Denver v. Northwestern 3:00 pm 5/26/2023

D1 Womens Lacrosse
ultravisitor

Re: Denver v. Northwestern 3:00 pm 5/26/2023

Post by ultravisitor »

njbill wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:05 pm Laliberty should be getting some props. She has eight saves. Playing extremely well.
I don't think she's gotten the respect she has deserved all season long because her overall save percentage isn't that great. But people who have kept an eye on and who have been watching Northwestern know that, perhaps with the exception of the first game of the season, she's been there with the stops when her team has needed her, which is really the most important thing. KAH has even told her in tight games not to worry about the goals because she knew she'd make the stops when she needed to. That is exactly what she has done.

She came to this season in Division I with big game experience, and it has definitely shown. Other goalies might have had higher save percentages over the course of the season, but Laliberty has done what she's needed to do in order for her team to be playing on Championship Sunday.

She and the rest of the NU defense are probably the best NU defense since Morgan Lathrop was in cage.
njbill

Re: Denver v. Northwestern 3:00 pm 5/26/2023

Post by njbill »

She definitely played the best of the four goalies yesterday.

I have this discussion/argument with Larry on a regular basis about save percentage. Yes, it is an important metric, but you really need to look at each shot that is saved and each shot that goes in to evaluate how well the goalie is playing.

Using this eye test, Laliberty has been playing very well.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”