for generations...making these decisions right out of the womb.

I definitely don't want whacko parents to be making "irreversible" decisions but I'm not sure government should be getting involved, certainly not based on someone's Bible...

I want this to be a carefully considered decision with medical input...but waiting until post puberty may be too late...medically.

So, a conundrum...who you gonna have making decisions, if not parents and children in consultation with doctors?

Want to be careful about medical licensing and standards of care, ok, look to the medical associations...keep politics out.

And there's no actual increase in incidence. Just people saying so out loud.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”