2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
TucoBPJMRamirez

Re: 2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:27 pm Thought RIT defending Swank with an SSDM today - the same wrinkle people mentioned in here after the Middlebury game - was bizarre. First, can’t bother hands/close out on stepdowns from the best shooter on the field. Second, more than once they gave up size mismatches and let Swank go 1-on-1 with a short stick middle giving up 3 inches and 30 pounds. Third…they played him straight up and never even tried to lock him off/deny him looks. If it works (as it did against Midd), great. Do it until Tufts figures it out. If it doesn’t work…and he roasts his assignment over and over again as both as a dodger and a cutter…what’s the reasoning behind continuing to do it?

For all the talk about D’Annolfo not making adjustments, RIT sticking with that gameplan as Swank kept pouring in goals was hard to understand.
Agreed - I was actually surprised RIT even tried it to begin with since the differences between Swank and Ryan are legion. It was the right call against Ryan (worked for Union too) and a very bad call against Swank ... or any attack who can create his own opportunities.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

SKUD wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:31 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:30 pm
(Don’t criticize Babson, MIT, Bowdoin etc over on the NESCAC forum, they haven’t gotten that memo yet either)

The York team has very similar results to the teams that were called out above. NONE of them combined have close to the 40 pages of diarrhea of the keyboard York has.
In my opinion there isn’t almost any posts at all on those teams combined period, because their fans / followers, however many or few, aren’t largely represented on this forum. York has followers on here, as well as has haters like yourself that contribute to the banter on the York page when their own irrelevant teams don’t stir conversation. It is what it is. But that has to be the 5th time you’ve tried to fit “diarrhea” into a post, so you’re either 10 years old, or you should take a few Imodium and see a doctor if it persists.

On the two remaining teams… damn, Gulls Jumbos. Who to root against more. Kinda brings to mind the ad for that tacky Alien vs Predator movie. “Whoever wins… we lose.”
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:52 pm On the two remaining teams… “Whoever wins… we lose.”
I never thought I would ever agree with this cat ... but here we are.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

This is tufts game. Unless it is a slow down type game then I could see SU win a 11-10 game. SU will athletically get in the hole and play as much 6v6 as they can. Can’t count out JB & staff and the job they do/will do!

I make 2 predictions
1.Tufts 16, Salisbury 10
2. Salisbury 10, Tufts 8

In that order!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:21 pm Tufts will beat Salisbury by 8+.
No they won’t.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I vaguely remember something from last year where we discussed Salisbury vs Tufts as the premier DIII championship matchup that would likely do the best in a giant venue, because there are so many followers and detractors for both squads.

I briefly looked for the posts, to no avail.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:52 pm
SKUD wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:31 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:30 pm
(Don’t criticize Babson, MIT, Bowdoin etc over on the NESCAC forum, they haven’t gotten that memo yet either)

The York team has very similar results to the teams that were called out above. NONE of them combined have close to the 40 pages of diarrhea of the keyboard York has.
In my opinion there isn’t almost any posts at all on those teams combined period, because their fans / followers, however many or few, aren’t largely represented on this forum. York has followers on here, as well as has haters like yourself that contribute to the banter on the York page when their own irrelevant teams don’t stir conversation. It is what it is. But that has to be the 5th time you’ve tried to fit “diarrhea” into a post, so you’re either 10 years old, or you should take a few Imodium and see a doctor if it persists.

On the two remaining teams… damn, Gulls Jumbos. Who to root against more. Kinda brings to mind the ad for that tacky Alien vs Predator movie. “Whoever wins… we lose.”
I don’t hate York and I am a fan of D3. Great idea not to contribute to a 40th page. I am so not sorry you don’t like my sense of humor.

My hope for next Sunday (like you I wont be cheering for either team) is that everyone be treated to a display of lacrosse of the highest level, as well as a competitive game. OT would be great
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Congratulations Tufts and Sal. Should be a great matchup.
Tufts will not be denied.
Anyway to re-watch those Tufts games in demand?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 am Congratulations Tufts and Sal. Should be a great matchup.
Here is the link NBTL, they should load the game today or tomorrow, I would guess. https://www.youtube.com/@tuftslacrosse_/video. Salisbury has already put theirs up On Demand here: https://team1sports.com/suseagulls/

valaxfan
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:58 pm
No they won’t.
They beat RIT by 4 and RIT is a better team than Salisbury. It might be close in the 1st half but tufts is the much superior team.
humpdaddy

Post by humpdaddy »

Very excited for this Jumbos-Gulls matchup. I agree that this is either a 18-12 Tufts or a 12-11 Salisbury type game.

Does anyone know if they will have the game streaming at Cisco on Nantucket this weekend? Thanks
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

valaxfan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 am
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 am Congratulations Tufts and Sal. Should be a great matchup.
Here is the link NBTL, they should load the game today or tomorrow, I would guess. https://www.youtube.com/@tuftslacrosse_/video. Salisbury has already put theirs up On Demand here: https://team1sports.com/suseagulls/

valaxfan
Thank you sir!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

While the Lynchburg faithful are still blaming the weather for the two lopsided loss to Tufts, I want to point out that Tufts has 13 wins against ranked opponents. That is pretty dam impressive especially the margin of Victory. If they win against Salisbury, they will have beaten more than half of the top 20 teams in the country as of May 8th which is pretty amazing. Looking forward to game on Sunday against Salisbury. Congratulations to RIT on fine season.

1. Tufts
2. Salisbury
3. RIT - Beat
4. Christopher Newport - DNP
5. Dickinson - DNP
6. Middlebury - Beat X1, Destroyed x1
7. Amherst - Beat x1, Destroyed x1
8. Gettysburg - DNP
9. Denison - DNP
10. Swarthmore - DNP
11. York - Destroyed x1
12 Washington and Lee - DNP
13 Lynchburg - Destroyed x2
14 Stevens - Destroyed
15 Cabrini - Destroyed
16 Bowdoin - Beat
17 Williams - Beat
18 Union - Beat
19 Kenyon - DNP
20 Babson - DNP
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I hope I'm wrong but I think Tufts is going to beat S'bury handily...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:13 am I hope I'm wrong but I think Tufts is going to beat S'bury handily...
Have to agree. Their top 4 scorers have 237 goals combined that’s 60 goals apiece. If Salisbury had the best fogo in the country and premier goalie I’d say it’s a game. Regrettably I think Tufts by mid third qtr may have blown them out. Hoping it’s not but won’t be good if they get on a roll. Salisbury didn’t look particularly special in the W&L game. I believe their number 1 cover man is out. Berkman will have to dig deep into his bag of tricks to stay in the fight. Big motivation for Gull seniors one of the few groups never to win the title. Mason kohn could have a big day24-8 last 2 games.
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Mon May 22, 2023 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:23 am ... If Salisbury had the best fogo in the country and premier goalie I’d say it’s a game...
Agreed and... If the coachges know something that no one else knows. e.g. If you shut down Player X while playing a hybrid zone D etc. And... I do not think this is the case. Tufts has the lead, possibly a comfortable lead, by halftime and either it gets larger (or *larger*) in the second half.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:47 am
pcowlax wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:58 pm
No they won’t.
They beat RIT by 4 and RIT is a better team than Salisbury. It might be close in the 1st half but tufts is the much superior team.
I can play this game...
Salisbury beat CNU by 4, CNU beat RIT by 4, therefor by transitive property they are 8 goals better than RIT so Salisbury will beat tufts by 4.

Point being you can't score compare at this level. These are the two best teams in the country and it will be a tightly contested game
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

We’ve learned that strategy will not work against tufts. Between boyden bruun and swank there’s too many guys who can light u up for 5 goals on any given day
Bigdawg69

Post by Bigdawg69 »

Not to mention u throw in their big dodgers like Christmas and it’s a wrap
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

Think Salisbury defense, even though losing their best close defender, can matchup okay with tufts. Possessing the ball and limit tufts in transition will be key, also faceoffs. We will see what Coach Berkman comes up with to shut down Tufts playmakers.

Still believe tufts will win by 3-5 goals. But would like to see a great game and not a blow out in the championship.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”