Coaching Carousel 2023 - D1

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Coaching Carousel 2023 - D1

Post by HopFan16 »

1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm What built in disadvantages are those?
Probably the same ones that took Brecht 7 years to make a tournament and the program five decades to make the semi-finals? Have the fundamentals for Rutgers vis-a-vis the elite lacrosse programs drastically changed in the Knights' favor? It's not an easy place to recruit to relative to those programs.
1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm As a former Hopkins All American said to me,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo
1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm why would a kid go to Hopkins now?
I don't know you'll probably have to ask one of the nine 4-stars in the upcoming class or any of the three-plus future All-Americans in the current freshman group which included two UAAAs. Curious to see how the 2025s shake out. Think it's going to be a very good class for the Jays.

Since this is the coaching thread, my question still stands — Brecht's most recent public contract was due to expire this year. Did he get a new one after last season? I assumed he would have, but they didn't announce anything.

Post by 1766 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:56 pm
1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm What built in disadvantages are those?
Probably the same ones that took Brecht 7 years to make a tournament and the program five decades to make the semi-finals? Have the fundamentals for Rutgers vis-a-vis the elite lacrosse programs drastically changed in the Knights' favor? It's not an easy place to recruit to relative to those programs.
1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm As a former Hopkins All American said to me,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo
1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:03 pm why would a kid go to Hopkins now?
I don't know you'll probably have to ask one of the nine 4-stars in the upcoming class or any of the three-plus future All-Americans in the current freshman group which included two UAAAs. Curious to see how the 2025s shake out. Think it's going to be a very good class for the Jays.

Since this is the coaching thread, my question still stands — Brecht's most recent public contract was due to expire this year. Did he get a new one after last season? I assumed he would have, but they didn't announce anything.
Actually, a lot has changed. Namely funding across the board. Have you seen the Rodkin Center as an example? It's all different now.

Yea, I saw all those 4 stars under Petro too. Then I saw the 0 stars running by them on the field that Brecht was coaching. Not sure I'd put that much faith in the a guy who sits in a cubicle in Baltimore who never played lacrosse. But whatever. I'm a fan of a few of those kids you got, some others, not so much. Hopkins isn't easy to recruit to relative to peer programs. In some ways you can make that statement about 95% of the programs.

He didn't sign a new deal after last season. He's not even half way through the last deal from my understanding. Would have to check. Like I said though, he has a great relationship with the AD. I don't expect that to be an issue when the time comes up to re-up. There is zero appetite for anyone to lead the program other than him.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:22 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:00 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Divi ... _by_school

hofstra stands out from that list. 2011.
Hofstra made the quarterfinals in 1993, 1999, 2001 and 2006.Sad times on the Plains of Hempstead.
It’s the cyclical rut of mid majors. Very few Butler BB or Boise State FBs can withstand momentum of hit young new coaches picking of depth at the margin.

Plus as good as he was too much volume ended up with RT IMO during his stay.

We just need the run to go to a town on the north side of Seneca Lake here. Been too long.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

1766 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:38 pm He didn't sign a new deal after last season. He's not even half way through the last deal from my understanding. Would have to check. Like I said though, he has a great relationship with the AD. I don't expect that to be an issue when the time comes up to re-up. There is zero appetite for anyone to lead the program other than him.
I'm just going off what's online: https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/1/17 ... a-lacrosse

Reports were that he signed an extension in 2019 that was good through the 2023 season. I'm not saying there are any issues, but if he didn't get a new one after last season then the time to re-up is apparently now
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:31 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:23 pm The elder at Denver, the younger at Hofstra.
An uncle and nephew stepping down within weeks is a weird coincidence.Certainly a bittersweet moment.Recruiting L.I. kids to ptay locally is a sisyphean task.Good luck to the person that takes the Hofstra job.
Well then would you suggest that ST rejected Camus thesis on Sisyphus by stepping down?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:32 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:59 am
Magbride14 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:59 pm How about Simon Conor’s name being thrown into the coaching carousel, 16 years of running his vaunted offense at Nova, maybe it is time for Coach Conor to take his Delbarton pipeline to another sideline as possibly a Head Coach (Queens college)
Can you see the average kid at Delbarton choosing Queens college? Respectfully.
As a NJ HS lacrosse coach that has coached against Delby and has coached delby kids in club ball - honest answer is “not a snowballs chance in hell”.
And the Point of course wasn’t to pick on Queens but more that a HS coach going to a place he can’t leverage one of his best assets doesn’t make sense for the school or the guy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:10 pmOh, oh !
The best is “outside of academics”…
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:01 pm
We are really talking about Delbarton kids picking from the same 30-40 schools that the NE prep schools are also pumping....if those don't work out it's MCLA or Frat Row...or Both :D
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:53 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:23 pm The elder at Denver, the younger at Hofstra.
An uncle and nephew stepping down within weeks is a weird coincidence.Certainly a bittersweet moment.Recruiting L.I. kids to ptay locally is a sisyphean task.Good luck to the person that takes the Hofstra job.
Well then would you suggest that ST rejected Camus thesis on Sisyphus by stepping down?

I thought The Stranger was better,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Str ... mus_novel)
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:59 pm

The probability of a lacrosse forum discussing my favorite Algerian philosophizer and my favorite Hempstead Long Island lacrosse team is really insurmountable. But I digress, I do not believe ST to be Sisyphusiousin nature. He is not trying to cheat life, he is living life.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

jersey shore lax wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:17 pm

The probability of a lacrosse forum discussing my favorite Algerian philosophizer and my favorite Hempstead Long Island lacrosse team is really insurmountable. But I digress, I do not believe ST to be Sisyphusiousin nature. He is not trying to cheat life, he is living life.
I have seen no public news about Seth Tierney and Hofstra. Is this just speculation or am I missing something?

Post by 1766 »

I mean, Hopkins is a highly rated school, no?

NPC from an NPC school. Cute how you are always chiming in though.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Brownlax wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:24 pm

I have seen no public news about Seth Tierney and Hofstra. Is this just speculation or am I missing something?
I believe this started with someone getting confused about Coach Tierney stepping down and not realizing it was Denver Tierney not Hofstra Tierney, I am pretty confident that this was a simple mistake and not something that was/is happening at this time.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

jersey shore lax wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:56 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:24 pm

I believe this started with someone getting confused about Coach Tierney stepping down and not realizing it was Denver Tierney not Hofstra Tierney, I am pretty confident that this was a simple mistake and not something that was/is happening at this time.
Look at the posts above where it specifically says “uncle and nephew both stepping down”
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wahoo is very confused and misread that post from April

Seth Tierney is still at Hofstra. For now, at least
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Breschi Contract got renewed
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NNELax wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:46 pm
We are really talking about Delbarton kids picking from the same 30-40 schools that the NE prep schools are also pumping....if those don't work out it's MCLA or Frat Row...or Both :D
I go with option D, frat row, MCLA and a harem in Utah.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh man we’re going to take this offline as I have the stranger below Sisyphus, the Plague (tied w Sisyphus for me) The Fall ahead of The Stranger! Got a tattoo of Sisyphus on my back in Barcelona in September 2001 (end of month) on a 4mo backpacking trip after college where I narrowly avoided a train bombing in Istanbul and also may have acquired hash from a 16yr old waiter who worked at an outdoor spot across from the Blue Mosque among other adventures so I am a vigorous acolyte of that work.
molo

Post by molo »

I must not be the only English major here. Unless, of course, you read Camus en français as we had to to meet the language requirement at the U.
I’m guessing the tat shop was in el barrio gótico or perhaps in el born. Cornell have been in el raval, that would have been pretty edgy the, especially in the lower part, el barrio chino.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”