StM
10%
StP
7%

Total votes: 103

kramerica.inc

Re: MIAA A Conference

Post by kramerica.inc »

First, CHC is doing a lot of things right. That’s how a program gets to the point that CHC and McD’s Women’s team did. But the MIAA/IAAM’s main issue is that it only performs “self policing.”
I dont think anything chc started out doing was in direct conflict of the spirit of miaa rules. But success breeds success and those boundaries get pushed until we end up with another Gilman/StF football situation. In this case see: kids coming in from out of state and highly touted kids mysteriously transferring out of other local private middle schools...
In today’s world where parents want wins above everything else, some kids flock to those winning programs.
McD has been in direct conflict with the spirit of the MIAA/IAAM rules for years. But their school model with boarding students more directly
allows it.
Hammer44

Post by Hammer44 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:25 pm First, CHC is doing a lot of things right. That’s how a program gets to the point that CHC and McD’s Women’s team did. But the MIAA/IAAM’s main issue is that it only performs “self policing.”
I dont think anything chc started out doing was in direct conflict of the spirit of miaa rules. But success breeds success and those boundaries get pushed until we end up with another Gilman/StF football situation. In this case see: kids coming in from out of state and highly touted kids mysteriously transferring out of other local private middle schools...
In today’s world where parents want wins above everything else, some kids flock to those winning programs.
McD has been in direct conflict with the spirit of the MIAA/IAAM rules for years. But their school model with boarding students more directly
allows it.

[You are correct that success breeds success and that young lax players and their families want to be part of a winning program. That's a no brainer. As far as the mystery about why certain kids are leaving their other local private middles, I'd say its no mystery that this coaching staff and their track record, combined with a great total school environment are the attraction to CHC. Strong attraction! The Blue Chips on this team needed no additional help/exposure. They would have succeeded in any of the MIAA powerhouse programs. The evidence that this is drawing kids/parents to CHC is in the second tier kids, who are getting college coaches attention and getting offers due to the system and coaching they are receiving. Down to number 35 on the roster these kids are getting D1 opportunities because of the system they are in. Nothing nefarious going on. Success always brings out the nay sayers who yell conspiracy. Admit I'm a homer, but have seen lots of lacrosse and lots of programs over the years. This one is run like a well oiled machine. ]
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Well oiled machine it is.There is definitely a process and system there.

I guess you’re right. I’ll take your word for it.

There is no mystery on why a kid would go to another MIAA Private MS for 3 years and then transfer.

Those kids are just “being coached” by their FCA club “mentors!”

They just “fell in love with the overall school atmosphere” on Goucher Boulevard!

;)

Saved from all the lousy atmospheres in other MIAA middle schools!
viper

Post by viper »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 am Well oiled machine it is.There is definitely a process and system there.

I guess you’re right. I’ll take your word for it.

There is no mystery on why a kid would go to another MIAA Private MS for 3 years and then transfer.

Those kids are just “being coached” by their FCA club “mentors!”

They just “fell in love with the overall school atmosphere” on Goucher Boulevard!

;)

Saved from all the lousy atmospheres in other MIAA middle schools!
The facts bear out that CHC is getting transfers from other MIAA programs and other parts of the country, but the speculation being raised here is that it is being facilitated by stepping outside the rules/guidelines of the MIAA may be a bit premature. I suppose it's possible, but to keep things in perspective, it's only been recent dominance that we have seen over the last few years. You don't have to go back very far to the Boys Latin teams that were pretty dominant as well.

Dominance has come and gone in the MIAA between the CHCs, Gilmans, Boys Latins, etc. If this trend starts to favor one particular school over 5-10 years that would certainly raise red flags, but it may still be a bit premature to make a St Francis Football analogy.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Everyone wants to throw stones when your on top. It's been the nature of the league forever! Get over it and move on. It's still the best league pound-for-pound in hs lacrosse. Hats off to the Cards for committing to excellence.

Big week this week for the league. Lots of playoff implications. 7 teams vying for 6 spots. It's is gonna be interesting down the stretch.

1. CHC 7-0, 12-1
2. StP 6-1, 10-2
3. StM 6-2, 9-5
4. BL 5-2, 9-5
5. LB 5-3, 8-4
6. Gilman 4-3, 8-5
7. McD 3-4, 9-4

Today's games;
- GOTW ("flexed", not a surprise!) StP @ CHC. #1 v. #2. Crusaders come up with a big W on Goucher Blvd 12-11
- UPSET ALERT! BL @ Spalding, Cavs earn a big W over the surging Lakers, 9-8
- JC @ Gilman. Hounds crush 14-4
- MSJ @ McD. Eagles beat up on Gaels, to continue their surge, 15-3
- Rivalry Game! Severn @ StM. Saints cruise 12-6
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

Slim wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 am Today's games;
- GOTW ("flexed", not a surprise!) StP @ CHC. #1 v. #2. Crusaders come up with a big W on Goucher Blvd 12-11
My predictions...
CHC 14 - SP 8
BL 13 - Spalding 5
JC 6 - Gilman 12
MSJ 7 - McDonogh 14
Severn 8 - St. Mary's 12
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

MPSSAAlaxfan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:26 am
Slim wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:22 am Today's games;
My predictions...
CHC 14 - SP 8
BL 13 - Spalding 5
JC 6 - Gilman 12
MSJ 7 - McDonogh 14
Severn 8 - St. Mary's 12
I'll go with:
CHC 15 StP 11
BL 13 Spalding 9
JC 4 Gilman 12
MSJ 4 MCd 12
Severn 6 St Mary's 10
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The guessing game!

CHC 17 SP 12 - Thinking these teams will get after it and get up and down the field. Defense will be at a premium. CHC pulls away in the 4th.
BL 11 AS 8 - BL leads for most of the game with little drama.
JC 5 GT 15 - Greyhounds keep it in cruise control.
MSJ 5 MD 12 - Gaels keep it close eearly, but McD get the win and inches closer to a playoff berth.
SV 9 SM 13 - Emotion keeps Severn in striking distance for most of the game but StM's talent seals the win.
viper

Post by viper »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:14 pm The guessing game!

CHC 17 SP 12 - Thinking these teams will get after it and get up and down the field. Defense will be at a premium. CHC pulls away in the 4th.
MSJ 5 MD 12 - Gaels keep it close eearly, but McD get the win and inches closer to a playoff berth.
SV 9 SM 13 - Emotion keeps Severn in striking distance for most of the game but StM's talent seals the win.
Well it’s 9-1 Hall early in the 2nd quarter
viper

Post by viper »

viper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Hall 15-2 over St Paul’s and it’s just halftime
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Spalding leads BL 5-4 at half.
Gilman leading JC 10-4 at half.
viper

Post by viper »

viper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm
viper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Hall 15-2 over St Paul’s and it’s just halftime
15-4 end of 3rd. CHC Had lots of possession and lots of shots. Have to wonder if they were told not to score the way they were shooting.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

BL down by 4 with less than 6 left in the 4th.
viper

Post by viper »

admin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:38 pm BL down by 4 with less than 6 left in the 4th.
16-6 CHC over St Paul’s. CHC pulled the starters for most of the 4th
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

viper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 pm
admin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:38 pm BL down by 4 with less than 6 left in the 4th.
16-6 CHC over St Paul’s. CHC pulled the starters for most of the 4th
CH scored at will. 15-2 at half. Calvert Hall looks unstoppable. They might as well give them the crown now. Why wait !
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

11-2 Saints over Admirals end of 3.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was CHC's day today. It won't be their day every day.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I don’t know about that.

It will take a monumental effort to knock them off.

They beat the clear #2 team by 4 goals. And at this time, none of the other teams are playing very well.
viper

Post by viper »

admin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 pm It was CHC's day today. It won't be their day every day.
Given their depth, I think right now CHC would really have to not show up for another MIAA team to knock them off right now. However, I don't disagree with that statement after graduation. :)
ultimatelaxbro

Post by ultimatelaxbro »

viper wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:55 am
admin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:50 pm It was CHC's day today. It won't be their day every day.
Given their depth, I think right now CHC would really have to not show up for another MIAA team to knock them off right now. However, I don't disagree with that statement after graduation. :)
Seems to me they are trying to make a statement so that everyone is afraid to face them in the playoffs. Demoralize in the regular season so that when you step on the field in the playoffs the game is already decided mentally.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”