Long Island 2023

HS Boys Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: Long Island 2023

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:49 pm So far I haven't viewed word one from that specific MHS "fan"who comments about MHS's OT wins over it's competitors. IMHO one his/her recent posts was condescending orif you prefer,childish and churlish.

TO WHIT If not for a red hot 1st quarter where everything went GC's way except for faceoffs, "Manhasset would have won easier". Outscored GC 7-2 in the 2nd half. Still, credit to GC for remaining very resilient and battling into OT.

WOULD HAVE WON EASIER.NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Chaminade scored 1 more goal than it's opponent.Ergo,Chaminade won. I'm curious if any Chaminade fan will opine HOW CHAMINADE WOULD HAVE WON EASIER?
kr522

Post by kr522 »

C’mon Murf…. there’s nothing wrong with seeing games from only your team’s point of view, that’s a fans privilege. Regardless, it seems all the LIC games are going to be interesting this year. Farmingdale has been coming on strong (if they should represent Nassau), and Suffolk has many candidates but no one powerhouse. Garden City imo is stronger than their record shows, I think that Texas trip did a number on them, but they are good…I only give South Side a punchers chance, and then I have no idea if any of the Suffolk teams are strong enough, but it would be nice to see WI back in the mix. Manhasset will get all they can handle from Mount Sinai, i think that’s a coin toss, and realistically BBP and SWR are always a threat. CSH I’m guessing will have the easiest path of anyone

My uninformed opinion:
- Northport over Farmingdale by 1
- GC over WI by 3
- OT game between the Indians and Mustangs
- CSH by 4 over whoever
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Suffolk brackets for all classes available here: http://www.sectionxi.org/TOUR/BLAX.htm

A and B are wide open it seems. C will come down to Mt Sinai and BBP...Mustangs the favorite but not overwhelmingly so.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am Suffolk brackets for all classes available here: http://www.sectionxi.org/TOUR/BLAX.htm

A and B are wide open it seems. C will come down to Mt Sinai and BBP...Mustangs the favorite but not overwhelmingly so.
Random observations:
So meeting the Patriots in the next round would be an away game even though you won the regular season? That SE loss now officially sucks.

the #1 seed in B, lost 12-1 to the #1 seed in C :o

And if Hauppauge makes it through to play Comsewogue, do we call that Pauge vs Wogue?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:01 am
LI13 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am Suffolk brackets for all classes available here: http://www.sectionxi.org/TOUR/BLAX.htm

Random observations:
So meeting the Patriots in the next round would be an away game even though you won the regular season? That SE loss now officially sucks.

the #1 seed in B, lost 12-1 to the #1 seed in C :o

And if Hauppauge makes it through to play Comsewogue, do we call that Pauge vs Wogue?
There's no question C is the best class on LI this year. It has the top 2 public school teams in Manhasset and Mt Sinai as well as some substantial depth. B is down this year. A is deep but with no elite teams.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled at what I knew would be a trip to East Setauket should we survive the quarters. Has me pining for the old neutral site semis (but I don't believe they've done that since 2005).
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Longwood beat Bay Shore 7-6 in 2OT to earn a trip to East Setauket for the quarters. Honestly can't remember the last time Longwood made it to the quarters, so good for them!

Sachem North big over Sachem East in the other game. Arrows get Connetquot on Saturday.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:09 am C’mon Murf…. there’s nothing wrong with seeing games from only your team’s point of view, that’s a fans privilege. Regardless, it seems all the LIC games are going to be interesting this year. Farmingdale has been coming on strong (if they should represent Nassau), and Suffolk has many candidates but no one powerhouse. Garden City imo is stronger than their record shows, I think that Texas trip did a number on them, but they are good…I only give South Side a punchers chance, and then I have no idea if any of the Suffolk teams are strong enough, but it would be nice to see WI back in the mix. Manhasset will get all they can handle from Mount Sinai, i think that’s a coin toss, and realistically BBP and SWR are always a threat. CSH I’m guessing will have the easiest path of anyone

My uninformed opinion:
- GC over WI by 3
- CSH by 4 over whoever
In the "good old days" GC and Manhasset fans would meet to settle bets and hoist a few at an agreed upon ""watering hole". No coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses or explanations.

"O TEMPORA,O MORES"!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:35 am
kr522 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:09 am C’mon Murf…. there’s nothing wrong with seeing games from only your team’s point of view, that’s a fans privilege. Regardless, it seems all the LIC games are going to be interesting this year. Farmingdale has been coming on strong (if they should represent Nassau), and Suffolk has many candidates but no one powerhouse. Garden City imo is stronger than their record shows, I think that Texas trip did a number on them, but they are good…I only give South Side a punchers chance, and then I have no idea if any of the Suffolk teams are strong enough, but it would be nice to see WI back in the mix. Manhasset will get all they can handle from Mount Sinai, i think that’s a coin toss, and realistically BBP and SWR are always a threat. CSH I’m guessing will have the easiest path of anyone

My uninformed opinion:
- GC over WI by 3
- CSH by 4 over whoever
In the "good old days" GC and Manhasset fans would meet to settle bets and hoist a few at an agreed upon ""watering hole". No coulda, woulda, shoulda excuses or explanations.

"O TEMPORA,O MORES"!

Slainte Murf!
kr522

Post by kr522 »

My uninformed opinion:
- GC over WI by 3
- CSH by 4 over whoever

"O TEMPORA,O MORES"!
Hopefully many still do

RIP to Manhasset legend Jim Brown who passed away today (and Syracuse legend, and NFL legend, and Civil rights)
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:41 pm

My uninformed opinion:
- GC over WI by 3
- CSH by 4 over whoever

"O TEMPORA,O MORES"!
Hopefully many still do

RIP to Manhasset legend Jim Brown who passed away today (and Syracuse legend, and NFL legend, and Civil rights)
My H.S. coach played lacrosse and football at Syracuse, 4 years after "32" left SU for the Browns. He said the aura of Jim Brown permeated the locker rooms. If a player screwed up on the field, Schwartzwalder and/or Simmons would bark out "Jim Brown did it. Why can't you'?

KR- Did you ever meet Judge Malloy? He was a terrific man and J.B.'s mentor.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:05 pm
kr522 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:41 pm

My uninformed opinion:
- GC over WI by 3
- CSH by 4 over whoever

"O TEMPORA,O MORES"!
Hopefully many still do

My H.S. coach played lacrosse and football at Syracuse, 4 years after "32" left SU for the Browns. He said the aura of Jim Brown permeated the locker rooms. If a player screwed up on the field, Schwartzwalder and/or Simmons would bark out "Jim Brown did it. Why can't you'?

KR- Did you ever meet Judge Malloy? He was a terrific man and J.B.'s mentor.
I met Judge Molloy many times. Larger than life that man was. An excellent Tennis Player as well!

Joe
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Would venture to guess Jim Brown was pretty much unstoppable in lacrosse, especially if he could pass
kr522

Post by kr522 »

The story i always heard was he tucked the stick in against his chest and ran by/over anyone….and they changed the rules after that. Maybe because of that

Murf, I think as a kid I met him, but not in a way that I could tell a good story. Was Nancy his daughter?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

kr522 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:16 am The story i always heard was he tucked the stick in against his chest and ran by/over anyone….and they changed the rules after that. Maybe because of that

Murf, I think as a kid I met him, but not in a way that I could tell a good story. Was Nancy his daughter?
His son Jamie Molloy was a great GK for Syracuse, holds the all-time saves record for them with 766. His grandson Evan Molloy was a real solid GK for them a few years back.

Joe
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Suffolk A quarters

Halftime: Northport 4, Hills 2
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Northport 10-5 final.
Connetquot 14-7 Sachem North
McMonkey

Post by McMonkey »

Hey, folks,

Quick question: do you know what year Jim Brown graduated from MHS?

Thanks
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

McMonkey wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:45 pm Hey, folks,

Thanks
1953, I believe.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:55 pm
McMonkey wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:45 pm Hey, folks,

Thanks
1953, I believe.
Yes 1953
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:57 pm Northport 10-5 final.
Connetquot 14-7 Sachem North
That’s a decisive win

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”