InsideLacrosse Statistics Error

D1 Mens Lacrosse
calourie

InsideLacrosse Statistics Error

Post by calourie »

As I pointed out on the Ivy League thread, InsideLacrosse triple credited the scoring statistics in the Penn-Vermont game on their statistics pages as well as the Penn and Vermont team pages, whereby it makes it look like Penn has the highest goal total in the country (which they don't) as well as making it seem like their leading scorers are far more prolific than in actuality both nationally and in league. I'm assuming this was a human error or perhaps a computer one, but not being a Twitter, Facebook (or whatever other sign in app IL makes available for contact) user, I am unable to inform them of their mistake. In that I often find statistics revealing and always interesting I am hoping someone reading this post has the wherewithal to alert IL to the error of their way.

By the way, in their listing of teams by win total order, IL has Penn's and Vermont's goal totals correct.
10stone5

Re: InsideLacrosse Statistics Error

Post by 10stone5 »

Penn stats look ok to me.
Maybe I’m missing something.
Or maybe it was a timing thing and they recycled their stats.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/team/stats/penn/19
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/stats

This is the page I am referring to as well as the connections to the team pages from this page, 10Stone. As you can see this page (and the team page clicked onto from this page) says Penn has scored 207 goals, and Sam Handley has 62 points and Adam Goldner 50 goals, whereas the true numbers are 183, 52 and 46. But thanks for the followup.

Again FWIW the official Ivy League stats page has Handley with 53 points, so I'm not entirely sure how stats are officiallly assessed. But looking at Handley's game by game totals they are either 52 or 53 and not 62. He happens to be a terrific player in any and all regards, but keeping his numbers somewhat legitimate would seem to be important for national and league honors recognition.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

calourie wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:15 pm As I pointed out on the Ivy League thread, InsideLacrosse triple credited the scoring statistics in the Penn-Vermont game on their statistics pages as well as the Penn and Vermont team pages, whereby it makes it look like Penn has the highest goal total in the country (which they don't) as well as making it seem like their leading scorers are far more prolific than in actuality both nationally and in league. I'm assuming this was a human error or perhaps a computer one, but not being a Twitter, Facebook (or whatever other sign in app IL makes available for contact) user, I am unable to inform them of their mistake. In that I often find statistics revealing and always interesting I am hoping someone reading this post has the wherewithal to alert IL to the error of their way.

By the way, in their listing of teams by win total order, IL has Penn's and Vermont's goal totals correct.
32/21 great season
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”