Georgetown vs Virginia in Qrtrs

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ny10458

Re: Georgetown vs Virginia in Qrtrs

Post by ny10458 »

1766 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:08 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:05 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:51 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:12 pm Nice win for the Hoos. Good overall game to watch.

Does anyone know what the GATA on the back of the GTown sorts mean? I thought it might mean Get Another Transfer Again 😂😂
Should be BATA in that case. B standing for buy.
Never a win when you have to explain your joke. Also if you are a Rutgers fan making that comment.
Cool story brah
“Brah.”
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

ny10458 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:14 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:08 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:05 pm
1766 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:51 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:12 pm Nice win for the Hoos. Good overall game to watch.

Does anyone know what the GATA on the back of the GTown sorts mean? I thought it might mean Get Another Transfer Again 😂😂
Should be BATA in that case. B standing for buy.
Never a win when you have to explain your joke. Also if you are a Rutgers fan making that comment.
Cool story brah
“Brah.”

The noted etymologists at Google tell us GATA is not unique to the Hoyas and that it means “Get After Their Asses.” The acronym has been showing up on GTown Lax social media for a couple of years.

Good season by Georgetown, they hung tough after a slow start and gave the team that looks increasingly likely to be this year’s national champion a good game. Best of luck to all those who have played their final collegiate lacrosse game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

pcowlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Graduates Are Transfer Alternatives?
Lil Dickeys Hype Man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GaTa
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:54 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Graduates Are Transfer Alternatives?
Lil Dickeys Hype Man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GaTa
:lol: :lol:
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Guesss Shellenberger is finally healthy.

Made it look too easy today
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Is Ricky Miezan injured, didn’t see him today.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:55 pm Get After That A$$ ?
That’s for Wisconsin Ave and M Street afterwards. Grab some B&T Arlington and Friday girls at the Guard or Rhino, head up Wisconsin a little, k at waterfront when weather is good, etc
molo

Post by molo »

Yes, second team according to the geniuses who pick their teams before the most important games have been played.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:20 pm
That’s for Wisconsin Ave and M Street afterwards. Grab some B&T Arlington and Friday girls at the Guard or Rhino, head up Wisconsin a little, k at waterfront when weather is good, etc
The Rhino is sadly gone. Great spot.

Joe
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:34 pm
The Rhino is sadly gone. Great spot.

Joe
I left DC in 05 - lot has changed. Used to drink cheaply (read free + cash tip) there as a former GT player named Mike Shuler who I loosely worked with and was friends with a family friend. I preferred a few other spots (particularly 18th St Lounge, Local 16th and Ozio but free is free when you borrowed everything you needed for cost of attendance to grad school.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Remember celebrating the final regular season win over Syracuse in 99 at Rhino as an alumn. A run up to the first Memorial Day appearance. DC is a great place to be in the spring.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:57 pm
Remember celebrating the final regular season win over Syracuse in 99 at Rhino as an alumn. A run up to the first Memorial Day appearance. DC is a great place to be in the spring.
Was before or after Camelot? :)
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:05 pm
I never made it to Camelot. I was scarred by my experience at Good Guys on Wisconsin freshman year.
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

herpes triangle.
DMV_Guy

Post by DMV_Guy »

rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:21 pm
I never made it to Camelot. I was scarred by my experience at Good Guys on Wisconsin freshman year.
Camelot is okay, but DC laws around gentlemen’s clubs are too restrictive IMHO. Saving Grace for Good Guys is the burger. Four out of five stars, would recommend to a friend. #GATA
Wife and four kids. I work at the Department of Motor Vehicles so please speak slowly. Posting in between shifts from the toilet.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

DMV_Guy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:34 pm
Camelot is okay, but DC laws around gentlemen’s clubs are too restrictive IMHO. Saving Grace for Good Guys is the burger. Four out of five stars, would recommend to a friend. #GATA
#GATA
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

molo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:21 pm Yes, second team according to the geniuses who pick their teams before the most important games have been played.
Because it's always better to base season long performance awards for all D 1 players only on the games played by the 4-8 teams that make it this far/s
Last edited by Chousnake on Sun May 21, 2023 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

molo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:21 pm Yes, second team according to the geniuses who pick their teams before the most important games have been played.
All the professional sports leagues vote on All-Stars before the playoffs. Also, which of the top three 1st team AA guys would you have replaced? It was a good year for attackmen; Shelley was consensus 1st team last year; and he was slowed by injury this year in the regular season. All-American is supposed to be based on the season you had, not a ranking of the best players in a vacuum. He could still win most outstanding player in the final four and the Tewaaraton if he continues to play well as he did today.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

rolldodge wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:37 pm
DMV_Guy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:34 pm
#GATA
close friends wife was a bartender/waitress at Camelot for many years. She became great friends with Jim Kimsey, co-founder of AOL. I did some work for him in his home, which was 2-3x over budget, bought the adjacent home which is a Frank Lloyd Wright home. https://www.elledecor.com/celebrity-sty ... sey-house/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:51 pm
All the professional sports leagues vote on All-Stars before the playoffs. Also, which of the top three 1st team AA guys would you have replaced? It was a good year for attackmen; Shelley was consensus 1st team last year; and he was slowed by injury this year in the regular season. All-American is supposed to be based on the season you had, not a ranking of the best players in a vacuum. He could still win most outstanding player in the final four and the Tewaaraton if he continues to play well as he did today.
the funny thing is, all-american hasn't even been announced yet. teams in the playoffs already have an advantage. no need to skew it further.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”