The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:15 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:04 pm Have tickets for next summer. won’t get to see her race…

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans-ru ... sports.amp
I saw a Charlie Baker (new NCAA president) interview a month or so ago. When asked about transgender (particularly MTF) participation in the NCAA he stated the current rules are aligned with the international ruling body rules in each respective sport.

I wonder what the allowable testosterone level is for track athletes assigned female at birth is.
I have heard that the transgender athletes' testosterone levels are lower than females. More goes into it than that I realize. I would take a hard look at limiting any athlete that competed competitively post puberty in a men's sport to compete against women. The science isn't easy....there is natural genetic diversity even with male / female genders.
This may interest you.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33648944/

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-01389-3
Thanks. Will take a look. There has been a lot of work around this issue for years. There is always room for improvement…. Anyone here ever have a kid compete against a transgender athlete? The closet I came to it was having a girl on my team in the 4th grade.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:04 pm Have tickets for next summer. won’t get to see her race…

I saw a Charlie Baker (new NCAA president) interview a month or so ago. When asked about transgender (particularly MTF) participation in the NCAA he stated the current rules are aligned with the international ruling body rules in each respective sport.

I wonder what the allowable testosterone level is for track athletes assigned female at birth is.
I have heard that the transgender athletes' testosterone levels are lower than females. More goes into it than that I realize. I would take a hard look at limiting any athlete that competed competitively post puberty in a men's sport to compete against women. The science isn't easy....there is natural genetic diversity even with male / female genders.
This may interest you.

I believe Baker’s comment on relying on each particular sport’s international governing body is a response to your second link and the acknowledgement that changes in testosterone levels and muscle mass affect performance at different rates for different sports. It’s not one size fits all.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:47 am

This may interest you.

I believe Baker’s comment on relying on each particular sport’s international governing body is a response to your second link and the acknowledgement that changes in testosterone levels and muscle mass affect performance at different rates for different sports. It’s not one size fits all.
This is what I always say on this issue... (which is really a non issue 99% of the time in sports).
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The FDA has removed its ban on Gay's donating blood. About f***ing time! They will be screened at time of donation just like everyone else.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Florida...nutcase parent/school BD member...
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/15/us/flori ... index.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

Miller Lite making a play for Bud Light's lost market share. Strident potty mouth girls are sooo hot !

https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/mil ... es-outrage

...any John Madden statues that can be torn down ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... so what are the mouth breathers going to drink now? :lol:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 pm ... so what are the mouth breathers going to drink now? :lol:
Corona? 😂
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:19 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 pm ... so what are the mouth breathers going to drink now? :lol:
Corona? 😂
... doubt it, far too expensive to get sh*t faced. :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:58 pm
Corona? 😂
Golden Anniversary
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:58 pm
Corona? 😂
Amazing how much beer Mexico exports. A drug-dealing nation for sure…😂
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Those defending against American Fascism

... more communities are taking a lesson from the Black Panthers.

Anti-Fascists armed to the teeth
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

More on this story.....

This person is said to have inserted himself as the unspoken person in the HS for students to come to that have questions. This vice principle, is a gay man, and was married to another man of 20+ years who just died last week, they also have an adopted 15 y/o son that is now with family.

Some are speculating that this may very well be the argument that parents are making about school staff not informing them of sensitive conversations between students and teachers.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:18 pm More on this story.....

This person is said to have inserted himself as the unspoken person in the HS for students to come to that have questions. This vice principle, is a gay man, and was married to another man of 20+ years who just died last week, they also have an adopted 15 y/o son that is now with family.

Some are speculating that this may very well be the argument that parents are making about school staff not informing them of sensitive conversations between students and teachers.

Ugh ! My wife taught at LHS for several years in the mid-80's.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Wonder if they qualify for molestation insurance.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:32 pm Wonder if they qualify for molestation insurance.
As an old boss liked to say: there no such thing as a deal that can’t be done. Just have to price and structure accordingly.

Insurance is all about the riders and carve out/exceptions…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
DMac

Post by DMac »

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Megan Kelly?! How unlike her to attack someone while trying to resurrect a career
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Megan Kelly?! How unlike her to attack someone while trying to resurrect a career

Return to “POLITICS”