The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:49 am Megan Kelly?! How unlike her to attack someone while trying to resurrect a career
Political punditry and the talking class has learned the lesson that the path to success is to be like a rap battle star. Get ready for Fox and CNN to look like this

https://youtu.be/3hSYY6pUToU
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:04 pm Leslie getting no love. :(
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motors ... a5a5&ei=19
Seka 🤫😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:07 pm
Seka 🤫😂
:lol:
A blast from the past.
Yeah, I kinda miss the old hairdo.
ImageImage
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:00 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:24 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

What reaction would I get if I tossed up a pic or Grace Slick then? Perhaps Darryl Hannah’s character in Blade Runner? (Can’t tell me you like Blade Runner Hannah better than Hannah in the limo in Wall Street, no one should claim that unless you have a clown fetish)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:49 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

What reaction would I get if I tossed up a pic or Grace Slick then? Perhaps Darryl Hannah’s character in Blade Runner? (Can’t tell me you like Blade Runner Hannah better than Hannah in the limo in Wall Street, no one should claim that unless you have a clown fetish)
Sign them up too. Megyn Kelly has that Grace Jones thing happening. She has no sex appeal but them lips be callin'..
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:59 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

Sign them up too. Megyn Kelly has that Grace Jones thing happening. She has no sex appeal but them lips be callin'..
If I’m mining the 80s my list begins and ends with Cocktail Elizabeth Shue. For a really good time add Belinda Carlisle to the party. And strangely I’ve seen some pics of stung out Iggy Pop and Deborah Harry where I’m like “damn throw me into a junkie scene w Lou Reed, Jim Carroll and her partying in an alley off Tompkins Square Park with soem magnums.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:38 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

If I’m mining the 80s my list begins and ends with Cocktail Elizabeth Shue. For a really good time add Belinda Carlisle to the party. And strangely I’ve seen some pics of stung out Iggy Pop and Deborah Harry where I’m like “damn throw me into a junkie scene w Lou Reed, Jim Carroll and her partying in an alley off Tompkins Square Park with soem magnums.
I am in.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:52 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

If I’m mining the 80s my list begins and ends with Cocktail Elizabeth Shue. For a really good time add Belinda Carlisle to the party. And strangely I’ve seen some pics of strung out Iggy Pop and Deborah Harry where I’m like “damn throw me into a junkie scene w Lou Reed, Jim Carroll and her partying in an alley off Tompkins Square Park with some magnums.”
I am in.
I am the passenger. And I ride and I ride.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWw7FE9tTo
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun May 21, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:40 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:52 pm
Seka 🤫😂
A blast from the past.
ImageImage
Sign me up.
Really?

I am in.
I am the passenger. And I ride and I ride.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-fWw7FE9tTo
Happy I could find something we all agree on. Thanks to dmac for the images to lock it in :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

The evidence to support medicalised gender transitions in adolescents is worryingly weak from The Economist

https://econ.st/42Y8qw0
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:20 pm The evidence to support medicalised gender transitions in adolescents is worryingly weak from The Economist

If you recall this was part of my uneducated but serious inquiry in the last quarter or so on this topic. Maybe some just know but man I’d be real nervous about taking too drastic a step. Both kids were clear they were marrying the opposite sex today when I asked them who they were picky at the “stop and get married spot” when we played the board game life. If anything I didn’t appreciate how quickly my daughter replied “a boy of course daddy” though my son, her older brother did chime in “who is this boy? Daddy and I have to investigate him first”
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:20 pm The evidence to support medicalised gender transitions in adolescents is worryingly weak from The Economist

If you recall this was part of my uneducated but serious inquiry in the last quarter or so on this topic. Maybe some just know but man I’d be real nervous about taking too drastic a step. Both kids were clear they were marrying the opposite sex today when I asked them who they were picky at the “stop and get married spot” when we played the board game life. If anything I didn’t appreciate how quickly my daughter replied “a boy of course daddy” though my son, her older brother did chime in “who is this boy? Daddy and I have to investigate him first”
It’s a good article. We politicize science in the country. I don’t think most parent rush into these very serious issues. Who wants to go through this?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:46 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:57 pm

It’s a good article. We politicize science in the country. I don’t think most parent rush into these very serious issues. Who wants to go through this?
Your last sentence is the key. There’s some very pathetic and insecure folks in the world who think people do this for fun. It’s more like disk fusion surgery to reduce or end their pain.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon May 22, 2023 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Am curious, Ffg, what is it about the quickness of this response you didn't appreciate?
If anything I didn’t appreciate how quickly my daughter replied “a boy of course daddy”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:59 am Am curious, Ffg, what is it about the quickness of this response you didn't appreciate?
If anything I didn’t appreciate how quickly my daughter replied “a boy of course daddy”
I wasn’t planning on sending her to a nunnery and my back yard can only hold so many 6ft deep graves for teenage boys.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Ah, got it.
Couldn't imagine it from you but my curiosity stemmed from the thought that some might say, well honey, maybe, but you might find that you like girls too or maybe would even rather be a boy. The seed is planted and I do believe something along these lines does happen with some overly woke conscious parents.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:06 am :lol:
Ah, got it.
Couldn't imagine it from you but my curiosity stemmed from the thought that some might say, well honey, maybe, but you might find that you like girls too or maybe would even rather be a boy. The seed is planted and I do believe something along these lines does happen with some overly woke conscious parents.
Nah but conversely I’m acutely aware to not be presumptuous because I can’t imagine how hard it is for a kid who does like (girl) to “go scuba racing at the a Bush” or (boy) “likes their cucumber pickled” growing up with parents who just talk and act as if there’s only one way to live. Even unintentionally that’s a disservice to ones child and, in my world, most of the reason I get up in mornings these days is my kids so if I fubar something like that up in their lives than I’m a bigger POS that Cradle already thinks I am. To wit, one of my many issues with my wife is that she continues to make decisions that are predominantly akin to living through our children. It’s one thing to guide from life experience and knowledge but another to force the direction the kid makes so they have no agency in their own human development.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon May 22, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:21 am To wit, one of my many issues with my wife is that she continues to make decisions that are predominantly akin to living through our children. It’s one thing to guide form life experience and knowledge but another to force the direction the kid makes so they have no agency in their own human development.
It's the most common thing I see among parents.

I always have to count to ten after she tells me about an issue at school/wherever. Remind myself we're teaching her to solve problems, just as I do with my training of production staff at work. It's been VERY helpful to have taught workers with no experience how to operate a factory, and how to think for themselves so that they don't need me for most issues.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

DMac wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:06 am :lol:
Ah, got it.
A seed will be planted to do what? Make a straight kid somehow turn gay?

Funny how the opposite sseds never seem to work though...

Return to “POLITICS”