Duke Vs. Penn State Semifinal-05/27 @ Noon

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Duke Vs. Penn State Semifinal-05/27 @ Noon

Post by wgdsr »

ironic matt ward lobbying replay by referencing the uva goal vs md when terps had 2 goals after stepping in the crease. and advanced the week before with the help of stepping in the crease.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

2023 Mens D1 Championship...asterisk* forever attached.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:35 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:33 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:32 pm Horrible call. Refs blew it.

DocBarrister
I don’t blame the refs. Hard to see. That should be built into the rules to review
There should be replay but also it's their job and these are supposed to be the best refs out there. Make the right call
I agree but refs are very much fallible as history will show in every sing sport in the high school, college, and pro level. What the f*ck is the point of having all of this technology if you're not gonna use it in such a big moment. Just baffled this hasn't been addressed before
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:39 pm ACC Needs cheating to hang on. Next year the B1G money overwhelms .
lol
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Finster wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:39 pm

DocBarrister
I don’t blame the refs. Hard to see. That should be built into the rules to review
There should be replay but also it's their job and these are supposed to be the best refs out there. Make the right call

Not the refs fault. Chill out. Tough view.
It is someone’s fault, and that makes it the refs’ fault.

Doesn’t mean the mistake isn’t understandable (lacrosse is one of the toughest games to officiate), but the refs blew the call.

The refs should at least acknowledge the mistake as a token of respect to Penn State.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Finster

Post by Finster »

viho wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:39 pm Media got it right:

“A stain”
“Controversy”
“Penn state will have to live with that their whole lives.”

Media are paid to hyperventilate. There was 60 minutes to win. Yes it stinks it’s sudden death but let’s not kid ourselves that PSU didn’t have other chances.
Itaintoveryet16

Post by Itaintoveryet16 »

masondixonlax wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:42 pm

DocBarrister
I agree but refs are very much fallible as history will show in every sing sport in the high school, college, and pro level. What the f*ck is the point of having all of this technology if you're not gonna use it in such a big moment. Just baffled this hasn't been addressed before
Worst non call by refs in the history of mens lax tourney Shame on them
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:39 pm Coach Bill Tierney is right … that bad call will be with the Penn State players for the rest of their lives.

How can the rules committee be so imbecilic?
ProTip: Bill Tierney, Tambroni, and everyone else can lobby the NCAA lax rules committee BEFORE something like this happens.

This is on all of D1 lacrosse, not a few guys. Review in the Final Four could have been in place YEARS ago.

Either no one thought to do it, or not enough coaches, AD's etc. called for it.

Blame them.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:40 pm

DocBarrister

Lol, you've now told two people in the span of a minute to "relax" and "chill out" just for discussing the deciding moment of a Final Four game. You're a massive weirdo
no need to get personal
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

more irony i don't think those guys missed a call all game prior. it was a terrificly officiated game until... and the near side ref had i think no obstruction and should've been able to make this one. he was in perfect position.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:40 pm I agree it was a bad call, but I disagree with the announcers who want more video reviews. Football is much less watchable with video reviews, and imagine being in the stands during an interminable review?
I’m not a big fan of replay review. But you should have no review or, if there is going to be review, make all key plays reviewable (certainly game-ending goals).

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:46 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:39 pm Coach Bill Tierney is right … that bad call will be with the Penn State players for the rest of their lives.

ProTip: Bill Tierney, Tambroni, and everyone else can lobby the NCAA lax rules committee BEFORE something like this happens.

This is on all of D1 lacrosse, not a few guys. Review in the Final Four could have been in place YEARS ago.

Blame them.
agreed. also unintended consequences... what are the rules going to be? only the last call? all of them? 2 challenges? what about other calls, then?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:47 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:40 pm I agree it was a bad call, but I disagree with the announcers who want more video reviews. Football is much less watchable with video reviews, and imagine being in the stands during an interminable review?
I’m not a big fan of replay review. But you should have no review or, if there is going to be review, make all key plays reviewable (certainly game-ending goals).

DocBarrister
i mean that's what we want today but what about an identical call missed maybe minutes earlier? if both (or more) go against one team?
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:48 pm

Blame them.
agreed. also unintended consequences... what are the rules going to be? only the last call? all of them? 2 challenges? what about other calls, then?
don't think there is a clear cut answer 5 minutes following said incident but what just happened should not have occurred in such an important moment and will likely be adjusted by next year (hopefully)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Well this discussion jumped the shark quickly. Everyone does realize that if that goal wasn’t allowed Penn St. doesn’t just win. Their offense, the same one that just had a man up to win it with 1:30 left against a goalie who had had 1 save in the last 30 minutes of game time and literally didn’t try a shot. It is at least even money Duke wins anyway. A bad but understandable missed call, a bad look there isn’t reply but it’s not like it was a basketball game when a team that is losing has a shot to win at the buzzer that is inappropriately counted. It will haunt the players indeed (and the refs) forever but it isn’t a travesty against humanity. No one threw a game.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

it straight sux that such a great game (and well reffed prior) ends that way. and that's for me, how must psu feel? they'll never forget it.

not to mention, friggin' dook advances. w.t.f.!!

i didn't have this on my ouiga board half an hour ago.
Last edited by wgdsr on Sat May 27, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

DocBarrister

Of course its the refs fault, they blew the call. It's there job to get it right, they blew it, plain and simple. I get it happens, they're human, and there should be replay but, its moronic to thinks its not their fault. Sick to my stomach, just awful
Finster

Post by Finster »

Blame them.

+1
Finster

Post by Finster »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:52 pm Well this discussion jumped the shark quickly. Everyone does realize that if that goal wasn’t allowed Penn St. doesn’t just win. Their offense, the same one that just had a man up to win it with 1:30 left against a goalie who had had 1 save in the last 30 minutes of game time and literally didn’t try a shot. It is at least even money Duke wins anyway. A bad but understandable missed call, a bad look there isn’t reply but it’s not like it was a basketball game when a team that is losing has a shot to win at the buzzer that is inappropriately counted. It will haunt the players indeed (and the refs) forever but it isn’t a travesty against humanity. No one threw a game.

Thank you the nuance. Some of these posters are lunatics.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”