Final Four in Philadelphia

D1 Mens Lacrosse
azim21

Final Four in Philadelphia

Post by azim21 »

I find it funny the ACC decided to postpone their conference tournament until Memorial Day weekend (and invited Penn State to join!). Lol, but all jokes aside it should be a fantastic final four weekend. This will be my first time attending and for those of you who have been there before, is there anything I should be on the lookout for? It looks like there's a tailgate party the NCAA offers but it's $150 per person per day (not including game ticket) and I don't know if that's worth it.

Also open to any suggestions on the best place to get a philly cheesesteak!
Brownlax

Re: Final Four in Philadelphia

Post by Brownlax »

azim21 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:23 am I find it funny the ACC decided to postpone their conference tournament until Memorial Day weekend (and invited Penn State to join!). Lol, but all jokes aside it should be a fantastic final four weekend. This will be my first time attending and for those of you who have been there before, is there anything I should be on the lookout for? It looks like there's a tailgate party the NCAA offers but it's $150 per person per day (not including game ticket) and I don't know if that's worth it.

$150 per person? I hope they are serving Tomahawk Rib Eyes and some lobster tails.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

azim21 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:23 am I find it funny the ACC decided to postpone their conference tournament until Memorial Day weekend (and invited Penn State to join!). Lol, but all jokes aside it should be a fantastic final four weekend. This will be my first time attending and for those of you who have been there before, is there anything I should be on the lookout for? It looks like there's a tailgate party the NCAA offers but it's $150 per person per day (not including game ticket) and I don't know if that's worth it.

Dalessandros — there’s a wait.

https://dalessandros.com/
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Haven't been there in awhile but when I lived in Philly I was partial to Jim's on South Street. Pat's and Geno's are fun for the atmosphere but are not the best cheesesteaks.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Brownlax wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:30 am

$150 per person? I hope they are serving Tomahawk Rib Eyes and some lobster tails.
haha for real! Open Bar & Tailgate snacks is what they offer. The open bar is nice but I don't think I'm going to drink $150 worth of beer myself! You get a photo op with the trophy (oh boy so worth it! /s) They do say in-stadium hospitality though so maybe there's more food? Idk but 150 bucks is too much to risk!
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

rolldodge wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:57 am

Haven't been there in awhile but when I lived in Philly I was partial to Jim's on South Street. Pat's and Geno's are fun for the atmosphere but are not the best cheesesteaks.
Look's like Jim's is temporarily closed due to a fire. Closest highly rated places to the stadium would probably be Tony Luke's or John's Roast Pork.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Luke’s is a good one, and right up the shtreet
from the Linc.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes - sweaty forearm salt topping included
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:45 am

Yes sir. Dalessandro's it is. Pat and Geno's are certainly good and the atmosphere can range from a cool carnival to be able to say that you experienced to oppressive. However, Dalessandro's is a better a steak, a fun scene and much less touristy. Get a mushroom, wiz, with.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wit …
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:36 pmWit …
Mushroom (self-explanatory), wiz (cheese wiz, sounds crazy, must have), with (means with onions, say without if you don't want them, pulls the flavor of the steak together). Spit it out fast to keep the line moving and sound like a frequent flyer.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

FYI my Saturday e-ticket says 1pm, just called Lincoln Financial, they said noon. Memorial Day ticket says 1pm, LFF confirmed this but I'm going under the assumption noon also just because... they've been noon in the past.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm FYI my Saturday e-ticket says 1pm, just called Lincoln Financial, they said noon. Memorial Day ticket says 1pm, LFF confirmed this but I'm going under the assumption noon also just because... they've been noon in the past.
The Final is at 1PM on Monday.

Joe
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

azim21 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:59 am

haha for real! Open Bar & Tailgate snacks is what they offer. The open bar is nice but I don't think I'm going to drink $150 worth of beer myself! You get a photo op with the trophy (oh boy so worth it! /s) They do say in-stadium hospitality though so maybe there's more food? Idk but 150 bucks is too much to risk!
"i never saw a hearst with a uhaul".
me: after 2 a.m. in a.c.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:38 pm
azim21 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:59 am

"i never saw a hearst with a uhaul".
me: after 2 a.m. in a.c.
2 am IS when the pros get their second winds and carry on.

Anyone know who is reffing the games, so the choice of how to bet on ........ :roll: :roll:

.....think it's gross you can bet on college sports. Always have.

what IS the line, so I can bet.? I'll hit that thread...........children read these threads.... :lol: 8-) :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:45 am

"No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
Itaintoveryet16

Post by Itaintoveryet16 »

College campuses are much better overall experience for FF. Get it back to College Park following year Rutgers etc
CU77

Post by CU77 »

College campus Athletic Dept staff would have do the work of putting on the event. How many want to give up their Memorial Day weekend?
Itaintoveryet16

Post by Itaintoveryet16 »

CU77 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:24 pm College campus Athletic Dept staff would have do the work of putting on the event. How many want to give up their Memorial Day weekend?
It was the norm for many years college campuses host FF's Concrete parking lot of Philly just cant compare to experience fans athletes have playing likes of College Park etc. My opinion nothing south of Maryland or north of CT.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Marylands staff got tired of giving up their Memorial Day weekends. No other school was anxious to host. UVA was leaned on and Dom responded but they really did not want to host. Yale s sniffed around that year but interest was not taken up and i do not think they made a proposal.

There have been some ghost hosts w Corrigan Sports doing the managing of the event and the school lending its name to keep it more or less kosher. I assume students or some third party were hired to do the event work but don’t know

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”