The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The good old days when kids weren't confused.....send Alicia my way though!!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 pm I only engage when you quote me (notification) or call me out by name in one of your posts.
Flat out lie. Just like with not calling anyone a snowflake or whining about cancel culture.

We have the search function for both. I politely offered to leave you alone, and let you enjoy the forum free of my posts. What did you do? You responded to SEVERAL of my posts where I did NOT quote you, or cite you. YOU started engaging me. Go back and look at the tape.

It's STUPID to get as worked up as you do over this stuff. I enjoy your posts. I enjoy our banter. And both of us lose our tempers sometimes. I fail to see how this is REMOTELY serious in real life. it just isn't. I stand by my offer to buy you dinner any time you'd like. You're just as much of a curmudgeon as my Dad....and I love him to the end of the Earth and back. I've learned to enjoy his stubbornness as a feature, not a flaw.

I have no interest-----ZERO-----in making you miserable. But if you're gonna shoot at me? Why the heck would you expect anything other than return fire. It's just silly.
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm I made no such claim.
:lol: Yeah. Ya did.....you asked me for proof of my claim. Here ya go....
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:24 pmBud Lite has been "virtue signaling", as you put int, to the LGBTQ community for DECADES. Your team didn't say a word. So has every other beer, wine, and spirits company. Drag shows, too. NO ONE CARED. It's about money, and nothing else.
Targeted Bud Lite commercial examples please.
You didn't believe me. And tried to call me out.

And when I came back with direct citations of the TV commercials, and the big campaign behind them? Did you say "Thanks, I didn't know that"???

F no. THIS is why we go round and round. Next time? All you have to write is "huh, I didn't see those, you're right". And then guess what? The freaking conversation is over. We move on. And chalk it up to a Xmas miracle that you were able to admit you learned something, or that you were (gasp) wrong.

You are physically unable to do this. So instead? Out comes your bullsh*t...and we go round and round because I'm now laughing at your silly responses.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm But since you asked, the difference now is the power of social media.
Oh. My. G&d. That was LITERALLY the point I was making. YOU are why we go round and round. You're not bothering to read my posts.
a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:53 pm You can say the same thing about the (Bud Light) social influencer. If no one said a word? You couldn't tell he was originally male. What's missing in the soccer ad----and I can't believe you don't get this-----is that YOU and YOUR TEAM didn't take it viral. You didn't whine. You didn't complain. The Earth kept spinning.
Did you read this this time around? I told you that it was YOUR TEAM of "the gays are coming" that took some obscure influencer that NO ONE would have EVER seen, let alone the entire freaking country, if RightWing NutJobs didn't make it viral. YOU did this. The power of YOUR social media, OS.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:54 pm
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:55 pm I only engage when you quote me (notification) or call me out by name in one of your posts.
Flat out lie. Just like with not calling anyone a snowflake or whining about cancel culture.

We have the search function for both. I politely offered to leave you alone, and let you enjoy the forum free of my posts. What did you do? You responded to SEVERAL of my posts where I did NOT quote you, or cite you. YOU started engaging me. Go back and look at the tape.

It's STUPID to get as worked up as you do over this stuff. I enjoy your posts. I enjoy our banter. And both of us lose our tempers sometimes. I fail to see how this is REMOTELY serious in real life. it just isn't. I stand by my offer to buy you dinner any time you'd like. You're just as much of a curmudgeon as my Dad....and I love him to the end of the Earth and back. I've learned to enjoy his stubbornness as a feature, not a flaw.

I have no interest-----ZERO-----in making you miserable. But if you're gonna shoot at me? Why the heck would you expect anything other than return fire. It's just silly.
a fan wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:24 pmBud Lite has been "virtue signaling", as you put int, to the LGBTQ community for DECADES. Your team didn't say a word. So has every other beer, wine, and spirits company. Drag shows, too. NO ONE CARED. It's about money, and nothing else.

And when I came back with direct citations of the TV commercials, and the big campaign behind them? Did you say "Thanks, I didn't know that"???

F no. THIS is why we go round and round. Next time? All you have to write is "huh, I didn't see those, you're right". And then guess what? The freaking conversation is over. We move on. And chalk it up to a Xmas miracle that you were able to admit you learned something, or that you were (gasp) wrong.

You are physically unable to do this. So instead? Out comes your bullsh*t...and we go round and round because I'm now laughing at your silly responses.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm But since you asked, the difference now is the power of social media.
Oh. My. G&d. That was LITERALLY the point I was making. YOU are why we go round and round. You're not bothering to read my posts.
a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:53 pm You can say the same thing about the (Bud Light) social influencer. If no one said a word? You couldn't tell he was originally male. What's missing in the soccer ad----and I can't believe you don't get this-----is that YOU and YOUR TEAM didn't take it viral. You didn't whine. You didn't complain. The Earth kept spinning.
Did you read this this time around? I told you that it was YOUR TEAM of "the gays are coming" that took some obscure influencer that NO ONE would have EVER seen, let alone the entire freaking country, if RightWing NutJobs didn't make it viral. YOU did this. The power of YOUR social media, OS.
Right wing media has folks believing shelves were stocked with cans of beer with the influencers image on them.....
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:02 pm
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:22 pm :lol: :lol: the two of you.... ;) https://www.creativehealthyfamily.com/c ... ther-more/
I don't find it enjoyable at all. It's repetitive, tedious & a waste of time.
Agree to disagree in advance. Don't troll or hector each other.
The sex would have to be really great to put up with nagging like this in a relationship.
you can control this.
Yes but easier to blame others - perhaps the position is more projection/deflection given the whiny schoolgirl behavior. Maybe we’ve been looking at this all wrong!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:29 pm
a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:26 pm
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:22 pm :lol: :lol: the two of you.... ;) https://www.creativehealthyfamily.com/c ... ther-more/
I don't find it enjoyable at all. It's repetitive, tedious & a waste of time.
Agree to disagree in advance. Don't troll or hector each other.
Sigh. Then why engage me? Leave me alone. I gave you that option, politely. What did you do? You immediately started trolling my posts.

How do you think someone would interpret that? Take a wild guess. I ignored the first few...and then returned fire. And as always, you complain when anyone does that.

You post at me to get me to engage. And then get upset when you're wrong.....THAT is when we go round and round. You just can't conceded even the tiniest, STUPID points like: Biden can't make either Putin or Zelesky do what he wants. You can't just say: "Yeah, that's a fair point" like someone who is polite to someone else, and is HONESTLY trying to have a conversation.,

Riddle me this? When was the last time you did that? Conceded even a tiny point I've made. And when you can't freaking remember? Maybe consider that YOU are the reason we go in circles.

This time? You tried to tell me this is the first time that Bud or breweries marketed to the LBGTQ community...and THAT is why there is such a reaction.

As usual, you're dead wrong, and I show you direct TV Ads targeted for LGBTQ market. What do you do? Do you say? "Oh, ok. That's a fair point, and I didn't know that".....and move the F on?

Of COURSE not! Why would Old Salt tell anyone here that he was wrong? You think your weenie will fall off if you do that. So out come the excuses and dumb*ssery, and THAT is what makes us do around and round.

We go round and round EVERY TIME because you're too petty to admit you're freaking wrong, and you won't let it go.
Nothing wrong with being wrong is my motto…..a person that can’t admit to being wrong can’t be trusted.
It actually feels good to occasionally be able to say “I stand corrected”. Heck I did this with my son who’s in show off what you learned mode these days though he needs to settle down a little before he approaches some teenager on the street with it or he will get punched in the face.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Again. I was referring to the discussion on this issue, not to the entirety of my time on this forum.
That should have been obvious.

It's STUPID to get as worked up as you do over this stuff. I enjoy your posts. I enjoy our banter. I no longer do, since you've made it your mission to play your (R) vs (D) score keeping game, rather than consider each issue as an independent variable.And both of us lose our tempers sometimes. I fail to see how this is REMOTELY serious in real life. it just isn't. I stand by my offer to buy you dinner any time you'd like. You're just as much of a curmudgeon as my Dad....and I love him to the end of the Earth and back. I've learned to enjoy his stubbornness as a feature, not a flaw.

I have no interest-----ZERO-----in making you miserable. But if you're gonna shoot at me? Why the heck would you expect anything other than return fire. It's just silly. When I asked you to back off before, you refused. You said it was your mission.
I did not call you out. I simply asked for examples. I could not recall seeing any such commercials. Now that you've provided examples, I still don't recall having seen them. Based on the article you linked, they were not widely viewed or aired. They were narrowly targeted.

Because I did not want to get into a back & forth (like this) about how they were narrowly targeted & not widely aired. If it was a "big campaign", I would have seen the commercials or the specialty packaged product. I'm not an Ellen or Ru Paul viewer. They did not attain Clydesdale or Spuds McKenzie viewership.

My post about the Clydesdale commercial restarted this discussion. It is a commercial aimed at a national audience, not a narrowly targeted commercial, not widely aired, like the examples you provided. It's obviously aimed at a wide national audience in hopes of regaining market share lost since they initiated their outreach campaign & hired Dylan. It is different from the past examples you cite. The ad executive who initiated it is now "on leave". Since I first posted on this issue, you've tried to fuzz it over & minimize it's impact.

...which renders irrelevant your example of earlier narrowly targeted ads & promotions, before social media influencers became so widespread & prominent.
:roll: :lol: ...give me a break. The whole point of Dylan's ads were that (s)he's openly trans & celebrating it. The "soccer ad" was about a wide array of "Typical Americans", the 2 soccer players were just faces in the crowd who were teammates on the US Women's Team. You are assuming everyone recognized them, knew their sexuality, & got that point. It was not obvious. RE. Dylan ("you couldn't tell he was originally male")-- it's good that you're married & no longer have to go out looking for female companionship unsupervised.
It will be interesting to track Bud sales at Sturgis this summer.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/1Nqw/budweiser- ... idson-cans
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Salty:
"it's good that you're married & no longer have to go out looking for female companionship unsupervised."

Oh my, so that's the problem...how could men know ("unsupervised") who the females are?

:o :?
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:58 am It will be interesting to track Bud sales at Sturgis this summer.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/1Nqw/budweiser- ... idson-cans
Yup, gonna need some kind of counter for that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:35 am Salty:
"it's good that you're married & no longer have to go out looking for female companionship unsupervised."

Oh my, so that's the problem...how could men know ("unsupervised") who the females are?

:

Maybe he was in a M. Butterfly situation back in the day and that’s what is driving all of this? Just didn’t pay attention to the Adam’s apple.

Referring it to “Dylan’s ads” either lacks understanding which is very likely or intentionally distorting the issue. As is arguing because the PR woman was out on leave it’s evidence of anything.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Again. I was referring to the discussion on this issue, not to the entirety of my time on this forum.
Still lying. Both for the snowflake, and for you "I only engage" claim.

I sent you the Pm telling you I'd leave you alone. You kept engaging me, even though I didn't quote you or name you. You did it a few times before I finally said to myself "message received, he wants me to keep posting with me", like any rational person would.

a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:53 pm I no longer do, since you've made it your mission to play your (R) vs (D) score keeping game, rather than consider each issue as an independent variable.
This is the center of you and your personality, and explains everything. You don't want to be held responsible for any of your past posts. You want to wallow in your hypocrisy, and not get called out for the fact that your values and moral shift and move according to which party we are discussing.

You're upset that I have noticed you do this. Other posters like TLD and MDLax know you do this, too.

But at the same time you do this? You tell us you want an honest conversation....which is a lie.

What you want to do is sling mud at Dems, while protecting your precious Republican Party. So you do things like yell at your fellow posters for daring to call out Trump's corruption in Scotland, while at the same time, you call Hunter's briefcase "evidence", and get mad if anyone dares get in the way of that laptop. It's insane.

Sorry man, you're on a forum. and you're gonna get called out for intellectual dishonesty.

The part that doesn't occur to you? You can stop being hypocritical with political parties. YOU can control that. Stop doing it, and I'll stop calling you out for it. Your posts don't exist in a vacuum, sorry.

old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm When I asked you to back off before, you refused. You said it was your mission.
I'm not going to let you be hypocritical, sorry, no.

But after I wrote that? I sent you the PM. You refused that offer, too. So here we are.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm I did not call you out. I simply asked for examples. I could not recall seeing any such commercials. Now that you've provided examples, I still don't recall having seen them. Based on the article you linked, they were not widely viewed or aired. They were narrowly targeted.
:lol: Thank you for proving my point. We go around and around because you ALWAYS have some dumb excuse for being wrong.

You can't say "they were narrowly targeted". The social influencer? Wasn't on TV at all. By definition, it's more "narrowly targeted".

How did you hear about it, OS? Did you, unprompted, go to her YouTube channel? :lol: F no.

You heard about it from RIGHTWINGNUTJOBLAND in your RightWIngMediaFeed. You made it go viral.

Now your team is complaining that it went viral after taking it viral.

If you had left it alone, as you did with the 2014 piece, and not taken it viral? It would be the EXACT same thing as the 2014 commercial...you would have never seen or heard about it. Which is, for the 10th time, the ENTIRE point to this thread.

And you're pretending you're too stupid to understand this.

old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm Because I did not want to get into a back & forth (like this)
Right. So concede the point, and move on. You're unable to do this. YOU are the problem, not me.

Again, you can't answer the question: when was the last time you conceded a point I made, and just shut the F up? No equivocations. No bullsh(t. Just concede the point, and move on.

But sure, it's MY fault, and you have NOTHING to do with going round and round and round. :roll:
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm If it was a "big campaign", I would have seen the commercials or the specialty packaged product. I'm not an Ellen or Ru Paul viewer.
What are you, five years old? This is the most boomer comment you've ever made. "I didn't see the ads, therefore it wasn't shown".

:lol: Are your viewing habits the same as a 21-35 year old male? Gosh, i hope not. Protip: I didn't see it, either. I don't watch enough TV to notice ads. I can't remember the last time I saw the Superbowl live. We're not the target audience, OS. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm They did not attain Clydesdale or Spuds McKenzie viewership.
That's right. Why?

Becuase of my point: you and your team didn't take it viral. Which, for the 100th time, is the entire point to this thread.

Take a knee, move on.

F no. THIS is why we go round and round. Next time? All you have to write is "huh, I didn't see those 2014 ads, you're right". And then guess what? The freaking conversation is over. We move on. And chalk it up to a Xmas miracle that you were able to admit you learned something, or that you were (gasp) wrong.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm ...give me a break. The whole point of Dylan's ads were that (s)he's openly trans & celebrating it.
That's the point given to you by TeamRightWingNutJob.

That's like saying the point Kim Kardashian is making is that she's openly straight, and celebrating it. You don't notice Kardashian's sexual preferences because you support it. The problem isn't Dylan. The problem is you and your fellow Americans who take even a millisecond worrying about who someone they never met sleeps with. For all you know, Dylan could like to sleep with women. Why would a man your age....or any age...care? Do you need more hobbies?

Your wife sleeps with men. Should I ostracize her because I think it's weird to sleep with men? :roll:

You're giving me a homophobic interpretation of what the Ad (it's not an Ad, but whatever) is about. The Ad is actually about Budweiser. Or do you think that Anheuser Busch paid a few million dollars with the intent of selling Clydesdale horses on those 9/11 ads?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:50 am It actually feels good to occasionally be able to say “I stand corrected”.
YES!!!! It does. It means you're still learning and listening to others.

Bukowski was right: The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Section from a link I dropped in financial section about lending laws however on this topic at hand

Daylight Shuts Down: Did We Really Need A LGBTQ+ Neobank?

Daylight is that latest neobank to call it quits. The startup had raised $20 million in equity from VCs that included Kapor Capital and Anthemis Group.

And while a recent exposé, revealing alleged questionable business ethics and problematic personal behavior by CEO Rob Curtis, surely didn’t help, the real problem seems to have been a lack of product/market fit: Daylight just didn’t solve (enough) problems for (enough) people.

The verticalization of neobanking continues 📲; FinTech Winter is a brilliant time for banks to increase acquisitions 💸; NFT startups are losing their shine ✨
Image: Daylight
While I was always skeptical of the likelihood of success of this niche neobank, its failure is unfortunate. At a time of escalating “culture wars,” typified by angry Bud Light drinkers shooting the beverage and shoppers threatening Target employees over Pride merch, representation still matters.

But, at least in this instance, representation wasn’t enough to build a viable business.

Some look at the size of the US LGBTQ+ community and their $1.4 trillion in purchasing power and see a huge TAM, but such analysis is reductive, boiling tens of millions of Americans down to a single characteristic — collapsing other attributes that may be more indicative of users’ financial needs and wants.

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community myself, I never understood why I would want to use Daylight vs. any other neobank or established financial institution.

Affinity plays like Daylight have ideally two key benefits vs. general market offerings: products and features tailored to their specific audience and more targeted, effective marketing, resulting in lower cost of customer acquisition. Daylight doesn’t seem to have achieved either of these.

While Daylight did offer some important, meaningful features, like enabling trans customers to use their chosen name, and attempted a late pivot toward focusing on family planning features, ultimately the company failed to gain meaningful traction before running out of runway.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:15 am

I sent you the Pm telling you I'd leave you alone. You kept engaging me, even though I didn't quote you or name you. You did it a few times before I finally said to myself "message received, he wants me to keep posting with me", like any rational person would.

a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:53 pm I no longer do, since you've made it your mission to play your (R) vs (D) score keeping game, rather than consider each issue as an independent variable.
This is the center of you and your personality, and explains everything. You don't want to be held responsible for any of your past posts. You want to wallow in your hypocrisy, and not get called out for the fact that your values and moral shift and move according to which party we are discussing.

You're upset that I have noticed you do this. Other posters like TLD and MDLax know you do this, too.

But at the same time you do this? You tell us you want an honest conversation....which is a lie.

What you want to do is sling mud at Dems, while protecting your precious Republican Party. So you do things like yell at your fellow posters for daring to call out Trump's corruption in Scotland, while at the same time, you call Hunter's briefcase "evidence", and get mad if anyone dares get in the way of that laptop. It's insane.

Sorry man, you're on a forum. and you're gonna get called out for intellectual dishonesty.

The part that doesn't occur to you? You can stop being hypocritical with political parties. YOU can control that. Stop doing it, and I'll stop calling you out for it. Your posts don't exist in a vacuum, sorry.

old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm When I asked you to back off before, you refused. You said it was your mission.

But after I wrote that? I sent you the PM. You refused that offer, too. So here we are.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm I did not call you out. I simply asked for examples. I could not recall seeing any such commercials. Now that you've provided examples, I still don't recall having seen them. Based on the article you linked, they were not widely viewed or aired. They were narrowly targeted.
:lol: Thank you for proving my point. We go around and around because you ALWAYS have some dumb excuse for being wrong.

You can't say "they were narrowly targeted". The social influencer? Wasn't on TV at all. By definition, it's more "narrowly targeted".

How did you hear about it, OS? Did you, unprompted, go to her YouTube channel? :lol: F no.

You heard about it from RIGHTWINGNUTJOBLAND in your RightWIngMediaFeed. You made it go viral.

If you had left it alone, as you did with the 2014 piece, and not taken it viral? It would be the EXACT same thing as the 2014 commercial...you would have never seen or heard about it. Which is, for the 10th time, the ENTIRE point to this thread.

old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm Because I did not want to get into a back & forth (like this)
Right. So concede the point, and move on. You're unable to do this. YOU are the problem, not me.

Again, you can't answer the question: when was the last time you conceded a point I made, and just shut the F up? No equivocations. No bullsh(t. Just concede the point, and move on.

But sure, it's MY fault, and you have NOTHING to do with going round and round and round. :roll:
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm If it was a "big campaign", I would have seen the commercials or the specialty packaged product. I'm not an Ellen or Ru Paul viewer.
What are you, five years old? This is the most boomer comment you've ever made. "I didn't see the ads, therefore it wasn't shown".

:lol: Are your viewing habits the same as a 21-35 year old male? Gosh, i hope not. Protip: I didn't see it, either. I don't watch enough TV to notice ads. I can't remember the last time I saw the Superbowl live. We're not the target audience, OS. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
old salt wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:01 pm They did not attain Clydesdale or Spuds McKenzie viewership.
That's right. Why?

Becuase of my point: you and your team didn't take it viral. Which, for the 100th time, is the entire point to this thread.

Take a knee, move on.

F no. THIS is why we go round and round. Next time? All you have to write is "huh, I didn't see those 2014 ads, you're right". And then guess what? The freaking conversation is over. We move on. And chalk it up to a Xmas miracle that you were able to admit you learned something, or that you were (gasp) wrong.
old salt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:31 pm ...give me a break. The whole point of Dylan's ads were that (s)he's openly trans & celebrating it.

That's like saying the point Kim Kardashian is making is that she's openly straight, and celebrating it. You don't notice Kardashian's sexual preferences because you support it. The problem isn't Dylan. The problem is you and your fellow Americans who take even a millisecond worrying about who someone they never met sleeps with. For all you know, Dylan could like to sleep with women. Why would a man your age....or any age...care? Do you need more hobbies?

Your wife sleeps with men. Should I ostracize her because I think it's weird to sleep with men? :roll:

You're giving me a homophobic interpretation of what the Ad (it's not an Ad, but whatever) is about. The Ad is actually about Budweiser. Or do you think that Anheuser Busch paid a few million dollars with the intent of selling Clydesdale horses on those 9/11 ads?
Of course his behavior has been the sedition of bad faith for a long time. Just dishonest no other way around it.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:50 am It actually feels good to occasionally be able to say “I stand corrected”.

Bukowski was right: The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
While oriented in a professional sense see the HBR piece I dropped in the education system thread earlier today. It’s good for the soul and it’s intelligent investment of ones time with a great ROI!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:04 pm Of course his behavior has been the sedition of bad faith for a long time. Just dishonest no other way around it.
He's trying to gaslight me, and the rest of the forum. Blame ME for not admitting simple stuff like water is wet, and finishing the conversation like a freaking adult. He still can't tell me the last time he's conceded a point, and ended the conversation.

And he desperately wants us to forget his past postings, in case you missed that. That way, he can be a hypocrite on a daily basis, and the rest of us are big ol' jerks for pointing out that his "values" are entirely party based.....and that he's not being honest.

It's our fault he does this, naturally.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:06 pm

While oriented in a professional sense see the HBR piece I dropped in the education system thread earlier today. It’s good for the soul and it’s intelligent investment of ones time with a great ROI!
I do it every day. It's why I'm on the forum. As a reminder, I RARELY post when the stills aren't running (distilling Orange Blossoms as I type). I learn stuff here every day....including from Old Salt, when he's not discussing politicians or political issues. I've learned TONS from you.

The rest of my reading, outside of current events, is spent on professional development, and learning about malting, distilling, and fermentation. It's why I'm where I am today. Most of us are here because we have curious minds, and like hearing opposing views.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:04 pm Of course his behavior has been the sedition of bad faith for a long time. Just dishonest no other way around it.
He's trying to gaslight me, and the rest of the forum. Blame ME for not admitting simple stuff like water is wet, and finishing the conversation like a freaking adult. He still can't tell me the last time he's conceded a point, and ended the conversation.

And he desperately wants us to forget his past postings, in case you missed that. That way, he can be a hypocrite on a daily basis, and the rest of us are big ol' jerks for pointing out that his "values" are entirely party based.....and that he's not being honest.

It's our fault he does this, naturally.
It’s flood the box and risk transference. Heads I win tails you lose.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:33 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:06 pm

I do it every day. It's why I'm on the forum. As a reminder, I RARELY post when the stills aren't running (distilling Orange Blossoms as I type). I learn stuff here every day....including from Old Salt, when he's not discussing politicians or political issues. I've learned TONS from you.

The rest of my reading, outside of current events, is spent on professional development, and learning about malting, distilling, and fermentation. It's why I'm where I am today. Most of us are here because we have curious minds, and like hearing opposing views.
I’ve had like two bourbons in the last 2-3yrs. Not stopped drinking from my stuff but minimal beer or wine occasionally. Miss it but have to be careful for reasons I’ve shared here, or others did to be petty biayches, in the past.

Next time I’m in CO though I’ll have to do a tasting at your shop.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:15 am

That's right. Why?

Take a knee, move on.

Again -- my snowflaker denial was in reference to the recent discussion on this topic.
Doing your word search, you'll find I used "snowflake" (in my words), once, > 2 years ago, as an adjective, on an entirely different topic.
The rest of the search hits were for others using it in quote chains. Nice try.

I re-engaged with you in a non-confrontational manner, sticking to just the subject matter.
It was not long before you dragged us down another rabbit hole, personalizing it & making it a (R) vs (D) thing.
I get few PM's. I don't delete them. I find no PM's from you in my inbox dating back to '2018.

I'm homophobic because I'm not sexually attracted to men, but if I was, it would be genetic ? Okie dokie.
If I'm trapped in the out of touch boomer fringe, why are A-B's sales tanking ?
You don't hire a social media influencer unless you want your message to go viral.
Don't blame this on "my team". A-B got the attention they paid for.
obtw -- I'm a long time loyal hometown booster & investor in AB stock. I am not pleased with the results of this strategy.
My Dad's first job, right out of HS, before going off to WW II was as office boy at "the brewery.
My brother sports a big blue Busch logo decal on the side of his race car.

On the A-B / Dylan issue. I reopened discussion just to update the impact it's having on A-B sales & what they're trying to do.
You immediately began deflecting & diverting, trying to tell us that this is business as usual, blaming it on "my team" & ignoring the impact on sales.
Who's gaslighting on this issue ?
Last edited by old salt on Sun May 28, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They didn’t hire Dylan. This is nonsense that’s been established. In fact there wasn’t even any request or suggesting they use the can publicly. Just nonsense liek so much of what is spewed by some hereS.

Then it’s some bi**h a** claim of “oh don’t hold me to the words I use” or the pathetic I was joking/don’t take me seriously approach. I have adopted the latter. Whatever was is no more. That’s clear, some people just throw away the food they may have done in life. Going down in a flame like Jack Kerouac.

Dishonest and or a feeble mind. Doesn’t matter.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”