Tewaaraton Finalist

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Tewaaraton Finalist

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:48 am Can I get extra credit for Chris towards our last Fantasy season then. Another crack at OHMI and TLD?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:51 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:48 am Can I get extra credit for Chris towards our last Fantasy season then. Another crack at OHMI and TLD?
Then give it to Oneill
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Finster

Post by Finster »

Well, ND just helped O’Neill launch into the drivers seat.
molo

Post by molo »

Looks like the only college player on Team USA wraps it up with a good game Monday.
Finster

Post by Finster »

molo wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:26 pm Looks like the only college player on Team USA wraps it up with a good game Monday.

I guess there is some justice if he does; UVA’s recruiting is just absurdly good, they need to share the goods.

UVA by my count has the #1 recruits of Shellenberger, Millon, and Duenkel; Duke has O’Neill. Cuse has Spallina. My gut tells me this is Dukes year, and Cuse gets one in the next three. 😂

Anyway my brain is fried. I truly expected UVA to win today comfortably. Fairly shocked that ND kept it close let alone won.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:39 pm
molo wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:26 pm Looks like the only college player on Team USA wraps it up with a good game Monday.

I guess there is some justice if he does; UVA’s recruiting is just absurdly good, they need to share the goods.

UVA by my count has the #1 recruits of Shellenberger, Millon, and Duenkel; Duke has O’Neill. Cuse has Spallina. My gut tells me this is Dukes year, and Cuse gets one in the next three. 😂

Anyway my brain is fried. I truly expected UVA to win today comfortably. Fairly shocked that ND kept it close let alone won.
Dobson when he’s on is a huge difference maker- you saw him I believe on an off day
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Is it too late to add TJ Malone ?

He was the best player on the field (all day) Saturday.
He couldn’t miss.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:43 am Is it too late to add TJ Malone ?

He couldn’t miss.
No kidding. And when I realized he led the BigTen in Ppg it starts to seem like a miss but that’s only because as Tambroni did a good job coaching this team this year. This could be like 2004-2005 or so for him at Cornell with what appears to be coming.
lorin

Post by lorin »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:43 am Is it too late to add TJ Malone ?

He couldn’t miss.
Yes ONeil is the best player in a generation. LMAO
Ezra White

Post by Ezra White »

I think it's too early to judge Syracuse. There are all sorts of things that could happen -- within team jealousy, a few superstars without team-wide chemistry, injuries, etc. -- that would preclude a NC.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Ezra White wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:12 pm

I think it's too early to judge Syracuse. There are all sorts of things that could happen -- within team jealousy, a few superstars without team-wide chemistry, injuries, etc. -- that would preclude a NC.
The only reason he’s on team is because of his college coach,
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

lorin wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:44 am
Ezra White wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:12 pm

The only reason he’s on team is because of his college coach,
Or because they want an unstoppable lefty beast who shoots a ball at 500 miles an hour.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Notre Dame giving an assist here to Shellenberger today, just shutting off O’Neil.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Finster wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:54 pm Notre Dame giving an assist here to Shellenberger today, just shutting off O’Neil.

Actually, can Liam Entenmann win?
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

I think CJ Kirst remains in the mix for the Tewaaraton Award. Duke lost to Notre Dame & O'Neill was held to 2 points (1-1). CJ has the Turnbull Award and led Division 1 in goals/game and points/game. Cornell played 5 playoff teams. O'Neill is not a sure thing for this award.
Finster

Post by Finster »

laxfan1313 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:37 pm I think CJ Kirst remains in the mix for the Tewaaraton Award. Duke lost to Notre Dame & O'Neill was held to 2 points (1-1). CJ has the Turnbull Award and led Division 1 in goals/game and points/game. Cornell played 5 playoff teams. O'Neill is not a sure thing for this award.

After today I have no idea who wins. This is the closest Tewaaraton race in forever. I think Shellenberger wins because even though UVA lost to ND, he still performed and the loss was OT.

It was O’Neill’s for the taking, but 1-9 on championship game day is not a good look.

Maybe Kirst. I think Shellenberger gets it in the end.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

O'Neill should probably win and deservedly so. He has superlative skills: wicked shot speed and placement, great stick skills and strength. I just think the generational talk is too much. He is not a superior athlete despite what the ESPN bobbleheads say ("he's got great speed!"). Despite the hyperbole, he is on the slow side or average at best, and great defenders fare pretty well against him head to head.

If he wins it, he deserves it. The generational stuff is just too much. He's a great player among many great players this year and every year prior.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Liam E for the Tewy
Finster

Post by Finster »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:45 pm Liam E for the Tewy

In hindsight this probably is right. But it can’t be done.

I think Shellenberger gets it over O’Neill and Kirst. But I won’t be surprised by any of those three.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Finster wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:51 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:45 pm Liam E for the Tewy

In hindsight this probably is right. But it can’t be done.

I think Shellenberger gets it over O’Neill and Kirst. But I won’t be surprised by any of those three.
Entenmann has one more season of eligibility, correct?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”