Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
backerzone

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by backerzone »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Guy on the Brown thread who has had good info on personnel said TYK is going to Rutgers for football. They recruited him out of HS.
His father played football at Penn State
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Looks like he may also have gotten a look from some Ivy schools for football,

Trevor Yeboah-Kodie

Junior running back at Garden City High School (N.Y.). Has two offers from Dartmouth and Princeton
PicLax

Post by PicLax »

Lacrosse Bucket portal tracker has several additional names and a few commitments not currently listed in this forum.

Boston U: J.P. Jackson (A)
Fairfield: Zack Antonia (D)
Harvard: Chase Yager (SSDM) - UVA
Jacksonville: Immanuel Brown (M)
Monmouth: Max Kunnath (G)
Mount St. Mary's: Connor Beals (FO)
Sacred Heart: Nicky LaBanca (G) - Binghamton
St. Bonaventure: Will McKay (M), Brady Wijbrandts (M), Aiden Smith (FO)
Wagner: Danny Brady (G), Tommy Ilvento (FO)

DII/III
Muhlanberg: James Dalimonte (M) - Penn State
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PicLax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:19 am Lacrosse Bucket portal tracker has several additional names and a few commitments not currently listed in this forum.

Boston U: J.P. Jackson (A)
Fairfield: Zack Antonia (D)
Harvard: Chase Yager (SSDM) - UVA
Jacksonville: Immanuel Brown (M)
Monmouth: Max Kunnath (G)
Mount St. Mary's: Connor Beals (FO)
Sacred Heart: Nicky LaBanca (G) - Binghamton
St. Bonaventure: Will McKay (M), Brady Wijbrandts (M), Aiden Smith (FO)
Wagner: Danny Brady (G), Tommy Ilvento (FO)

DII/III
Muhlanberg: James Dalimonte (M) - Penn State
Looked up Dalimonte and see he’s 5’8”, had a season ending injury and shot 25% the last two seasons. Will keep an eye out to see how he fits into PSU.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:36 pm Princeton: Sam English (M), Jake Stevens (M), Alex Slusher (A), Beau Pederson (SSDM), Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A), Griffen Rakower (G), Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D)
Vermont: Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC

Key
* in the portal for 2025 season
# undergraduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update

Since it seems like the majority of transfers now are grad students, we should switch the # symbol to denote the less common undergraduate transfer. If there's no # symbol, that means the player is a transferring as a grad student.
Any chance the Princeton players Vardaro and Ronda are considering Hopkins?

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I feel like the list was a lot longer last year at this time. Maybe I am wrong but it is a good thing if the transfers slow down a bit.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Exlaxbro wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:42 am I feel like the list was a lot longer last year at this time. Maybe I am wrong but it is a good thing if the transfers slow down a bit.
Would be expected but also I think more are figuring out still what they want based on where they may have been accepted. Doesn’t strictly follow traditional enrollment timelines for many/all colleges on these circumstances. More kids who lost part of their FR year rather than mid college career so different choice.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:07 am
Exlaxbro wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:42 am I feel like the list was a lot longer last year at this time. Maybe I am wrong but it is a good thing if the transfers slow down a bit.
Would be expected but also I think more are figuring out still what they want based on where they may have been accepted. Doesn’t strictly follow traditional enrollment timelines for many/all colleges on these circumstances. More kids who lost part of their FR year rather than mid college career so different choice.
That makes sense. I went back through the forum from last year and there were a ton more on that list. Many never found a landing spot so I am happy this group is thinking through it a bit more.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Gait involved with running a camp for players in the portal

https://tsjlacrosse.leagueapps.com/even ... s-lacrosse

Overview:

The St. James built the transfer portal series to better connect student athletes with the opportunity to showcase their lacrosse skill set in front of collegiate coaches. This unique recruiting event will assist athletes in their journey of continuing to play lacrosse at a new institution.

The transfer portal is a two-day event at The St. James world class facility near Washington, D.C. Teams will be coached by women with accolades that include World Cup Champions, National Champions, Professional Athletes, and former collegiate coaches. All participants will have their combine, practice, and game performances evaluated by participating college coaches from DI, DII, and DIII programs either in person or via game film.

Details:

The most important (and often ignored) part of successfully managing transitions like transferring institutions is establishing a strong self understanding. As part of The Portal Event, you will be trained on proven methods for establishing a stronger self identity based on your Why, your Strengths, and your Values. Participants will also be trained on how to use your self identity for a more successful transfer and beyond for your early professional career. Know that you are not alone. This methodology has been used for years by The Honor Foundation, an organization committed to helping military special forces manage their transitions from the military, to their first non-military jobs.

- National & Collegiate Level Lacrosse Coaching & Mentoring

- Athletic Combine & Team Practices

- 2 Games (Division I Officiating)

- Full Access to ALL Game Film
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

10stone5 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:59 am Looks like he may also have gotten a look from some Ivy schools for football,

Trevor Yeboah-Kodie

Junior running back at Garden City High School (N.Y.). Has two offers from Dartmouth and Princeton
Trevor was the NYS POY in Football and received interest from many big time schools to play Football. Not just the Ivies. His folks let the recruiters know EMPHATICALLY that football was NOT IN Trev's college plans.

I watched him play in H.S. I'd be interested to watch him play at the next level.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:16 am
10stone5 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:59 am Looks like he may also have gotten a look from some Ivy schools for football,

Trevor Yeboah-Kodie

Trevor was the NYS POY in Football and received interest from many big time schools to play Football. Not just the Ivies. His folks let the recruiters know EMPHATICALLY that football was NOT IN Trev's college plans.

I watched him play in H.S. I'd be interested to watch him play at the next level.
The next level meaning college or just throwing caution to the wind and trying to get camp invites? And does this square with the assertion or information fed here that he’s going to play football at Rutgers?
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

Exlaxbro wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:16 am
That makes sense. I went back through the forum from last year and there were a ton more on that list. Many never found a landing spot so I am happy this group is thinking through it a bit more.
My guess would be that a lot of kids were embarrassed seeing their name on that list without a New School. It would make sense that they learned from the onslaught of names on the list last year and are going through the process in a more private way.

Post by 1766 »

Yeboah-Kodie is most definitely entering the Rutgers football program as a PWO.

The portal list is incomplete. There are players talking through back channels not on that list that are talking to other schools. When they finally enter if they do, they will already know where they are going. Not a ton, but certainly a handful.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Okay so are you gonna post it or not?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jrn19 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:45 pm Okay so are you gonna post it or not?
Maybe Rutgers is getting an attackman from New Zealand this year
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:52 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:45 pm Okay so are you gonna post it or not?
Maybe Rutgers is getting an attackman from New Zealand this year
:lol:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 am
wahoomurf wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:16 am

Trevor Yeboah-Kodie

The next level meaning college or just throwing caution to the wind and trying to get camp invites? And does this square with the assertion or information fed here that he’s going to play football at Rutgers?
Mea Culpa.Poorly worded.A year readjusting to FB.Then perhaps the NFL.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

BrownDad wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:25 pm
My guess would be that a lot of kids were embarrassed seeing their name on that list without a New School. It would make sense that they learned from the onslaught of names on the list last year and are going through the process in a more private way.
Another interesting take. I didn’t realize players could keep it a secret but I guess this list on here is generated by word of mouth and not from an official site.

Post by 1766 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:55 pm
BrownDad wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:25 pm
Another interesting take. I didn’t realize players could keep it a secret but I guess this list on here is generated by word of mouth and not from an official site.
Kids can and often do work through intermediaries. Once they enter the portal, it's almost a certainty as to where they will land. Early Ivy announcers wouldn't fall under that category along with some others. It behooves a player to keep it as close to the vest as possible.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I don’t disagree but there were so many on the list last year that seemed to have never found a home. Maybe the lesson was learned and now kids are playing it close to the vest.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”