The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:58 pm
DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:52 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:04 pm
DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:18 am Tranny (I think that's what you're talking about) isn't being respectful?
Why, because a couple of syllables are dropped? Seems as if no matter
what you call a person anymore they're going to find a way to be offended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jor6jqaYQBs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny

It's mostly been used in a derogatory manner. Which is why people get offended over the use even if you meant no offense.
I'd be willing to bet that most (if not the vast majority) people don't know this and simply see it as a shortened version as the word. I don't think people really care all that much about this stuff, don't give it all that much thought despite what one might be led to believe in watching the news, talking heads...etc. Even the people who don't care about this stuff are hurting Bud Light sales as they just don't want to be seen with a can of it and drug into the discussion. This was a bad move for Bud and I really don't see this coming to an end any time soon.
Been to a few establishments and the bud light taps and kegs have all been replaced. Asked around and they said no one is drinking it.
This is what you think about when you are out?
Not thinking it's the only thing youth is thinking about though, right?
Odds are you're going to be exposed to reportings and information about
the extra support for tucking swimwear stores are stocking and the debacle
Bud finds itself in. I don't find it at all surprising that one would ask the bartender
how Bud Light sales are going. Good person to get some battlefield information
from. The curiosity is piqued by the story that is being pushed.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:47 pm
DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:18 am Tranny (I think that's what you're talking about) isn't being respectful?

It's mostly been used in a derogatory manner. Which is why people get offended over the use even if you meant no offense.
I'd be willing to bet that most (if not the vast majority) people don't know this and simply see it as a shortened version as the word. I don't think people really care all that much about this stuff, don't give it all that much thought despite what one might be led to believe in watching the news, talking heads...etc. Even the people who don't care about this stuff are hurting Bud Light sales as they just don't want to be seen with a can of it and drug into the discussion. This was a bad move for Bud and I really don't see this coming to an end any time soon.
Been to a few establishments and the bud light taps and kegs have all been replaced. Asked around and they said no one is drinking it.
Bud finds itself in. I don't find it at all surprising that one would ask the bartender
It would not cross my mind. Was at a spot yesterday for Pizza and Beer. It didn’t occur to me….
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

So some would and some wouldn't. If you're sitting at a bar with 6 taps in front of you, I don't see it as surprising that one would look to see if there's a Bud Light tap or not given the current hot topic, ya know. Sitting at a table with a beer and pizza is a bit different, a little less likely there. Thinking about going to the watering hole for the Denver-Northwestern game tomorrow. Not a definite, I absolutely will ask if we go though. I find it all entertaining at this point. I'll let you know how it goes if I go.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:51 pm

It would not cross my mind. Was at a spot yesterday for Pizza and Beer. It didn’t occur to me….
Gotta back YA on this one.....I would ask if I wasn't in the industry out of curiosity.

What folks don't get is that beer sales in the US is in free fall. Have been for a while. Craft beer? Down almost 20% year over year.

So someone at AB or even a hired marketing company, who knows for sure because they'll never give you a straight answer........tried something that they didn't think was a super big deal....BudLight's been supporting LBGTQ bars for a looooooong time. So have pretty much ALL the alcohol brands. Shocker, I know.

You know, Jordan rules, fellas: Republicans wear sneakers, too. That's all this is. Seems like folks would support that idea, but apparently not.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 pm

Gotta back YA on this one.....I would ask if I wasn't in the industry out of curiosity.

What folks don't get is that beer sales in the US is in free fall. Have been for a while. Craft beer? Down almost 20% year over year.

So someone at AB or even a hired marketing company, who knows for sure because they'll never give you a straight answer........tried something that they didn't think was a super big deal....BudLight's been supporting LBGTQ bars for a looooooong time. So have pretty much ALL the alcohol brands. Shocker, I know.

You know, Jordan rules, fellas: Republicans wear sneakers, too. That's all this is. Seems like folks would support that idea, but apparently not.
It just wouldn’t occur to me. Mostly because I am not interested and don’t drink it. It’s college kid beer in my mind.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote
Mostly because I am not interested and don’t drink it. It’s college kid beer in my mind.
If it's the only beer at a place I'm not drinking any beer. Not a fussy beer drinker, there's something
rotten in Budweiser....awful stuff. I like mine smooth, always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CD3l8pI-fY
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

The high school kids I coach regulary say "that's gay" and "don't play like a fa**ot". This was the kind of stuff we said in the 80's and 90's. Didn't think I'd keep hearing it in 2020+.

Bud's been doing this stuff for many years before this incident. Targeting everyone who wants to drink beer and advertising to them. Gay, straight, bi, trans, ace, conservative, liberal, whatever. Miller and most other beers too. You'd be hard pressed to find any beer that isn't "woke".

You and most of America wouldn't have known Bud gave a special can to a trans influencer if some snowflakes didn't make a stink about it. That's what it boils down to. A concentrated effort by some loudmouth snowflakes to bemoan capitalism.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 pm

The high school kids I coach regulary say "that's gay" and "don't play like a fa**ot". This was the kind of stuff we said in the 80's and 90's. Didn't think I'd keep hearing it in 2020+.

Bud's been doing this stuff for many years before this incident. Targeting everyone who wants to drink beer and advertising to them. Gay, straight, bi, trans, ace, conservative, liberal, whatever. Miller and most other beers too. You'd be hard pressed to find any beer that isn't "woke".

You and most of America wouldn't have known Bud gave a special can to a trans influencer if some snowflakes didn't make a stink about it. That's what it boils down to. A concentrated effort by some loudmouth snowflakes to bemoan capitalism.
A close friend who works in early childhood education development for USAid just made that joke comment to me-asked him about not the voucher version but school choice as described in a lax thread of choosing two public schools in same district and I asked him if he would’ve gone to Vestal Hs instead of Binghamton and his text reply was “interesting, in theory yes but then again Vestal kids are f**s”. Point taken but was surprised coming from him because he’s definitely in the “go to politics and prose and hear some provocateur on the left talk about their new book” crowd.

(BHS was excellent but we were the tail end, it’s fallen off a cliff last 10–20yrs but he and I were the only two in the top 20 of our class who didn’t go Ivy of equivalent such as haverford in a graduating class of around 350 kids)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:09 pm

That may be true but stupid. And of course so short term oriented given how recent this was.

I haven’t notice any difference here.
Yea...its real stupid to keep beer on tap longer than 90 days, espeically when no one is purchasing it. Sounds like something Kodak tried years ago. ;) :lol:
It hasn’t been 90 days first of all. There’s also Purchasing discounts and other incentives given its InBev a Belgian super beer conglomerate.

Maybe Old Salt can have a refresher from Fox News on Confirmaiton bias and explain it to you. Sounds like you live inside your own algorithm.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri May 26, 2023 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Really, even if I may still be hands off you get one guess as to what I’m paying attention to when I walk into a bar.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes but if you go to bars that Kid Rock peruses then your not really learning much. Go to bars you wouldn’t go to, inner harbor, some effete faux Irish bar that’s nothing like what a real pub in Ireland looks like and see.

I can go ask my family in Steuben Co about it or my uncle in York PA who’s FB feed is him with semis, cigars and motorcycles and know their answer which would be something along the lines of “f**k them fa**ots” just like I can go visit my sister and suddenly their swilling Bud Light while their discussing some atrocity they just learned about from Noam Chomsky in between his sex parties with Epstein.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:05 pm So some would and some wouldn't. If you're sitting at a bar with 6 taps in front of you, I don't see it as surprising that one would look to see if there's a Bud Light tap or not given the current hot topic, ya know. Sitting at a table with a beer and pizza is a bit different, a little less likely there. Thinking about going to the watering hole for the Denver-Northwestern game tomorrow. Not a definite, I absolutely will ask if we go though. I find it all entertaining at this point. I'll let you know how it goes if I go.
Describe the customer base as you observe it and the bars vibe in general as well.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:54 am

That may be true but stupid. And of course so short term oriented given how recent this was.

Yea...its real stupid to keep beer on tap longer than 90 days, espeically when no one is purchasing it. Sounds like something Kodak tried years ago. ;) :lol:
It hasn’t been 90 days first of all. There’s also Purchasing discounts and other incentives given its InBev a Belgian super beer conglomerate.

Maybe Old Salt can have a refresher from Fox News on Confirmaiton bias and explain it to you. Sounds like you live inside your own algorithm.
You make it sound like the keg was tapped the same day the marketing issue went down..... :roll: amazing how connected you are with all bars and when their kegs are tapped.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 pm

I dropped the entire piece from WSJ in here 1-3 pgs back. Fairly comprehensive. It wasn’t external the head of PR for the brand thought they had a clear mandate front that C suite to make major changes because bud light has been struggling sent the can as a one off the Mulaney person threw it up on her own channel on YouTube or whatever and a bunch of maggots saw it and spread it into theFox/Newsmax/dips**t Carlson world and it spread.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote
Mostly because I am not interested and don’t drink it. It’s college kid beer in my mind.
If it's the only beer at a place I'm not drinking any beer. Not a fussy beer drinker, there's something
rotten in Budweiser....awful stuff. I like mine smooth, always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CD3l8pI-fY
Not even a landing strip?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:04 am

You make it sound like the keg was tapped the same day the marketing issue went down..... :roll: amazing how connected you are with all bars and when their kegs are tapped.
You said no one drank it and then assumed it had to do with this issue but if it was tapped prior to the issue being public amazing how you turned correlation into causation without surveying all the customers.

Kodak behavior is what this idiot right following the FL crowd, Hawley etc-one foot in the grave to be more than a nasty footnote in my chickens world. Irrelevant, morally cheap and unable to adopt to a changing world around them.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 am
DMac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:05 pm So some would and some wouldn't. If you're sitting at a bar with 6 taps in front of you, I don't see it as surprising that one would look to see if there's a Bud Light tap or not given the current hot topic, ya know. Sitting at a table with a beer and pizza is a bit different, a little less likely there. Thinking about going to the watering hole for the Denver-Northwestern game tomorrow. Not a definite, I absolutely will ask if we go though. I find it all entertaining at this point. I'll let you know how it goes if I go.
Describe the customer base as you observe it and the bars vibe in general as well.
I have never noticed a bud light tap at spots I frequent. I see the metal bottles but not taps. I am going to look tonight but doubt there will be one. Cans more than likely if anything.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:13 am

You said no one drank it and then assumed it had to do with this issue but if it was tapped prior to the issue being public amazing how you turned correlation into causation without surveying all the customers.

Kodak behavior is what this idiot right following the FL crowd, Hawley etc-one foot in the grave to be more than a nasty footnote in my chickens world. Irrelevant, morally cheap and unable to adopt to a changing world around them.
I am pretty sure you can’t return tapped kegs. Unsold cases of beer and untapped kegs can be sold back to the distributor at cost. Happens all the time. Lending to an AB, Miller beer distributor is pretty good business.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:15 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 am
I have never noticed a bud light tap at spots I frequent. I see the metal bottles but not taps. I am going to look tonight but doubt there will be one. Cans more than likely if anything.
after a wonderful day of surfing in fall of 2021, decided to hit a bar in Hampton Beach, nh. Definitely a 'budlight" town.
metal, instead of glass, bottles, is a sign of a violent place. King T's, city garden would often only sell beer in plastic cups, instead of the usual bottles. violence . As if Jello is advocating violence. 40 years later, and fresh fruit lyrics hit hard....only Pol Pot is replaced by Putin, we guess.

What budlite, and society for that matter, is put mental illness as acceptable. Dylan Mulronney (sp ) IS mentally ill.

(tell us, , how PROUD anyone would be watching your 25 year old lip sync to a broadway soundtrack, full on dress play, costume and make up. don't care "what" gender. If they are getting "paid" for it, fine. No one is paying Dylan. )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:25 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:13 am

I am pretty sure you can’t return tapped kegs. Unsold cases of beer and untapped kegs can be sold back to the distributor at cost. Happens all the time. Lending to an AB, Miller beer distributor is pretty good business.
I kind of thought that would be the case. My workout friends says it sucks from a LGD/Loss Severity/recovery perspective because half the inventory walks out the door before the receiver or CRO can do anything about it. So on paper it’s good ABL but portfolio Mgt/surveillance sure seems important.

Either way the rebuttal from YA didnt Square with logic.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”