2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
RE6ULATOR

Re: 2023 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:25 pm Whelp the best 4 teams all year are the final 4 teams left standing. Despite some strong objections (particularly York fans), these last few teams were only ones that looked capable of making it to championship weekend all year long. Congrats and good luck
I don’t think any York fans thought they had a top 4 team. You seem to be fixated on York. Did they cut you son?
He’s fixated because he ate humble pie for 7 straight games over 6 years vs York. Still sipping that hater-ade and posting on the high off of a week 1 win, but crickets on W&L’s loss that is hours old. Stay classy insider.

These remaining teams were the best teams all year. If a poll was out week 1, the vast majority of votes would’ve had these as the best 4 teams, and that’s before the first whistle of the year blew. Everyone knew it. Everyone still rooted for and backed their squad (including W&L fans).
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

All Final Four are the best teams this year, we all generally agree on this. If Salisbury plays tomorrow, like today, CNU will get their revenge. However, never count Salisbury out. I'm betting Berkman will have them ready to play but I will be rooting for the college that Paul Tribble built. Tufts and RIT is all about can RIT slow down the Tufts scoring machine. Tufts has too much firepower and should win. Good luck to all.

valaxfan
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:30 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:25 pm Whelp the best 4 teams all year are the final 4 teams left standing. Despite some strong objections (particularly York fans), these last few teams were only ones that looked capable of making it to championship weekend all year long. Congrats and good luck
I don’t think any York fans thought they had a top 4 team. You seem to be fixated on York. Did they cut you son?
He’s fixated because he ate humble pie for 7 straight games over 6 years vs York. Still sipping that hater-ade and posting on the high from a week 1 win, but crickets on W&L’s loss that is hours old. Stay classy insider.

These remaining teams were the best teams all year. If a poll was out week 1, the vast majority of votes would’ve had these as the best 4 teams, and that’s before the first whistle of the year blew. Everyone knew it. Everyone still rooted for and backed their squad (including W&L fans).
It was a reference to a very lengthy debate in the middle of the season in which Unknown Participant and I debated that only a small handful of teams actually had any chance at a championship. I referenced 20 years of data that teams outside of the top five almost never make it. He continued to argue with me that York and Lynchburg could be capable of a run to Memorial Day this year, I disagreed. There were several others that felt like York had improved enough to make a deep run, I disagreed. This was in late March, York had four losses. Only 1 team in the last 25 years had won a championship with four losses.

Just the reaction from the York posters now is revealing of how sensitive you all are on these forums.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:40 pm It was a reference to a very lengthy debate in the middle of the season in which Unknown Participant and I debated that only a small handful of teams actually had any chance at a championship. I referenced 20 years of data that teams outside of the top five almost never make it. He continued to argue with me that York and Lynchburg could be capable of a run to Memorial Day this year, I disagreed. There were several others that felt like York had improved enough to make a deep run, I disagreed. This was in late March, York had four losses. Only 1 team in the last 25 years had won a championship with four losses.

Just the reaction from the York posters now is revealing of how sensitive you all are on these forums.
Ugh. If someone disagrees with you, and doesn’t yield to the reasoning you supply, they’re “sensitive,” got it. I hope you realize gaslighting doesn’t make you look intelligent. Perhaps you’re a tad sensitive about your position, or at least just about being seen as “right” as well.

Anyway, with all that data you crunch, any input on the W&L results? You know, from TODAY. Or are we going to stick with vague references to arguments from months ago (because you’re soooo not sensitive on these forums :roll: )?
Last edited by RE6ULATOR on Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:49 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:40 pm It was a reference to a very lengthy debate in the middle of the season in which Unknown Participant and I debated that only a small handful of teams actually had any chance at a championship. I referenced 20 years of data that teams outside of the top five almost never make it. He continued to argue with me that York and Lynchburg could be capable of a run to Memorial Day this year, I disagreed. There were several others that felt like York had improved enough to make a deep run, I disagreed. This was in late March, York had four losses. Only 1 team in the last 25 years had won a championship with four losses.

Ugh. If someone disagrees with you, and doesn’t yield to the reasoning you supply, they’re “sensitive,” got it. I hope you realize gaslighting doesn’t make you look intelligent. Perhaps you’re a tad sensitive about your position as well.

Anyway, with all that data you crunch, any input on the W&L results? You know, from TODAY. Or are we going to stick with vague references to arguments from months ago (you know, because you’re soooo not sensitive on these forums)?
They lost to a team that was better than them. They competed hard, had a limited window to win the game but didn’t make plays needed in the clearing and face off game. Like I said, only 4-5 teams had a shot from the get go of making it Memorial Day, that’s the case every year. That’s what played out this year.

W&L returns a lot, it’ll be interesting to watch them develop the core of freshman’s and sophomores that played a lot. One of the youngest top 10 teams this year, missing some top end talent outside of Burns and Hubbard to beat the top five caliber teams.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

York and W&L which one is comedy and which one is tragedy?

York # most overhyped team ever.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

There will be two great games tomorrow, that’s for sure.
Hard to pick which one I’m looking forward to more.
A CNU/Salisbury, round 3, or a RIT/Tufts run and gun shootout. Thank goodness there shouldn’t be any overlap. I wish the other days also had better spreading of start times.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 pm You seem to be fixated on York.
This coming from the person who defensively comments in response to seemingly every single post that is even mildly critical about York. Come on.
RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:49 pm Perhaps you’re a tad sensitive about your position, or at least just about being seen as “right” as well.
Their position was correct, and they should be seen as “right” because they were right. I wish there were more parity/postseason chaos in D-III, but it’s not the reality.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Tough loss for the Generals yesterday, face offs 18-6 played a huge part in the Gulls win. Can CNU dominate at the dot and pull an upset. I’ve seen the previous 2 contests and think the only road to success for CNU is to have repeat performance in the cage like game 2 (18 saves or more) and go 65% at the dot. Possible but not likely. Looks like a third strike is going to be called. As far as the Tufts/RIT game goes it just a question as to when to call in the hounds. Nobody is beating this team from what I’ve seen so far this year and from this weekend. In fact it only has gone on to now strengthen the eye test for me. Good luck everyone hoping to see some great action
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:22 am
RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:49 pm Perhaps you’re a tad sensitive about your position, or at least just about being seen as “right” as well.
Their position was correct, and they should be seen as “right” because they were right. I wish there were more parity/postseason chaos in D-III, but it’s not the reality.
Hind sight is 20/20. The history and statistics proved to repeat again. When Insider was 50% of the argument he’s referencing, he believed it would happen, but he didn’t know it would happen. His prediction was correct, but that doesn’t change the fact that the guy calling other people sensitive, is bringing up an internet forum argument from months ago…. Insider definitely appears to have an axe to grind with York. That, much like his final 4 teams prediction, has history and is proven time and again with the pot shots he takes. The knee jerk responses it garners won’t ever negate that.

It does appear some York posters would be best served to ignore the trolls. Let the SKUDS and other trash, burner accounts have their “last word.” If you do they’ll eventually tucker themselves out like a toddler. Where I disagree is the concept that if you don’t, you’re being too “sensitive.”

(Don’t criticize Babson, MIT, Bowdoin etc over on the NESCAC forum, they haven’t gotten that memo yet either)
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:25 pm There will be two great games tomorrow, that’s for sure.
Hard to pick which one I’m looking forward to more.
A CNU/Salisbury, round 3, or a RIT/Tufts run and gun shootout. Thank goodness there shouldn’t be any overlap. I wish the other days also had better spreading of start times.
CNU led yesterday only once, when it mattered. They kept the score close enough to be in a position to win, and their players never dimmed, a sign of maturity (never mind the poor sportsmanship outside the whistles). Salisbury will need their absolute best offensive performance today to pull away. They do have CNU's number though...

For RIT, I am curious to see if they have an obvious game plan, or will they just go straight up and try to match Tufts with an up tempo game. They are capable of it.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Cook willed his team to victory yesterday. That’s not always the most sustainable model. Both of these teams will be tired, but who isn’t at this stage of the year.

One of the biggest differences is that Salisbury’s Ballard was able to keep Cook in check the last two match-ups. That is not going to be the case today. It will be interesting to see how they adjust.

I think Salisbury pulls it out 10-9.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

ah23 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:22 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 pm You seem to be fixated on York.
This coming from the person who defensively comments in response to seemingly every single post that is even mildly critical about York. Come on.
Nah. Only when I am quoted.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

(Don’t criticize Babson, MIT, Bowdoin etc over on the NESCAC forum, they haven’t gotten that memo yet either)
[/quote]

When did calling it like you see it become trolling? Common Reg6ulator. Have you been to a game and hear what is said on the field?

The York team has very similar results to the teams that were called out above. NONE of them combined have close to the 40 pages of diarrhea of the keyboard York has.

As for W&L it was sad that they were in the game and at key points had many unforced turnovers.

Glad we all have passion for the sport. if I am going to troll it is going to be much worse than what you have read. I know you have heard worse from better. ;)

I hope we see two great games today. Good luck to all the teams except for Tufts
Last edited by SKUD on Sun May 21, 2023 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

RIT vs Tufts

Tufts -2.5

- Tufts has been the team all year long. Once was a Memorial Day match up we see in the semi finals. RIT back to BACK champs is playing their best lacrosse. But I think Tufts home field advantage plays a factor and pulls out a win.

Salisbury V CNU

CNU -1.5

Aren’t we tired of the same teams in the championship games…. I’d love to see CNU break this 0-2 stand with Salisbury and walk away to a victory to their first ever Memorial Day weekend. Both teams will have weak legs. SU has a 43 home win streak but believe this game comes down on grit and who wants it more. Rooting for the underdogs.
Last edited by Oaklax on Sun May 21, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

IMO the tufts/rit game is the national championship
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 am IMO the tufts/rit game is the national championship
What exactly do you mean? Are you saying it is the best match up left? The best two teams left? As we all know, across the NCAA and sports in general, the two best teams don't always play for the (national) championship and meet in the last game.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

Oaklax wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:35 am RIT vs Tufts

Tufts -2.5

- Tufts has been the team all year long. Once was a Memorial Day match up we see in the semi finals. RIT back to BACK champs is playing their best lacrosse. But I think Tufts home field advantage plays a factor and pulls out a win.
Solid take, but I see it a little differently. Tufts has blitzed most of their opponents early in games this season and the Jumbo coaches haven't really made any in-game adjustments in the close games (Conn College and Amherst). Based on what RIT did to Middlebury, I'm betting the Tiger staff has something special cooked up for Tufts and I'm not convinced Casey 'n crew will be able to adapt quickly. I'll take RIT and the points.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Come on Casey’s very busy this morning working on what shoes to wear and social media
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Leonard Washington wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:45 am
Njlaxx11 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 am IMO the tufts/rit game is the national championship
What exactly do you mean? Are you saying it is the best match up left? The best two teams left? As we all know, across the NCAA and sports in general, the two best teams don't always play for the (national) championship and meet in the last game.
I think what he's saying, and he's not wrong, is that he believes Tufts and RIT to be the #1 and #2 teams in the nation. He may be right. We'll see...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”